Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 03:40:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228111 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [SOLD OUT] 2/10 - New York City, New York @ Roseland Ballroom
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [SOLD OUT] 2/10 - New York City, New York @ Roseland Ballroom  (Read 39427 times)
nats
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2012, 08:55:58 AM »

setlist
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/2012/roseland-ballroom-new-york-ny-43dea347.html

Welcome to the Jungle
        It's So Easy
        Mr. Brownstone
        Estranged
        Rocket Queen
        Sorry
        You Could Be Mine
        Better
        This I Love
        DJ Ashba Guitar Solo
        (Ballad of Death)
        Sweet Child O' Mine
        Instrumental Jam
        (Another Brick In The Wall: Part 2)
        Axl Rose Piano Solo
        November Rain
        Civil War
        Whole Lotta Rosie
        (AC/DC cover)
        Knockin' On Heaven's Door
        (Bob Dylan cover)
        Nightrain
        Encore:
        Motivation
        (Tommy Stinson song)
        Paradise City

Note: incomplete and out of order

Great show last night!  Axl seemed to be in very good shape and so happy, he was so nice to shake hands to the audience in the front row!
I believe they also played "Don't Cry" and "Patience" in encore, although I don't remember exact order...
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2012, 09:04:05 AM »

Encore for show was Madagascar, Dont cry , Motivation, Patience, PC.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2012, 09:04:37 AM »

dont cry http://youtu.be/A0NiXoLPuoc
nats
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2012, 09:26:51 AM »

Can someone put a pic up of the VIP passes?  Just wanna see what they look like I have one for the Ritz show.  Also damn it feels great to be back on this board again.  I don't think I have posted for 5 years.  Seen GNR 6 times since my last post here. LOL. Hi Jarmo! 

I tried to upload a pic of Gold VIP pass, but I do not know how I can...  It has the very similar pic of the picture below (the one on litho), one side is metallic, and the other side is normal, and "VIP" on both sides.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/158092_10901008068_194277630_n.jpg

From the list the security guy had last night, it seemed only 20-30 people purchased Gold VIP.  They gave us the passes just before 30 minutes of the door open.  When you go to the RITZ, please make sure to bring your Photo ID with you, because I saw group of two ladies who purchased Gold VIP could not get the passes because they did not have Photo ID (they only had credit card etc.) and told by the security guy to go to the general waiting line... It was just before 30 minutes of the door open, and that was too bad...
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2012, 10:06:50 AM »

I would give my left nut to see any of these small venue shows...and we still have the setlist complaining douchebags bitching cause they didn't play the set they wanted to hear. Can't anyone be  content that they were in the presence of a legendary band in such an intimate setting?

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
Annie
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2012, 10:07:33 AM »

Frank had this star tattoo done at Hart and Huntington at the same time that I was getting AXL Rose Stitch!  Sounds like you guys had a blast!
Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2012, 10:09:18 AM »

I would give my left nut to see any of these small venue shows...and we still have the setlist complaining douchebags bitching cause they didn't play the set they wanted to hear. Can't anyone be  content that they were in the presence of a legendary band in such an intimate setting?

I didnt catch the arena tour last fall, and they're playing a different set than the two previous GNR show's I saw in '06 and '02, so I'm totally pumped to see such a great setlist in such a small venue.  I never thought they'd play Estranged, Civil War, Dont Cry, etc again.

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
Pocket Roses
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2012, 10:57:21 AM »

Can someone put a pic up of the VIP passes?  Just wanna see what they look like I have one for the Ritz show.  Also damn it feels great to be back on this board again.  I don't think I have posted for 5 years.  Seen GNR 6 times since my last post here. LOL. Hi Jarmo! 

I tried to upload a pic of Gold VIP pass, but I do not know how I can...  It has the very similar pic of the picture below (the one on litho), one side is metallic, and the other side is normal, and "VIP" on both sides.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/158092_10901008068_194277630_n.jpg

From the list the security guy had last night, it seemed only 20-30 people purchased Gold VIP.  They gave us the passes just before 30 minutes of the door open.  When you go to the RITZ, please make sure to bring your Photo ID with you, because I saw group of two ladies who purchased Gold VIP could not get the passes because they did not have Photo ID (they only had credit card etc.) and told by the security guy to go to the general waiting line... It was just before 30 minutes of the door open, and that was too bad...
.     Thanks nats  peace
Birk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2012, 11:20:28 AM »

So did anyone meet any of the members or see them after the show???
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2012, 12:58:04 PM »

I know that the show started between 11:30-11:45 but does anybody know what time it ended.  I'm trying to plan if I should take the train or drive but I wanted to get a ball park start and end time.

Wake up. . . .time to die
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2012, 01:19:39 PM »

I know that the show started between 11:30-11:45 but does anybody know what time it ended.  I'm trying to plan if I should take the train or drive but I wanted to get a ball park start and end time.

It was somewhat after 2.  There actually wasn't much of a wait from the opener to GNR.  I was surprised.  Axl was in an awesome mood.  Great time!!!
felixgnr
Opening Act

« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2012, 01:19:53 PM »

finished around 2:15
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2012, 01:24:22 PM »

Thanks for the info.

Wake up. . . .time to die
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2012, 01:26:51 PM »

The crowd was ROUGH, especially where we were standing.  I missed a few minutes here and there due to fights and then security came in and dragged out a few people.  I wound up wearing a few pints of beer.  My friend got randomly punched by some dude who apparently just got out of prison.  They managed to make up after.  To me, it was definitely a bit rougher than the Hammerstein shows in 06.  We were about 4 people deep in on the left hand side.

Axl was incredible and on point the entire show, IMO.  Toward the end of course, he was losing his voice a bit but who wouldn't?  I also noticed he actually doesn't fully leave the stage during solos and breaks every time as I could see him hanging out on the side or sort of in the darkness.  He had a lot of smiles for the crowd and other band members.  He was definitely in a great mood.  I loved it.  Still debating trying to snare a ticket to the Ritz.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2012, 01:29:27 PM »

Ended about 2:10 AM.  Show was probably 2 hours 30min or 2 hours 40 min in duration  That includes the "curtain call" where the band came out, took bows, thanked everyone for coming, etc.  We were out by the "Jersey Boys" signs by 2:15.

The show was fucking AMAZING.  One of the, if not the, best GnR shows I've see (and last night was my 13th).  Un-fucking-real.  It was loud....my ears are still ringing...and PERFECT for that size venue.

We left gossip around 9:45, walked into the venue, , and got to the center (left to right), about 10 feet in front of the soundboard.

By the time GnR went on...we were DEAD fucking CENTER of the main floor.  Besides the rail, probably the best vantage point in the house.

The crowd was AMAZING.  Not a lot of assholes, not super pushy...but almost sort of rolling with energy and movement.  I was actually surprised there was no surge when the lights went down just before Jungle started.  Lots of "real" GnR fans in the crowd......which was really nice.

One thing I've not seen mentioned:

This show was being pro filmed.  I saw at least 3 (and maybe 4) camera men....and they were getting very "DVD-ish" shots (like the one of the camera men, during November Rain got RIGHT up on stage and was filming Axl in close up).  I don't think there was a CC system set up in the venue and I didn't see any screens/monitors...but we were so close, I might not have.

Axl sounded outstanding, probably the best I've heard him since the 90's...band sounded amazing, too.  I LIKED the set list...I thought it was eclectic and interesting.  Once again, though, I missed My Michelle.  I swear he knows I'm coming to shows and specifically doesn't play it!

It was amazingly cool to get to sing Happy Birthday to Axl!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 01:33:33 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2012, 01:32:48 PM »

The crowd was ROUGH, especially where we were standing.  I missed a few minutes here and there due to fights and then security came in and dragged out a few people.  I wound up wearing a few pints of beer.  My friend got randomly punched by some dude who apparently just got out of prison.  They managed to make up after.  To me, it was definitely a bit rougher than the Hammerstein shows in 06.  We were about 4 people deep in on the left hand side.

What's weird is 'center/center' (dead center, about 20+ feet in front of the sound board) wasn't real rough or violent all night long.  My wife and I were actually talking about it on the way home:  We didn't see ONE fight, all night long.

Axl was incredible and on point the entire show, IMO.  Toward the end of course, he was losing his voice a bit but who wouldn't?  I also noticed he actually doesn't fully leave the stage during solos and breaks every time as I could see him hanging out on the side or sort of in the darkness.  He had a lot of smiles for the crowd and other band members.  He was definitely in a great mood.  I loved it.  Still debating trying to snare a ticket to the Ritz.

He was happpy, and in a good mood, all night!  He'd run back into the "tent" (and I only call it that because there was some sort of flap of fabric that he'd move aside to go in) back stage, and then he'd be out 2 or 3 min later, prowling the side, talking with Beta (who you could see just about all night on the right side of the stage, just behind and below Pittman).
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 01:35:40 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2012, 01:36:32 PM »

I'm jealous Pilferk....use to be Madagas on this board and went to one of the Hammerstein shows with you guys. Damn....sounds awesome.  ok

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
music89
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2012, 01:42:24 PM »

show was AMAZING!! First time seeing GNR and it did not disappoint at all! House lights went down at exactly 11:30 and show ended at 2:10am, so a 2hr40min show. Axls voice sounded great and there was a ton of energy from both the band and the crowd. I was 2nd row almost dead center, and it was an absolutely insane show. This is the setlist from last night.

01. Welcome To The Jungle
02. It's So Easy
03. Mr. Brownstone
04. Estranged
05. Rocket Queen
06. This I Love
07. Richard Fortus Jam - James Bond Theme
08. Live And Let Die
09. Sorry
10. You Could Be Mine
11. Better
12. DJ Ashba Jam - Ballad Of Death
13. Sweet Child Of Mine
14. Another Brick In The Wall Jam
15. November Rain
16. Ron "Bumblefoot" Thall Jam- Pink Panther Theme
17. Whole Lotta Rosie
18. Civil War
19. Knockin On Heavens Door
20. Nightrain
-----Encore-----
21. Instrumental Jam #1
22. Madagascar
23. Don't Cry
24. Motivation (Tommy Stinson on Vocals)
25. Instrumental Jam #2
26. Patience
27. Instrumental Jam #3
28. Paradise City

We also sang happy birthday to Axl, don't remember where in the show that happened though...
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 01:47:22 PM by music89 » Logged
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2012, 01:44:37 PM »

What's weird is 'center/center' (dead center, about 20+ feet in front of the sound board) wasn't real rough or violent all night long.  My wife and I were actually talking about it on the way home:  We didn't see ONE fight, all night long.

He was happpy, and in a good mood, all night!  He'd run back into the "tent" (and I only call it that because there was some sort of flap of fabric that he'd move aside to go in) back stage, and then he'd be out 2 or 3 min later, prowling the side, talking with Beta (who you could see just about all night on the right side of the stage, just behind and below Pittman).

It was wild over where we were!  Axl takes the same amount of breaks he always did but like you said, he doesn't disappear for nearly as long.  He had great interaction with the crowd and the band.  I would even say he was downright jovial all night.  He said something to the effect of "We had a LOT of fun" at the end, right?  Everyone was in top form and I have seen some shows that have NOT been in top form so it is not something I say easy.  Everything just meshed right.

Anyone going to the rest of these shows is in for a treat. ok

I did see the cameras and some shots of the crowd being taken.  It was definitely a pumped crowd, that is for sure but it was like that at the Hammerstein shows as well so I expected no less.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2012, 01:50:30 PM »

It was wild over where we were!  Axl takes the same amount of breaks he always did but like you said, he doesn't disappear for nearly as long.  He had great interaction with the crowd and the band.  I would even say he was downright jovial all night.  He said something to the effect of "We had a LOT of fun" at the end, right?  Everyone was in top form and I have seen some shows that have NOT been in top form so it is not something I say easy.  Everything just meshed right.

Something like that...and said he'd like to do it again.  When they came out at the end...they were all smiles. 

It bears repeating: EVERYONE sounded good last night. Axl, the band...everyone.  The chemistry on stage was REALLY good, too.  They seem like they've really meshed well.

I did see the cameras and some shots of the crowd being taken.  It was definitely a pumped crowd, that is for sure but it was like that at the Hammerstein shows as well so I expected no less.

There was some talk about cameras in another thread (or earlier in this one):  I saw security letting people in with cameras all night long...just in case anyone was wondering.

Together again,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: