Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:18:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Update from Tommy [Jan 10th, 2012]
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Update from Tommy [Jan 10th, 2012]  (Read 7284 times)
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 10:34:25 AM »

Tommy is my least favourite member, probably because I've never warmed to him at all, I've always felt that he's earned this nickname of "The General" because he always looks so bloody depressed. He made comments to the crowd in Dublin in 2010 when I felt he could have just kept his mouth shut.

This post is, sadly, as bloody cryptic as always - nothing given away and everything is "just about to be seen" or "waiting to be uncovered" - just once I'd like this band to do things the normal way, send out a press release, and talk about future tour dates.

Don't get me wrong, it's great to see them all enjoying themselves and liking each others company, but I don't think these kind of press releases do anything but make people anxious and give way to spreading false rumour and hope

I don't know the person Tommy Stinson but from what i experienced with Tommy... he's also my least favorite member.
In Portugal i took pictures with everyone but Dizzy and Tommy. We sang Happy Birthday to him, and he completely ignored us. He was like 1 meter away. Didn't take pics with anyone and he looked like he was hungover.

As far as the statement... i do agree with that.

Wouldn't mind to have a clear statement once in a while, instead of this kind of statements. But hey... it is how it is with GNR.

Apart from that, i like his solo work though

Do you know what, I don't like Tommy either 'cause he has the same name as my son but doesn't look like him.... Fuck off!  You two are the type of whinny cunts who make things difficult for others. Halo- maybe he WAS hungover, it ain't a crime (assuming it wasn't UAE or the like) and maybe he did "mouth off" in Dublin, guess what, I wouldn't put up with having stuff thrown at me either, look what happened on the US tour, nobody threw stuff and the show went on, and on, and on, everybody wins.... That's novel, fancy that, show some respect and the artists just does what you've paid to see, shame that everybody doesn't get that. None of the band members HAVE to do anything for the fans other than play music, anything extra is a bonus, remember that and you won't be disappointed.  smoking

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2012, 11:46:27 AM »

Tommy is my least favourite member, probably because I've never warmed to him at all, I've always felt that he's earned this nickname of "The General" because he always looks so bloody depressed. He made comments to the crowd in Dublin in 2010 when I felt he could have just kept his mouth shut.

This post is, sadly, as bloody cryptic as always - nothing given away and everything is "just about to be seen" or "waiting to be uncovered" - just once I'd like this band to do things the normal way, send out a press release, and talk about future tour dates.

Don't get me wrong, it's great to see them all enjoying themselves and liking each others company, but I don't think these kind of press releases do anything but make people anxious and give way to spreading false rumour and hope

I don't know the person Tommy Stinson but from what i experienced with Tommy... he's also my least favorite member.
In Portugal i took pictures with everyone but Dizzy and Tommy. We sang Happy Birthday to him, and he completely ignored us. He was like 1 meter away. Didn't take pics with anyone and he looked like he was hungover.

Wouldn't mind to have a clear statement once in a while, instead of this kind of statements. But hey... it is how it is with GNR.

Do you know what, I don't like Tommy either 'cause he has the same name as my son but doesn't look like him.... Fuck off!  You two are the type of whinny cunts who make things difficult for others. Halo- maybe he WAS hungover, it ain't a crime (assuming it wasn't UAE or the like) and maybe he did "mouth off" in Dublin, guess what, I wouldn't put up with having stuff thrown at me either, look what happened on the US tour, nobody threw stuff and the show went on, and on, and on, everybody wins.... That's novel, fancy that, show some respect and the artists just does what you've paid to see, shame that everybody doesn't get that. None of the band members HAVE to do anything for the fans other than play music, anything extra is a bonus, remember that and you won't be disappointed.  smoking

Wight Gunner, as i said,i dunno Tommy the person, and when i say what i say, i'm not referring to the Dublin incident at all...
Just because the guy was a jerk in Portugal, doesn't mean he's not nice in Jamaica or Iceland... it means he wasn't nice that day.
I'm not obligated by law to like Tommy either, from the little i know he was indeed a prick, but maybe he was having a bad day... who knows... i don't care really...i'm not gonna have one piece of happiness taken out from my heart, just because i didn't meet a guy called Tommy Stinson.. i couldn't care less.

In terms of his skills... and that's really what matters! I love his solo work! As far as GNR goes... the only thing i'm gonna say, and i hope people don't get me wrong. Whenever Duff comes on stage with GNR... you can clearly see a difference there in the quality of playing the bass on You Could Be Mine...

Oh My God i cant deny this...
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2012, 01:11:18 PM »

Wight Gunner, as i said,i dunno Tommy the person, and when i say what i say, i'm not referring to the Dublin incident at all...
Just because the guy was a jerk in Portugal, doesn't mean he's not nice in Jamaica or Iceland... it means he wasn't nice that day.
I'm not obligated by law to like Tommy either, from the little i know he was indeed a prick, but maybe he was having a bad day... who knows... i don't care really...i'm not gonna have one piece of happiness taken out from my heart, just because i didn't meet a guy called Tommy Stinson.. i couldn't care less.

In terms of his skills... and that's really what matters! I love his solo work! As far as GNR goes... the only thing i'm gonna say, and i hope people don't get me wrong. Whenever Duff comes on stage with GNR... you can clearly see a difference there in the quality of playing the bass on You Could Be Mine...

Ok, no prob's.

In regards Duff and YCBM, I say that Tommy has had more practice and that Duff, no doubt would have tried a few times in his own time to get up to speed, it's not one of his usual songs on the Loaded play list.  I'd imagine that the musicians around him in the old days had different things going on compared to the best line-up and he'd possibly say "at this point Izzy would.... where as BBF has added a little..." Well you get the picture .

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
spgunner
Headliner

We begin by coveting what we see every day-Lecter

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2012, 02:05:35 PM »

Tommy rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2012, 02:09:15 PM »

Maybe it's karma at work?

I've seen plenty of fans interact with Tommy and the rest of the band.  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2012, 06:28:31 PM »

He made comments to the crowd in Dublin in 2010 when I felt he could have just kept his mouth shut.

Isn't Dublin where the band had bottles full of piss thrown at them??!!!

So you're pissed at Tommy for calling out the Dublin fans about throwing piss at him and the band??!!!

Irony  Roll Eyes

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Hale
Headliner

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2012, 06:29:17 PM »

What do you mean by that?
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2012, 04:48:48 AM »

I've seen plenty of fans interact with Tommy and the rest of the band.  Smiley

/jarmo

Maybe it was   Cheesy
I interacted a lot with the rest of the band though. Bumblefoot was awesome. Del was awesome, Ashba was awesome! Didn't get to see Axl... but i think he arrived later on, on his jet.

Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2012, 05:20:36 AM »

For f***'s sake everyone has a bad day every now and then. If one of my favourite artists would always smile and be happy I'd be worried. We're human beings, it's not normal to be always at your best.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2012, 06:26:11 AM »

Well..... Sometimes it's kinda amusing how things happen.

Let's just say plenty of (real) fans have had better luck meeting Tommy as well as the rest of the band. Smiley

Besides, we're talking about humans here. Not robots.
Humans have feelings.

If you don't have the time, or feel like, hanging out by the buses behind the venue, it's up to you. Nobody else.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2012, 07:28:25 AM »

Well..... Sometimes it's kinda amusing how things happen.

Let's just say plenty of (real) fans have had better luck meeting Tommy as well as the rest of the band. Smiley

Besides, we're talking about humans here. Not robots.
Humans have feelings.

If you don't have the time, or feel like, hanging out by the buses behind the venue, it's up to you. Nobody else.

/jarmo

Well i have no interest in meeting Tommy. I wouldn't even know what to tell him to be honest. I did meet the other guys, but the only people i would have interest in taking a picture with, would be Axl and Slash. I was just saying... and yes it's up to Tommy to meet people or not, no doubt about it.

About being a real fan... well i'm a real fan of the old band or should i say Guns N'Roses. I'm kinda of a fan of the new band... i mean i liked the show in Portugal... can't say i dislike Chinese Democracy. I don't love it, but it's a good enough album. As far as the new band... i'm not exactly a fan, but i'm giving them the benefit of a doubt in terms of albums. If they surprise me on the next album, it would be nice! As far as live shows... i completely approve them!

So yeah, i do have a vast collection of Guns N'Roses stuff, so i am a real fan! And i was lucky enough to meet the whole new band except Axl, Dizzy and Tommy. Only one i feel unfortunate not to meet, would be Axl. But then again... 95% of the people don't get to meet Axl anyways...

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2012, 09:23:26 AM »

Well i have no interest in meeting Tommy. I wouldn't even know what to tell him to be honest. I did meet the other guys, but the only people i would have interest in taking a picture with, would be Axl and Slash. I was just saying... and yes it's up to Tommy to meet people or not, no doubt about it.

About being a real fan... well i'm a real fan of the old band or should i say Guns N'Roses. I'm kinda of a fan of the new band... i mean i liked the show in Portugal... can't say i dislike Chinese Democracy. I don't love it, but it's a good enough album. As far as the new band... i'm not exactly a fan, but i'm giving them the benefit of a doubt in terms of albums. If they surprise me on the next album, it would be nice! As far as live shows... i completely approve them!

So yeah, i do have a vast collection of Guns N'Roses stuff, so i am a real fan! And i was lucky enough to meet the whole new band except Axl, Dizzy and Tommy. Only one i feel unfortunate not to meet, would be Axl. But then again... 95% of the people don't get to meet Axl anyways...

Blah blah blah.
Your act is old and boring. You're not even good at it.  ok

By the way, since we are on the subject of statistics. Here's one for you:
100% of the people who met Axl, met Axl.
Fact!

I know, I know. It's hard to believe. But after some calculations, I think that's an accurate number.

I know, you probably will say that only 95% of those 100% met him.... Because you must have some kind of proof for your 95% number. I mean, it can't be just pulled out of your own ass as most of your "facts" right?

Everybody else, relax.
Just kidding with this "real fan"...

You gotta see the humor in the situation when somebody spends their free time on a message board dedicated to a band they don't like.

Or like this person, hangs out by the tour buses hoping to meet band members, only to come online later to tell everyone he never liked the band, whine about his experience and to say that he never wanted to meet the band members!

hihi

/jarmo

kevinb222
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2012, 11:09:32 AM »

Tommy is the glue!

It's been
Fourteen years that are gone forever
And I'll never have again
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2012, 04:46:44 AM »

Tommy is the glue!

It's been
Fourteen years that are gone forever
And I'll never have again

This is the one. I'm divorcing now after exactly 14 years. It's not likely I could ever forget her but being Estranged is not that bad either.  It's gone forever and now we wait the European tour.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: