Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:32:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Update from Tommy [Jan 10th, 2012]
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Update from Tommy [Jan 10th, 2012]  (Read 7313 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: January 12, 2012, 06:38:50 PM »

Happy New Year!

Tuesday, January 10, 2011
Hudson, NY

Happy New Year my Peeps!

I have barely been home a week and it?s already starting to take shape!!!! It?s all good stuff mind you, but I just wasn?t prepared to have it all start so soon. Anyway, there will be much to talk about in the coming days, weeks, and months.

I must say that the last GNR tour was a lot of fun. The camaraderie was the best it?s been in all my 14 years and I think we all went home inspired by the possibilities. I want to say thank you to all of you who came out to the shows, especially those who came to more than one. It means a lot to us.

Much love and success to all of you in 2012. Stay tuned for more.

t

Highlighted GN'R specific part.  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 06:52:25 PM »

Happy New Year!

Tuesday, January 10, 2011
Hudson, NY

Happy New Year my Peeps!

I have barely been home a week and it?s already starting to take shape!!!! It?s all good stuff mind you, but I just wasn?t prepared to have it all start so soon. Anyway, there will be much to talk about in the coming days, weeks, and months.

I must say that the last GNR tour was a lot of fun. The camaraderie was the best it?s been in all my 14 years and I think we all went home inspired by the possibilities. I want to say thank you to all of you who came out to the shows, especially those who came to more than one. It means a lot to us.

Much love and success to all of you in 2012. Stay tuned for more.

t

Highlighted GN'R specific part.  Smiley

/jarmo

That certainly bodes well for future efforts.

Ali
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 07:06:23 PM »

I wonder if he's talking about GNR when he says that things are starting already...
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 10:29:17 PM »

Great to hear! Sure glad I got to see him on stage eight times last year; four times solo and four times with Guns.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 11:34:26 PM »

No Tommy....it meant a lot to us. Thank You.

Axl is God.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 01:36:41 AM »

Its great to see the band in such high spirits. In all of the years since I've followed the 'new' band this line up certainly feels the tightest. Tip of the hat to bumble and dj who have really had a positive effect on the band.

Happy new year!

Here today...ready to rock
BumbleBuzz
Rocker

Guns N' Roses Strong Since 1999!

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 06:13:51 AM »

Tommy is my least favourite member, probably because I've never warmed to him at all, I've always felt that he's earned this nickname of "The General" because he always looks so bloody depressed. He made comments to the crowd in Dublin in 2010 when I felt he could have just kept his mouth shut.

This post is, sadly, as bloody cryptic as always - nothing given away and everything is "just about to be seen" or "waiting to be uncovered" - just once I'd like this band to do things the normal way, send out a press release, and talk about future tour dates.

Don't get me wrong, it's great to see them all enjoying themselves and liking each others company, but I don't think these kind of press releases do anything but make people anxious and give way to spreading false rumour and hope

2006.06.09 - Dublin, Ireland
2006.07.29 - London, England
2010.09.01 - Dublin, Ireland
2012.05.17 - Dublin, Ireland
2012.05.23 - Newcastle, England
2017.07.17 - London, England
cineater
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 08:27:18 AM »

Don't be so hard on Tommy.  Everything he says doesn't have to do with GNR.  He was a pretty happy guy until the fan base jumped on him and made him responsible for GNR.  He jumped in there and got the shit kicked out of him.  I don't think he wanted the job but he tried for us.  Wasn't his fault.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
banachkevin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 09:49:49 AM »

tommy rules

Vancouver2002,Edmonton2006,Saskatoon2010,Las Vegas2012,Las Vegas 2014,Toronto 2016
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 11:17:41 AM »

I like him.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 12:10:48 PM »

Tommy is my least favourite member, probably because I've never warmed to him at all, I've always felt that he's earned this nickname of "The General" because he always looks so bloody depressed. He made comments to the crowd in Dublin in 2010 when I felt he could have just kept his mouth shut.

This post is, sadly, as bloody cryptic as always - nothing given away and everything is "just about to be seen" or "waiting to be uncovered" - just once I'd like this band to do things the normal way, send out a press release, and talk about future tour dates.

Don't get me wrong, it's great to see them all enjoying themselves and liking each others company, but I don't think these kind of press releases do anything but make people anxious and give way to spreading false rumour and hope
I disagree.  I think if Tommy were to give something specific, like "we hope to release an album by Christmas", THAT would give people false hope.  As is, I think that anyone who gets their hopes up off of that has only themselves to blame.

Ali
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 10:05:48 PM »

I don't remember things ever being this positive surrounding GNR. This could be really good.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, 02:56:10 AM »

I like Tommy's attitude... he looked like he was having a blast in Nashville

Plus he's always making that cool face to like...  Lips Sealed

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2012, 07:52:13 AM »

Happy New Year Tommy!

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
oahuguns
Opening Act

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2012, 08:16:42 AM »

Gotta love all the positivity surrounding this band! My wife and I flew to Las Vegas for NYE to see this band. As much as I thought 2006 at the Joint was awesome, NYE 2011 was just insane! Somehow we got into a semi-private area next to the soundboard and just took it all in... Show was insanely phenomenal. You know how they say to 'dance like nobody is watching' well, that would definitely describe me  during that show, (as my wife and friends would later show me on their phone videos) Haha! I even met Jarmo briefly.. He had no clue who I was, nor should he, as I never post anything, but DAMN what a great fucking night!!!!!!! Hope all the momentum continues through 2012 and beyond!!!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 01:19:47 AM »

Thanks Tommy

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 05:51:41 AM »

I like Tommy peace

But this is just bullshit: "especially those who came to more than one."

I'm looking forward to the European tour thinking about going to five or so consecutive dates. Not everyone can do it but it doesn't mean they should be thanked less.
ChiDem2010
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 08:36:55 AM »

I like Tommy peace

But this is just bullshit: "especially those who came to more than one."

I'm looking forward to the European tour thinking about going to five or so consecutive dates. Not everyone can do it but it doesn't mean they should be thanked less.

For the amount people pay for more than one show, they should be thanked, not only for their financial support but for their dedication as a fan of the band.
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 10:42:22 AM »

Dublin deserved anything and everything...bunch of fuckin' animals

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, 09:34:42 AM »

I don't know the person Tommy Stinson but from what i experienced with Tommy... he's also my least favorite member.
In Portugal i took pictures with everyone but Dizzy and Tommy. We sang Happy Birthday to him, and he completely ignored us. He was like 1 meter away. Didn't take pics with anyone and he looked like he was hungover.

As far as the statement... i do agree with that.

Wouldn't mind to have a clear statement once in a while, instead of this kind of statements. But hey... it is how it is with GNR.

Apart from that, i like his solo work though
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 09:45:27 AM by Halo69 » Logged

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: