Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 03:57:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228125 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dj Ashba: I've Written 12 Songs For Axl That He Really Likes
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dj Ashba: I've Written 12 Songs For Axl That He Really Likes  (Read 10251 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: January 11, 2012, 04:44:21 PM »

Mama's Fallen Angels Interview with DJ Ashba of Guns N Roses and Sixx AM

January 11, 2012

Great interview with a man who works with some of the biggest names in rock and roll, and is EASILY identifiable as one of the premiere guitarists you can catch anywhere today.  We all know DJ Ashba from his high profile gigs with GNR and Sixx AM, and I was awarded the honor of sitting down with the extremely talented songwriter/guitarist late last week. 

@ 12:30 he talks about a new Guns N' Roses album.  He says he's written 12 songs for Axl that he really likes and a new album "absolutely is our main priority."

@ 9:50 Dj Ashba: "As far as February, I believe we have some Guns dates booked."

Here's how it all went down:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6huTbmVuPuk

http://www.mamasfallenangels.com/forum/topics/mfa-interview-with-dj-ashba-of-guns-n-roses-and-sixx-am

« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 04:29:45 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 05:25:48 PM »

Axl's 'vault' must be stuffed full of stuff now.

2012 could be a very exciting year!

Here today...ready to rock
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 05:34:16 PM »

DJ is the man!  He seems to have really motivated Axl.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 05:35:20 PM »

Did I hear right? GNR dates in February ?

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 05:40:09 PM »

Did I hear right? GNR dates in February ?

I heard that too!

Here today...ready to rock
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 05:58:27 PM »

Can't wait too hear what they come up with, now that Dj is aboard.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 06:15:44 PM »

Axl likes a lot of stuff.  Did he sing and dance to it?  Cheesy

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 06:59:28 PM »

Curious how this works for Axl. If Axl has certain songs he wants to be on the next album but then DJ wrote other songs, would Axl feel pressured to include some tracks DJ worked on as to not offend him or some shit? Also, whatever happened to collaborations? I think all future tracks would be written by Axl or co written. Kind of like Better (Axl and Fink) or If The World (Axl and Pittman). I guess DJ maybe just supplied music and Axl if he digs them would do his thing with the lyrics. I don't want any "So Fine" nonsense on any future GNR album.

Eh I think Ill cut DJ some slack due to how fucking fantastic Mi Amor and Ballad are. Goddamn I wish the next album would come out before the end of the world.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 08:16:29 PM »

With the pocket of Ashba/Stinson/Rose/Fortus ya can bet your ass we'll be hearing a great fucking album!

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012, 09:43:38 PM »

Curious how this works for Axl. If Axl has certain songs he wants to be on the next album but then DJ wrote other songs, would Axl feel pressured to include some tracks DJ worked on as to not offend him or some shit? Also, whatever happened to collaborations? I think all future tracks would be written by Axl or co written. Kind of like Better (Axl and Fink) or If The World (Axl and Pittman). I guess DJ maybe just supplied music and Axl if he digs them would do his thing with the lyrics. I don't want any "So Fine" nonsense on any future GNR album.

I've been wondering the same.  If Axl already has a finished album that may just require some "sprucing up", where does this leave all these songs DJ's written?

I wonder if we'll get the rest of the CD Era tracks before the "DJ album" just to tide the fans over while they're working on that...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2012, 11:57:29 PM »

I don't think you can call it the DJ album.  If you'll recall DJ said Axl has stuff he has showed DJ.  We may have a writing duo but we are also load with other composers in camp.  We may still have some who are not stage performers.  We could have any combination/number of people working with each other on different songs.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
spgunner
Headliner

We begin by coveting what we see every day-Lecter

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2012, 06:23:48 AM »

Although I'm excited to hear this amazing band in the studio I hope we can see some new tracks with Bucket/Robin/Paul at the future too.

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30
fTw777
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2012, 06:25:36 AM »

If Axl likes this material and decides to do anything with any of it I trust his judgement plus I doubt it'll be a case of everybody playing to the letter exactly what DJ has written. I'd guess it'll be more like taking some of his ideas as a starting point and then building on them.
GunnerRose
Headliner

You can make my money Tonight!

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2012, 06:26:20 AM »

Lets just hope "the muse" stays with Axl....
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2012, 07:23:44 AM »

Although I'm excited to hear this amazing band in the studio I hope we can see some new tracks with Bucket/Robin/Paul at the future too.

I want to here these also, but I'm getting the feeling we never will-he mentioned these in the chat 3 years ago.

libertad
new gnr fan
Headliner

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2012, 09:10:33 AM »

DJ wrote 12 songs for the new album, i don't think that Bucket and Robin are played any guitar parts in it.
And this is just DJ, maybe Dizzy, Tommy, Richard and the other guys wrote/co-wrote songs too.

枪和玫瑰 中國民主
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2012, 09:20:35 AM »

Here's more of what he says about the new music in this interview:

DJ ASHBA Says He Has Written 12 Songs For Next GUNS N' ROSES Album - Jan. 12, 2012

Mama's Fallen Angels recently conducted an interview with GUNS N' ROSES/SIXX: A.M. guitarist DJ Ashba. You can now listen to the chat in the YouTube clip below.

When asked how soon fans can expect to hear a new GUNS N' ROSES album, Ashba replied, "I can't give anybody a definite date, because I'm not gonna give anybody false hope. But what I can say is [making a new album] absolutely is our main priority. And I cannot wait to get [working on it]. I mean, Axl [Rose, GN'R lead singer] has tons and tons of stuff recorded as it is. I mean, he sits there in his hotel room and he'll play me hours of stuff. And I've written over ten songs ? I think 12 songs now ? for him that he really likes. And I think now that we're off tour, we're gonna kind of start talking about, 'Hey, let's start piecing together what we feel would be the next best GUNS N' ROSES record.' It's absolutely everybody's goal to get out an album within a reasonable amount of time. That is everybody's focus."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=168183

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2012, 11:22:40 AM »

Considering Bumble is a writer, I can't help but wonder how much stuff he's come up with over the last few years as well

There must be a full album's worth of material & ideas from the Chinese recordings too

Fingers crossed they spend as much time in the studio as they just did touring
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2012, 11:40:41 AM »

Awesome!!! i will try not to get too exited just yet. Personally i think they should release the remainder of the Chinese sessions and then a brand new album and not mix the 2 together
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2012, 11:54:32 AM »

As much as I'd love to have a new Guns album, especially this current line-up of Guns, I'm not gonna get excited about this.
If it happens, it happens.

Alright, fine, I'm already a little excited about the prospect of this happening. But let me tell you why!

This Guns line-up is incredible. They captivated me for 3 hours live, even with songs I didn't care for or didn't know. These guys could possibly be the single most talented group of rock musicians on the planet, all led by my personal favorite front man of all time. I'd love to hear what these guys come up with in the studio.

But I'm not gonna get all worked up over it.

Well, maybe a little ...

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: