Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 15, 2024, 05:06:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228182 Posts in 43264 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2012 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 61 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2012 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion  (Read 196051 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #640 on: July 23, 2012, 10:28:26 PM »

The guy who briefly wore 21 after Paul was LaTroy Hawkins.

I'd be pissed at that too if I was Yankee fan. Wink

Haha yeah, i did feel a little bad for the guy. He didn't realize why people were being so mean to him in spring training.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #641 on: July 23, 2012, 10:49:05 PM »

Good job Seattle fans, you gave Ichiro the ovation he deserved during his first time in the outfield and at bat.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #642 on: July 24, 2012, 12:00:56 AM »

Good job Seattle fans, you gave Ichiro the ovation he deserved during his first time in the outfield and at bat.

With a couple of bows from Ichiro, a cool moment.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #643 on: July 24, 2012, 06:25:23 AM »

Ichiro is now a Yankee, didn't see that one coming.

DJ Mitchell and Danny Farqhar headed to the M's, no clue about those 2.

Tim, pilf - what's the scoop on those guys?

Mitchell's got a nice sinker but doesn't project to anything more than a decent back end of the rotation guy (if that).  Kid has something like a 5 ERA in AAA right now.  Not great.

Farqhar is....well...a body.  Yanks claimed him off the trash heap from Toronto a couple months ago.

Yanks also get cash from the M's.

You'd think Ichiro is basically a rental (he's a FA at the end of the season)..but even given that the Yanks didn't give up anything, really, for him.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #644 on: July 24, 2012, 08:47:37 AM »

BUT, I loved Paul on Seinfeld.  Fantastic job there! 

That was classic, Danny Tartabull's wasn't bad either.

Williams, Jeter and Showalter made cameos as well I believe.

I loved the baseball segments on that show.  Nothing beats the cotton uniforms.  And Roger McDowell spitting on Newman and Kramer was nice as well. 

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #645 on: July 24, 2012, 10:57:05 AM »

I loved the baseball segments on that show.  Nothing beats the cotton uniforms.  And Roger McDowell spitting on Newman and Kramer was nice as well.

Pretty sure it was Keith Hernandez who not only did the spitting but ended up dating Elaine Wink

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #646 on: July 24, 2012, 02:15:51 PM »

Pretty sure it was Keith Hernandez who not only did the spitting but ended up dating Elaine Wink

They thought it was Hernandez ('nice game pretty boy!') but it was then proven, with the help of Jerry's magic loogie theory, to be none other than McDowell.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #647 on: July 24, 2012, 02:56:28 PM »

With a couple of bows from Ichiro, a cool moment.

Yeah it was.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #648 on: July 24, 2012, 06:42:46 PM »

They thought it was Hernandez ('nice game pretty boy!') but it was then proven, with the help of Jerry's magic loogie theory, to be none other than McDowell.

Yep, it was McDowell.

"Back, and to the left.  Back.  And to the left."

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #649 on: July 25, 2012, 07:50:55 AM »

A-rod out 6 to 8 weeks with a broken hand.  Doesn't LOOK like it will need surgery (we'll know for sure in the next couple of days when he gets back to NYC and is examined by Yankees docs).

I blame the M's coaching staff.  Once Hernandez took that comebacker off the sternum.....he REALLY had issues with command.  He ended up hitting three Yanks batters (including the pitch to A-rod), and almost decapitated Ibanez at one point. They really should have pulled King Felix after he got pegged.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #650 on: July 25, 2012, 02:29:37 PM »

A-rod out 6 to 8 weeks with a broken hand.  Doesn't LOOK like it will need surgery (we'll know for sure in the next couple of days when he gets back to NYC and is examined by Yankees docs).

I blame the M's coaching staff.  Once Hernandez took that comebacker off the sternum.....he REALLY had issues with command.  He ended up hitting three Yanks batters (including the pitch to A-rod), and almost decapitated Ibanez at one point. They really should have pulled King Felix after he got pegged.

I thought the lefty reliever they put in after Felix was the guy who dusted Ibanez's crops?

Then again, I could be wrong - it was late and I was fading...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #651 on: July 25, 2012, 03:19:02 PM »

Falcon is correct on that it was the guy who relieved Felix that nearly removed Ibanez's head. They took out Felix after he broke A-Rod's hand. I wonder if we'll see retaliation today.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #652 on: July 25, 2012, 03:39:07 PM »

Falcon is correct on that it was the guy who relieved Felix that nearly removed Ibanez's head. They took out Felix after he broke A-Rod's hand. I wonder if we'll see retaliation I've always today.

According to the NY Daily News' Yankee beat writer Feinsand (paraphrasing) :

"Not a single person in the Yankee clubhouse thought Felix hit anyone intentionally"

Which really doesn't mean a thing really, as TLR used to say (and I agree wholeheartedly)

"If you're gonna go in you better know where it's going, and if you go up and in and miss and someone get's hurt, well..."

Perfect example from last year, the Brewers were throwing Pujols high and tight 2 days in a row and ended up getting him on the hands.  Next time Ryan Braun came up (with the go ahead runs on mind you) Jason Motte went in and missed the first pitch then drilled him the second pitch. 

All hell broke loose but the message was sent, know where it's going if you're going inside.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #653 on: July 25, 2012, 03:58:41 PM »

I agree it wasn't intentional. You could just tell by Felix's body language, but since A-Rod got seriously injured you never know.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #654 on: July 25, 2012, 04:08:47 PM »

I agree it wasn't intentional. You could just tell by Felix's body language, but since A-Rod got seriously injured you never know.

Drill someone in the butt in the first inning or 2, send a message.

The game has a way of policing itself, always has - always will.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #655 on: July 25, 2012, 05:06:40 PM »

No retaliation so far. I missed an inning though. So maybe i missed it.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #656 on: July 25, 2012, 05:26:45 PM »

Nope, nothing.

It may not happen today if at all for that matter although I think a plunk is warranted here.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #657 on: July 25, 2012, 06:29:22 PM »

Nope, nothing.

It may not happen today if at all for that matter although I think a plunk is warranted here.

Yeah, they were just talking about it that it might happen when they are in new york.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #658 on: July 25, 2012, 06:36:01 PM »

It appears the yankees aren't gonna do anything drastic to replace A-Rod. They are gonna let Chavez and Nyx handle the position until he is ready to return. I'm comfortable with that. Chavez is a serviceable replacement.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #659 on: July 25, 2012, 06:47:15 PM »

It appears the yankees aren't gonna do anything drastic to replace A-Rod. They are gonna let Chavez and Nyx handle the position until he is ready to return. I'm comfortable with that. Chavez is a serviceable replacement.

Smart move, sometimes less is more.

The Yanks are gonna be fine either way, I think they'll win the divsion by 10 with or without ARod.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 61 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: