Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2024, 05:19:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228454 Posts in 43273 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2012 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 61 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2012 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion  (Read 204130 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #460 on: June 19, 2012, 04:53:37 PM »

Speaking of Dickey, on Sunday night on national tv we get to see Dickey vs. Sabathia. That should be a great game.

Agree.

Looks like I was wrong about the Yanks pitcher hitting a homer...but I'll take the 10 straight wins as solace.

Definitely can't complain about that and being the best team in the AL and second in MLB right now. When Pettitte returned everything changed. I don't know what he said or showed Hughes and Nova but whatever it did it turned them and our season around.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #461 on: June 19, 2012, 11:22:51 PM »

Holy hell, the Mets (Santana) threw another shutout tonight.

Not sure if those guys have enough for the long haul but damn, good pitching can mask alot of youth and inexperience.

Very impressive.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #462 on: June 20, 2012, 10:55:04 AM »

Holy hell, the Mets (Santana) threw another shutout tonight.

Not sure if those guys have enough for the long haul but damn, good pitching can mask alot of youth and inexperience.

Very impressive.

Dickey is certainly not going to keep throwing shutouts to September 30th, but he'll without a doubt be good for no more than a 3.00 ERA from here on out.  I had no idea what to expect out of Santana going into the season and I still don't at this point.  I'm hoping the team will be somewhat in the mix to at least late August, early September so that the young guys pick up some experience playing in more meaningful, high pressure games. 

As for this weekend's series against the Yankees, the Mets are on the verge of another sweep of one of their division rivals, so throw them a friggin bone!   At least one game this time.   
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #463 on: June 20, 2012, 02:12:00 PM »

Definitely can't complain about that and being the best team in the AL and second in MLB right now. When Pettitte returned everything changed. I don't know what he said or showed Hughes and Nova but whatever it did it turned them and our season around.

He might need to have another talk with Hughes.  He's DREADFUL, today.

Yanks are getting spanked.  Oh, how quickly the worm turns!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #464 on: June 20, 2012, 03:21:00 PM »

That sucks but you can't expect everyone to be good every start. Once in awhile a pitcher is just not gonna have it. Hopefully that was the case today.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #465 on: June 20, 2012, 06:12:10 PM »

That sucks but you can't expect everyone to be good every start. Once in awhile a pitcher is just not gonna have it. Hopefully that was the case today.

Outside looking in, I like Hughes and think he's going to have alot more ups than downs as he matures.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #466 on: June 20, 2012, 06:28:32 PM »

Outside looking in, I like Hughes and think he's going to have alot more ups than downs as he matures.

Agreed, i'm just chalking today up to an off day. It happens to even the best pitchers. You aren't gonna have your best stuff every time out. Plus, you gotta remember he's still just 25 years old. He still has a lot to learn and Pettitte's influences is clearly helping.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #467 on: June 21, 2012, 09:58:44 AM »

What always strikes me about Hughes is that he's such a big guy, but his arms seem disproportionately short for his body.  Not sure if that has had anything to do with his lack of consistency or injury history, but intuitively it would seem to be a factor because the prototype pitchers tend to be long-arm guys.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #468 on: June 21, 2012, 04:59:56 PM »

Has anyone else been catching the Mike Trout show late night from the west coast?

The kid is something, I've been watching alot of Angel games this year with AP interest of course and Trout is must see TV.

Give him a look if ya haven't already.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #469 on: June 21, 2012, 06:19:48 PM »

Has anyone else been catching the Mike Trout show late night from the west coast?

The kid is something, I've been watching alot of Angel games this year with AP interest of course and Trout is must see TV.

Give him a look if ya haven't already.

I saw him when the Angels played the yankees. Kid has a good bat and is insane in the outfield defensively. I saw him take away several sure hits. That whole outfield for them is damn good, tons of speed.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #470 on: June 21, 2012, 06:38:04 PM »

I haven't seen much of Trout, but I have him on one of my fantasy teams and he rips it up with regularity.  From all accounts he is a star in the making that should be around for a long time.  He and Bryce Harper, among others.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #471 on: June 21, 2012, 08:00:55 PM »

Trout has definitely injected some serious life into the Halo's since be recalled, Albert getting comfy in new surroundings hasn't hurt the cause either.

The Angels are playing well, really well - young improving talent and experienced stars stepping up.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #472 on: June 21, 2012, 08:46:24 PM »

The way they started i thought the Rangers might be able to runaway and hide from them but they've come back and are right in the race. The Rangers have been really struggling except for recently beating up on the crappy NL West teams.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #473 on: June 22, 2012, 01:15:57 AM »

Trout has definitely injected some serious life into the Halo's since be recalled, Albert getting comfy in new surroundings hasn't hurt the cause either.

The Angels are playing well, really well - young improving talent and experienced stars stepping up.
Frieri has also help solidify the bullpen, which was a mess before he was acquired.  He's been lights out for them.  Their starting pitching was way too good for them not to contend.  Their offense isn't great, but they have enough weapons there to score some runs.  I still think the Rangers are the best team in the AL, though it's not looking like it's the landslide like I thought it would be.  Right now, the Rangers, Angels, and Yankees are atop the AL.  Then there are a whole mess of average teams that will be fighting it out for the other wild card.  I still think the Tigers will eventually take over the Central.  If I had to guess right now, I'd say Tampa has the best shot at that final wild card slot.  Lots can happen before October though.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 01:17:53 AM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #474 on: June 22, 2012, 04:16:44 PM »

LOL Frankie Francisco with an ERA north of 5 calling the Yankees chicken. That'll really scare them. Hey moron try pitching well and shutting up. Also, it seems that loud mouth moron Schilling is broke. Lost his shirt in a video game company lol.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #475 on: June 22, 2012, 06:53:36 PM »

Darryl Kile died 10 years ago today, I remember like it was yesterday.

MLB Net just ran a snippet of a documentary on DK's death that will air July 12 with perspective from all that were there.

Maybe Joe Girardi's finest moment on a baseball field - pure class.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 07:05:24 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #476 on: June 22, 2012, 08:03:45 PM »

Hard to believe its been so long.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #477 on: June 22, 2012, 09:38:34 PM »

Crazy huh?

One of the worst times in Cards history, Jack Buck and DK pass the same week.

Can't imagine being Joe Buck, eulogized his Dad on a Friday and loses a close friend on Saturday and has to announce it to a national audience live on Fox.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #478 on: June 22, 2012, 09:44:44 PM »

Crazy huh?

One of the worst times in Cards history, Jack Buck and DK pass the same week.

Can't imagine being Joe Buck, eulogized his Dad on a Friday and loses a close friend on Saturday and has to announce it to a national audience live on Fox.

Can't even imagine how hard that was for him.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #479 on: June 22, 2012, 09:55:12 PM »

A movie about the life of Josh Hamilton has been scripted. Give me a fucking break.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 61 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: