Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 07:04:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2012 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 61 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2012 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion  (Read 193468 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #300 on: April 25, 2012, 03:09:52 PM »

I know you were weary of the Pineda deal from the start.  Kind of looked too good to be true.  So far it's trending in that direction.  At least Montero isn't tearing it up in Seattle.

It seemed too good to be true...and I REALLY liked Montero.

I'm betting it's a shoulder capsule tear.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #301 on: April 25, 2012, 04:54:51 PM »

Close.
Torn labrum...likely out for the year.
Chance he's NEVER the guy he was.

Labrum tears suck.  At least it is not a SLAP...seems to be confined to anterior.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 05:10:59 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #302 on: April 25, 2012, 05:34:16 PM »

The Pineda thing sucks, kid had electric stuff.

Let's hope he recovers fully.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #303 on: April 25, 2012, 08:56:40 PM »

Awful news about Pinaeda, best case scenario he's back for next May. Hopefully he can recover fully and have a very good career still.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #304 on: April 26, 2012, 09:54:28 AM »

When pitchers are out for a year or two because of elbow/shoulder problems, does that time 'count' in terms of the years the pitcher is under the team's control before they're eligible for free agency?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #305 on: April 26, 2012, 01:33:48 PM »

When pitchers are out for a year or two because of elbow/shoulder problems, does that time 'count' in terms of the years the pitcher is under the team's control before they're eligible for free agency?

Yup, as long as they're on a major league roster when it happens.  The team is still paying them a salary, too.

The one thing it WILL effect is the amount of money they get when they're arbitration eligible...for obvious reasons.

Just as an update:  It sounds like there is NO rotator cuff involvement...which is a positive sign.  Yanks are thinking they'll get him back next May, if everything goes well, and he could see a major league mound (again, assuming everything goes well) before next years AS break.

Oh, and Phil Hughes sucks.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #306 on: April 26, 2012, 04:22:26 PM »

Yup, as long as they're on a major league roster when it happens.  The team is still paying them a salary, too.

The one thing it WILL effect is the amount of money they get when they're arbitration eligible...for obvious reasons.

Just as an update:  It sounds like there is NO rotator cuff involvement...which is a positive sign.  Yanks are thinking they'll get him back next May, if everything goes well, and he could see a major league mound (again, assuming everything goes well) before next years AS break.

Oh, and Phil Hughes sucks.

That's positive news for sure.

Yeah, he's not off to a good start at all. I was hopeful after the good spring that he had.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #307 on: May 01, 2012, 07:34:24 PM »

The Cards didn't waste any time with this, an obvious no brainer:

The Cardinals tonight will announce their intention to honor the future Hall of Fame manager by retiring his No. 10 prior to a May 11

Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/cardinal-beat/cardinals-to-retire-tony-la-russa-s-no/article_2bfed444-93e1-11e1-be08-0019bb30f31a.html#ixzz1tfEG8qE0

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #308 on: May 01, 2012, 09:58:02 PM »

Good for them. Well deserved and not something you should wait long to do. I wish the Yankees would do the same for Torre already. Is there any doubt what he did with the yankees won't get him in the hall? Hell no!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #309 on: May 01, 2012, 11:01:29 PM »

Good for them. Well deserved and not something you should wait long to do. I wish the Yankees would do the same for Torre already. Is there any doubt what he did with the yankees won't get him in the hall? Hell no!

The sooner the better for Torre for sure.

Has the tension with Joe and the organization eased enough to get it done anytime soon?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #310 on: May 02, 2012, 12:27:16 AM »

The sooner the better for Torre for sure.

Has the tension with Joe and the organization eased enough to get it done anytime soon?

Absolutely

Yes, after George passed when Torre was invited for the unveiling of of the monument Torre and Cashman got to talk and clear the air. Both have said the fences have been mended. Hopefully they don't put it off much longer. Nobody should ever wear Torre's number again.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #311 on: May 02, 2012, 10:13:09 AM »

...and Phil Hughes still sucks.

Together again,
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #312 on: May 02, 2012, 02:01:46 PM »

.....and Andy Pettitte just "misremembered" under oath.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7881353/andy-pettitte-says-misunderstood-roger-clemens-hgh-talk

Any thoughts guys?

« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 02:06:41 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #313 on: May 02, 2012, 04:12:52 PM »

He wasn't that bad last night. He got into the 6th only giving up 3 runs on two bad pitches. You can't blame him for Nunez being a moron in left after Hughes was gone from the game. I don't understand why the yankees keep Nunez around. He's a liability no matter where he plays in the field. Everytime i see him in the lineup to give someone a day off i wanna jump off a cliff cause i know he's gonna make at least one costly error.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 07:04:00 PM by Timothy25 » Logged
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #314 on: May 02, 2012, 04:17:14 PM »

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7881353/andy-pettitte-says-misunderstood-roger-clemens-hgh-talk

Any thoughts guys?

Doesn't really matter, in the end we all know Clemens is lying and used. Who really cares if he's convicted of lying about it. He likely won't see any jail time if convicted.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #315 on: May 02, 2012, 04:34:39 PM »

Any thoughts guys?

Doesn't really matter, in the end we all know Clemens is lying and used. Who really cares if he's convicted of lying about it. He likely won't see any jail time if convicted.

Anything less than a conviction seems goofy at this point, this feels alot like the Braun fiasco with MLB only on a federal level.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #316 on: May 02, 2012, 06:09:22 PM »

...and yes..from an outsiders point of view..Phil Hughes still sucks.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #317 on: May 02, 2012, 07:02:24 PM »

Any thoughts guys?

Anything less than a conviction seems goofy at this point, this feels alot like the Braun fiasco with MLB only on a federal level.

It does, but nothing is guaranteed. The jury hung in his last trial. So it wouldn't surprise me if it happens again.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #318 on: May 02, 2012, 07:06:03 PM »

On a yankee side note, If Nova gets the winning decision tonight he ties Clemens for the most consecutive winning decisions. It may not be all in a row. He's had a few no decisions in there like the last start but that is still impressive.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 07:09:15 PM by Timothy25 » Logged
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #319 on: May 02, 2012, 07:41:31 PM »

Any thoughts guys?

Andy Pentangelli?  http://deadspin.com/5907123/andy-pettitte-does-a-frankie-five-angels-at-the-roger-clemens-trial
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 61 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: