Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:30:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 500136 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2700 on: April 14, 2012, 10:25:29 PM »

Matt Sorum:

Just Hit 40K let's Rock

hihi

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #2701 on: April 14, 2012, 10:27:30 PM »

Gilby Clarke looks like Captain Jack Sparrow with that makeup.   hihi
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 10:30:33 PM by Bridge » Logged
destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #2702 on: April 14, 2012, 10:29:53 PM »

Ex-Guns N' Roses members to perform?

How exciting.

Myles Kennedy on vocals? Wow, even better than I could have imagined. What a classy move, I suppose Fergie was busy.

And their gonna call this Guns N' Roses? And I have constantly hear crap for calling what I've seen in concert 16 times Guns N' Roses??

What's going on with the current lineup of GN'R is closer to the original attitude of Guns N' Roses than most of the old members have been for over 15 years... we watched them lose it on MTV with Slash jamming with Blackstreet and anyone who wanted to do a GNR cover. We watched Steven Adler piss on it every chance he's gotten. We've watched these same people you are pouring adoration on TRY TO TEAR AXL DOWN TIME AND TIME AGAIN. So forgive some of us if we aren't partying tonight.

They haven't fought for the legacy, they haven't fought to keep it alive, all they've done is bitched and sued there way into the publics eye every chance they've gotten.

So forgive me, if tonight I'm not too nostalgic. If I can't understand what everyone is celebrating. I already knew the old lineup was good. Apparently some of you needed the same award they gave Donovan (Mellow Yellow!) to celebrate it.

Tonight is blasphemy.

- destry

p.s. i don't speak for jarmo, or for any of the other mods, or for anyone else. just me.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 10:31:51 PM by destry rides again » Logged

04/16/93 11/27/02 12/05/02 12/06/02x 05/12/06 05/15/06 05/17/06 11/05/06 11/10/06 11/13/06 02/11/10 11/17/11 11/19/11 11/20/11 11/26/11 02/10/12 02/12/12 2/15/12 2/24/12 2/27/12 6/5/13 6/6/13
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2703 on: April 14, 2012, 10:34:00 PM »

Any confirmation on whether Myles is there?

Nothing other than from Eddie Trunk...I think.  Not in the photos and he hasn't tweeted for days. Cheesy

overmatik
« Reply #2704 on: April 14, 2012, 10:34:49 PM »

Those people are being inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame and there is nothing anyone can do about that. Sorry... beer

About Myles, I hope he is not there and that Duff gets to sing two songs: It's So Easy and Dust N Bones!  beer
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 10:36:26 PM by overmatik » Logged
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #2705 on: April 14, 2012, 10:37:46 PM »

Duff gets to sing two songs: It's So Easy and Dust N Bones!  beer

Realistically, that wouldn't be a bad idea -- perform songs that didn't feature Axl on vocals.
destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #2706 on: April 14, 2012, 10:39:20 PM »

Those people are being inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame and there is nothing anyone can do about that. Sorry... beer

About Myles, I hope he is not there and that Duff gets to sing two songs: It's So Easy and Dust N Bones!  beer

It's cool how since Izzy didn't show up, Gilby is there to "replace" him. That's "fine" I suppose, wouldn't want to throw that "replacement" label out there. Haven't heard that term a million times in the last ten years or anything.

I would be entirely less offended if the band performed and did not have an outside singer. I could not complain about hearing Duff sing Dust N' Bones even though it's an Izzy sung song. "So Fine" would be more appropriate.

04/16/93 11/27/02 12/05/02 12/06/02x 05/12/06 05/15/06 05/17/06 11/05/06 11/10/06 11/13/06 02/11/10 11/17/11 11/19/11 11/20/11 11/26/11 02/10/12 02/12/12 2/15/12 2/24/12 2/27/12 6/5/13 6/6/13
jak0lantern01
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2707 on: April 14, 2012, 10:39:47 PM »

Any confirmation on whether Myles is there?

Nothing other than from Eddie Trunk...I think.  Not in the photos and he hasn't tweeted for days. Cheesy

You know, if it weren't for 'certain' ex-members, there would be no Appetite for Destruction, no Guns n' Roses, and no W. Axl Rose. Sick of everyone's bitching and trying to rewrite history. DJ Ashbah didn't write Welcome to the Jungle. I don't have any beef with the current lineup, they sound good. But let's try and have a common sense understanding of what's being honored tonight. Only one person is suffering from an obvious case of sour grapes, aside from Jarmo. PLEASE!
overmatik
« Reply #2708 on: April 14, 2012, 10:40:18 PM »

How exciting.

Myles Kennedy on vocals? Wow, even better than I could have imagined. What a classy move, I suppose Fergie was busy.

And their gonna call this Guns N' Roses? And I have constantly hear crap for calling what I've seen in concert 16 times Guns N' Roses??

What's going on with the current lineup of GN'R is closer to the original attitude of Guns N' Roses than most of the old members have been for over 15 years... we watched them lose it on MTV with Slash jamming with Blackstreet and anyone who wanted to do a GNR cover. We watched Steven Adler piss on it every chance he's gotten. We've watched these same people you are pouring adoration on TRY TO TEAR AXL DOWN TIME AND TIME AGAIN. So forgive some of us if we aren't partying tonight.

They haven't fought for the legacy, they haven't fought to keep it alive, all they've done is bitched and sued there way into the publics eye every chance they've gotten.

So forgive me, if tonight I'm not too nostalgic. If I can't understand what everyone is celebrating. I already knew the old lineup was good. Apparently some of you needed the same award they gave Donovan (Mellow Yellow!) to celebrate it.

Tonight is blasphemy.

- destry

p.s. i don't speak for jarmo, or for any of the other mods, or for anyone else. just me.

Why is it O.K to insult former members on this message board? I am sure that me saying that Rock In Rio last year was blasphemy would get me banned, right? peace
jak0lantern01
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2709 on: April 14, 2012, 10:41:43 PM »

Agreed
destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #2710 on: April 14, 2012, 10:42:43 PM »

How exciting.

Tonight is blasphemy.

- destry

Why is it O.K to insult former members on this message board? I am sure that me saying that Rock In Rio last year was blasphemy would get me banned, right? peace

I'm not insulting them, they do it to themselves.

I'm also just stating facts.

They have bitched and sued there way into the publics eye.

They have torn down Axl time and time again.

The Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame is a subjective award that does include the likes of Donovan who wrote the song "Mellow Yellow"

These are all facts.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2711 on: April 14, 2012, 10:44:02 PM »

it is one thing to like and support the old members and buy their new music, but to have a signature like yours and be posting here makes no fucking sense.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2712 on: April 14, 2012, 10:44:24 PM »

Realistically, that wouldn't be a bad idea -- perform songs that didn't feature Axl on vocals.

That might be what they're doing...there have been no sightings of Myles that I've seen.

overmatik
« Reply #2713 on: April 14, 2012, 10:45:11 PM »

It's cool how since Izzy didn't show up, Gilby is there to "replace" him. That's "fine" I suppose, wouldn't want to throw that "replacement" label out there. Haven't heard that term a million times in the last ten years or anything.

I would be entirely less offended if the band performed and did not have an outside singer. I could not complain about hearing Duff sing Dust N' Bones even though it's an Izzy sung song. "So Fine" would be more appropriate.

I'm with you on that. But the problem is, can they play GNR songs with just one guitarist? The current line-up has 3 guitar players, right? So if anyone must fill in for Izzy, why not someone who has already done that in the past?  smoking
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #2714 on: April 14, 2012, 10:45:40 PM »

How exciting.

Tonight is blasphemy.

- destry

They're not hurting anyone by playing, Axl doesn't want to be there, but they do.
Give them their night as they probably all miss the GNR days and it's no harm for them to get up and play a song in memory of a life they once lived.
I'm sure Axl would agree, he has his own band and he's happy with that, those guys worked hard to make Guns as big as they are today and who the fuck are you to deny them their night?
We all love GNR in their current form and we love what Axl is doing now but these guys have every right to be up there
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #2715 on: April 14, 2012, 10:46:13 PM »

Broski
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #2716 on: April 14, 2012, 10:46:57 PM »

I'm not insulting them, they do it to themselves.

Like hell you're not.

[They have bitched and sued there way into the publics eye.

They have torn down Axl time and time again.

The Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame is a subjective award that does include the likes of Donovan who wrote the song "Mellow Yellow"

These are all facts.

Those are all OPINIONS, and only a pompous asshole uses the word "facts" when stating his opinions.

And my response to your OPINIONS is blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.  If you want to disregard the ceremony, then disregard it.  Go sit on your fucking commode and take a crap.
destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #2717 on: April 14, 2012, 10:47:58 PM »

How exciting.

Tonight is blasphemy.

- destry

They're not hurting anyone by playing, Axl doesn't want to be there, but they do.
Give them their night as they probably all miss the GNR days and it's no harm for them to get up and play a song in memory of a life they once lived.
I'm sure Axl would agree, he has his own band and he's happy with that, those guys worked hard to make Guns as big as they are today and who the fuck are you to deny them their night?
We all love GNR in their current form and we love what Axl is doing now but these guys have every right to be up there

I suppose looking at it in that fashion, an argument could be made for just letting things be.

Apparently, Steven didn't agree with you though... he had to say this after he first called the current lineup "hacks" and was asked to clarify...

?I apologized to them. I said the wrong word. I meant to say ?scabs.? But, you see, ?scabs? are something that . . . Big factories, when the main workers would go on strike, the factory would get people off the street and they would call them scabs. I wouldn?t say they can?t play. I would just say more the main people are on strike, (and) this is what Axl?s [Rose, lead vocals] got going. Of course they?re great players, or they wouldn?t be playing with Axl.?

I guess Steven is just having his night, and being a grown up about it.

overmatik
« Reply #2718 on: April 14, 2012, 10:48:09 PM »

it is one thing to like and support the old members and buy their new music, but to have a signature like yours and be posting here makes no fucking sense.

But I never post on the GNR section, I am only doing that today because of the ceremony. I promise you that after today I will get back to the VR and Ex-Gunners section where I've been for the last four years!  hihi Actually, I don't know why Jarmo hasn't moved this thread there yet.
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #2719 on: April 14, 2012, 10:50:21 PM »

Broski
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: