Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:16:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 496732 times)
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #2480 on: April 14, 2012, 09:15:12 AM »

Can somebody please explain me one thing......Why let Myles (who has nothing to do with GNR whatsoever) hack GNR songs when REAL Guns N' Roses were not even invited to perform? Is it me or is this just fucked in everyway you think about it?

Axl declined the induction and will not appear. The members of the "classic" band that are attending have decided to move forward without him. They will be performing as individuals not GNR. They have asked Myles to sing end of story. You should be happy you never wanted Axl to go in the first place. But surely you must have realized that the remaining "classic" band members would still attend and perform. Since none of them are especially good singers they would naturally need a singer to do the honors.

They would have the greatest singer in the world if they invited GUNS N ROSES to perfom GUNS N ROSES songs.

They did and the greatest singer in the world declined to attend.
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #2481 on: April 14, 2012, 09:18:52 AM »

Can somebody please explain me one thing......Why let Myles (who has nothing to do with GNR whatsoever) hack GNR songs when REAL Guns N' Roses were not even invited to perform? Is it me or is this just fucked in everyway you think about it?

Axl declined the induction and will not appear. The members of the "classic" band that are attending have decided to move forward without him. They will be performing as individuals not GNR. They have asked Myles to sing end of story. You should be happy you never wanted Axl to go in the first place. But surely you must have realized that the remaining "classic" band members would still attend and perform. Since none of them are especially good singers they would naturally need a singer to do the honors.

They would have the greatest singer in the world if they invited GUNS N ROSES to perfom GUNS N ROSES songs.

No, they invited ex-members

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
wadey
Legend

« Reply #2482 on: April 14, 2012, 09:19:07 AM »

They never invited guns n roses and thats where the Fuck up started

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2483 on: April 14, 2012, 09:22:42 AM »

Axl wasn't invited...well hell dude posted a letter about not coming for nothing then.

CD will be out when it's out. ....
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #2484 on: April 14, 2012, 09:47:34 AM »

Axl wasn't invited...well hell dude posted a letter about not coming for nothing then.

Ax'l was invited, the rest of Guns N' Roses was not. Only former members of the band besides Axl. Got it?

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #2485 on: April 14, 2012, 09:59:19 AM »

no, Dizzy was invited aswell.

Re-Union time, baby!!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2486 on: April 14, 2012, 10:26:08 AM »

It seems like a lot of you think that Axl is the only one who should be allowed to say "fuck you" and do what he wants.  If the rolls were reversed and Slash was the one who wasn't going to show up and Axl had Dj step in at the last minute you would all applaud at how "rock n roll" that is.  This is clearly the old lineup not letting Axl control what they do that night, they showed up to play and thats what they are going to do.  The fact that they flew Gilby in to play despite the Hall snubbing him is pretty cool too.  That said I would much rather see the old band jam with Green Day than Myles Kennedy.  They could do some old punk covers with Billie Joe and Duff on vocals, it would awesome.  Miles doing GNR is about exciting as watching paint dry.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 10:31:34 AM by Bodhi » Logged
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #2487 on: April 14, 2012, 10:33:38 AM »

It seems like a lot of you think that Axl is the only one who should be allowed to say "fuck you" and do what he wants.  If the rolls were reversed and Slash was the one who wasn't going to show up and Axl had Dj step in at the last minute you would all applaud at how "rock n roll" that is.

have to disagree. myles kennedy  has nothing to do with gn?r. dj has a lot.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #2488 on: April 14, 2012, 10:34:28 AM »

It seems like a lot of you think that Axl is the only one who should be allowed to say "fuck you" and do what he wants.  If the rolls were reversed and Slash was the one who wasn't going to show up and Axl had Dj step in at the last minute you would all applaud at how "rock n roll" that is.  This is clearly the old lineup not letting Axl control what they do that night, they showed up to play and thats what they are going to do.  The fact that they flew Gilby in to play despite the Hall snubbing him is pretty cool too.  That said I would much rather see the old band jam with Green Day than Myles Kennedy.  They could do some old punk covers with Billie Joe and Duff on vocals, it would awesome.  Miles doing GNR is about exciting as watching paint dry.

I would have no problem with the guys playing with Green Day. It's them with Myles I have a problem with. So if you going to have Gilby, Myles etc...why not invite the REAL Guns N' Roses?

It seems like a lot of you think that Axl is the only one who should be allowed to say "fuck you" and do what he wants.  If the rolls were reversed and Slash was the one who wasn't going to show up and Axl had Dj step in at the last minute you would all applaud at how "rock n roll" that is.

have to disagree. myles kennedy  has nothing to do with gn´r. dj has a lot.

Yeah Brodhi was off here

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #2489 on: April 14, 2012, 10:36:16 AM »

I would have no problem with the guys playing with Green Day. It's them with Myles I have a problem with. So if you going to have Gilby, Myles etc...why not invite the REAL Guns N' Roses?
[/quote]

agree. at first i thought that EVERYONE is invited from ole to dj

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #2490 on: April 14, 2012, 10:42:57 AM »

Lisa Reed:
''Just an FYI for those supporting the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and dissing my friend for his honest and forthright decision. This establishment wanted to charge Dizzy $3000 per person to attend his induction to their little museum. With the kids and parents and everyone close to him, this would have added up to $21000. Pretty sure he would rather spend that money on more meaningful things.''

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Lourenco
Rocker

lourencovc.com

« Reply #2491 on: April 14, 2012, 10:46:22 AM »

This is exactly the consequences and repercussions for Axl's decision not to attend. If he would have attended he would have controlled the cards and everyone would have done whatever he wanted. He would have sat at a table across from Slash next to Izzy and and Dizzy, had dinner, gone up to accept an award, and would not even have to perform. I am sure he could have even given Steven a stare down if he even thought about saying something about a reunion, and even if Steven did say something stupid, Axl could have immediately address it to avoid any misconceptions in the media.

Izzy confirmed that he will attend?

In fantasy land, it's easy to assume things.

He could do this, and that. Nothing bad would happen and everybody would live happily ever after.

Did you READ the letter? It mentions that it didn't feel right for him. Can you respect that?

Seems like a bunch of people with Slash avatars and usernames have problems with respecting somebody's decision because it doesn't make their dream true.

/jarmo

Amen!

Well said Jarmo. This is so fuckin' ridiculous.... Izzy wasn't attending and we all know that the writing force behind GN'R was always Axl and Izzy. When it was announced that Izzy wouldn't go there wasn't going to be any reunion (on stage receiving an award... )

I love how nobody got pissed at Izzy.... rofl oh well....

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2492 on: April 14, 2012, 10:49:33 AM »

UGH you know what I mean but ok, let me rephrase, if Axl brought Zakk Wylde in you guys would say "how rock n roll" that is. 

Im just trying to be consistent.  There are 4 dudes who are showing up tonight to receive an honor, they should be allowed to do whatever they want, just like Axl, Dizzy and Izzy are free to do other things tonight.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 10:58:49 AM by Bodhi » Logged
Sergott
Opening Act

« Reply #2493 on: April 14, 2012, 10:50:13 AM »

Myles can sing Patience alright, problem is thats the only Gnr song he does well.  I really think if they couldnt get Baz they should've got Sheryl Crowe for Sweet Child.  As for two drummers, how cool would it be to see Steven attempt Civil War, only to fail.  Then Matt comes in to save the day.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2494 on: April 14, 2012, 10:53:27 AM »

As for two drummers, how cool would it be to see Steven attempt Civil War, only to fail.  Then Matt comes in to save the day.

rofl Best post ive seen in a while
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #2495 on: April 14, 2012, 10:58:22 AM »

UGH you know what I mean but ok, let me me rephrase, if Axl brought Zakk Wylde in you guys would say "how rock n roll" that is.
well i feel that axl has more power in these things because hes still a member. And zakk dosent play in axl solo band. well... this argument is getting a little stupid.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2496 on: April 14, 2012, 11:01:37 AM »

UGH you know what I mean but ok, let me me rephrase, if Axl brought Zakk Wylde in you guys would say "how rock n roll" that is.
well i feel that axl has more power in these things because hes still a member. And zakk dosent play in axl solo band. well... this argument is getting a little stupid.

Ok but this is  what you are not understanding, tonight and only tonight, Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven, Dizzy and Matt are being honored as members of Guns N Roses.  Therefore Slash has as much pull as Axl and so on.  In the Hall of Fame there is no reality, it is like the Matrix, so normal rules dont apply tonight.  We can debate till we are blue in the face if it is right or wrong, but the Hall  makes their own rules at their event.  If you don't like them you are free to tell them to fuck off, as Axl so brilliantly did this week.

Personally I cant wait for this HOF shit to be over.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 11:07:26 AM by Bodhi » Logged
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2497 on: April 14, 2012, 11:13:05 AM »

Why is Everyone who is happy that Axl is not going getting upset or worried about what happens at the HOF now? You guys are happy with his decision and think he is doing the right thing and think the whole HOF thing is lame along with the ex members. So why are you now so critical of who will attend and sing and play GnR songs? As matter of fact you should probably not even watch the show since Axl and Izzy and the new members are not going to be there. Axl even says it I his letter it is the HOFs show not his, so they will now do and allow the other guys to do what they want. Its show biz and the show must go on even if Axl is not there.

rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #2498 on: April 14, 2012, 11:13:14 AM »

i still want to see this.

whats happening anyway? updates from who? live stream? what time?

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #2499 on: April 14, 2012, 11:16:01 AM »

as far as know the rock n roll hall of fame didnt invite myles to come but slash(or whoever) did. if someone actually invited him.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »