Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:15:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 496728 times)
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #2460 on: April 14, 2012, 07:24:21 AM »

I'm pretty excited!
It should be a good show for the old GnR fans at least, it doesn't disrespect the new band I don't think and people should just relax and enjoy the show Smiley

of course it disrespects the new band if Myles Kennedy is fucking singing!
hes in Slash's band so he's personal to slash....should got someone impartial if anyone at all
and he cant sing GnR for shit  ok

New Lineup. Better?  Roll Eyes

oooOooOOoo god forbid someone who KNOWS Slash is singing? This is absurd. Both Axl'fanboys and Slash'fanboys. Whether or not he can sing is up for debate, i can understand that. But an insult to the band? Come the fuck on. Baz has nothing to do with GN'R material either. If Axl showed up i HIGHLY doubt Myles or anyone in their right mind would have taken up the offer to play. Seeing as he won't be there, and an over-whelming majority of people want to hear the songs, it's really not that big of a deal. To be honest I'm more bummed that Gilby is playing and not Izzy. Matt/Duff/Slash you can see play GN'R any time.

It's only a cluster fuck because you have Slash fan boys who want a reunion that is never going to happen and Axl fans who think since Myles even remotely associated with Slash it's somehow "disrespectful". No one can just take the effort to say Axl doesn't want to be there and that's ok , whatever the rest of the old band decides to do doesn't really matter.

im no Axl'fanboy or Slash'fanboy - im a GnR'fanboy  ok
 yes its a hell of a Cluster Fuck from every angle but i still beleive its an insult to have Kennedy singing at the RNRHOF
If he sings GnR with Slash at gigs etc then fine i have no problem with that, but under the circumstances its rubbing salt in to say the least and the media are gonna jump on it straight away

How is it insulting? To who? Rubbing salt?

It's ex-members of Guns N' Roses playing songs with someone they feel comfortable singing their songs with. Even though it's unfathomable to some, many people enjoy hearing Myles sing Guns N' Roses, in the same way that we enjoy DJ Asbha playing Sweet Child O' Mine. It's not insulting to anyone, and if you think it is you're taking it way too seriously.

Because it gonna turn into the fucking slash show!
you just watch the fucking media have life for days and weeks after, or is it just a harmless jam session at a awards ceremony?

It's obviously not a "Slash" show. It's not even a "Guns N' Roses" show, even if Axl showed up it wouldn't be a "Guns N' Roses" show. Why are you so worried what the media is going to say about this? It does't fucking matter. Slash tours the world playing Guns N' Roses songs, him doing so tomorrow night is no different than any of those.

In saying that, I realize how lame it will be.
manicstreet
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2461 on: April 14, 2012, 07:27:39 AM »

I'm pretty excited!
It should be a good show for the old GnR fans at least, it doesn't disrespect the new band I don't think and people should just relax and enjoy the show Smiley

hes in Slash's band so he's personal to slash....should got someone impartial if anyone at all

oooOooOOoo god forbid someone who KNOWS Slash is singing? This is absurd. Both Axl'fanboys and Slash'fanboys. Whether or not he can sing is up for debate, i can understand that. But an insult to the band? Come the fuck on. Baz has nothing to do with GN'R material either. If Axl showed up i HIGHLY doubt Myles or anyone in their right mind would have taken up the offer to play. Seeing as he won't be there, and an over-whelming majority of people want to hear the songs, it's really not that big of a deal. To be honest I'm more bummed that Gilby is playing and not Izzy. Matt/Duff/Slash you can see play GN'R any time.

It's only a cluster fuck because you have Slash fan boys who want a reunion that is never going to happen and Axl fans who think since Myles even remotely associated with Slash it's somehow "disrespectful". No one can just take the effort to say Axl doesn't want to be there and that's ok , whatever the rest of the old band decides to do doesn't really matter.

yes its a hell of a Cluster Fuck from every angle but i still beleive its an insult to have Kennedy singing at the RNRHOF
If he sings GnR with Slash at gigs etc then fine i have no problem with that, but under the circumstances its rubbing salt in to say the least and the media are gonna jump on it straight away

It's ex-members of Guns N' Roses playing songs with someone they feel comfortable singing their songs with. Even though it's unfathomable to some, many people enjoy hearing Myles sing Guns N' Roses, in the same way that we enjoy DJ Asbha playing Sweet Child O' Mine. It's not insulting to anyone, and if you think it is you're taking it way too seriously.

you just watch the fucking media have life for days and weeks after, or is it just a harmless jam session at a awards ceremony?

Try to look at the positive. This should finally show everyone that slash is not in the band anymore. I am just jealous you got to see izzy's final show.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #2462 on: April 14, 2012, 07:29:44 AM »

3? days afterwards you still talk about this?  Cheesy

Keep beating that dead horse mamma but your kids have grown older..........   Roll Eyes

Long Live Ol' Ole, same ole , ole! Long Live DJ Green Lantern.  rofl

Long live Ol' Ole Beich Tongue

I really don't understand the big fuzz about if they're performing with this guy or that guy.....We all know it's not Guns n' Roses performing, so what's wrong with bringing some more people from outside? Roll Eyes

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
TokyoRose
Headliner

« Reply #2463 on: April 14, 2012, 07:31:06 AM »

I can understand this site getting angry about people disrespecting the current band, but on the same token
a lot of them disrespect the old band.   Practice what you preach.  The current line up of guns n roses is good band.
They are here because of the old band.  They play a lot of the old bands songs.  I would argue that a lot of the fans enjoy
hearing the new guys play the original guys riffs.  They do it quite well, but they did not write those songs.  The songs on CD are
good, and they are good live as well.

Axl didn't want to be at the HOF.  That is his right.  He knew there would be a backlash, and he was right.
People praised him, and some people are hating on him.  That is life people.  It's also interesting to
hear all sides.  That's why we come to forums.  To debate, and hear different view points.  

The past members that were inducted, and did try to show up are putting something together.  That is
their right as well.  They are going to be praised by some, and get flack from others.  I for one would have
liked to see only the orginal 5 on stage for a  few songs.  Show that they have all grown up, and can put things behind
them(hell even pink floyd got back together for ONE night, even though gilmour owned the name and band, and roger was just playing with them.  we all know in theory who the soul of that band was, and that was all of them together).  Clearly 2 orginal G r R members were not able, or had no desire to do put the past aside and accept this induction.  That is there choice, and says something about them as men today.  

Guns n Roses has always been a good band full of talented musicians.  Respect all forms of the band we love, even if
you prefer one over the other.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #2464 on: April 14, 2012, 07:34:40 AM »

Keep beating that dead horse mamma but your kids have grown older..........   Roll Eyes

I really don't understand the big fuzz about if they're performing with this guy or that guy.....We all know it's not Guns n' Roses performing, so what's wrong with bringing some more people from outside? Roll Eyes

You know... Some people just follow their leader without thinkin' if it's right or wrong (in their perspective). And then they realize they're going to eat their heart out  hihi
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 07:36:12 AM by ITARocker » Logged
wadey
Legend

« Reply #2465 on: April 14, 2012, 07:42:04 AM »

I'm pretty excited!

It's obviously not a "Slash" show. It's not even a "Guns N' Roses" show, even if Axl showed up it wouldn't be a "Guns N' Roses" show. Why are you so worried what the media is going to say about this? It does't fucking matter. Slash tours the world playing Guns N' Roses songs, him doing so tomorrow night is no different than any of those.

In saying that, I realize how lame it will be.

i have no problem with slash touring the world and playing some GnR at the RHOF
my point is Slash picking Kennedy (preffered vocalist of his solo tour), to replace Axl (the person hes been feuding with for the last 1000yrs..) for kennedy to stand in for Axl at a Guns N Roses award ceremony and such a high profile one such as this is nothing short of complete and utter shit stirring to say the least

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
westcoast_junkie
VIP

« Reply #2466 on: April 14, 2012, 07:45:23 AM »

You know... Some people just follow their leader without thinkin' if it's right or wrong (in their perspective). And then they realize they're going to eat their heart out  hihi

Sorry. Don't understand what you mean? Might be that I am dumb Huh

But I totally think Axl made the right decision. What I really was trying to say was; what's the fuzz with the HOF induction when no current Guns members will be there? They should be free to play with anyone they like. Guns n' Roses is performing in Europe next month ok

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #2467 on: April 14, 2012, 07:51:39 AM »

But I totally think Axl made the right decision. What I really was trying to say was; what's the fuzz with the HOF induction when no current Guns members will be there? They should be free to play with anyone they like. Guns n' Roses is performing in Europe next month ok

That's your point. But other people who apparently agree with you (and axl, of course) now they can't bear this situation, because under their skin they would have liked Axl to show up. They said people who are playing at the hof aren't gnr too, but they don't believe at their own words.
I respect your point of view because it's truly yours, but somebody else just pretend he's happy with axl's decision and then you get your "big fuzz" =)

Anyway nobody answered: is Joshua todd the guy in the back in the second picture dressing the red shirt?  confused
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 08:03:45 AM by ITARocker » Logged
westcoast_junkie
VIP

« Reply #2468 on: April 14, 2012, 08:09:10 AM »

That's your point. But other people who apparently agree with you (and axl, of course) now they can't bear this situation, because under their skin they would have liked Axl to show up. They said people who are playing at the hof aren't gnr too, but they don't believe at their own words.
I respect your point of view because it's truly yours, but somebody else just pretend he's happy with axl's decision and then you get your "big fuzz" =)

Ok. Might be you are right. I have to be so honest that I thought it might have been fun to see all the Appetite members jamming. But only if the circumstances were right. And they're not. I have that respect for Axl. When he write a letter and explain it like that I: 1) don't respect people who doesn't respect Axl's decision, and 2) take it for what it is: ex-members having a good night, and trying their best to give the "fans" a nostalgic moment.

Personally I don't think nobody owes their fans shit. We buy their records and go to their concerts at free will, don't we? That do not put us in any position of demanding anything more from them than we already got. Good music, good experiences etc.

draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2469 on: April 14, 2012, 08:11:16 AM »

I don't see the  big deal in Myles performing GNR songs. He does it well! Since Axl doesn't want to be there might as well have Myles or Kid Rock singing.  This morning, CBS News here in NYC called Axl's letter as one of the biggest snubs in Rock N' Roll  history. The music critic said that AFD is the last great classic rock album.  
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #2470 on: April 14, 2012, 08:26:08 AM »

The "New" Guns N' Roses has not accomplished anything for the history of rock n' roll.

No matter what you think or say they are still Guns N' Roses...not those dudes attended a "hall fo fame" tonight especially Mr. Kennedy.

One major problem....that is NOT Guns N' Roses. Somebody is getting sued.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 08:29:13 AM by volcano62 » Logged

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
wadey
Legend

« Reply #2471 on: April 14, 2012, 08:30:47 AM »

The "New" Guns N' Roses has not accomplished anything for the history of rock n' roll.

No matter what you think or say they are still Guns N' Roses...not those dudes attended a "hall fo fame" tonight especially Mr. Kennedy.

Bravo Sir  ok

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #2472 on: April 14, 2012, 08:36:49 AM »

Can somebody please explain me one thing......Why let Myles (who has nothing to do with GNR whatsoever) hack GNR songs when REAL Guns N' Roses were not even invited to perform? Is it me or is this just fucked in everyway you think about it?

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
wadey
Legend

« Reply #2473 on: April 14, 2012, 08:42:31 AM »

Can somebody please explain me one thing......Why let Myles (who has nothing to do with GNR whatsoever) hack GNR songs when REAL Guns N' Roses were not even invited to perform? Is it me or is this just fucked in everyway you think about it?
beacuse its the RNRHOF's award, they pull the strings and call the shots unfortunately
and yes its completely fucked

but i get to see Guns N' Roses in may headbanger

rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #2474 on: April 14, 2012, 08:45:45 AM »

yep. this thing is fucked up and they want us to think that this is the way it should be because basicly axl is biggest jerk in rock n roll (i think axl is one of the rare people that still could be called rock n roll).
and some here starts to criticise some of us who say this isint right at all.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2475 on: April 14, 2012, 08:47:27 AM »

No Shit!!!

CD will be out when it's out. ....
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #2476 on: April 14, 2012, 08:51:50 AM »

Axl declined the induction and will not appear. The members of the "classic" band that are attending have decided to move forward without him. They will be performing as individuals not GNR. They have asked Myles to sing end of story. You should be happy you never wanted Axl to go in the first place. But surely you must have realized that the remaining "classic" band members would still attend and perform. Since none of them are especially good singers they would naturally need a singer to do the honors.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #2477 on: April 14, 2012, 08:55:02 AM »

Since none of them are especially good singers they would naturally need a singer to do the honors.

so why pick Myles Frikin Kennedy if they needed a good singer  rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2478 on: April 14, 2012, 08:57:46 AM »

Cause Lana Del Rey, wasn't available hihi.

CD will be out when it's out. ....
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #2479 on: April 14, 2012, 09:02:10 AM »

Axl declined the induction and will not appear. The members of the "classic" band that are attending have decided to move forward without him. They will be performing as individuals not GNR. They have asked Myles to sing end of story. You should be happy you never wanted Axl to go in the first place. But surely you must have realized that the remaining "classic" band members would still attend and perform. Since none of them are especially good singers they would naturally need a singer to do the honors.

They would have the greatest singer in the world if they invited GUNS N ROSES to perfom GUNS N ROSES songs.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: