Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:31:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 496586 times)
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #2400 on: April 14, 2012, 01:39:15 AM »

Who cares what happens at this point. Might as well be VR going up there playing songs. Not even Rod Stewert is going to be there. Like I said the whole thing is now a big fuckin joke.
it always was.

uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #2401 on: April 14, 2012, 01:56:13 AM »

I'm not liking the deleting of the posts. Some of us are pouring are hearts out about this bullshit. If we can't be real fans here then this place is really for the brain washed GN'R fans

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2402 on: April 14, 2012, 01:57:58 AM »

I'm not liking the deleting of the posts. Some of us are pouring are hearts out about this bullshit. If we can't be real fans here then this place is really for the brain washed GN'R fans

Since you can't express your opinion without being disrespectful, then thats whatll happen.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #2403 on: April 14, 2012, 01:58:32 AM »

is that whats happening here??

'cause i replied to a awesome post and now it's gone??

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
alexander
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2404 on: April 14, 2012, 02:00:06 AM »

So thats what happend to my last post......it was deleted.  Hey Jarmo......do you really think that GNR stood for cencorship all those years ago?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??

NMope, they did not.  And yet that is exactly what yo are doing to us......

Pathetic.
uzisuicide2002
VIP

« Reply #2405 on: April 14, 2012, 02:01:47 AM »

Since you can't express your opinion without being disrespectful, then thats whatll happen.

/jarmo
that's not even what's happening. Iv always loved this site and I'm just telling it how I feel about the band i grow up loving.

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2406 on: April 14, 2012, 02:03:23 AM »

Did GN'R ever stand for bullshit?

Is this a site for people who are always quick to point out how everybody who loves the band today are brain washed?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #2407 on: April 14, 2012, 02:04:09 AM »

Can't Axl take legal action if Myles goes up there and sings... more than likely under the GnR moniker, since he own's the rights to the name ?  I'm gonna have to cringe, if I see Myles singing with the alumni.
nah, let him do it, it WILL be funny, trust me Wink Axl and Izzy will laugh their asses off, when they see it Grin

I see your point and I agree... still hope they go bankrupt  rofl

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
rendestroi95
Rocker

You Know Where You Are?? No?? Okay :(

« Reply #2408 on: April 14, 2012, 02:04:50 AM »

Ok axl, i understand that you will not show up, but we deserve a gift as recompense

and i choose those tour pictures back online at gunsnroses.com  Grin Grin

it's happening
alexander
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2409 on: April 14, 2012, 02:06:02 AM »

No it aintr.  I for one love the band today.  Chinese rocks.  None the less, censorship is censorship mate.  Cut it out.  What your doing is just like all those radio stations who wont play most of GNRs materisla because of the 4 letter words.
uzisuicide2002
VIP

« Reply #2410 on: April 14, 2012, 02:07:00 AM »

Is this a site for people who are always quick to point out how everybody who loves the band today are brain washed?

/jarmo
No.. But we are all here because of the past.

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
alexander
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2411 on: April 14, 2012, 02:11:58 AM »

I agree. 

And who is Jaermo to decide what the rest of the fans on this board should and should not see???

I remember that shirt slash used to wear that said......FUCK SENCORSHIP.  I for one agree with that too. 

This is a pretty emotional time in the GNR world.  Let people have thier say.  who cares if it offends some?  Its their choice to feel offended.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #2412 on: April 14, 2012, 02:12:12 AM »

Alexander's post was straight up, the truth and in the end he shared a dream of what SHOULD have happend......i think it SUX BALLS his post was deleted.

No offence Jarmo, but your comments towards people here are always negative, you never seem to be on anyone's side, just attacking people. I know some are silly and u gotta deal with it but c'mon man!!?? Huh Huh Huh

i know you live and breath GUNS N' ROSES 24/7, not all of us do, so lighten up......i LOVE this GNR era.....but now is a time to celebrate!!

respects!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2413 on: April 14, 2012, 02:16:04 AM »

Since some of you don't get it: there's no need to disrespect what the band has done since whoever chose to quit.
Got it?

/jarmo

alexander
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2414 on: April 14, 2012, 02:17:21 AM »

Common Jarmo.  This is an exciting time in the GNR world.  Lets all have our say and piss each other off.  Thats not a bad thing.  Its a really good thing becaus we acctually have stuff to talk about which with this band, is a rare thing.  

Please, post our deleted comments.  Let others reply to them.  This is one of very few mediums for us all to get our frustrations our regarding this enigmatic band.

Pleae let us share our thoughts.
alexander
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2415 on: April 14, 2012, 02:22:09 AM »

Will there be som ekind of runing commentary of what happens tonight at the show?Huh?
Derby Greg
Derby Tourism Ambassador
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2416 on: April 14, 2012, 02:25:05 AM »

Thank you for clarifying the Izzy statement. I must have missed that one. Although I was unaware he said that, I expected that he would only attend if Axl went, probably because he did not want to be the only one left out. I think after all tho happened, he just rather stay away to get caught up in the middle.

With regards to the disrespect part of Axl's letter, Say what you will, but I find it hard to believe that the HOF would disrespect Axl or GNR in any overt fashion (prior to the letter). I believe that they would bend backwards and kiss the ground Axl walks on, just to have gotten him there, because he is a big deal and the face of GNR. I also believe that he could have dictated where he would have sat, who would have spoken, and that they would not have to perform. I also think Axl was aware that the induction would include the members named to be inducted. Therefore, I don't' believe he was expecting to name the current members plus other past members like Robin, BH, Brain, etc.

Since his letter is not specific about the former all we can do is assume what may have happened, and as fans speculate what we believe may have happened based on what we have witnessed and read throughout the years about all involved. Although I don't believe Axl may have demanded that the new members be inducted along with the ex-members, maybe he did want to perform with the ex-members and then have the inductees and current members perform the last song on stage and some huge performance, but I can't imagine that would be deal breaker for the HOF because it would be a crazy unprecedented performance and would be cool to watch for all spectators. Regardless we may never know.

With regards to Steven, I will give you that he may have said something stupid even if Axl was there, but Steven has so little credibility that he would only look silly after Axl delivering a clever retort. If anything it would expose why he could not work with Steven, and people would empathize with him. Unfortunately, I believe and I hope I am wrong, Axl will be more disrespected by not going than if he would have gone. Again that is just my opinion, but lets see what happens.

Why do you make so many assumptions all the time? There is no evidence to suggest Axl wanted "new" (some of the current line-up have been in the band a long time) members inducted; that is more fantasy. If you read his letter, he clearly doesn't want that but he does want to live in the present and concentrate on putting on awesome shows featuring these guys that were not around in the mid 1980s. Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

There is nothing to suggest he wanted "new" members to perform with some "huge" performance having just sung with ex-members. That is more fantasy and clearly not the case.

There is also no way he would be in "control" if he had attended. The media have been almost unanimously hostile towards Axl and the band since older members started leaving in the 90s (save for some decent coverage of the latest tour)... it would have been non-stop bullsh** about a reunion...the only people who would have benefited are people who continue to have these fantasies despite being told it wont happen and the HoF - who would benefit commercially.

Axl clearly made the correct decision. There is no requirement for him to give a few people this little fantasy. Time to finally move on for some people. Good.

GREG

2002 Leeds, London
2006 London Ham, Download, London W'ley
2010 Montreal, Toronto, Reading, Dublin
2011 Rio, Arg
2012 Bham,London x2,Rotterdam, Paris,Vegasx3
2013 NYCx2
2016 Vegasx2, NYCx2, CR
Sergott
Opening Act

« Reply #2417 on: April 14, 2012, 02:27:53 AM »

Why Miles Kennedy?  Really shouldve got Baz to fill in.  He kills it on My Michelle.
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #2418 on: April 14, 2012, 02:28:03 AM »

/jarmo
No.. But we are all here because of the past.

Speak for yourself, I'm here to keep up with the future of GNR

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
fTw777
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2419 on: April 14, 2012, 03:06:17 AM »

Why Miles Kennedy?  Really shouldve got Baz to fill in.  He kills it on My Michelle.
Baz couldn't do it even if they wanted him to he's doing shows in Brazil this weekend.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: