Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:27:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 496576 times)
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2380 on: April 13, 2012, 11:25:12 PM »

Wouldn't it be cool if the old GN'R guys started playing tomorrow night and all of a sudden you heard Axl's screeching vocals coming on the microphone? Then out of nowhere Axl walks out, sings three songs, gives the finger and leaves. Fucking classic. Kind of like a fuck you to everyone. Him saying, there you got your fucking songs, leave me alone. All this being a surprise even to the band.
mrgnrdvd
Headliner

Since 1940, the year Chuck Norris was born, roundh

« Reply #2381 on: April 13, 2012, 11:31:35 PM »

that would be awesome, if axl really wanted to bring fans back that would be the ticket, but I believe he doesnt really care about most fans

Chuck Norris' roundhouse kick is so powerful, it can be seen from outer space by the naked eye.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2382 on: April 13, 2012, 11:48:19 PM »

I believe he doesnt really care about most fans

He wrote a letter to the fans only a day ago and here you are saying he doesn't care?

Please stop making ridiculous statements like that.

Count how many times the word fans appeared in the letter.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2383 on: April 13, 2012, 11:50:56 PM »

that would be awesome, if axl really wanted to bring fans back that would be the ticket, but I believe he doesnt really care about most fans

He certainly does, It is too bad some folk's don't realize it Sad
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2384 on: April 13, 2012, 11:52:31 PM »

I guess the timing still bothers me

on Eddie Trunk he seemed honored and leaning towards attending

so 3 days before he writes this??

would carry way more weight had he wrote it day they made it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2385 on: April 13, 2012, 11:57:07 PM »

This is exactly the consequences and repercussions for Axl's decision not to attend. If he would have attended he would have controlled the cards and everyone would have done whatever he wanted. He would have sat at a table across from Slash next to Izzy and and Dizzy, had dinner, gone up to accept an award, and would not even have to perform. I am sure he could have even given Steven a stare down if he even thought about saying something about a reunion, and even if Steven did say something stupid, Axl could have immediately address it to avoid any misconceptions in the media.

Lets face it, it's not like Axl and Slash were going to get into a fist fight. Their feud was not like Axl and Vince neil or Kurt Cobain. There has never been any physical threat by either one.

With regards to performances, we all know everyone besides Axl wanted to perform. The HOF even released a press release saying that GNR would not perform, and we know who made that decision. Now that he chose not to attend, the HOF will do whatever they want. Now it is out of Axl's control and that was a big mistake on many levels.

The rest of the band is going to accept the award, they will probably say a little speech, Steven will probably say something uncomfortable about Axl and the new members of GNR and why he is not there, and they will perform with Myles Kennedy and probably Gilby. If they want they can put Pee Wee Herman to Sing Nigthrain, because as Axl said its the HOF show, not his.

This is why I always believed Axl would have been better off attending, than not, because he will have no control of how everything plays out. Unfortunately, Axl wanted to be the rebel and say fuck you to HOF, now they are saying it right back to him and he will not be there to do anything about it. But since he does not give a fuck about what people and the industry say, than he's probably not going to be upset about this at all.

Although Myles is not Axl, he is pretty awesome, and I will look forward to seeing the ex-members of GNR get inducted, accept the award, address the fans, and play some GnR classics with Myles, Gilby and whoever else wants to jump on stage to perform.

Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2386 on: April 14, 2012, 12:01:47 AM »

This is exactly the consequences and repercussions for Axl's decision not to attend. If he would have attended he would have controlled the cards and everyone would have done whatever he wanted. He would have sat at a table across from Slash next to Izzy and and Dizzy, had dinner, gone up to accept an award, and would not even have to perform. I am sure he could have even given Steven a stare down if he even thought about saying something about a reunion, and even if Steven did say something stupid, Axl could have immediately address it to avoid any misconceptions in the media.

Lets face it, it's not like Axl and Slash were going to get into a fist fight. Their feud was not like Axl and Vince neil or Kurt Cobain. There has never been any physical threat by either one.

With regards to performances, we all know everyone besides Axl wanted to perform. The HOF even released a press release saying that GNR would not perform, and we know who made that decision. Now that he chose not to attend, the HOF will do whatever they want. Now it is out of Axl's control and that was a big mistake on many levels.

The rest of the band is going to accept the award, they will probably say a little speech, Steven will probably say something uncomfortable about Axl and the new members of GNR and why he is not there, and they will perform with Myles Kennedy and probably Gilby. If they want they can put Pee Wee Herman to Sing Nigthrain, because as Axl said its the HOF show, not his.

This is why I always believed Axl would have been better off attending, than not, because he will have no control of how everything plays out. Unfortunately, Axl wanted to be the rebel and say fuck you to HOF, now they are saying it right back to him and he will not be there to do anything about it. But since he does not give a fuck about what people and the industry say, than he's probably not going to be upset about this at all.

Although Myles is not Axl, he is pretty awesome, and I will look forward to seeing the ex-members of GNR get inducted, accept the award, address the fans, and play some GnR classics with Myles, Gilby and whoever else wants to jump on stage to perform.

Stopped reading after you said everyone wanted to perform, IZZY WAS NOT GOING ALREADY!  You can't have this dreamed up fantasy without Axl or Izzy
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #2387 on: April 14, 2012, 12:03:30 AM »

This isn't "Axl's Fault" that's just a far-fetched statement.

Some people don't like Myles, some do. If they feel comfortable getting up there and playing songs with him then why not? Everyone wins. Axl doesn't have to be there, and has his peace. The rest of them go, accept, and play some songs for nostalgia. No one really "looses".

Although I do agree I think that everyone but Steven will keep grace. I think Slash will say a bit about its an honor to be with his heroes and what Guns was for him, I think Duff may do the same but with a bit more emotional side and give a mention to his appreciate for all the members of the band, but I think Steven is going to come out and say something stupid about Axl and his choice.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 12:08:00 AM by WTTJ_91 » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2388 on: April 14, 2012, 12:07:36 AM »

Izzy confirmed that he will attend?

In fantasy land, it's easy to assume things.

He could do this, and that. Nothing bad would happen and everybody would live happily ever after.

Did you READ the letter? It mentions that it didn't feel right for him. Can you respect that?

Seems like a bunch of people with Slash avatars and usernames have problems with respecting somebody's decision because it doesn't make their dream true.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 12:09:27 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2389 on: April 14, 2012, 12:18:03 AM »

FTW rant

So its not ok to inducted or invite all the members of gnr new and old but it is ok for myles to sing. Wtf.  Really sounds like a big jam, Matt , gilby etc.   That's ok but you can't have the current guys some of which have been in gnr longer then the original group.

The hof from day one has controled this cluster fuck. Axl had enough , good for him.  

I hope duff declines playing with myles.  

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #2390 on: April 14, 2012, 12:21:53 AM »

FTW rant

So its not ok to inducted or invite all the members of gnr new and old but it is ok for myles to sing. Wtf.  Really sounds like a big jam, Matt , gilby etc.   That's ok but you can't have the current guys some of which have been in gnr longer then the original group.

The hof from day one has controled this cluster fuck. Axl had enough , good for him.  

I hope duff declines playing with myles.  

The "New" Guns N' Roses has not accomplished anything for the history of rock n' roll. I'm sorry, they're an amazing lineup, they put on amazing shows, but if rock music ended tomorrow and a history book was written....there would be no mention of it.

Slash, Duff, Steven, and Matt all play GN'R songs with other projects ; this is absolutely no different.

I think this thread could end real quick if people would just stop getting their god damn panties in a bunch.

Don't like that Axl isn't going? Awesome. Shut up, move on.
Don't like that Myles may sing with ex-Gunners? Awesome. Shut up and stop pretending it some how defaces GN'R as it exists now.
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2391 on: April 14, 2012, 12:35:25 AM »

Did Izzy release a statement stating he would not attend the HOF?

If he did please share with the board.

I did read Axl's letter, and I do respect Axl's decision. His letter was a bit cryptic in the sense that he does not specify exactly what the problem was that ultimately made him feel so uncomfortable that he decided not to attend. He did not have to write a letter or needed to say anything, but he did and it was a little light on the details, and heavy on the finger pointing.

With that said I just do not agree with his decision for a number reasons. None of which have to do with a reunion.

BTW don't let the slash username throw you off, for the record Axl and Slash are my two favorite members, the reason for the slash username is because I play guitar. If I would sing I probably would have gone with something related to Axl. With that said I am huge fans of both these guys, but I can also recognize that neither one is perfect and can admit if one of them or any member or ex-member for that matter says or does something stupid. I have noted the many times Slash should have stayed quiet about a GnR issue that was going to get back to Axl and piss him off.

Unfortunately, I think Axl made too much of this situation in my opinion, and is going to get hit with a tidal wave of bullshit that could have been very easily avoided. Granted he probably would have had to deal with some annoying reunion questions for a couple of days from the media, but I would have to believe (if I were him and obviously I am not) if the band that he help create and is so important to him is being inducted to the HOF and recognized by his peers, that watching the ex-members partake in the ceremony, probably say something about him, without him being there to defend himself, accept an award for the band that he is the only remaining member currently in the band, and then perform the songs he wrote with some other singer he probably does not like or know, would make my fucking blood boil.  But you know what the ex-members are entitled to go because they deserve it and they deserve to play, because its their party. Axl chose not to be there and participate. His decision and I respect it, but he is the one that has to live with whatever happens.

WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #2392 on: April 14, 2012, 12:39:31 AM »

I did read Axl's letter, and I do respect Axl's decision. His letter was a bit cryptic in the sense that he does not specify exactly what the problem was that ultimately made him feel so uncomfortable that he decided not to attend. He did not have to write a letter or needed to say anything, but he did and it was a little light on the details, and heavy on the finger pointing.

With that said I just do not agree with his decision for a number reasons. None of which have to do with a reunion.

BTW don't let the slash username throw you off, for the record Axl and Slash are my two favorite members, the reason for the slash username is because I play guitar. If I would sing I probably would have gone with something related to Axl. With that said I am huge fans of both these guys, but I can also recognize that neither one is perfect and can admit if one of them or any member or ex-member for that matter says or does something stupid. I have noted the many times Slash should have stayed quiet about a GnR issue that was going to get back to Axl and piss him off.

Unfortunately, I think Axl made too much of this situation in my opinion, and is going to get hit with a tidal wave of bullshit that could have been very easily avoided. Granted he probably would have had to deal with some annoying reunion questions for a couple of days from the media, but I would have to believe (if I were him and obviously I am not) if the band that he help create and is so important to him is being inducted to the HOF and recognized by his peers, that watching the ex-members partake in the ceremony, probably say something about him, without him being there to defend himself, accept an award for the band that he is the only remaining member currently in the band, and then perform the songs he wrote with some other singer he probably does not like or know, would make my fucking blood boil.  But you know what the ex-members are entitled to go because they deserve it and they deserve to play, because its their party. Axl chose not to be there and participate. His decision and I respect it, but he is the one that has to live with whatever happens.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't care if Myles sings, I'm pretty sure he doesn't care what happens at the HOF. He doesn't have to "live with it" trust me if he wanted to ever. for any reason, reunite with any of them he could call them and make it happen. He doesn't need a HOF to "give" him that opportunity. He never had to state anything, he could have simply not shown up. He cared enough to let everyone know, look I'm not going. The reasons don't even matter. He could have not gone because he hates Ohio ; it simply doesn't matter. I don't see where you get finger pointed from the letter. It was a specific point for him to say he would never discredit the work that anyone who has ever been apart of the band deserves.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2393 on: April 14, 2012, 12:50:19 AM »

He released a statement. Two statements have been made so far. One clearly said the author won't attend.
Does Izzy's statement give you the impression he will attend?

It's like a thank you note. Why would you put that out when you can say the same at the show? Unless of course you don't plan on attending....

Isn't it enough that he said it would make him feel not welcome and not respected?

Granted he probably would have had to deal with some annoying reunion questions for a couple of days from the media,

Once again, assumption based on what?

He's clearly said "no" for years, and for years it's been talked about.

And you think by appearing at an event that's been hyped as "the reunion of GN'R" would only lead to "annoying questions for a couple of days"?

It's just you thinking that if he did that, then this would happen and it's all gonna be good. Unfortunately that's not how the world turns.

I'll give you an example. Axl invites Steven Adler to an after show party. Nice of him right? Nothing bad could come out of that!
Wrong!
You know the story already.

You can always assume things and plan how things will go. When you make your own decisions about whatever, maybe sometimes you come to the conclusion that the good that might happen, isn't worth the price.

/jarmo

WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #2394 on: April 14, 2012, 12:52:50 AM »

Hey Jarmo, do you think we can start a "live from the HOF" thread?  I know Axl isn't there and I assume Dizzy isn't there, but it would probably be fun to hear the chatter from the former GNR members and those from this board.  We could post Twitter updates and exclusive posts from members of this board.  What do you think?

Should add the reason why is because I feel like this thread is too convoluted and out of control
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #2395 on: April 14, 2012, 01:21:36 AM »

some of you people need to LIGHTEN THE FUCK UP!! hihi

good on the boys for goin' up n' havin' a jam (if they do)...........n' Myles is the guy for it, sure he's no Axl but i saw Slash last year at the Soundwave Festival with Myles n' did a fine job i must say.  N' if he has the opportunity to go up n' sing and celebrate some Gunners songs with the boys and he does, then good on him!!   

why have a cry about that?Huh  why would any of you have a problem with that??  i hope Duff, Slash, Gilby, Steven, Matt, Dizzy  in some way or form manage to pull a jam off for sure....how exciting would that be to see!!?? FUCKIN' AWESOME I SAY!!

GO BOYS!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2396 on: April 14, 2012, 01:26:42 AM »

Thank you for clarifying the Izzy statement. I must have missed that one. Although I was unaware he said that, I expected that he would only attend if Axl went, probably because he did not want to be the only one left out. I think after all tho happened, he just rather stay away to get caught up in the middle.

With regards to the disrespect part of Axl's letter, Say what you will, but I find it hard to believe that the HOF would disrespect Axl or GNR in any overt fashion (prior to the letter). I believe that they would bend backwards and kiss the ground Axl walks on, just to have gotten him there, because he is a big deal and the face of GNR. I also believe that he could have dictated where he would have sat, who would have spoken, and that they would not have to perform. I also think Axl was aware that the induction would include the members named to be inducted. Therefore, I don't' believe he was expecting to name the current members plus other past members like Robin, BH, Brain, etc.

Since his letter is not specific about the former all we can do is assume what may have happened, and as fans speculate what we believe may have happened based on what we have witnessed and read throughout the years about all involved. Although I don't believe Axl may have demanded that the new members be inducted along with the ex-members, maybe he did want to perform with the ex-members and then have the inductees and current members perform the last song on stage and some huge performance, but I can't imagine that would be deal breaker for the HOF because it would be a crazy unprecedented performance and would be cool to watch for all spectators. Regardless we may never know.

With regards to Steven, I will give you that he may have said something stupid even if Axl was there, but Steven has so little credibility that he would only look silly after Axl delivering a clever retort. If anything it would expose why he could not work with Steven, and people would empathize with him. Unfortunately, I believe and I hope I am wrong, Axl will be more disrespected by not going than if he would have gone. Again that is just my opinion, but lets see what happens.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #2397 on: April 14, 2012, 01:34:37 AM »

Can't Axl take legal action if Myles goes up there and sings... more than likely under the GnR moniker, since he own's the rights to the name ?  I'm gonna have to cringe, if I see Myles singing with the alumni.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #2398 on: April 14, 2012, 01:36:50 AM »

Can't Axl take legal action if Myles goes up there and sings... more than likely under the GnR moniker, since he own's the rights to the name ?  I'm gonna have to cringe, if I see Myles singing with the alumni.
nah, let him do it, it WILL be funny, trust me Wink Axl and Izzy will laugh their asses off, when they see it Grin

uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #2399 on: April 14, 2012, 01:38:19 AM »

Who cares what happens at this point. Might as well be VR going up there playing songs. Not even Rod Stewert is going to be there. Like I said the whole thing is now a big fuckin joke.

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15