Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:25:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 496417 times)
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #2320 on: April 13, 2012, 06:56:52 PM »

Looks like Myles is filling in for Axl.

Eddie Trunk‏@EddieTrunk

Just found out that @MylesKennedy has to postpone our interview for tonight as he is headed to Cleveland. What's going on there??

awesome! he's better!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #2321 on: April 13, 2012, 06:58:23 PM »

Eddie Trunk‏@EddieTrunk

Just found out that @MylesKennedy has to postpone our interview for tonight as he is headed to Cleveland. What's going on there??

Fuck, I hope not. He's great singing songs that he's written, but on the Guns songs he's fucking awful.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2322 on: April 13, 2012, 06:59:53 PM »

Eddie Trunk‏@EddieTrunk

Interesting...so Slash is bringing him in.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #2323 on: April 13, 2012, 07:07:00 PM »

Eddie Trunk‏@EddieTrunk

yeah, why wouldn't he? he's better than everyone else.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2324 on: April 13, 2012, 07:15:23 PM »

Eddie Trunk‏@EddieTrunk

rofl  rofl  rofl

Go troll somewhere else.

If they have that guy sing GN'R songs at GN'R's induction... Didn't these guys learn anything from their past RNRHOF performance?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 07:21:42 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #2325 on: April 13, 2012, 07:25:11 PM »

I'm a bit confused... Somebody correct me if I'm completely out of line.

You join a band. The band becomes huge, you party, use various drugs like most in the band. Since the band is hugely popular, there comes certain responsibilities with it. For example, you're not just a street gang anymore living in somebody else's house. Time comes to record a new album. You have to take responsibility for your own actions, so most members in said band calm down and seem to be able to function in a recording situation.

Except one person. An ultimatum is given. Nothing happens. The person is fired by the band.

22 years later. The same person is asking for "closure". Saying everybody needs to reunite for the fans. One of the guy's showing the least interest in any reunion is currently active with Guns N' Roses. So you insult his band members calling them hacks. Then you apologize and a few days later refer to the band members as scabs.

Now, does this seem like the kind of thing that would make a reunion more likely?

Imagine having a guy from high school who you don't wanna hang out with, but he desperately wants to be your BFF. But, then he insults your family. Apologizes and insults your family again. You still wanna hang out with that guy? More?

"Time heals all wounds". Yes it does, Steven. But you've kept poking at the scab for about 22 years now haven't you?  Roll Eyes
No pun intended.

Maybe a good idea for the ceremony, and the days before, would be for Steven to think before he speaks. And actually realize what the hell he's been saying. Did any of the band members disrespect Steven? No, they didn't. Bumblefoot even accepted his apology!

/jarmo

and imagine ur invited to a high school reunion, and u refuse to go because the only ones u wanna hang with is your college friends.

but u know what, this kinda comparison dont apply to this situation.

i wouldnt go to any high school reunion if my life depended on it, but being in a band and living together and sharing everything for 5-10+ years is entirely different.

but fuck that. i have 2 voices in my head. one say to do whats right according to todays rules and shit, and that would be going to the thing.
but the other one (the one i would follow)... would be to not give a fuck about what anyone thinks and not go.
if Axe dont wanna be there, then he cant be made to do it, and i fully support that.
i was hoping he would do it though. but i understand the good old Axe.
imo, he will never be anything really vital without Slash, Duff and Izzy again. but if he's happy with what he's doing, then for god's sake, theres no need in the world to bother the guy!

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #2326 on: April 13, 2012, 07:25:57 PM »

Eddie Trunk‏@EddieTrunk

rofl  rofl  rofl

Go troll somewhere else.

If they have that guy sing GN'R songs at GN'R's induction... Didn't these guys learn anything from their past RNRHOF performance?

/jarmo

i know Jarm, that was actually a joke. glad u had fun Grin

edit: yeah, hehe, good question. but who knows, this one will probably turn out better....i hope.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #2327 on: April 13, 2012, 07:26:44 PM »

In the end, it's Axl's decision to attend or not attend. The RNRHOF will go on with it's ceremony inducting Guns N' Roses and any former members or current members(which I highly doubt any current members will attend), will be in attendance for the award.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2328 on: April 13, 2012, 07:35:37 PM »

Anyone else think Axl waited to announce his decision so they wouldn't have time to plan some bullshit performance without him? Looks like he didn't wait long enough.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2329 on: April 13, 2012, 07:36:37 PM »

and imagine ur invited to a high school reunion, and u refuse to go because the only ones u wanna hang with is your college friends.

No. Nobody said it's only for a certain period of your life.

They said Guns N' Roses. Not Guns N' Roses 1985-1991.

It's like saying "We will honor your team" but in reality it's only two seasons. Not the whole history of the team.

i wouldnt go to any high school reunion if my life depended on it, but being in a band and living together and sharing everything for 5-10+ years is entirely different.

Yeah....

if Axe dont wanna be there, then he cant be made to do it, and i fully support that.

I think the same should apply for everyone.

Izzy waits until the last day to say something, which I think is fine (he doesn't have to say a word if he doesn't want to), and people are like "Cool!".

Axl gets attacked for waiting for "too long".  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #2330 on: April 13, 2012, 07:37:59 PM »

Eddie Trunk‏@EddieTrunk

fuck that... If they perform with this douchebag I hope Axl finds a way to sue them so badly they'll have sell whatever rights they have left to any GNR material

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #2331 on: April 13, 2012, 07:40:51 PM »

fuck that... If they perform with this douchebag I hope Axl finds a way to sue them so badly they'll have sell whatever rights they have left to any GNR material

That would be perfect!

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #2332 on: April 13, 2012, 07:41:57 PM »

Eddie Trunk‏@EddieTrunk

What the fuck could he sue them for? As far as I know singing his vocals badly isn't a crime.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #2333 on: April 13, 2012, 07:45:59 PM »

I don't understand why we're still talking about this... Axl won't go there. If anyone here has thought for one second that he would go there and play with Slash and all, I mean, it's probably that you don't know Axl enough (even through his letters and all) or haven't been following what he has done/ said these past 15 years.

If you have good memory, some t-shirts at a GN'R Hong Kong concert in 2002 had a saying that was "Freedom Through Musical Integrity". That was 10 years ago, and if you knew Axl or the new band back then, you'd know he would never show up to such "ceremony".

By the way, I like Myles, but I don't think it's right that he should "replace" Axl for a few songs. Let's just respect Axl's wish...

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #2334 on: April 13, 2012, 07:47:37 PM »

I don't understand why we're still talking about this... Axl won't go there. If anyone here has thought for one second that he would go there and play with Slash and all, I mean, it's probably that you don't know Axl enough (even through his letters and all) or haven't been following what he has done/ said these past 15 years.

If you have good memory, some t-shirts at a GN'R Hong Kong concert in 2002 had a saying that was "Freedom Through Musical Integrity". That was 10 years ago, and if you knew Axl or the new band back then, you'd know he would never show up to such "ceremony".

By the way, I like Myles, but I don't think it's right that he should "replace" Axl for a few songs. Let's just respect Axl's wish...

It hasn't happened yet, and whether Axl's there or not, Guns N' Roses are still being inducted. That's why people are still talking about it.
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #2335 on: April 13, 2012, 07:49:06 PM »

Eddie Trunk‏@EddieTrunk

What the fuck could he sue them for? As far as I know singing his vocals badly isn't a crime.

Myles will be "portrayed" as a member of GNR. If you're going to have Myles there then why not the real GNR?
See how fucked up that sounds?

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #2336 on: April 13, 2012, 07:50:18 PM »

Eddie Trunk‏@EddieTrunk

Myles will be "portrayed" as a member of GNR. If you're going to have Myles there then why not the real GNR?
See how fucked up that sounds?

This is like saying Velvet Revolver were portrayed as Van Halen.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #2337 on: April 13, 2012, 07:51:24 PM »

It hasn't happened yet, and whether Axl's there or not, Guns N' Roses are still being inducted. That's why people are still talking about it.

I know, I meant talking about Axl's letter, why he should be there, etc. And it doesn't change the rest of my point. The fact that some people actually believed he'd go there is just so strange to me.

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #2338 on: April 13, 2012, 07:59:38 PM »

No. Nobody said it's only for a certain period of your life.

They said Guns N' Roses. Not Guns N' Roses 1985-1991.

It's like saying "We will honor your team" but in reality it's only two seasons. Not the whole history of the team.

Yeah....

I think the same should apply for everyone.

Izzy waits until the last day to say something, which I think is fine (he doesn't have to say a word if he doesn't want to), and people are like "Cool!".

Axl gets attacked for waiting for "too long".  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

i know they didnt say GNR 1985-1991...but they are awarding the GNR that was immensely popular. and that was between 1988-1993.
but i agree, if they havent pointed that out specifically, then they are the ones to blame.

and yeah, i still stand by my second statement. that high school and living together for 5-10 years are not the same thing.
i thought you would understand that one.

i understand where ur coming from on the third point. but everyone know thats how Izzy has pretty much always been. and as a rhythm guitarist, its managable....but as a lead singer, its not.

but yeah, i agree that Axl has been attacked by anything and anyone expecting things from him, no matter how unrealistic their demands were. but because he was a much bigger figure in the populations perception of GNR than Izzy was, it kinda was to be expected.

Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #2339 on: April 13, 2012, 08:02:50 PM »

I think Izzy waited to see if Axl was going, when he saw Axl wasnt then he just told Duff to post that. Its just speculation obviously but im sure if Axl was cool with the HOF thing and was open to do something with the original line up he might have showned up. Anyway we are under 24 hours! Cheers!
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: