Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:35:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 496443 times)
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #2300 on: April 13, 2012, 03:41:57 PM »

Funny that Izzy thanked all GnR fans in universe and beyond, etc., but only those "who have supported Guns N' Roses from day one".  What's that like 12 people who saw them play in Seattle in 1985 and are still fans now?  Practically nobody was a fan on day one or even year one.  What about teenagers that buy AFD now and earn him his royalties, why is he not including them in his thank you?

Yes, I know what he meant.  Izzy is the man.  Cool personified.

You do have a point....

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #2301 on: April 13, 2012, 03:50:37 PM »

Wow! Izzy also doesn't care about going to the HOF induction! UNGRATEFUL SON OF A BITCH WHO DOESN'T CARE ABOUT HIS...oh wait, it isn't Axl. I think it's cool, then.

PS.: Sarcasm  Wink Kiss peace

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #2302 on: April 13, 2012, 04:12:26 PM »

Funny that Izzy thanked all GnR fans in universe and beyond, etc., but only those "who have supported Guns N' Roses from day one".  What's that like 12 people who saw them play in Seattle in 1985 and are still fans now?  Practically nobody was a fan on day one or even year one.  What about teenagers that buy AFD now and earn him his royalties, why is he not including them in his thank you?

Yes, I know what he meant.  Izzy is the man.  Cool personified.

It is the other side of the coin. Guns existed in 1985 as well.

Perhaps the HOF should celebrate moments in a bands career, rather than the bands
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2303 on: April 13, 2012, 05:07:51 PM »

Quote from: Steven Adler
Hell, I will personally guarantee you that, if nothing else, I will go up onstage with my drums and play to a CD of "Appetite" because the fans deserve it.

The fans deserve a drum clinic?  Huh

/jarmo

More than what Axl and Izzy is giving them.

Axl is giving fans three hour shows. Starting up again in May.

Nice try.

/jarmo

Sorry, what does that have to do with the induction of Guns N' Roses into the R&R HOF?

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2304 on: April 13, 2012, 05:09:03 PM »

Rod Stewart Sick, Will Miss Faces Reunion at Rock Hall

Just like that, the Faces reunion with Rod Stewart has been called off. The remaining three members of the legendary band announced today (April 13) at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Museum that their lead singer was too ill to perform and is held up in Los Angeles with strep throat.

"Lead singers are dropping like flies. Rod, Axl Rose?" guitarist Ronnie Wood told reporters, a wink and a nod to the Guns N' Roses frontman who declined his invitation on Wednesday. When Billboard suggested asking Rose to fill in, Wood joked, "He might do it for us. He definitely won't do it with GnR."

http://www.billboard.com/news/rod-stewart-sick-will-miss-faces-reunion-1006759352.story#/news/rod-stewart-sick-will-miss-faces-reunion-1006759352.story

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
wadey
Legend

« Reply #2305 on: April 13, 2012, 05:15:48 PM »

Just like that, the Faces reunion with Rod Stewart has been called off. The remaining three members of the legendary band announced today (April 13) at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Museum that their lead singer was too ill to perform and is held up in Los Angeles with strep throat.

"Lead singers are dropping like flies. Rod, Axl Rose?" guitarist Ronnie Wood told reporters, a wink and a nod to the Guns N' Roses frontman who declined his invitation on Wednesday. When Billboard suggested asking Rose to fill in, Wood joked, "He might do it for us. He definitely won't do it with GnR."

http://www.billboard.com/news/rod-stewart-sick-will-miss-faces-reunion-1006759352.story#/news/rod-stewart-sick-will-miss-faces-reunion-1006759352.story

Haha.....Imagine Axl performing with the Faces - lets not even go there though, cant keep up with the posts as it is  rofl

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2306 on: April 13, 2012, 05:18:39 PM »

This is Eddie Trunks blog, and as usual he is full of shit.  Essentially he is saying the only reason GNR got in the HOF on the first ballot was so the Hall could force a reunion, in other words he is saying they werent a good enough band to do it on their artistic merits.  I disagree with him completely.  Sure the Hall would have loved a reunion, but to say that GNR didnt deserve a first ballot nomination its complete horseshit.  This guy really doesnt understand how much more influential GNR are than Judas Priest and Iron Maiden.  He also indirectly says that the first 2 Van Halen records were better than "Appetite" and the "Illusions."

Guns, Axl & The R&R Hall

4/13/12: Lot of talk and active discussion on Twitter with me and fellow fans about Axl Rose's decision to decline the R&R Hall induction of GnR. As you know I rally against the Hall and the total disrespect they have for legendary rock artists who have been snubbed (Kiss, Purple, Rush to name a VERY few) or waited forever to get in. However you read the reasons of Axl's letter I am thrilled he is not going. For once after snubbing so many bands, the Hall themselves are being snubbed! Let's be honest, this was about one thing from the Hall's end, them instigating a reunion and getting the turnstyles moving in Cleveland. You really think this private club has such love for GnR that they are inducting them first ballot off of two total albums with the "classic" lineup? Not even VH got that! It was about them needing the pop for the event and new broadcast partner HBO. Axl has many issues for not attending, and I respect and congratulate the members that will attend, but I love seeing the Hall NOT get what they demand when they demand it for once. Maybe if more don't play the game and decline some change can finally be made. Again, I know Axl's reasons are deeper than that, but I love the end result. And for everyone saying it's a snub to the fans how exactly? You need the R&R Hall who has disrespected hard rock for years to validate GnR as a great band? A private club that fans DO NOT vote in is worried about and for the fans? Give me a break! The fan outcry is because that segment also thought this would lead to a reunion, or at least a good train wreck. Time to forget about the reunion talk. If you like current GnR embrace it, and by all means check out the great music Slash, Duff & Steven are doing now! Of course I would love to see a reunion myself when and if the time and vibe is right, but to have the Hall be the catalyst? Not a chance. Finally anyone who thinks I am cool with this because of some relationship with Axl you are dead wrong! I met Axl twice in my life for interviews. I am MUCH closer with the guys who will be on the stage tomorrow night in Cleveland. Again, I congratulate them all and yes they are deserving, but there was something bigger at play here that the Hall wanted to use to their favor, and it appears to have backfired. Perhaps if they didn't snub legends for decades in hard rock they would have a bit more clout and respect. Two more quick things, I am so vocal about the Hall because so many have no idea who is and isn't in and how awful they have been to hard rock & metal. It needs to be exposed! Most media smile and give the talking points they are being fed. Also, for all saying, start your own Hall, of course that would be great and I have had some very early talks. But it would be nice to see the one that exists just get it right! Finally, OF COURSE, there are a TON of deserving bands currently in the Hall. But the ones they ignore for decades are mind blowing over others that have gone.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #2307 on: April 13, 2012, 05:37:10 PM »

Finally anyone who thinks I am cool with this because of some relationship with Axl you are dead wrong!

We are dead right , dude... Doesnt matter if you are closer to the other guys, i imagine you're even closer with your wife but what does that mean? .
Axl brought to you more attention than everyone else, you can't make that statement, it doesn't make no sense. Just tell your idea but don't try to justify it this way, it looks like you're coverin your arse

« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 05:41:03 PM by ITARocker » Logged
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #2308 on: April 13, 2012, 05:40:15 PM »

huh?

(and hell, where's the Adler news??  Grin)

Re-Union time, baby!!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2309 on: April 13, 2012, 05:51:49 PM »

Finally anyone who thinks I am cool with this because of some relationship with Axl you are dead wrong!

We are dead right , dude... Doesnt matter if you are closer to the other guys, i imagine you're even closer with your wife but what does that mean? .
Axl brought to you more attention than everyone else, you can't make that statement, it doesn't make no sense. Just tell your idea but don't try to justify it this way, it looks like you're coverin your arse

umm I never said that thing that you quoted me on.  Did you type that in there?
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #2310 on: April 13, 2012, 05:54:33 PM »

This is Eddie Trunks blog, and as usual he is full of shit.  Essentially he is saying the only reason GNR got in the HOF on the first ballot was so the Hall could force a reunion, in other words he is saying they werent a good enough band to do it on their artistic merits.  I disagree with him completely.  Sure the Hall would have loved a reunion, but to say that GNR didnt deserve a first ballot nomination its complete horseshit.  This guy really doesnt understand how much more influential GNR are than Judas Priest and Iron Maiden.  He also indirectly says that the first 2 Van Halen records were better than "Appetite" and the "Illusions."

Guns, Axl & The R&R Hall

4/13/12: Lot of talk and active discussion on Twitter with me and fellow fans about Axl Rose's decision to decline the R&R Hall induction of GnR. As you know I rally against the Hall and the total disrespect they have for legendary rock artists who have been snubbed (Kiss, Purple, Rush to name a VERY few) or waited forever to get in. However you read the reasons of Axl's letter I am thrilled he is not going. For once after snubbing so many bands, the Hall themselves are being snubbed! Let's be honest, this was about one thing from the Hall's end, them instigating a reunion and getting the turnstyles moving in Cleveland. You really think this private club has such love for GnR that they are inducting them first ballot off of two total albums with the "classic" lineup? Not even VH got that! It was about them needing the pop for the event and new broadcast partner HBO. Axl has many issues for not attending, and I respect and congratulate the members that will attend, but I love seeing the Hall NOT get what they demand when they demand it for once. Maybe if more don't play the game and decline some change can finally be made. Again, I know Axl's reasons are deeper than that, but I love the end result. And for everyone saying it's a snub to the fans how exactly? You need the R&R Hall who has disrespected hard rock for years to validate GnR as a great band? A private club that fans DO NOT vote in is worried about and for the fans? Give me a break! The fan outcry is because that segment also thought this would lead to a reunion, or at least a good train wreck. Time to forget about the reunion talk. If you like current GnR embrace it, and by all means check out the great music Slash, Duff & Steven are doing now! Of course I would love to see a reunion myself when and if the time and vibe is right, but to have the Hall be the catalyst? Not a chance. Finally anyone who thinks I am cool with this because of some relationship with Axl you are dead wrong! I met Axl twice in my life for interviews. I am MUCH closer with the guys who will be on the stage tomorrow night in Cleveland. Again, I congratulate them all and yes they are deserving, but there was something bigger at play here that the Hall wanted to use to their favor, and it appears to have backfired. Perhaps if they didn't snub legends for decades in hard rock they would have a bit more clout and respect. Two more quick things, I am so vocal about the Hall because so many have no idea who is and isn't in and how awful they have been to hard rock & metal. It needs to be exposed! Most media smile and give the talking points they are being fed. Also, for all saying, start your own Hall, of course that would be great and I have had some very early talks. But it would be nice to see the one that exists just get it right! Finally, OF COURSE, there are a TON of deserving bands currently in the Hall. But the ones they ignore for decades are mind blowing over others that have gone.
Sorry, Bodhi, while I agree GN'R deserved it on artistic merit, I do believe that the HOF may have had ulterior motives - like generating huge buzz by catalyzing a reunion.

Ali
Birk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2311 on: April 13, 2012, 05:56:34 PM »

After 1 speeding ticket, 360 miles, my car searched by the K9 unit, i have arrived in Cleveland!
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #2312 on: April 13, 2012, 05:56:53 PM »

Bodhi - I think you're putting too much emphasis on the wrong thing.  So what if Eddie personally feels other bands are more deserving than GN'R.  The point of his reaction is that he supports Axl.  

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2313 on: April 13, 2012, 05:57:47 PM »

hi, while I agree GN'R deserved it on artistic merit, I do believe that the HOF may have had ulterior motives - like generating huge buzz by catalyzing a reunion.

Ali

oh Im not saying they didnt, but I am disagreeing with Eddie that GNR are not worthy of being a first ballot Hall of Fame band.  Thats ridiculous.  For example, god forbid some of the old members were dead, and a reunion was impossible, they still would have gone in first ballot, they are a great band, one of the best of all time.  Eddie is saying that GNR only got in because the Hall wanted drama.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2314 on: April 13, 2012, 05:58:32 PM »

Bodhi - I think you're putting too much emphasis on the wrong thing.  So what if Eddie personally feels other bands are more deserving than GN'R.  The point of his reaction is that he supports Axl.  

No totally, I get that, not disagreeing with him on that, but this is not the first time he has said that GNR are not worthy of a first ballot induction he has said it multiple times.  Thats why I zeroed in on that. 

Also everyone keep in mind, the Hall didnt put them in, the voters/journalists/critics  did.  All the Hall did was put them on the ballot, which they clearly deserved to be.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 06:00:50 PM by Bodhi » Logged
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #2315 on: April 13, 2012, 06:14:36 PM »

Wow, what a shit show. I would be so pissed right now had I not got outbid by 50 cents at the last second on ebay.

No Axl, no Izzy, no Rod or Faces performance. Whew, dodged a bullet. I'd be black out wasted in cleveland right now and probably waking up tomorrow in jail.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #2316 on: April 13, 2012, 06:43:55 PM »

umm I never said that thing that you quoted me on.  Did you type that in there?

Huh It's a quote from Eddie Trunk message  hihi

I was speaking "directly" to him  Grin
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #2317 on: April 13, 2012, 06:47:08 PM »

No totally, I get that, not disagreeing with him on that, but this is not the first time he has said that GNR are not worthy of a first ballot induction he has said it multiple times.  Thats why I zeroed in on that. 

Notice how he didn't mention it (at least not in those terms) when getting his big exclusive interview. That would have been interesting.
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #2318 on: April 13, 2012, 06:54:16 PM »

Looks like Myles is filling in for Axl.

Eddie Trunk‏@EddieTrunk

Just found out that @MylesKennedy has to postpone our interview for tonight as he is headed to Cleveland. What's going on there??

Broski
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #2319 on: April 13, 2012, 06:55:46 PM »

oh ok, that makes everything allright.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: