Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 09:26:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 496390 times)
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2260 on: April 13, 2012, 10:37:00 AM »

matt sorum: Get me 50K followers by april 14th and I will give minute by minute reports on RNR Hall of Fame. You guys can do it
9:47 AM - 8 Mar 12 via UberSocial for BlackBerry

39,592 Followers

Matt Sorum / Baron Von Storm still needs 10,000+ followers by today!

/jarmo

Sorry dude, I don't think you're going to get it.  Cry

Sucks too, I was so hoping to hear juicy details about what Duff had for dessert and how many times Steven fell out of his chair.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #2261 on: April 13, 2012, 10:42:10 AM »

He's arrived. Cheesy

Steven Adler:

In the hotel room in Cleveland. It's so pretty I don't want to eat it! http://lockerz.com/s/200835942

10 hours ago

LOL let the clusterfuck begin  hihi

Don't think so. It will be a nice show where adult people will have fun  Roll Eyes.

Children writing letter to Santa usually stay home sleeping and waiting for the next day  yes. So no clusterfuck. Kiss
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2262 on: April 13, 2012, 11:02:45 AM »

HBO probably purchased it for program filling.

thats exactly what it is, the Hall of Fame rates terribly, I should know, I worked for a company that had the rights to it for a few years.  People just watch shit online, they aren't going to sit there all night to see what happens with the GNR drama, they will read the greatest hits the next morning online and maybe check out a youtube link.  Some of  you are overestimating the impact of this ceremony. there is a reason they are airing it on the worst night for ratings on a holiday where the key demographic 18-34 are all out drinking.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 11:11:06 AM by Bodhi » Logged
nats
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2263 on: April 13, 2012, 11:13:43 AM »

Those who wants to be there but could not get a ticket, additional tickets are now released here:

http://www15.ticketingcentral.com/V2/Quantity.aspx?t=E480730E8CEE774C5605A47

Enjoy!
rendestroi95
Rocker

You Know Where You Are?? No?? Okay :(

« Reply #2264 on: April 13, 2012, 11:29:14 AM »

Ok, there's a topic to this picture??  Shocked Shocked Shocked

it's happening
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #2265 on: April 13, 2012, 11:35:09 AM »

Nice one =)

Tommy looks like wolverine  hihi
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #2266 on: April 13, 2012, 12:18:31 PM »

Don't think so. It will be a nice show where adult people will have fun  Roll Eyes.

Adler = adult? Sorry can't take you seriously. Move along lad.

Children writing letter to Santa usually stay home sleeping and waiting for the next day  yes. So no clusterfuck. Kiss

I don't look down upon you just because you still believe in Santa. My kids still believe in him also.

Fuck yeah!! That's Guns N' Fuckin' Roses!!!

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2267 on: April 13, 2012, 12:23:31 PM »

Steven Adler - Apr. 13, 2012

Legendary Rock Interviews: Has it sunk in yet about the [Rock And Roll] Hall Of Fame? I know you've been a rock star for a long time but was this induction something you ever even considered?

Steven: No, but it's like everything that we dreamed about and believed in and it's something I am proud to notch off on my belt. We accomplished every fuckin thing that I dreamed about doing, even the drugs. I wanted to do drugs. I mean, all of my idols did drugs, I'm only saying it because it's the truth. Most of my idols made albums, toured around the world, fucked girls, and yes, did drugs and drank too much. I did every single thing I wanted to do and got every single thing I wanted except I never wanted to get kicked out of GUNS N' ROSES. I always and still think we should be together like AEROSMITH or THE [ROLLING] STONES. We should have been a band that lasted 30 or 40 years like that; that's what my dream was. That part of the dream just didn't happen. First it was me, then Izzy, then Slash and Duff, but I still love those guys, even Axl; they're my brothers. We accomplished so many of our dreams and to be able to all be out there still working and creating and more than anything, anything to still have our connections with the fans. We are blessed.

Legendary Rock Interviews: [During a recent interview, Slash's longtime friend and author] Marc [Canter] was really hoping that Duff [McKagan] could somehow be the voice of reason and broker a meeting of the minds between Axl and Slash but he seems to think that it's all just one big misunderstanding.

Steven: Axl doesn't believe in any of us. I have a feeling if he would've shown up [at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame], it would only be to perform with his band of scabs. . . Those guys are great players, they're great performers, but they're not GUNS N' ROSES. They're just not. I just wanted the same thing all of the fans want, which is to show up and play together. It's only rock and roll. It's not that hard ? just show up, put the fans first and be a rock and roll band, if only for their sake. It's the fucking least we could do after everything the fans have given us. The fans have given us our careers for all these years. The fans were there then and they're still the reason we can play music and have careers. They love the five of us and they'd still love us and I don't understand why he can't see that. I'm not saying this out of pride or whatever, I'm saying it because it's the truth. There is not one rock and roll band that the fans have wanted to see a reunion of more than GUNS N' ROSES. Duff is a smart, smart man. You would have hoped that he could do that, like Marc said, somehow make sense of it all to Izzy and Axl, but all I know is Axl and Izzy can still no-show if that's what they want, and by all indications that's the case. Maybe Slash, Duff and I can still play with a couple other guys and rock and roll. Hell, I will personally guarantee you that, if nothing else, I will go up onstage with my drums and play to a CD of "Appetite" because the fans deserve it. I can't speak for Izzy and Axl, but I love and respect the fans ? GN'R has the best fans in the world, the most loyal and sweet fans in the world ? and it would be a slap in the face to them to not do something. It's one thing to get inducted in the Hall Of Fame, but what I want, what I really want more than anything, is just the chance to finish what I started with those assholes. (laughs) I'd like to notch that off on my belt that we could get up on stage just once and finish what we fuckin started in that little studio in Silverlake.

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=172564

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #2268 on: April 13, 2012, 12:27:23 PM »

Legendary Rock Interviews: Has it sunk in yet about the [Rock And Roll] Hall Of Fame? I know you've been a rock star for a long time but was this induction something you ever even considered?

Steven: No, but it's like everything that we dreamed about and believed in and it's something I am proud to notch off on my belt. We accomplished every fuckin thing that I dreamed about doing, even the drugs. I wanted to do drugs. I mean, all of my idols did drugs, I'm only saying it because it's the truth. Most of my idols made albums, toured around the world, fucked girls, and yes, did drugs and drank too much. I did every single thing I wanted to do and got every single thing I wanted except I never wanted to get kicked out of GUNS N' ROSES. I always and still think we should be together like AEROSMITH or THE [ROLLING] STONES. We should have been a band that lasted 30 or 40 years like that; that's what my dream was. That part of the dream just didn't happen. First it was me, then Izzy, then Slash and Duff, but I still love those guys, even Axl; they're my brothers. We accomplished so many of our dreams and to be able to all be out there still working and creating and more than anything, anything to still have our connections with the fans. We are blessed.

Legendary Rock Interviews: [During a recent interview, Slash's longtime friend and author] Marc [Canter] was really hoping that Duff [McKagan] could somehow be the voice of reason and broker a meeting of the minds between Axl and Slash but he seems to think that it's all just one big misunderstanding.

Steven: Axl doesn't believe in any of us. I have a feeling if he would've shown up [at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame], it would only be to perform with his band of scabs. . . Those guys are great players, they're great performers, but they're not GUNS N' ROSES. They're just not. I just wanted the same thing all of the fans want, which is to show up and play together. It's only rock and roll. It's not that hard ? just show up, put the fans first and be a rock and roll band, if only for their sake. It's the fucking least we could do after everything the fans have given us. The fans have given us our careers for all these years. The fans were there then and they're still the reason we can play music and have careers. They love the five of us and they'd still love us and I don't understand why he can't see that. I'm not saying this out of pride or whatever, I'm saying it because it's the truth. There is not one rock and roll band that the fans have wanted to see a reunion of more than GUNS N' ROSES. Duff is a smart, smart man. You would have hoped that he could do that, like Marc said, somehow make sense of it all to Izzy and Axl, but all I know is Axl and Izzy can still no-show if that's what they want, and by all indications that's the case. Maybe Slash, Duff and I can still play with a couple other guys and rock and roll. Hell, I will personally guarantee you that, if nothing else, I will go up onstage with my drums and play to a CD of "Appetite" because the fans deserve it. I can't speak for Izzy and Axl, but I love and respect the fans ? GN'R has the best fans in the world, the most loyal and sweet fans in the world ? and it would be a slap in the face to them to not do something. It's one thing to get inducted in the Hall Of Fame, but what I want, what I really want more than anything, is just the chance to finish what I started with those assholes. (laughs) I'd like to notch that off on my belt that we could get up on stage just once and finish what we fuckin started in that little studio in Silverlake.

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=172564

What's wrong with that? Is a true, genuine interview..
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #2269 on: April 13, 2012, 12:27:35 PM »

rofl

2 Things...

Does he realise Rolling Stones have had numerous member changes?
And he's still going on with the "scabs" insults.

Looks like i need a bowl of popcorn to accompany my enjoyment while this clusterfuck unfolds lol

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #2270 on: April 13, 2012, 12:31:16 PM »

yes, Duff is a very smart man, he's diplomatic and nice. unlike this crackhead loser called adler, or something like that

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2271 on: April 13, 2012, 12:32:44 PM »

Perla Hudson:

Off to the hall of fame!

11:27 AM - 13 Apr 12

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #2272 on: April 13, 2012, 12:43:13 PM »

matt sorum: Get me 50K followers by april 14th and I will give minute by minute reports on RNR Hall of Fame. You guys can do it
9:47 AM - 8 Mar 12 via UberSocial for BlackBerry

39,592 Followers

Matt Sorum / Baron Von Storm still needs 10,000+ followers by today!

/jarmo

Hahahahaha I just looked this up!  How did I never hear that he changed his name for that band?!?!  That is hilarious. 

Jarmo, you KNOW you want updates from Matt/Baron.  Help out the cause by following him  ok
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #2273 on: April 13, 2012, 12:44:27 PM »

Perla Hudson:

Off to the hall of fame!

Oh lord help us all...they're all coming out of the woodwork  Roll Eyes

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #2274 on: April 13, 2012, 12:46:27 PM »

A band picture--cool! Maybe if there were more of them it would be more obvious to music fans who's in GnR these days.
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #2275 on: April 13, 2012, 12:51:21 PM »

A band picture--cool! Maybe if there were more of them it would be more obvious to music fans who's in GnR these days.

Perfect pic for CD II  Grin

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2276 on: April 13, 2012, 12:52:11 PM »

Perla Hudson:

Off to the hall of fame!

Oh lord help us all...they're all coming out of the woodwork  Roll Eyes

why nt just tune all of it out if it bothers you so...

CD will be out when it's out. ....
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2277 on: April 13, 2012, 01:00:59 PM »

That's an awesome picture. 

I'm fascinated by Pitman's socks.  He looks like he's got a high black sock thing going on with knee length knickers or something.  Wow. 
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #2278 on: April 13, 2012, 01:05:43 PM »

Yeah, not sure how you consider the wife of an inductee indicating that they are on their way is construed as coming out of the wood work?

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #2279 on: April 13, 2012, 01:08:53 PM »

Yeah, not sure how you consider the wife of an inductee indicating that they are on their way is construed as coming out of the wood work?

Without Axl and GNR they would not be going anywhere. Don't turn this around either...anybody could of filled in for Tracii in 1985.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: