Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:14:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 496314 times)
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #2240 on: April 12, 2012, 10:00:09 PM »

It would be out of respect to Axl and present day GN'R.  Its one thing for VR to play some Gn'R covers or whatever, but for them to represent and play as GN'R, when none of them have played in this band in 19 years, and do it with a random singer...for me personally it would come off as a bit lame.  They definitely deserve to be there and accept the award, but lets leave it at that.  I get those of you going that paid a lot of money to be there want to at least get some of your money's worth, and thats valid, but to me, it is disrespectful to play as Gn'R, when the real (current) band is not represented at all.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2241 on: April 12, 2012, 10:03:45 PM »

Among the people who decided they didn't wanna attend their induction ceremonies: Paul McCartney, Roger Waters, Neil Young, Van Morrison, John Deacon, Sex Pistols, Bjorn & Agnetha of ABBA and more.

/jarmo

I could have sworn Pearl Jam inducted Neil and he was there. or I might be think of some other event.

CD will be out when it's out. ....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2242 on: April 12, 2012, 10:15:12 PM »

I could have sworn Pearl Jam inducted Neil and he was there. or I might be think of some other event.

Neil didn't attend his other band's induction.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bobarcord
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2243 on: April 12, 2012, 10:24:49 PM »

Neil didn't attend his other band's induction.

/jarmo

Ah I forgot about Buffalo Springfield.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2244 on: April 12, 2012, 10:33:35 PM »

It would be out of respect to Axl and present day GN'R.  Its one thing for VR to play some Gn'R covers or whatever, but for them to represent and play as GN'R, when none of them have played in this band in 19 years, and do it with a random singer...for me personally it would come off as a bit lame.  They definitely deserve to be there and accept the award, but lets leave it at that.  I get those of you going that paid a lot of money to be there want to at least get some of your money's worth, and thats valid, but to me, it is disrespectful to play as Gn'R, when the real (current) band is not represented at all.

I understand that, but if they are playing Guns N Roses songs with Billie Joe from Green Day they are not billing themselves as Guns N Roses.  Trust me with Axl's absence nobody will confuse what is happening on a Sat with Guns N Roses.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #2245 on: April 12, 2012, 11:34:09 PM »

This 'show' just became a whole lot more meaningless...bravo Axl! Now how will HBO drive PPV sales, without their made for sales drama?  I wouldn't want to be within 25 miles of Adler when he goes thermonuclear making an ass out of himself.  Let the media have their circle-jerk and gush aboot how awesome AFD 'was'...the same people who probably ripped it when it came out, gave shitty reviews to GnR shows...the whole RRHOF thing is BS.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #2246 on: April 12, 2012, 11:53:30 PM »

*steps onto soap box*

I am no longer attending the ceremony anymore. I was on the fence after yesterday and stuff and just can't justify going to Cleveland and supporting the sham called the "Hall of Fame" and buying their overpriced shit just to further the bullshit and lies they are trying to capitalize on.

I'm glad Axl spoke up against this and (like the others mentioned in the thread for not attending their induction) saved me a nice 7/8 hour drive from NJ to Cleveland. I was expecting to see Axl show up and accept the award and that was it. But due to WHATEVER reason it may be he was not happy with the ceremony and being that I've never expect Axl to follow "the norm" or "what should happen" - I respect his decision and will be supporting Axl in this instance and won't be going.

I'll take my money elsewhere this weekend and maybe buy some tickets to a show (or few) in Europe to support Guns N' FUCKING Roses.

*steps down from soap box*
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #2247 on: April 12, 2012, 11:54:09 PM »

This 'show' just became a whole lot more meaningless...bravo Axl! Now how will HBO drive PPV sales, without their made for sales drama?  I wouldn't want to be within 25 miles of Adler when he goes thermonuclear making an ass out of himself.  Let the media have their circle-jerk and gush aboot how awesome AFD 'was'...the same people who probably ripped it when it came out, gave shitty reviews to GnR shows...the whole RRHOF thing is BS.

Dude.... HBO is airing this ceremony on May 5 (Cinco De Mayo) on a Saturday night.  Contrary to popular belief Friday and Saturday night TV gets horrible ratings outside of live sports.  I should know, I work in cable TV.  They bought the rights to the HOF ceremony so that they could say they have the rights to it and nothing more.  HBO is likely losing money on this.  
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2248 on: April 13, 2012, 12:02:38 AM »

Dude.... HBO is airing this ceremony on May 5 (Cinco De Mayo) on a Saturday night.  Contrary to popular belief Friday and Saturday night TV gets horrible ratings outside of live sports.  I should know, I work in cable TV.  They bought the rights to the HOF ceremony so that they could say they have the rights to it and nothing more.  HBO is likely losing money on this.  

Why would HBO buy the rights to something they'd lose money on?

Also, who sold the rights? And when? The RNRHOF?

Imagine this "Hey HBO, we got GN'R coming up in a while... Yeah, the old band....".

Do you think HBO would be more or less interested in the rights?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bobarcord
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2249 on: April 13, 2012, 12:09:38 AM »

HBO probably purchased it for program filling.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2250 on: April 13, 2012, 01:04:55 AM »

From Duff:

Cleveland Will Rock: It's Always Been About the Songs

I'm on a plane to Cleveland for a performance tomorrow night of my musical book-reading for It's So Easy. These things make me extremely nervous, as reading in front of people has turned out to be one of those things I just don't feel too comfortable with. I think a lot of people are coming because my band, GNR, will be inducted into the so-fancy Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

And on THAT night, I will honor not myself or the chicken dinner they will most surely provide, but I will be honoring all those people who call themselves the fans of our group called Guns N' Roses.

Adversity has followed this band since its inception. I get it. That seems to be my sort of "lot" in life . . . and I think that maybe through this whole sort of rub and honesty that GNR portrayed in a very real way in those early records indeed may have helped countless others overcome varying adversities in their own lives. It's a wonderful and poignant thing to hear from different fans from around this globe. I hope that I can do you all proud.

In the end, it's not about who does or doesn't show up from the original band, and I back whatever reason this guy or that has for not coming. It's all good. The songs are the important bit here . . . and the message they most certainly still must carry.

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/reverb/2012/04/cleveland_will_rock_its_always.php#more

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Sergott
Opening Act

« Reply #2251 on: April 13, 2012, 01:22:05 AM »

I wonder if Steven can now finally comprehend that he will never be in GNR again after this weekend.  I always laugh but feel sorry for him when he obivously has his heart set on everything.  I felt kinda bad for him when he did the AFD anniversary show and Slash refused to play
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2252 on: April 13, 2012, 02:16:24 AM »

Among the people who decided they didn't wanna attend their induction ceremonies: Paul McCartney, Roger Waters, Neil Young, Van Morrison, John Deacon, Sex Pistols, Bjorn & Agnetha of ABBA and more.

/jarmo

And besides the Sex Pistols (who did it as a band), how many rescinded their actual inductions versus not showing up?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 02:39:28 AM by downzy56 » Logged

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #2253 on: April 13, 2012, 02:23:29 AM »

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/video/axl-rose-declines-hall-fame-induction-16126033

ABC News is the most watched evening news in America.

Re-Union time, baby!!
StardustGirl
Headliner

And though as long as this road seems...

« Reply #2254 on: April 13, 2012, 03:44:41 AM »

The full list of currently announced performers, presenters and inductees with the newest announcements noted is below:

? Beastie Boys will be inducted by Chuck D (new addition: LL Cool J to present)
? Guns N? Roses will be inducted by Green Day
? Donovan will be inducted by John Mellencamp (new addition: both to perform)
? Small Faces/The Faces will be inducted by Stevie Van Zandt (new addition: The Small Faces/Faces to perform)
? Red Hot Chili Peppers will be inducted by Chris Rock (new addition: Red Hot Chili Peppers to perform)
? Laura Nyro will be inducted by Bette Midler
? Freddie King will be inducted by Billy Gibbons and Dusty Hill (new addition: Billy Gibbons and Dusty Hill to perform)
? Don Kirshner will be inducted by Carole King (new addition: Darlene Love to perform)
? Cosimo Matassa, Tom Dowd, Glyn Johns will be inducted by Robbie Robertson
? The Blue Caps, the Comets, the Crickets, the Famous Flames, the Midnighters and the Miracles will be inducted by Smokey Robinson

http://rockhall.com/pressroom/announcements/rock-hall-announces-additional/

Interesting. Dunno how complete this list is, but it appears that half of the inductees aren't even going to perform. So what's all the fuss with GNR? Having at least some of the guys to attend seems to fit nicely with the general trend.

I don't think there is another band out right now that has the balls to do what we did last night...
long live rock n' roll
Birk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2255 on: April 13, 2012, 07:39:31 AM »

Leaving in less than 2 hrs for Cleveland  ok
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #2256 on: April 13, 2012, 08:43:24 AM »

Guns N' Roses should crash the HOF lol

I mean their not even inducting Guns N' Roses...just some past members...pathetic

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2257 on: April 13, 2012, 09:17:52 AM »

He's arrived. Cheesy

Steven Adler:

In the hotel room in Cleveland. It's so pretty I don't want to eat it! http://lockerz.com/s/200835942

10 hours ago

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #2258 on: April 13, 2012, 10:15:34 AM »

He's arrived. Cheesy

Steven Adler:

In the hotel room in Cleveland. It's so pretty I don't want to eat it! http://lockerz.com/s/200835942

10 hours ago

LOL let the clusterfuck begin  hihi

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2259 on: April 13, 2012, 10:24:51 AM »

matt sorum: Get me 50K followers by april 14th and I will give minute by minute reports on RNR Hall of Fame. You guys can do it
9:47 AM - 8 Mar 12 via UberSocial for BlackBerry

39,592 Followers

Matt Sorum / Baron Von Storm still needs 10,000+ followers by today!

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: