Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:17:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 496327 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2220 on: April 12, 2012, 03:49:27 PM »

Ok, enough.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #2221 on: April 12, 2012, 03:51:11 PM »

Ok, enough.....

/jarmo

I understand that there are rules about ragging on current members of GnR on a fan board but why is it these dudes are allowed to make constant jokes about Stevie with some even talking about him in a "death pool" ?

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #2222 on: April 12, 2012, 03:52:42 PM »

Ok, enough.....

/jarmo

I understand that there are rules about ragging on current members of GnR on a fan board but why is it these dudes are allowed to make constant jokes about Stevie with some even talking about him in a "death pool" ?

I'm pretty sure that's what he was referring to when he said 'enough'.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #2223 on: April 12, 2012, 04:40:13 PM »

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has removed Guns N' Roses from the April 14 ceremony's itinerary, including their induction by Green Day. [Prior to] and despite their removal, a Rock Hall spokesman tells E! news "We are sorry Axl will not be able to accept his induction in person. We are looking forward to still inducting Guns N' Roses this weekend and will proceed forward with our original plan whether Axl is present or not."

http://www.spinner.com/2012/04/11/axl-rose-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame/

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2224 on: April 12, 2012, 04:48:20 PM »

^^^^That makes no fucking sense. They are removed from the itinerary but they will proceed forward without Axl.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2225 on: April 12, 2012, 04:50:42 PM »

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has removed Guns N' Roses from the April 14 ceremony's itinerary, including their induction by Green Day.

It's there now.  Must have been a typo. Lips Sealed

CLEVELAND (April 12, 2012)

The full list of currently announced performers, presenters and inductees with the newest announcements noted is below:

? Beastie Boys will be inducted by Chuck D (new addition: LL Cool J to present)
? Guns N? Roses will be inducted by Green Day
? Donovan will be inducted by John Mellencamp (new addition: both to perform)
? Small Faces/The Faces will be inducted by Stevie Van Zandt (new addition: The Small Faces/Faces to perform)
? Red Hot Chili Peppers will be inducted by Chris Rock (new addition: Red Hot Chili Peppers to perform)
? Laura Nyro will be inducted by Bette Midler
? Freddie King will be inducted by Billy Gibbons and Dusty Hill (new addition: Billy Gibbons and Dusty Hill to perform)
? Don Kirshner will be inducted by Carole King (new addition: Darlene Love to perform)
? Cosimo Matassa, Tom Dowd, Glyn Johns will be inducted by Robbie Robertson
? The Blue Caps, the Comets, the Crickets, the Famous Flames, the Midnighters and the Miracles will be inducted by Smokey Robinson

http://rockhall.com/pressroom/announcements/rock-hall-announces-additional/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2226 on: April 12, 2012, 04:54:35 PM »

Why should we bitch about loving Axl or hating the man for his open letter.
face it, one simple thing can make this board rumble on it's pilars... it's a shame.

We are all here because we love a band! and we love the people who are involved in this band today or yesterday or tomorrow.
see it the way you want it to see.

We all knew from day 1 the hof made guns entering their hallls.. it was doomed to begin with.
Everything that was/is going to happen would affect gnr and Axl.
and for fans that we are we support the new band and support the old band.

but what I hate the most is that people wanted this. Yes it's a lifetime event I get that.
but look at the way the press it going to see it or how some fans might see it.

it would explode and not be pretty.

I think Axl made the right decision and a bold one!

he should be praised for it!

the Hall of fame isn't something to be proud of today.. if it were Kiss would have been in already!

As Axl and bandmembers has said over the past few years.

Chinese democracy is the main goal right now. and so it touring and oh wait one more thing : THIS BAND!

Guns N Roses.

Love and respect

Janus
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #2227 on: April 12, 2012, 04:55:53 PM »

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has removed Guns N' Roses from the April 14 ceremony's itinerary, including their induction by Green Day.

The full list of currently announced performers, presenters and inductees with the newest announcements noted is below:

? Small Faces/The Faces will be inducted by Stevie Van Zandt (new addition: The Small Faces/Faces to perform)
? Red Hot Chili Peppers will be inducted by Chris Rock (new addition: Red Hot Chili Peppers to perform)
? Freddie King will be inducted by Billy Gibbons and Dusty Hill (new addition: Billy Gibbons and Dusty Hill to perform)
? Don Kirshner will be inducted by Carole King (new addition: Darlene Love to perform)
? The Blue Caps, the Comets, the Crickets, the Famous Flames, the Midnighters and the Miracles will be inducted by Smokey Robinson

I think the most notable thing is that seems like the order and by all accounts The Beastie Boys are the headliners now that Axl isn't coming.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2228 on: April 12, 2012, 04:58:22 PM »

I think the most notable thing is that seems like the order and by all accounts The Beastie Boys are the headliners now that Axl isn't coming.

not at all, by that logic Donovan and The Faces are above the Red Hot Chili Peppers..I'm sure the list is not in the order of importance.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2229 on: April 12, 2012, 04:59:18 PM »

I noticed that there's still no one listed as performing.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2230 on: April 12, 2012, 05:03:38 PM »

I would be surprised if Green Day didn't step up and do something cool as far as a performance goes.  I would imagine Slash and Duff aren't flying to Cleveland for a dinner, theyll probably all jam together.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2231 on: April 12, 2012, 06:21:23 PM »

I would be surprised if Green Day didn't step up and do something cool as far as a performance goes.  I would imagine Slash and Duff aren't flying to Cleveland for a dinner, theyll probably all jam together.

There is a jam at the end. Other than that, I don't think we're seeing any kind of GNR songs performed.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #2232 on: April 12, 2012, 06:49:09 PM »

Steven talks about the HOF http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PedbVVdZHE&feature=player_embedded

Broski
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #2233 on: April 12, 2012, 06:51:55 PM »

how cool it would be that no one exept green day and steven will show up  rofl

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
40oz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2234 on: April 12, 2012, 08:45:17 PM »

Or have Kid Rock may step up to the mic if the GnR boys are going to play a song or two as a surprise.  His name is all over the teasers and the HBO stuff, yet he isn't even noted in the latest press release.  Not saying he would be everyone's top choice, but it could be more fun than no GnR tunes.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #2235 on: April 12, 2012, 08:50:33 PM »

Out of respect to Axl, they should not play GN'R songs.  I imagine Slash and Steven don't give a shit, but if Duff does indeed have a spine, he'll refuse to play out of respect.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Birk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2236 on: April 12, 2012, 09:33:24 PM »

Out of respect to Axl, they should not play GN'R songs.  I imagine Slash and Steven don't give a shit, but if Duff does indeed have a spine, he'll refuse to play out of respect.

I disagree they BETTER play GNR songs!!!
12hrs from now i will be headed to Cleveland
Duff @ The HOB here i come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2237 on: April 12, 2012, 09:42:00 PM »

Help me understand this.  4 guys who are being honored for their work in Guns N Roses playing GNR songs for GNR fans who are going out of there way to spend money and travel to an event is somehow disrespectful?   Axl was not prohibited from going, he chose not to.  Please explain how them playing songs they wrote is a sign of disrespect to Axl.

I fully supported Axl's decision, just as I support theirs to show up and play the songs that got them into the Hall of Fame. 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2238 on: April 12, 2012, 09:51:21 PM »

Among the people who decided they didn't wanna attend their induction ceremonies: Paul McCartney, Roger Waters, Neil Young, Van Morrison, John Deacon, Sex Pistols, Bjorn & Agnetha of ABBA and more.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Birk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2239 on: April 12, 2012, 09:53:51 PM »

Cleveland bound in the morning, goodnight yall
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: