Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:26:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 496235 times)
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #2160 on: April 11, 2012, 01:43:16 PM »

I saw this comment posted, did anyone hear Eddie Trunk say this?

Trunk said on Sirius yesterday that he is hearing Axl will not even be showing up for ceremony.

I didn't expect Axl to take part in this circus. Dizzy won't be there either if that is the case.
Saul and Adler should hang their heads in shame.

Slash has nothing to be ashamed of he will be there and ready to perform.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #2161 on: April 11, 2012, 01:48:58 PM »

I would find it strange for the GN'R twitter account to acknowledge Green Day and then for Axl not to show up.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #2162 on: April 11, 2012, 01:49:26 PM »

For what? Showing up?

Not sure if serious? "Look at me look at me booo hoo Axl hates my guts" and "Scabs N' Hacks" just a few facepalm moments leading into this clusterfuck.
Any of this ring a bell??

Trunk said on Sirius yesterday that he is hearing Axl will not even be showing up for ceremony.

I didn't expect Axl to take part in this circus. Dizzy won't be there either if that is the case.

He's always ready to "perfom"  (superbowl anyone? hihi)
I heard Justin Beiber will be replacing Mr. Kennedy for the next tour

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2163 on: April 11, 2012, 01:52:33 PM »

Unfortunately the current incarnation of GNR doesnt really do a good job of marketing themselves. When most people think of Guns they think of the old band. Real fans know that they are still an active band. I think Guns needs to do a better job of promoting the current members. There has never been an official band picture. If you google GNR you get pics of the old band.

Actually, I think whoever is doing the marketing the past year has been doing an awesome job.  The band has been constantly on tour, they seem to be having fun, they sound great...  Promotion has been out there...
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #2164 on: April 11, 2012, 02:00:43 PM »

not sure why anyone responds to some loser volcano trolling this board.  clearly not a gnr fan, just some loser pre-teen making you all look stupid when you respond.

My posts all have hidden messages.  It's your job to find it.
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #2165 on: April 11, 2012, 02:02:02 PM »

For what? Showing up?

Not sure if serious? "Look at me look at me booo hoo Axl hates my guts" and "Scabs N' Hacks" just a few facepalm moments leading into this clusterfuck.
Any of this ring a bell??

He's always ready to "perfom"  (superbowl anyone? hihi)
I heard Justin Beiber will be replacing Mr. Kennedy for the next tour

I cannot excuse Steven except to say that he is apparantly not in his right mind. As far as Slash saying Axl hates him, Axl does hate him and has made it very well known. I'm sure Slash's declaration was of no surprise to Axl. I feel if Axl intends to go to the HOF induction nothing anybody says will change his mind. And if he gets the chance Slash will play the SB again you can bet on it. As far as JB replacing MK not a chance Slash will hold on to MK with his life.

Besides what has the SB, MK, or JB got to do with this discussion?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 02:05:43 PM by sleeper » Logged
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #2166 on: April 11, 2012, 02:09:29 PM »

not sure why anyone responds to some loser volcano trolling this board.  clearly not a gnr fan, just some loser pre-teen making you all look stupid when you respond.

LOL sounds like you are speaking about yourself dude....at least I don't live my life based on an imaginary reunion  hihi

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Judas Fuckin Priest
Headliner

« Reply #2167 on: April 11, 2012, 02:12:36 PM »

Why is the RNRHOF acting like GN'R ended? So they can get themselves some publicity by promoting the magical reunion?
/jarmo

Because that's the perception of the most people around the world. People see historic members of GN'R in separated ways, they see Slash playing around in europe with a thin guy, Duff performing with Loaded in some festival in southamerica and see Axl Rose touring around the world once in a while.

People don't see the Guns n' Roses present like: ""Woww, Guns is back !", they know they are buying a ticket for a nostalgic act when they attending the Slash, Duff, VR, or guns shows.

That's why RNRHOF acting like that "buddy". Call it common sense.
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #2168 on: April 11, 2012, 02:15:10 PM »

Why is the RNRHOF acting like GN'R ended? So they can get themselves some publicity by promoting the magical reunion?
/jarmo

Because that's the perception of the most people around the world. People see historic members of GN'R in separated ways, they see Slash playing around in europe with a thin guy, Duff performing with Loaded in some festival in southamerica and see Axl Rose touring around the world once in a while.

People don't see the Guns n' Roses present like: ""Woww, Guns is back !", they know they are buying a ticket for a nostalgic act when they attending the Slash, Duff, VR, or guns shows.

"Buddy" you are ignoring the fact that GNR never ended.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2169 on: April 11, 2012, 02:19:15 PM »

Unfortunately the current incarnation of GNR doesnt really do a good job of marketing themselves. When most people think of Guns they think of the old band. Real fans know that they are still an active band. I think Guns needs to do a better job of promoting the current members. There has never been an official band picture. If you google GNR you get pics of the old band.

I don't get the whole marketing debate.

The music is the marketing. Put out a song that resonates with fans, and problem solved.
Easier said then done, yes, but my point is, no one gives a shit who the new guitarist or drummer is until they hear a song they enjoy.

I would agree with you if it were a new band. This is an already established band. Unfortunately when people think of GNR they think of the old band. No one has ever done anything to promote the new band. Like I said before there isnt even an official band picture.

Yeah, but back to LongGoneDay's point. Who gives a shit about a band picture of a band they don't know the songs of. You gotta market the music and get people to pay attention to the band. Which, in 2012, is a tricky thing to do considering MTV and rock radio are dead as a duck.

Like I said before....If this were a new band your point would be valid. This was already an established band and brand. When most people ( non die hards) think of GNR they think of the old band. Alot of people arent even aware that there are new people in the band. Axl has really only given a handful of interviews and they havent given an interview as a band. For the exception of the MTV awards way back when they havent made an appearance of television as a band.
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2170 on: April 11, 2012, 02:20:27 PM »

Actually, I think whoever is doing the marketing the past year has been doing an awesome job.  The band has been constantly on tour, they seem to be having fun, they sound great...  Promotion has been out there...

Touring is only one part of the promotion. Alot of people on here complain about people thinking that Slash is in the band. GNR really does nothing to combat this.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #2171 on: April 11, 2012, 02:20:56 PM »

It's really simple.

Name aside, it's a new lineup, a new logo, a new identity, a new direction and sound.

If you're happy with the changes, great!
Not everyone is.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2172 on: April 11, 2012, 02:21:32 PM »

/jarmo

Did Judas Priest end when Rob left? Or when KK left?

In case you didn't realize, many people think what they read and are told. If the media says something, people take it as fact.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #2173 on: April 11, 2012, 02:21:56 PM »

Touring is only one part of the promotion. Alot of people on here complain about people thinking that Slash is in the band. GNR really does nothing to combat this.

It helps more than it hurts.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2174 on: April 11, 2012, 02:24:47 PM »

you realize you are the only one in the world who calls him Saul, Im guessing you think calling someone their real name is an insult?
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2175 on: April 11, 2012, 02:28:26 PM »

It helps more than it hurts.
I agree but more has to be done to promote the new band.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2176 on: April 11, 2012, 02:34:17 PM »

Objetive Of HOF:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

GN'R Are back... Walking GREAT... HOF Only Personal Interest.

Adler - Debut/Line Up AFD - Beginning

Matt - Pop Era/Fashion Gold - 1st World Tour

Brian - Salvation Of GN'R - Not Pop ERA/Epic Disc

Then In 25 Years... Brian Also Inducted... HOF:

FUCK YOU !@@

Cool

I would agree about the HOF and $, I would hardly describe 1991-1993 as a Pop era in music as opposed to 2008.

Pop Era = Rock Popular

Metallica, Poison, GN`R, Whitesnake, Ac/Dc, Warrant, etc, etc

ok

What in the hell? Poison and Warrant weren't popular after about 1990. Whitesnake was completely off the map. And you consider Metallica and AC/DC to be pop?

Pop is an abbreviation of the word "popular". Metallica and AC/DC are popular, therefore they are pop.
The broad area that pop music covers is the reason we have sub-genres. Wink

Thanks Man... Some people Is INSANE 1@

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2177 on: April 11, 2012, 02:37:47 PM »

Right on Duff McKagan

Excellent article he wrote today.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #2178 on: April 11, 2012, 02:42:51 PM »

Im guessing you think calling someone their real name is an insult?

No not at all. I would call him something insulting if i wanted to insult.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
40oz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2179 on: April 11, 2012, 02:53:59 PM »

Crap, I came back to this thread to see like 4 new pages from the last few hours.  So I assume there has been some kind of announcement.  Bummed to find a debate on pop music instead.  Ugh.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: