Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:19:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 496171 times)
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2120 on: April 11, 2012, 11:26:16 AM »

It went platinum. You realise how rare that is for a rock album nowadays? You have to be a big name from the 90's or before for that to happen (with a few notable exceptions). So yes, the sales were disappointing by Guns N' Roses standards, but in the grand scheme of things it did pretty well.

The platinum status is a bit of a technicality. Best Buy bought over a million copies which qualified it platinum. It has actually sold a little over 600,000 copies in the US according to Soundscan figures. Not bad, but not the blockbuster everyone probably hoped for.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2121 on: April 11, 2012, 11:27:23 AM »

Objetive Of HOF:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

GN'R Are back... Walking GREAT... HOF Only Personal Interest.

Adler - Debut/Line Up AFD - Beginning

Matt - Pop Era/Fashion Gold - 1st World Tour

Brian - Salvation Of GN'R - Not Pop ERA/Epic Disc

Then In 25 Years... Brian Also Inducted... HOF:

FUCK YOU !@@

Cool

I would agree about the HOF and $, I would hardly describe 1991-1993 as a Pop era in music as opposed to 2008.

Pop Era = Rock Popular

Metallica, Poison, GN`R, Whitesnake, Ac/Dc, Warrant, etc, etc

ok

Warrant and Poison were popular in 1992?-you can't be serious-if anything, Guns was successful during the grunge area, when they were kind of "uncool"they were a big stadium band.

libertad
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2122 on: April 11, 2012, 11:27:59 AM »

Objetive Of HOF:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

FUCK YOU !@@

Cool

I would agree about the HOF and $, I would hardly describe 1991-1993 as a Pop era in music as opposed to 2008.

Pop Era = Rock Popular

ok

What in the hell? Poison and Warrant weren't popular after about 1990. Whitesnake was completely off the map. And you consider Metallica and AC/DC to be pop?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #2123 on: April 11, 2012, 11:28:36 AM »

Maybe, if people are still talking about the band in 2033, the people who worked on Chinese Democracy will be inducted. There can't be that many bands they'd be up against by that time. Wink

I like Chinese Democracy, but it's by far the least successful thing they put out studio album wise.

TSI was less successful (with precious saul hudson)
Dosen't change the fact that CD is GNR's best album.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #2124 on: April 11, 2012, 11:32:59 AM »

Objetive Of HOF:

FUCK YOU !@@

Cool

Pop Era = Rock Popular

ok

What in the hell? Poison and Warrant weren't popular after about 1990. Whitesnake was completely off the map. And you consider Metallica and AC/DC to be pop?

Pop is an abbreviation of the word "popular". Metallica and AC/DC are popular, therefore they are pop.
The broad area that pop music covers is the reason we have sub-genres. Wink
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2125 on: April 11, 2012, 11:34:19 AM »

Maybe, if people are still talking about the band in 2033, the people who worked on Chinese Democracy will be inducted. There can't be that many bands they'd be up against by that time. Wink

I like Chinese Democracy, but it's by far the least successful thing they put out studio album wise.

-Axl Rose:"Half Man, half beast, I don't know what it is, but it's weird, and it's pissed off and it calls itself Slash."

libertad
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2126 on: April 11, 2012, 11:36:50 AM »

Objetive Of HOF:

FUCK YOU !@@

Cool

Pop Era = Rock Popular

ok

Pop is an abbreviation of the word "popular". Metallica and AC/DC are popular, therefore they are pop.

Guns and Metallica have never been considered a "pop" band-you are confused as to what pop music is, it's not really a literal term-Pantera was a popular band, are they pop?

libertad
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #2127 on: April 11, 2012, 11:39:49 AM »

-Axl Rose:"Half Man, half beast, I don't know what it is, but it's weird, and it's pissed off and it calls itself Slash."

Ok? You want a cookie?

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2128 on: April 11, 2012, 11:42:01 AM »

Ok? You want a cookie?

Sure-I feel pretty good after finding that one-Don't Cry-no pun intended hihi

libertad
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #2129 on: April 11, 2012, 11:43:09 AM »

Objetive Of HOF:

FUCK YOU !@@

Cool

Pop Era = Rock Popular

ok

Guns and Metallica have never been considered a "pop" band-you are confused as to what pop music is, it's not really a literal term-Pantera was a popular band, are they pop?

Yes... because it's only wannabe hipsters who want to be different who consider pop music to be a genre so they can sneer at people who like it. It started out and is always intended to mean any music that is popular or contemporary music (basically anything that got into the pop charts that started in the 60's when charts first started being decided by sales of records as opposed to sales of sheet music). When you talk about pop music, you can literally be talking about music that sounds like almost anything whether it's Pantera or Kylie Minogue. It's really irritating that people seem to consider it one genre, even when they can be talking about dance tracks like Lady Gaga or RN'B tracks like Beyonce which in themselves are entirely different sounding.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #2130 on: April 11, 2012, 11:45:45 AM »

Some of you fans of the newer band are getting far too sensitive about this!  

The people being inducted are the one's that were in the band in its prime... ya know, back when they released lots of music, constantly toured, released music videos and all that.  The people that contributed to albums that have sold millions worldwide.  

They're been inducted for releasing great music and being the biggest band in the world at one point.  

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #2131 on: April 11, 2012, 11:46:51 AM »

Ok? You want a cookie?

Sure-I feel pretty good after finding that one-Don't Cry-no pun intended hihi

Don't Damn Me mofo (pun intended  hihi)

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2132 on: April 11, 2012, 11:46:55 AM »

Objetive Of HOF:

FUCK YOU !@@

Cool

Pop Era = Rock Popular

ok

Yes... because it's only wannabe hipsters who want to be different who consider pop music to be a genre so they can sneer at people who like it. It started out and is always intended to mean any music that is popular or contemporary music (basically anything that got into the pop charts that started in the 60's when charts first started being decided by sales of records as opposed to sales of sheet music). When you talk about pop music, you can literally be talking about music that sounds like almost anything whether it's Pantera or Kylie Minogue. It's really irritating that people seem to consider it one genre, even when they can be talking about dance tracks like Lady Gaga or RN'B tracks like Beyonce which in themselves are entirely different sounding.

You have me totally lost-even mainstream media never says "pop group GNR", or "pop group Metallica"-Guns have mostly been called hard rock, even sometimes a metal band, but even they would probably tell you they were not metal.

libertad
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #2133 on: April 11, 2012, 11:48:33 AM »

Some of you fans of the newer band are getting far too sensitive about this!  

The people being inducted are the one's that were in the band in its prime... ya know, back when they released lots of music, constantly toured, released music videos and all that.  The people that contributed to albums that have sold millions worldwide.  

They're been inducted for releasing great music and being the biggest band in the world at one point.  

Just saw your avatar sorry can't take you seriously  no

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #2134 on: April 11, 2012, 11:50:04 AM »

Mainstream media probably knows that it would confuse people to refer to them as pop groups. But the fact remains, no matter what your genre, if you've appeared on the pop charts, that's exactly what you are. Wink
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2135 on: April 11, 2012, 11:57:27 AM »

Mainstream media probably knows that it would confuse people to refer to them as pop groups. But the fact remains, no matter what your genre, if you've appeared on the pop charts, that's exactly what you are. Wink

What pop charts? Chinese Democracy itself appeared on the Billboard 200, the singles Chinese Democracy and Better appear on (surprise)-rock charts-even wikipedia lists them as Heavy Metal.

libertad
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2136 on: April 11, 2012, 12:00:36 PM »

The Billboard 200 is sort of a pop chart in itself, its for popular music, not sure why everyone is fighting over this.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2137 on: April 11, 2012, 12:03:41 PM »

Why is the RNRHOF acting like GN'R ended? So they can get themselves some publicity by promoting the magical reunion?

/jarmo

Its not just the HOF, it is the American media in general.  They treat Guns N Roses as though they broke up in 1996.  It is a very frustrating thing to deal with as a fan of the band and everything they have over the past 10 years especially.  I think the more records that GNR puts out the better it will get, because they will have a new catalog of music and have their own "era" so to speak.

The real elephant in the room is Slash. This whole reunion nonsense is code for getting Axl and Slash together.   As much as we don't want to admit it, Slash is an icon.  He is a guitar hero in every sense of the word and one of if not the most influential guitar player of the last 25 years.  He might be the biggest dickhead in the world, I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes.  But the public doesn't care.   They just know he wrote some of their favorite guitar parts of all time, he is not somebody you can just replace and have everyone just accept it.

This analogy has been used to death but it really is  like Jagger replacing Richards, or Plant replacing Page, not everybody is going to go along with that and I understand that.

I'm surprised some of you haven't already said this, but I think  the HOF really could care less if the Izzy shows up or Steven or Matt, their whole goal is to get Axl and Slash on the same stage together.  That is what will make the most headlines on Monday. 

Personally I can care less what happens this weekend, I am more interested in the piles of music Dj Ashba says Axl has and what the band is going to do with it in the future.   Contrary to what the media would have you believe, there is a lot going on the GNR universe right now that has nothing to do with Cleveland.  beer
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2138 on: April 11, 2012, 12:06:22 PM »

The Billboard 200 is sort of a pop chart in itself, its for popular music, not sure why everyone is fighting over this.

Skid Row's Slave to the Grind became the first "metal band" to top the Billboard top 200 during the beginning of the soundscan era-it was a big deal back then, followed by Metallica, Guns, and Pantera-I know were way off topic, but it did mean something-google it.

libertad
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2139 on: April 11, 2012, 12:16:00 PM »

This analogy has been used to death but it really is  like Jagger replacing Richards, or Plant replacing Page, not everybody is going to go along with that and I understand that.

Yet Pink Floyd existed without Roger Waters, Black Sabbath without Ozzy Osbourne, AC/DC without Bon Scott....

I'm surprised some of you haven't already said this, but I think  the HOF really could care less if the Izzy shows up or Steven or Matt, their whole goal is to get Axl and Slash on the same stage together.  That is what will make the most headlines on Monday.

That seems to be the mindset of most of the "reunion fans" as well. Did you notice how few actually bothered to stop and ask "What about Izzy?"?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 12:17:49 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: