Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:35:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 496124 times)
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #2060 on: April 10, 2012, 04:27:35 PM »

Do we at least get some video highlights sent to the media?  Who here is going and planning on providing a report?

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #2061 on: April 10, 2012, 05:14:01 PM »

I suppose this could be sort of bizarre and annoying for Axl. He is trying to push forward his current tour whereas this is pushing forward a reminder of the last 25 years.

As I have said though, Axl has showcased a plethora of musicians who have been awesome and appropriate in their given eras. I hope he can go to this and thankful to all who have given to the GN'R journey, and it would be good to see some comradery.

It is bad tho' that they are charging for bands members family to attend. That for me is not good
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #2062 on: April 10, 2012, 05:28:02 PM »

I suppose this could be sort of bizarre and annoying for Axl. He is trying to push forward his current tour whereas this is pushing forward a reminder of the last 25 years.

Yep I agree totally.

Wouldn't it be amazing for Guns to announce a new album release date before the HOF to detract from all the BS and get the worlds attention right where it should be: the current Guns N' Roses

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #2063 on: April 10, 2012, 05:45:51 PM »

Yep I agree totally.

Wouldn't it be amazing for Guns to announce a new album release date before the HOF to detract from all the BS and get the worlds attention right where it should be: the current Guns N' Roses

Absofuckinglutely. In fact, it would be pretty badass to announce the new album right there after thanking the fans, HOF and past members for their great contributions. I would love it if Axl did that. Total fucking smack down. Also, where else could an announcement of the next album generate that kind of publicity? No where.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2064 on: April 10, 2012, 06:13:07 PM »

Yep I agree totally.

Nahhh...

Only TOUR 2012.. Kick Ass !@

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2065 on: April 10, 2012, 06:16:54 PM »

Slash:

Apr 10, 2012

Getting inducted is an honour, Slash admits, but he can?t help asking questions such as ?who is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and who says they can decide.?

He says he?s also uncomfortable that Guns N? Roses are in, when other great bands have yet to be honoured.

?When we got inducted, there?s a certain part of me that feels almost embarrassed because I see that endless list of worthy bands that came before Guns? N ?Roses, that were as, if not more, influential than Guns ?N Roses, that aren?t nominated so that gives you a sort of bittersweet sort of thing.?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/story/2012/04/10/q-interview-slash.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #2066 on: April 10, 2012, 06:18:47 PM »

Let Slash/Duff/Matt/Adler play a few with Myles singing or something.

Dont ever dare to include Myles Kennedy in a GNR related topic again. Not even as a joke. Please.

I can't wait for this event to be over so this thread will be over...

+1

Dizzy Reed's wife Lisa said in her FB profile, about the RARHOF
''Too much political sillyness. They want to charge diz $3000 a guest. For his family. Lame''

Wonder is Adler can afford to bring his mother  hihi

hihi

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
40oz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2067 on: April 10, 2012, 06:36:00 PM »

Do we at least get some video highlights sent to the media?  Who here is going and planning on providing a report?

Assuming there is a decent cell signal within the venue, I'll post a few updates throughout the night. Same goes for Friday night at Duff's gig if there is anything news worthy. (Adler showing up wasted doesn't count)
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2068 on: April 10, 2012, 07:41:20 PM »

Assuming there is a decent cell signal within the venue, I'll post a few updates throughout the night. Same goes for Friday night at Duff's gig if there is anything news worthy. (Adler showing up wasted doesn't count)

Thank Adler for all the help at getting everyone in the old band back together and making everyone feel really comfortable.  Maybe give him some drugs, so he doesn't show up at the HOF ceremony at all. 
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2069 on: April 10, 2012, 07:53:18 PM »

I'm quite surprise that the HOF charges $3000 for guests of the inductees. That's steep! If anything, they should be allowed in for free if it's a wife, girlfriend or kids.
40oz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2070 on: April 10, 2012, 08:36:38 PM »

I'm quite surprise that the HOF charges $3000 for guests of the inductees. That's steep! If anything, they should be allowed in for free if it's a wife, girlfriend or kids.

My guess is that each person gets a "+1 guest" for free.  Then they are likely charged if they want extra seats at the dining tables on the floor (pre-event dinner, red carpet, etc.) since those are typically $25,000-50,000 per table to non-inductees.  If they wanted to simply have additional people in the building, they could buy $400 tickets on EBay and StubHub.  Ha!

Maybe it is like pro sports...you always hear about athletes who coughed up big bucks for extra tickets to certain games so more family members cold attend.

But who the hell really knows?  The HOF is just another business trying to make more money after all.  Right or wrong, it is what it is.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #2071 on: April 10, 2012, 08:43:01 PM »

Thanks dude. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #2072 on: April 10, 2012, 09:05:57 PM »

Tickets on StubHun dipped to $200 + fees/ticket.  I think people are starting to come back to reality. 

Birk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2073 on: April 10, 2012, 09:38:37 PM »

Tickets on StubHun dipped to $200 + fees/ticket.  I think people are starting to come back to reality. 

Wow they sure did, but those are the back seats, well worth $300 i paid $500 for Section 54 Row C like 2 months ago, not on stubhub though.  Im glad they went down for people, the problem is, ALL hotels are booked for sure if you decide last minute to go.
Birk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2074 on: April 10, 2012, 09:41:20 PM »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-TICKETS-8th-ROW-ROCK-AND-ROLL-HALL-OF-FAME-INDUCTION-CONCERT-CLEVELAND-4-14-/261001498006?pt=US_Tickets_all_in_one&hash=item3cc4e6cd96

WOW Cant beat these seats for that price geesh,  all scalpers are dumping their tickets last minute like any other event.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #2075 on: April 10, 2012, 10:13:26 PM »

My guess is that each person gets a "+1 guest" for free. 

LOL, you are both wrong.  I am guessing neither of you have attended a charity or honoree dinner before.  Nothing is free.  To be honest it would not surprise me if the band had to pay to attend.  Its complete BS, but its how things work!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2076 on: April 10, 2012, 11:07:51 PM »

HOF = CIRCUS

hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #2077 on: April 11, 2012, 12:51:17 AM »

Duff has written an article in ESPN about it:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/thelife/music/news/story?id=7799013
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2078 on: April 11, 2012, 12:53:56 AM »

Wow they sure did, but those are the back seats, well worth $300 i paid $500 for Section 54 Row C like 2 months ago, not on stubhub though.  Im glad they went down for people, the problem is, ALL hotels are booked for sure if you decide last minute to go.
I just got a hotel room last week.  There were still available rooms.  Not sure about now though.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2079 on: April 11, 2012, 01:07:48 AM »

Duff has written an article in ESPN about it:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/thelife/music/news/story?id=7799013

Guns N' Roses: Appetite for induction

Some of you may know that my band Guns N' Roses will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this weekend in Cleveland. My editor has been hoping that somehow I could write about what this whole thing is like from the "inside."

Truthfully, it has been hard for me to find a good place from which to start and write such an article, head-space wise.

We are not a band anymore, and haven't been for some time. We are all still alive and well, but there has been some muddy water that has gone underneath the bridge. But water, muddy or otherwise, does indeed flow past and forever away, and I have nothing but the best of memories and highest level of love and admiration and feelings of brotherhood with all of those dudes. Seriously.

I was sent a sort of open letter addressed to us guys in GNR from a fella named Chris Gehert on behalf of "Worldwide Guns N' Roses Fans," and it sort of stopped me short. I will run it now in its entirety:

"Dear Guns N' Roses,

On Saturday April 14th 2012 you will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. This gave a great hope to every GNR fan on the planet for a one time reunion show. Our one and only chance to see the original lineup on stage together again, if only for five minutes. Something we've been told for years would never happen. Rumors swirled, the band denied, and the fans prayed. It will always be okay because you never promised us anything.

With less than 2 weeks before the induction, the fans are watching as our reunion hopes start to disappear like Marty McFly's family in a polaroid picture. Each day it seems like there is some new story about how there has been no communication, nobody knows what is required of them, nobody's talking, and nobody really seems to care.

We care.

It would be easy for you to just show up, accept the induction, spend a few awkward minutes together at a podium and not talk again until somebody's funeral. But this time we need more.

We are not trying to be selfish, God knows you have given us plenty of legendary songs, spectacular shows, and classic rock moments. You are sincerely the best rock band in the history of the world. All of your solo efforts and reincarnations of the group are awesome too.

Your music has inspired billions of people. Each one of you is still a fan inside. You loved Elton John, Aerosmith, Queen, Kiss, The Misfits, ELO and more. Please remember how great it feels to see your favorite band play.

We beg you to pick up the phone, grab your instruments, drag Izzy to Cleveland and play together.

You can make music history. Please do it. Give us one more memory. We deserve it.

We will continue to support you no matter what, but at the end of each concert Axl tells the crowd to "Not take ... from anyone." And that means ANYONE!

Sincerely,

Worldwide Guns N' Roses Fans."

And to this point: The one reason that I am going to Cleveland this weekend is not to savor in some polite accolade or because an award show is that important to me. I am going because I have realized how important this is all to those many, many fans that supported us and believed in us, and showed up for us in droves.

Music is not like sports, and hence, a Hall of Fame in music is almost a false pedestal to sit upon. There are no statistics in music and art. No band or artist is "better" than another. Music comes from a primal place. Thin air. Dreams. And a lot of really hard damn work.

No one worked harder than us back then, and we were very fortunate to have met each other in those dirty back alleys of Hollywood sometime in 1984. We meshed and wrote, created thunder and beauty, and parlayed our real-life experience into an album that somehow related to a whole angsty world that felt just like us right then and there. It was a brilliant time.

I, too, now hope that we can just play a couple of songs there, and just sort of throw the microphone down on the stage and walk off. The rock-and-roll world would be set ablaze once again ... and we could make a bunch of fans happy and sated to some degree.

But alas, I am only responsible for me, and can only speak for me. I have forgiven and forgotten. I have grown up and manned up. Part of me growing has been to realize I am powerless over others.

This whole deal, I hope, goes off without a hitch. I do hope we can achieve some grace in our acceptance. And I hope this grace, is enough, in the end, for the best rock and roll fans in the world. The Guns N' (f---ing) Roses fans.

-- Duff

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: