Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 01:28:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 495947 times)
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #1660 on: April 02, 2012, 04:38:57 PM »

To most fans, Slash is just as much a part of Guns N' Roses as Axl.
I understand that's tough to swallow for some people here, but it's reality.

Of course. His past association with GN'R is something he can't escape. Not an issue. Do you honestly think VR sold because of the music alone? No, it was "those guys from GN'R and that guy from STP".

The "issue" is. He has a new solo album coming out that he's allegedly out promoting, but the interviews are about GN'R with a bit about his solo album tacked onto them.

What is he promoting? The Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame? I don't think so. He claims he doesn't wanna talk about it.

But maybe he's too scared to say no because then nobody will talk about his new Snakep... solo album.

/jarmo

Also..

VR absolutely sold records on name alone, and doors were opened that wouldn't have been otherwise had they not been associated with GN'R and STP, no question.

That said, even if they put out incredible music (which I'm not saying they did) the GN'R and STP questions were never going to stop.
They put out at least one very successful record, and the questions didn't stop. They never would. Don't you think Slash and Scott would have loved for them to? You don't think Slash would love for people to be psyched on his new album? rather than ask him questions he's dodged/answered for years?

People have made up their minds. His new album is not going to be AFD. Axl's new album is not going to be UYI.
Right or wrong, people want classic Guns N' Roses. If they can't get a reunion, dirt on the split will suffice.

It's just reality, plain and simple.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1661 on: April 02, 2012, 04:52:48 PM »

he got inducted for AFD/UYI GN'R....and you say he isnt allowed to talk about his time in GN'R and the upcoming HOF event? come on!

Where did I say that?

I'm saying, if you wanna talk about it, go ahead. But why pretend like you don't wanna talk about it, then talk about it anyway while trying to promote your solo album?

I know, you don't see the difference in the different cases.

Besides, wasn't the idea of his book that he was gonna be done with talking about GN'R?  hihi

Oh right, not his fault. He gets asked about GN'R. The subject he doesn't wanna talk about. Roll Eyes

/jarmo

« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 04:54:20 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Derby Greg
Derby Tourism Ambassador
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1662 on: April 02, 2012, 04:57:00 PM »

Blah blah blah reunion nonsense, X hates me, talk about my new record but ask me about the past. Look at me, look at me, I used to play drums after the other guy after the other guy, buy my book, new guys are hacks....bile......vomit....throw up.

I hope Axl sends the guy who works for the guy who works at the Dry Cleaners.

GREG

2002 Leeds, London
2006 London Ham, Download, London W'ley
2010 Montreal, Toronto, Reading, Dublin
2011 Rio, Arg
2012 Bham,London x2,Rotterdam, Paris,Vegasx3
2013 NYCx2
2016 Vegasx2, NYCx2, CR
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1663 on: April 02, 2012, 05:15:08 PM »

The ones who have done the least talking: Axl and Izzy.

The rest are going on and on about it without knowing anything. What's the point?

If it would happen, it would happen. If not, then it won't.

Simple as that.

Nobody even bothered to figure out if everybody is interested in attending. It's been assumed. Now we hear Izzy might not be there. For example.

And people still talk about the magical mystery reunion?

Remember when Adler was playing a show in L.A. and it was supposed to be a big reunion thing? Nobody bothered to find out that not all of them were gonna attend...

Seems like Axl and Izzy has the right idea. Don't talk about it. Let the press write what they want and guess.

When you got something to say, then you say it.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 05:18:32 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1664 on: April 02, 2012, 05:17:37 PM »

hard to let the GN'R stuff go when just being inducted for the HOF cause of Guns, doesnt happen every year in lifetime, huh?!

you can see it different aswell: at least somebody/he IS talking about...others dont but most likely will follow all the talking and copy/paste stuff for being able to use it for their own agenda afterwards Roll Eyes

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1665 on: April 02, 2012, 05:23:12 PM »

hard to let the GN'R stuff go when just being inducted for the HOF cause of Guns, doesnt happen every year in lifetime, huh?!

Man, you really don't get it.

I never said he has to let it go. Seriously.

Is my English that difficult to understand?

I said, talk. It's ok! Talk until you lose your voice. But don't pretend like you don't want to!

you can see it different aswell: at least somebody/he IS talking about...others dont but most likely will follow all the talking and copy/paste stuff for being able to use it for their own agenda afterwards Roll Eyes

Boohoo.

I'm glad you're happy with hearing exactly what you already know. Does it make you feel good?

"God damn! Slash just said what I already knew! I feel so knowledgeable now! Hooray!"

You and I could say the same things these guys are saying.

"I don't know what's gonna happen".
See, It's not that difficult!

How many variations of that do you need to hear?

Maybe afterward, you'll hear the good old "I didn't know what was gonna happen until it happened, or didn't happen!".

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 05:24:48 PM by jarmo » Logged

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1666 on: April 02, 2012, 05:43:47 PM »

you also just made fun of his book  Wink

weeks ago we didnt have any info about that they dont even communicate, how they feel about the HOF or who definately wants to go there! i'd rather take that info than NO info, as simply as that. i'd like to hear ALL sides of the inducted members about how they'd like to have it done and thankfully have heard most of them for now. as a fan -also of their personalities- its just some nice update to read. and i'm enlightened enough to see that when being on a promotional tour or doing several interviews there repeatedly will be some of the same/similar questions and answers, exspecially before a once in a lifetime event like the HOF, so what? you just take those multiple replies to build up more of the anti-Slash agenda.

Re-Union time, baby!!
molinari
Opening Act

« Reply #1667 on: April 02, 2012, 05:48:02 PM »

DJ is talking about the same things over and over again as well, both of them have every right to do so, i dont get why cant slash promote himself with this HOF thing, its reasonable.

Also Izzy and Axl are hard to get a interview with, Slash is press friendly so there u go, lots of interviews.

Why cant we just be happy for it, its not like Slash is saying he wants a reunion or something , no one said that. Its just us, fans, talking, predicting, hoping or not for this.

Let them talk, the more Guns in press the better, we have tour coming up, its not gonna promote itself. Im just happy for this event, no matter what, it will be entertaining.

I got my tickets for Guns show this summer, gonna buy Slash new record, why do it have to be one guy or another? We are getting twice more music.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1668 on: April 02, 2012, 05:51:54 PM »

you just take those multiple replies to build up more of the anti-Slash agenda.

What agenda? I think it's "weird" to act the way some former members act.

You only need to read one interview to realize how ridiculous it is. I don't wanna talk about it and I know nothing, but I'll talk about it since you asked.

Seriously.

I'm happy for you, that you're excited to hear them talk about nothing. Good for you.

No info is exactly what we have.

Except some are happy to talk about that no info. Some people can talk about a blank piece of paper, others just see a blank piece of paper and think it's self explanatory.  hihi

DJ is talking about the same things over and over again as well

What? A GN'R member talks about GN'R? No way!

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 06:06:54 PM by jarmo » Logged

Judas Fuckin Priest
Headliner

« Reply #1669 on: April 02, 2012, 05:52:46 PM »

It's a pity that Izzy won't show up, I was very exited to see the most wondefull guitar players that Guns had.

At least we'll see Slash, Duff and Steven getting that great honor, they deserve it.  peace
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1670 on: April 02, 2012, 06:07:30 PM »

It was the biggest letdown-I'm a fan of Slash and Guns, Slash does a million interviews, I don't read all of them-he does promotion, shows, when an album of his comes out-I would have gladly taken this in 2008, and Axl could have talked about Slash, politics, sports, and I would not have pointed out "lies" or anything.

Blah blah blah. What the fuck does this have to do with 2008?

Guns N' Roses has been touring the world since 2009. Does it bother you?

There's a difference in telling people you have a new "book" out, or video game, or album and using your old band's publicity to do so while claiming you don't wanna do it.

I'm glad he has a new Snakepit album to promote with the guy singing that was in a band with the guys who were in a band with that Jesus wanna be. Good for him!

/jarmo

The lack of promotion bothered me in 2008, just like Tommy and Axl have mentioned in interviews in the past year, yes.

libertad
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #1671 on: April 02, 2012, 07:44:02 PM »

Man, you really don't get it.

I never said he has to let it go. Seriously.

Is my English that difficult to understand?

I said, talk. It's ok! Talk until you lose your voice. But don't pretend like you don't want to!

He doesn't want to. Here's the flaw in your logic: just be Slash knows that HOF talk gives him publicity, doesn't mean he WANTS to talk about it.he knows he HAS to talk about it, but I believe he genuinely doesn't want to. Your conspiracy theory of slash secretly pretending to hate the GnR questions doesnt match up with the facts. He is clearly exasperated and over the same fucking questions which he has no answer to, and he gives short almost identical replies each time. And His publicist has clearly said stuff is off limits before.

If he REALLY wanted publicity from purely guns, we would see headlines like "SLASH CALLS NEW GUNS A BUNCH OF HACKS" (like a certain someone) or "SLASH DREAMS ONE DAY AXL WILL FORGIVE HIM" with feature length interviews.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1672 on: April 02, 2012, 07:48:46 PM »

He only has to talk about it so he doesn't annoy the press and they'll write about his solo album. Wink

/jarmo

volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #1673 on: April 02, 2012, 08:36:34 PM »

/jarmo

Indeed. This does not surprise me one bit. Honestly Saul and Adler are pathetic and Sorum is like a little puppy dog following everybody else.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #1674 on: April 02, 2012, 08:41:01 PM »

slash and sorum to play.   with donovan!:

Former GUNS N' ROSES star Matt Sorum has revealed he and bandmate Slash have offered to perform with Donovan at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony this month (Apr12).

As hopes for a reunion of a the classic Guns N' Roses line-up at the gala appear to fade, the Velvet Revolver rocker claims he and guitarist Slash still could be onstage at the Cleveland, Ohio event.

Sorum insists he will be at the party and he has offered to join British folk star Donovan, who is also being inducted as part of the class of 2012, onstage.

My posts all have hidden messages.  It's your job to find it.
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #1675 on: April 02, 2012, 08:41:59 PM »

/jarmo

Indeed. This does not surprise me one bit. Honestly Saul and Adler are pathetic and Sorum is like a little puppy dog following everybody else.

trolls ruin these threads.

My posts all have hidden messages.  It's your job to find it.
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #1676 on: April 02, 2012, 08:45:09 PM »

/jarmo

trolls ruin these threads.

Troll? LOL

I'm a Guns N' Roses fan. You strike me as a fan of something that existed 20 years ago 
Who is the troll now? hihi

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1677 on: April 02, 2012, 08:45:48 PM »

It's nice to know how people talk about "Saul", Adler, and the pathetic Sorum-I'll be in Cleveland watching them inducted.

libertad
Birk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1678 on: April 02, 2012, 08:46:08 PM »

/jarmo

Slash likes to talk, i recently LIKED his fb page, actually maybe 4 days ago just to see what he posts, and he posts nonstop like a teenager, and im not surprised.  He did Sweet Child with Fergie for christs sake, come on thats shit was horrible.
Birk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1679 on: April 02, 2012, 08:47:01 PM »

It's nice to know how people talk about "Saul", Adler, and the pathetic Sorum-I'll be in Cleveland watching them inducted.

I will be there to man, you going to see Duff at the HOB?
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: