Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:30:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 495838 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1640 on: April 02, 2012, 01:13:57 PM »

The only thing Slash said was that he didn't know what was going on with the HOF and that Axl hates his guts. I don't really see the "lies" there.

The remark was about the past.

People are upset when Axl comments on things that have been said about him and GN'R in the past.

"Oh but Axl talks about Slash too". No shit.

It's funny how the people who complain about Slash promoting an album are the same people who complain about the lack or promotion for Chinese Democracy when it came out. It would have been nice to see some of it in 2008.

You mean it's funny when you have a solo album to promote, but you spend time talking about something you claim you don't wanna talk about which has nothing to do with your solo album?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1641 on: April 02, 2012, 01:19:24 PM »

I read an interview recently (it's on one of these threads somewhere) where the writer said he was asked by Slash's publicist not to ask about Axl or a GNR reunion. Then the writer ended up asking about the HOF and what was going to happen which is like asking about a GNR reunion in a roundabout way. Slash was polite and answered the question (basically repeating for the hundredth time he didn't know what was going down). It's kind of a no-win situation. If you say "don't ask me about the HOF" you just look ungrateful.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1642 on: April 02, 2012, 01:21:23 PM »

Axl has done interviews where the interviewer (Eddie Trunk, ect.) was told ahead of time not to ask questions about the old lineup ahead of time-what's the difference? Axl probably said ahead of time I don't want to talk about the old lineup but changes his mind.

libertad
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1643 on: April 02, 2012, 01:21:50 PM »

I read an interview recently (it's on one of these threads somewhere) where the writer said he was asked by Slash's publicist not to ask about Axl or a GNR reunion. Then the writer ended up asking about the HOF and what was going to happen which is like asking about a GNR reunion in a roundabout way. Slash was polite and answered the question (basically repeating for the hundredth time he didn't know what was going down). It's kind of a no-win situation. If you say "don't ask me about the HOF" you just look ungrateful.

Thank you.

libertad
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #1644 on: April 02, 2012, 01:25:41 PM »

Funny, Axl brings up Slash in all his interviews, and that's ok.

It's ok because it's Axl's side. Something we often don't get to hear.

Maybe that's not really a problem to those who are happy with getting the same lies repeated year after year from the same people and are happy with that.

/jarmo

That's the soap opera side that I'm not interested in.
I'm not naive enough to think I know which one is lying, and I really couldn't care less.
I don't know Slash or Axl personally, just hope to hear something interesting about their plans to make music.

I think people get way too caught up in stuff that really doesn't concern them.

Axl's interviews haven't exactly been edge of your seat events either.
TOS--LOA
Headliner

But I love the swing-set..

« Reply #1645 on: April 02, 2012, 01:41:31 PM »

It's funny how the people who complain about Slash promoting an album are the same people who complain about the lack or promotion for Chinese Democracy when it came out. It would have been nice to see some of it in 2008.

I was just thinking that today. Excellent point.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1646 on: April 02, 2012, 01:50:10 PM »

I was just thinking that today. Excellent point.

It was the biggest letdown-I'm a fan of Slash and Guns, Slash does a million interviews, I don't read all of them-he does promotion, shows, when an album of his comes out-I would have gladly taken this in 2008, and Axl could have talked about Slash, politics, sports, and I would not have pointed out "lies" or anything.

libertad
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1647 on: April 02, 2012, 03:01:26 PM »

SLASH - Welcome To His Jungle

March 23, 2012

You gotta wonder what his mood will be like given the fact that the publicist says not to bring up any questions regarding the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame and Axl Rose.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=64033.0

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1648 on: April 02, 2012, 03:02:24 PM »

It was the biggest letdown-I'm a fan of Slash and Guns, Slash does a million interviews, I don't read all of them-he does promotion, shows, when an album of his comes out-I would have gladly taken this in 2008, and Axl could have talked about Slash, politics, sports, and I would not have pointed out "lies" or anything.

Blah blah blah. What the fuck does this have to do with 2008?

Guns N' Roses has been touring the world since 2009. Does it bother you?

There's a difference in telling people you have a new "book" out, or video game, or album and using your old band's publicity to do so while claiming you don't wanna do it.

I'm glad he has a new Snakepit album to promote with the guy singing that was in a band with the guys who were in a band with that Jesus wanna be. Good for him!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1649 on: April 02, 2012, 03:08:10 PM »

SLASH - Welcome To His Jungle

March 23, 2012

You gotta wonder what his mood will be like given the fact that the publicist says not to bring up any questions regarding the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame and Axl Rose.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=64033.0

Ok, I stand corrected. It says he was told not to bring up the HOF thing and it sounds like the interviewer might have asked anyway.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #1650 on: April 02, 2012, 03:11:33 PM »

I came on here to check the Hall of Fame thread and all i see

Blah Blah Blah slash Blah Blah 2008 Blah Blah 2006 Blah Blah Blah he said she said Blah Blah  confused confused

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1651 on: April 02, 2012, 03:23:10 PM »

whoever attends and is willing to play should just go for it, if some members dont want to play....so what, shouldnt stop the other willing people to perform and jam a little.

indeed,
place at least 10-15 marshall amps on stage and an Engl just in case.
A few bassamps... at least 4-5 drum kits.
few mics for who ever wants to sing leads and backing.

and who ever attends the RnRHOF and wan't to jam only has to pick his guitar and plug it in.
all star band... what else do you want.

you're not funny. but i'll explain it for you: just the 7 members, this means:

1x bass amp, 2x guitar amps, 1x drumkit (Steven/Matt switching), 1x main mic, ~2 back up mics, 1x keyboard

....not too hard to set this up and i'm sure the HOF people will have this on stage just in case the Guns (ex-)members decide to do smth. (last minute). doing the set-up all members at least have the chance to perform/jam a little - if they decide to do so. and if some members dont attend and/or dont wanna perform, so what, the willing performers at least can jam with some others if they like to do so.

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1652 on: April 02, 2012, 03:25:53 PM »

if some members dont attend and/or dont wanna perform, so what, the willing performers at least can jam with some others if they like to do so.

I thought the whole point of this wet dream for some, was the reunion of the AFD5?

Now it's a jam session with Steven, Matt and Slash? Possibly Duff?

/jarmo

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1653 on: April 02, 2012, 03:34:24 PM »

the jam session is not a dream, its a chance for the 7x inducted (ex-)members to perform smth. if they like to do so. if some of them feel it'd be nice to jam a little....the chance should remain, even if others dont wanna perform. free choice, ya know?

and i've mentioned a keyboard aswell, Mr. Jarmo. and i'm hell sure a main mic will be there, too  Wink

Re-Union time, baby!!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1654 on: April 02, 2012, 03:50:49 PM »

the jam session is not a dream, its a chance for the 7x inducted (ex-)members to perform smth. if they like to do so. if some of them feel it'd be nice to jam a little....the chance should remain, even if others dont wanna perform. free choice, ya know?

and i've mentioned a keyboard aswell, Mr. Jarmo. and i'm hell sure a main mic will be there, too  Wink

Who the hell is going to sing?

LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #1655 on: April 02, 2012, 04:13:40 PM »

Blah blah blah. What the fuck does this have to do with 2008?

Guns N' Roses has been touring the world since 2009. Does it bother you?

There's a difference in telling people you have a new "book" out, or video game, or album and using your old band's publicity to do so while claiming you don't wanna do it.

I'm glad he has a new Snakepit album to promote with the guy singing that was in a band with the guys who were in a band with that Jesus wanna be. Good for him!

/jarmo

To most fans, Slash is just as much a part of Guns N' Roses as Axl.
I understand that's tough to swallow for some people here, but it's reality.

What is the first thing you think of when you see Slash(I know I'm lobbing in a beach ball here, have at it, haha)?
The answer to most people though is Guns N ' Roses. Naturally the same thing would happen if roles were reversed.

If Axl decided one day to form a band other than Guns N' Roses, he would be bombarded with the same exact questions.

Would interviewers give a shit about his new side project? Sure, they'd pretend to for 2 or 3 questions, and then they would ask how the reunion is coming.
Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1656 on: April 02, 2012, 04:16:04 PM »

Who the hell is going to sing?

Bieber!

CD will be out when it's out. ....
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1657 on: April 02, 2012, 04:20:43 PM »

Of course. His past association with GN'R is something he can't escape. Not an issue. Do you honestly think VR sold because of the music alone? No, it was "those guys from GN'R and that guy from STP".

The "issue" is. He has a new solo album coming out that he's allegedly out promoting, but the interviews are about GN'R with a bit about his solo album tacked onto them.

What is he promoting? The Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame? I don't think so. He claims he doesn't wanna talk about it.

But maybe he's too scared to say no because then nobody will talk about his new Snakep... solo album.

/jarmo

LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #1658 on: April 02, 2012, 04:29:53 PM »

Of course. His past association with GN'R is something he can't escape. Not an issue. Do you honestly think VR sold because of the music alone? No, it was "those guys from GN'R and that guy from STP".

The "issue" is. He has a new solo album coming out that he's allegedly out promoting, but the interviews are about GN'R with a bit about his solo album tacked onto them.

What is he promoting? The Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame? I don't think so. He claims he doesn't wanna talk about it.

But maybe he's too scared to say no because then nobody will talk about his new Snakep... solo album.

/jarmo

I liken the interview process to player postgame interviews in the MLB, NBA etc.
No one really wants to do it, but it's part of the business. Slash isn't technically mandated to do it, but it doesn't make much business sense in this day and age especially to put out an album with no promotion.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1659 on: April 02, 2012, 04:30:39 PM »

he got inducted for AFD/UYI GN'R....and you say he isnt allowed to talk about his time in GN'R and the upcoming HOF event? come on!

Re-Union time, baby!!
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: