Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:32:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 495843 times)
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #1620 on: April 02, 2012, 03:04:41 AM »

they should honor every single member and that greatest hits list is all jacked up

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
Prucc
Rocker

One in a Million

« Reply #1621 on: April 02, 2012, 08:11:23 AM »

Matt Sorum tweeted about four hours ago and said:

"@mattsorum: Look forward to a kickass week. Good things coming down the pike. Manifest your dreams my friends."

Could this be Rock and Roll HOF related?

12.03.02: Hartford
05.17.06: New York
11.08.06: Worcester
11.19.11: Hartford
04.14.12: Cleveland
07.23.16: East Rutherford
07.20.17: New York
10.11.17: New York
08.21.23: Boston
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #1622 on: April 02, 2012, 08:17:11 AM »

"@mattsorum: Look forward to a kickass week. Good things coming down the pike. Manifest your dreams my friends."

Its not this week though?
Prucc
Rocker

One in a Million

« Reply #1623 on: April 02, 2012, 08:32:07 AM »

Maybe some sort of rehearsals this week?

12.03.02: Hartford
05.17.06: New York
11.08.06: Worcester
11.19.11: Hartford
04.14.12: Cleveland
07.23.16: East Rutherford
07.20.17: New York
10.11.17: New York
08.21.23: Boston
T-Bone
Opening Act

« Reply #1624 on: April 02, 2012, 08:44:23 AM »

His tweet 5 hours previous says they're rehearsing this week for that Gene Simmons South American freakshow. Safe to say that Matt's dreams differ from those of his twitter followers.
new gnr fan
Headliner

« Reply #1625 on: April 02, 2012, 10:11:10 AM »

The weeks before the HOF are like a bad movie. Everyone wanna blame the other, but at the end, nobody wanna be the guilty one.

枪和玫瑰 中國民主
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1626 on: April 02, 2012, 11:17:49 AM »

Slash: 'Axl Rose Hates My Guts'

Guitarist explains why Guns N' Roses won't perform at their Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction

By Andy Greene
April 2, 2012 11:10 AM ET

When Guns N' Roses get inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on April 14th, nobody knows exactly what else will happen ? including Slash. "This is a subject I'm dead sick of talking about," the guitarist says. "Everyone has been asking me what's going to happen, and they know as much as I do. I feel you're totally obligated to be present and I would love to fucking play, but it's just something that's not gonna happen for whatever reason."

Slash, bassist Duff McKagan and drummer Steven Adler are all committed to going to the Cleveland ceremony, but it's unclear whether guitarist Izzy Stradlin or Axl Rose will be present. One sticking point for Axl may be the presence of Slash, whom he called a "cancer" in 2009.

"He hates my guts," says Slash. It's over a lot of different stuff; I don't even know. There's just no communication between us. I talk to Duff and Steven, but when it comes to old Guns N' Roses, there really isn't anybody that makes decisions."

Slash recently patched up his troubles with former Velvet Revolver frontman Scott Weiland, to the point where the group was able to reform for a four-song set at a Los Angeles charity concert in January. "It was great to see Scott," says Slash. "I hadn't seen him in a while. He sang great, and afterwards we all shook hands and took off."

Besides that one-off show, Velvet Revolver have been completely inactive since Scott Weiland quit in 2008. "We've been looking for singers and we talk on a regular basis," says Slash. "Every so often, Duff and I get together behind the scenes, reconvene and audition people and so on. So it's still active."

The rehearsals have been conducted largely in secret, though the fact that they considered Slipsknot's Corey Taylor did leak to the press. "There was a rehearsal with Corey," says Slash. "It was a songwriting session and nothing really came of it. It's more my fault than anybody's because I was like, 'I don't know if this is the right thing.' Corey is obviously a fucking awesome frontman and he's a great singer, but it's just a different style than what I had in mind for Velvet. I was the odd man out on that one."

In the meantime, Slash is focused on his new solo album Apocalyptic Love, which hits shelves on May 22nd. Unlike his 2010 debut Slash, which was recorded with a rotating cast of all-star singers, Alter Bridge's Myles Kennedy sings on every track on the LP. They first met just a few years ago, when Kennedy was recruited to sing a track on Slash. The guitarist called him up when he learned that Kennedy had auditioned to sing on Led Zeppelin's planned (but ultimately aborted) 2008 tour. "I was like, 'This guy's gotta be fucking good,'" says Slash. "Jimmy Page was calling him up!"

In 2010, Slash went on a grueling world tour with Kennedy, bassist Todd Kerns and Brent Fitz. "I didn't know any of them at the time," says Slash. "It turned out to be this one in a million thing. They were one of the most bitching rock and roll bands and groups of musicians that I'd ever worked with. So I thought, 'Fuck, if I'm gonna make another record, I'll just do it with these guys.' And that's what happened." The group wrote the songs for Apocalyptic Love during downtime from the tour. "If I had any ideas, I would record them in the middle of the night in my hotel room or bus," says Slash. "I would e-mail them to Myles, and either in sound check or in the dressing room or whatever, we'd start honing in on some of these ideas. By the end of the tour we'd have, like, 20 songs." They recorded the album in late 2011 and early this year, after Kennedy finished up a tour with Alter Bridge. "He's got a great work ethic," says Slash. "He doesn't know what to do with himself when he's not busy."

The group kicks off an American tour this May, and if their March 23rd warm-up show in Toronto was any indication, expect a lot of Guns N' Roses classics mixed in with solo material and cuts from Velvet Revolver and Slash's Snakepit. "There's a lot of Guns stuff that has so many lyrics per measure that it's not worth getting into," says Slash. "Some stuff is very signature Guns, to the point where I don't want to go there. We know 'Welcome To The Jungle,' we played it before, but I don't feel comfortable doing it. But there's other Guns standards that I really feel at ease playing every night. It's the same with Velvet Revolver."

After going through extremely tumultuous breakups with Guns N' Roses and Velvet Revolver, Slash is thrilled to be in a group that functions peacefully. "I didn't know it could be as easy as this, because it just really hadn't ever been like that for me," says Slash. "The inspiration for me to play and go out and kick ass every night is very strong with these guys. That's all anybody wants to do. So the hassles of the road are totally tolerable when there's not a lot of unnecessary baggage that we have to navigate every fucking day."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/slash-axl-rose-hates-my-guts-20120402#ixzz1qteDggGP
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1627 on: April 02, 2012, 12:14:42 PM »

Nah, I'm sure he's referring to some project he's doing with his stupid girlfriend.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1628 on: April 02, 2012, 12:24:03 PM »

Guitarist explains why Guns N' Roses won't perform at their Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction

By Andy Greene
April 2, 2012 11:10 AM ET

When Guns N' Roses get inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on April 14th, nobody knows exactly what else will happen ? including Slash. "This is a subject I'm dead sick of talking about," the guitarist says. "Everyone has been asking me what's going to happen, and they know as much as I do. I feel you're totally obligated to be present and I would love to fucking play, but it's just something that's not gonna happen for whatever reason."

Slash, bassist Duff McKagan and drummer Steven Adler are all committed to going to the Cleveland ceremony, but it's unclear whether guitarist Izzy Stradlin or Axl Rose will be present. One sticking point for Axl may be the presence of Slash, whom he called a "cancer" in 2009.

"He hates my guts," says Slash. It's over a lot of different stuff; I don't even know. There's just no communication between us. I talk to Duff and Steven, but when it comes to old Guns N' Roses, there really isn't anybody that makes decisions."

Slash recently patched up his troubles with former Velvet Revolver frontman Scott Weiland, to the point where the group was able to reform for a four-song set at a Los Angeles charity concert in January. "It was great to see Scott," says Slash. "I hadn't seen him in a while. He sang great, and afterwards we all shook hands and took off."

Besides that one-off show, Velvet Revolver have been completely inactive since Scott Weiland quit in 2008. "We've been looking for singers and we talk on a regular basis," says Slash. "Every so often, Duff and I get together behind the scenes, reconvene and audition people and so on. So it's still active."

The rehearsals have been conducted largely in secret, though the fact that they considered Slipsknot's Corey Taylor did leak to the press. "There was a rehearsal with Corey," says Slash. "It was a songwriting session and nothing really came of it. It's more my fault than anybody's because I was like, 'I don't know if this is the right thing.' Corey is obviously a fucking awesome frontman and he's a great singer, but it's just a different style than what I had in mind for Velvet. I was the odd man out on that one."

In the meantime, Slash is focused on his new solo album Apocalyptic Love, which hits shelves on May 22nd. Unlike his 2010 debut Slash, which was recorded with a rotating cast of all-star singers, Alter Bridge's Myles Kennedy sings on every track on the LP. They first met just a few years ago, when Kennedy was recruited to sing a track on Slash. The guitarist called him up when he learned that Kennedy had auditioned to sing on Led Zeppelin's planned (but ultimately aborted) 2008 tour. "I was like, 'This guy's gotta be fucking good,'" says Slash. "Jimmy Page was calling him up!"

In 2010, Slash went on a grueling world tour with Kennedy, bassist Todd Kerns and Brent Fitz. "I didn't know any of them at the time," says Slash. "It turned out to be this one in a million thing. They were one of the most bitching rock and roll bands and groups of musicians that I'd ever worked with. So I thought, 'Fuck, if I'm gonna make another record, I'll just do it with these guys.' And that's what happened." The group wrote the songs for Apocalyptic Love during downtime from the tour. "If I had any ideas, I would record them in the middle of the night in my hotel room or bus," says Slash. "I would e-mail them to Myles, and either in sound check or in the dressing room or whatever, we'd start honing in on some of these ideas. By the end of the tour we'd have, like, 20 songs." They recorded the album in late 2011 and early this year, after Kennedy finished up a tour with Alter Bridge. "He's got a great work ethic," says Slash. "He doesn't know what to do with himself when he's not busy."

The group kicks off an American tour this May, and if their March 23rd warm-up show in Toronto was any indication, expect a lot of Guns N' Roses classics mixed in with solo material and cuts from Velvet Revolver and Slash's Snakepit. "There's a lot of Guns stuff that has so many lyrics per measure that it's not worth getting into," says Slash. "Some stuff is very signature Guns, to the point where I don't want to go there. We know 'Welcome To The Jungle,' we played it before, but I don't feel comfortable doing it. But there's other Guns standards that I really feel at ease playing every night. It's the same with Velvet Revolver."

After going through extremely tumultuous breakups with Guns N' Roses and Velvet Revolver, Slash is thrilled to be in a group that functions peacefully. "I didn't know it could be as easy as this, because it just really hadn't ever been like that for me," says Slash. "The inspiration for me to play and go out and kick ass every night is very strong with these guys. That's all anybody wants to do. So the hassles of the road are totally tolerable when there's not a lot of unnecessary baggage that we have to navigate every fucking day."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/slash-axl-rose-hates-my-guts-20120402#ixzz1qteDggGP

I think it's pretty obvious that Axl is not particularly fond of Slash Smiley  But, I find it kind of funny that the writer had said he heard Axl was going to be there, but now it's "unclear". 

Ali
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #1629 on: April 02, 2012, 12:25:50 PM »

Took him awhile to figure that one out?  hihi

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1630 on: April 02, 2012, 12:30:09 PM »

"This is a subject I'm dead sick of talking about," the guitarist says. "

Yet he spends a lot of time talking about it while promoting his solo album.

Business as usual in other words.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #1631 on: April 02, 2012, 12:32:50 PM »

/jarmo

You sound suprised  hihi

We all know he rides the GNR name to help promote his pathetic solo "albums"

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1632 on: April 02, 2012, 12:41:30 PM »

/jarmo

Is he supposed to ignore the question or give a no comment? I mean he's promoting the album so unfortunately reporters are gonna ask these questions. They all get the same questions. It just seems like hes getting them more because he is actually out promoting something.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1633 on: April 02, 2012, 12:45:13 PM »

/jarmo

Is he supposed to ignore the question or give a no comment? I mean he's promoting the album so unfortunately reporters are gonna ask these questions. They all get the same questions. It just seems like hes getting them more because he is actually out promoting something.

In all fairness, any journalist interviewing Slash today would ask him nothing but Hall of Fame questions, I know I would.  So Slash is being baited into speaking about it.

That said, if Slash wanted the HOF to be off limits all he has to do is have his management or himself request that pre interview and those questions wouldn't get asked, happens all the time.  He is not doing that, therefore he is hardly trying to avoid it.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1634 on: April 02, 2012, 12:50:02 PM »

That's too bad...

MATT SORUM Says IZZY STRADLIN Isn't Planning On Attending GN'R ROCK HALL Induction - Apr. 2, 2012

We're now just two weeks away from GUNS N' ROSES being inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, and still, no one really knows if the original lineup of the band will perform together at the event. VH1 Radio Network's Dave Basner recently chatted with drummer Matt Sorum, who replaced Steven Adler behind the kit in 1990, and asked what he expects from the ceremony.

?Well, I don't expect really anything to happen," he said. "I think we're gonna go and accept the award, is what it's looking like. If anything, I might play drums with [fellow inductee] Donovan. I offered my services to Donovan because I played with him one time before and 'Hurdy Gurdy Man' was a song he recorded that John Bonham played drums on and Jimmy Page was the guitar player and I offered Donovan that me and Slash could play that maybe, but I haven't heard back if he wants us to do it or not.?

Since no one yet knows what is happening, VH1 Radio Network asked Matt why he can't just call singer Axl Rose and find out.

"I thought about it, but, you know, I don't think I'm the guy to do it," he said. "I asked Slash if he would do it, and Slash's answer to me was that he spoke to [guitarist] Izzy [Stradlin] and Izzy wasn't planning on coming. So I think that was like, if Izzy's not going to come and it's not all the original guys, then it doesn't make sense. I'm not sure, man. Like I said, I'm just going to go and obviously Steven's gonna be there, so I always thought, if they were going to play, they'll probably do 'Appetite' stuff and if they wanted me to play on something off 'Use Your Illusion', I would be happy to do that. If it was a perfect scenario, I would say the track list should go something like this: Go up there and play 'Welcome To The Jungle', play 'Sweet Child O' Mine', and then finish it up with 'November Rain'."

Speculation had been running rampant about a reunion ever since it was announced in December that GUNS would be inducted at the April 14 ceremony in Cleveland.

Rose himself ? who, by all accounts, will never perform again with Slash ? remained ambivalent about the situation, although Slash recently said in an interview that the original lineup was definitely not performing at the event.

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=172113

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1635 on: April 02, 2012, 12:51:22 PM »

Funny, Axl brings up Slash in all his interviews, and that's ok.

libertad
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #1636 on: April 02, 2012, 12:55:03 PM »

2 different people with totally different ways of going about their profession.
Axl chooses to do as he pleases, and doesn't "play the game" so to speak.
He's earned that right. I don't think it's any more or less admirable than what Slash is doing.

Slash doesn't have the luxury of the Guns N' Roses title on his ticket stub or album.

He's made a name for himself all the same, but he's his label, he's the promoter, he doesn't have people doing the dirty work for him.
He's been very productive post GN'R. I'm glad he has albums to promote.

Most of the interviews aren't riveting because the same questions are asked over and over, but that's what most GN'R fans want to hear, right or wrong. They wouldn't be doing their jobs if they didn't ask.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1637 on: April 02, 2012, 01:06:06 PM »

Funny, Axl brings up Slash in all his interviews, and that's ok.

It's ok because it's Axl's side. Something we often don't get to hear.

Maybe that's not really a problem to those who are happy with getting the same lies repeated year after year from the same people and are happy with that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1638 on: April 02, 2012, 01:06:36 PM »

It's funny how the people who complain about Slash promoting an album are the same people who complain about the lack or promotion for Chinese Democracy when it came out. It would have been nice to see some of it in 2008.

libertad
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1639 on: April 02, 2012, 01:11:40 PM »

The only thing Slash said was that he didn't know what was going on with the HOF and that Axl hates his guts. I don't really see the "lies" there.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: