Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 09:28:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 495788 times)
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1600 on: March 31, 2012, 03:49:38 PM »

indeed,
place at least 10-15 marshall amps on stage and an Engl just in case.
A few bassamps... at least 4-5 drum kits.
few mics for who ever wants to sing leads and backing.

and who ever attends the RnRHOF and wan't to jam only has to pick his guitar and plug it in.
all star band... what else do you want.

Would love to see Buckethead show up out of nowhere>

libertad
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #1601 on: March 31, 2012, 05:16:45 PM »

2 weeks away from the day i've been waiting 15 years for.  not sure what will become of my life afterwards, but i'm gonna enjoy the ride for now.

My posts all have hidden messages.  It's your job to find it.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #1602 on: March 31, 2012, 07:06:05 PM »

Sure I at one point wouldn't mind seeing the original guys play one more time, but not with this bullshit aggravation that is going along with it anymore, cry me a fucking river D, and or others if you didn't get to see the band back then oh well, I seriously can care less, move on move forward!

Exactly.  I will actually be sitting here LMFAO if Steven runs up there by himself looking like a fool jamming out while Axl looks on.  Honestly, if I was a promoter or had anything to do with this event, I would not let that man anywhere near the stage because he just cannot be trusted.  Steven is worse than the worst fanboy on this site pining for the past and sadly, he threw it away.  No one else.  He should be looking in a mirror instead of lashing out all over. 

I am not against an old member jam but you know Steven would take it too far and then he would never shut up after---making it into something it is not.  Even if Axl didn't want to do it (and I am thinking he doesn't), it would be cool if Slash, Duff and Matt did something.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1603 on: March 31, 2012, 08:13:37 PM »

I think it would be cool if Slash stood up there and apologized to Axl for stuff he said about him post GNR

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #1604 on: March 31, 2012, 09:20:33 PM »

indeed,

and who ever attends the RnRHOF and wan't to jam only has to pick his guitar and plug it in.

That would be EPIC! hihi

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1605 on: March 31, 2012, 09:40:38 PM »

I would like it if they all went up there and started crying like a bunch of sissies.
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #1606 on: March 31, 2012, 10:06:44 PM »

I would like it if they all went up there and started crying like a bunch of sissies.

if the original 5 show up, i'll be crying on my couch like a sissy.

My posts all have hidden messages.  It's your job to find it.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #1607 on: March 31, 2012, 10:26:44 PM »

if the original 5 show up, i'll be crying on my couch like a sissy.

hihi  Love it!

To everyone here - we have two more weeks of this here, you know that, right?  Two more weeks of discussion and speculation and arguin...oh wait, no one argues around here.  Whatever happens, I just hope they don't all embarrass themselves.  Like I've said before, have some dignity and do it right.  I'd love it if they'd play, but if they don't, they don't.  At least show up and accept the award with grace. 
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #1608 on: March 31, 2012, 10:35:08 PM »

Since it comes around every year... whoever does the April Fool's joke about GNR confirming to be playing together should be banned.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #1609 on: April 01, 2012, 06:59:19 AM »

thank god this useless crap will be gone in a few days, together with all stupid reunion talk and whining wankers like Adler Tongue

Annie
« Reply #1610 on: April 01, 2012, 11:32:32 AM »

indeed,

He is on tour right now. I am seeing him on April 12th so It ain't gonna happen.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1611 on: April 01, 2012, 11:36:43 AM »

From Dj Ashba:

Loudwire: And then you?ve got the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony coming up April 14th, you?ll be playing with the band that night too, right?

Dj Ashba: Well, I don?t know. There has been- There?s actually been zero talk about it. So, um, not to my knowledge. But, um, yeah. I have no idea. I?m kind of anxious and interested to see what goes down that night. Either way, I?m sure it?ll be fun.

Loudwire: I?m sure you will be there and getting an award, regardless.

Dj Ashba: Haha, yeah. I don?t, uh, I don?t even?I?m not even really?I don?t really know what?s going on with it. As of right now I really don?t even have plans to go, you know, because I just haven?t heard a whole lot about it. Nobody?s really talking about it. You know, if I get a call from Axl and he wants me to be there then I?ll go. Other than that, you know, I?m gonna just kinda sit back and see what happens.

http://loudwire.com/dj-ashba-talks-the-future-of-guns-n-roses-jamming-with-sixx-a-m-more/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1612 on: April 01, 2012, 12:07:54 PM »

Former GUNS N' ROSES Manager Alan Niven Comments On Band's Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Induction

March 31, 2012

Former GUNS N' ROSES manager Alan Niven has contacted BW&BK exclusively with the following:

"I sincerely wish to congratulate Izzy, Slash, Steven, Duff and Axl on their induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. I am delighted that they are all alive to see, and enjoy, this special day and honor. Well done for surviving the appetites ...

Unfortunately, I must send my regrets but I myself cannot attend. I have a prior engagement - my neighbor Steve Miller is coming over for Bar-B-Q. He's bringing a bunch of his old FREE and DEEP PURPLE records with him."

Annie
« Reply #1613 on: April 01, 2012, 04:20:05 PM »

Former GUNS N' ROSES Manager Alan Niven Comments On Band's Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Induction

March 31, 2012

Former GUNS N' ROSES manager Alan Niven has contacted BW&BK exclusively with the following:

"I sincerely wish to congratulate Izzy, Slash, Steven, Duff and Axl on their induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. I am delighted that they are all alive to see, and enjoy, this special day and honor. Well done for surviving the appetites ...

Unfortunately, I must send my regrets but I myself cannot attend. I have a prior engagement - my neighbor Steve Miller is coming over for Bar-B-Q. He's bringing a bunch of his old FREE and DEEP PURPLE records with him."

Still bitter after all these years, no
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #1614 on: April 01, 2012, 04:23:44 PM »

Re-union has entered norwegian media (NRK = The main TV channel)

Actually a journalist who have bothered to do a little research, instead of the usual crying (where's Slash, Axl and hired Guns and so on, not like the old days, and so on..........

http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/hordaland/1.8058737

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1615 on: April 01, 2012, 05:00:15 PM »

Guns N' Roses are the only ones who don't have anyone listed as inducting them yet...

2012 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions Guide: Meet the Class of 2012

April 01, 2012

Guns N' Roses

Members: Steven Adler (drums), William "Axl Rose" Bailey (vocals), Saul "Slash" Hudson (guitar), Jeffrey "Izzy Stradlin" Isbell (guitar), Michael "Duff" McKagan (bass), Darren "Dizzy" Reed (keyboards) and Matt Sorum (drums).

Hometown: Los Angeles.

Claim to fame: These hard-rockers burst out of the Sunset Strip 25 years ago with "Appetite for Destruction," which has sold 18 million copies in the United States alone, according to the Recording Industry Association of America. The album's No. 1 single, "Sweet Child o' Mine," was unavoidable, seemingly blaring from every stereo and radio within earshot. A small army of musicians has passed through the GN'R ranks since the band's '80s-'90s heyday, with Rose and Reed as the only mainstays.

Playlist:

"Sweet Child o' Mine"   YouTube)
"Welcome to the Jungle"   YouTube)
"Paradise City"   YouTube)
"Patience"   YouTube)
"November Rain"  YouTube)

Guns N' Roses inductor TBA.

http://www.cleveland.com/rockhall/index.ssf/2012/04/2012_rock_and_roll_hall_of_fam_3.html

JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1616 on: April 01, 2012, 06:57:38 PM »

Actually a journalist who have bothered to do a little research, instead of the usual crying (where's Slash, Axl and hired Guns and so on, not like the old days, and so on..........

What does it say?  I don't speak Norwegian.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1617 on: April 02, 2012, 12:48:58 AM »

Claim to fame: These hard-rockers burst out of the Sunset Strip 25 years ago with "Appetite for Destruction," which has sold 18 million copies in the United States alone, according to the Recording Industry Association of America. The album's No. 1 single, "Sweet Child o' Mine," was unavoidable, seemingly blaring from every stereo and radio within earshot. A small army of musicians has passed through the GN'R ranks since the band's '80s-'90s heyday, with Rose and Reed as the only mainstays.

THEN:

Guns N' Roses Continue...

Touche/

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #1618 on: April 02, 2012, 01:23:46 AM »

What does it say?  I don't speak Norwegian.

For two years he had ever booing in Bergen. In two weeks, Axl Rose either do Guns N 'Roses fans delighted or furious.
ROY HILMAR SVENDSEN
roy.hilmar.svendsen @ nrk.no
Posted 04/01/2012 1:44 p.m..

14. April may be a red-letter day for rock fans in line with Led Zeppelin's reunion concert in 2007. It can also be one of the greatest moments klein in rock history. Then namely, Guns N 'Roses incorporated into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame in Cleveland. The group is primarily honored for their debut album " Appetite For Destruction "and why are all of the five original members invited.

Slash called "cancer"
The only problem is that the group broke up under anything but peaceful conditions in the 90's. In particular, the relationship between lead singer Axl Rose and guitarist Slash is cool. The two have not communicated directly since 1996 and Axl was in 2009 so far as to call for the guitarist " a cancer ". In the process, he added:

- One of us will die before there is a reunion!

The question is whether the mind has now calmed down. The main character himself, the 50-year-old singer, gave a rare interview just before Christmas indicated that he had mixed feelings about the inclusion in the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame. The statements suggest that he intends to set up the ceremony and carry it all without being dirty laundry or even worse for open stage and millions of TV viewers.

- Although I have mixed feelings, it means a lot for the fans. They look forward to. I do not want to spoil the party for everyone - or to blame, said Axl in the interview with the LA Times . At the same time he stressed that it not exist any plans for the old members were to act together.

- I know it will not happen
In recent years the mood has improved from several of the former band mates. Both bassist Duff McKagan and Izzy Stradlin guitarist has had guest appearances on the new Guns N 'Roses lineup. Stradlin was partly on the stage when the group visited the Oslo Spektrum in 2006.

Several of the old band members are now almost daily, quoted in American music press of what will happen during the ceremony.

Drummer Steven Adler, who got heap for his significant and recent fatal drug just before the recording of "Use Your Illusions" albums, the most often and most eager to talk about a reunion.

Also guitarist Slash, who for years have been at odds with Axl Rose, has said he will act very much like the original band during Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame party.

- I would like to play. But while there is such a thing as you basically know are never going to happen. It would be cool, but it seems obvious that it is not going to be something, and it does not surprise me, Slash said earlier this week to website Loud Wire .

OLD GNR: Duff McKagan, Slash, Axl Rose, Steven Adler and Izzy Stradlin as they looked at the breakthrough.
Duff dreams of "Night Rain"
If it is one of the guys who can get the five members to talk together, it's Duff McKagan. The bassist left Guns N 'Roses in the late 90th century under relatively peaceful circumstances, without busting unclear with Axl. Since then, he also played with Slash and GNR drummer Matt Sorum in the super group Velvet Revolver, Izzy Stradlin which also was involved at an early stage.

14. last October shocked his fans by entering the stage with Guns N 'Roses in the " You Could Be Mine "in the O2 Arena in London. Two months later his band warmed up for Axl & Co. in Seattle and Vancouver, where he was a guest on several of the GNR-songs.

When McKagan last month was asked by Rolling Stone what will happen 14 April, the answer was:

- I do not know. I only know that I'm there. It would be amazing if we could have gone on stage and played. I daydream that we will go up and play "Night Rain" and "Mr. Brownstone, "and then just get off the stage. But I doubt it will happen. There has been no communication about the game. In the mid-90's maybe I would have tried to gather the troops, but I'm not that guy anymore, said the bassist.

Drummers have become friends
Adler's successor behind the drum kit, Matt Sorum, are also invited to the festivities. He recently told Billboard that all band members who come to sit at one table, and he does not deny that he hopes that the conversation around the table will lead to a spontaneous reunion.

- When we got some food in us, I hope that someone will take the initiative to step up and play, says Sorum, who also has Norwegian ancestors. Sorum also said that he was very happy to see Steven Adler on stage with his old band. Adler has said a number of less flattering things about his successor, but the two drummers now skv? Ret and have a good relationship.

- I was kind of the guy who had sex with his ex, explained Sorum to HenneMusic.com a month ago.

Dizzy Reed: - All are
Guitarist Izzy Stradlin and tangentist Dizzy Reed, the last two of the seven band members that will be incorporated into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame. Reed said in February that he would meet up and claimed the same time knowing that all of the five original members would be present. In the past there has been rumors for several fanforum that the reclusive Izzy Stradlin would be absent.

Reed, who still plays with Axl in the "new" GNR, claimed in the interview that an appearance in Cleveland have not been discussed.

- I do not know when or how I should take up the topic. We have not talked about it, but the more we have to at some point, he told Billboard .

"New" Guns plays hardly
What seems clear is that the current lineup of Guns N 'Roses will not occur. Guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal wrote Friday to Steven Adler on Facebook that he was at the party.

The day before, told the group's newest member, guitarist DJ Ashba, to Loud Wire that he has no idea of what Guns N 'Roses will perform during the festivities.

- There has been no talk about it. I am very excited about what will happen that night. Right now I have no plans to go, but if Axl calls and wants me to, so I set up, the guitarist said.

Whatever happens, the Norwegian Guns N 'Roses fans see Slash on stage in Bergen and Oslo in the summer along with Black Sabbath legend Ozzy Osbourne and Geezer Butler. The concerts take place in Bergen in Bergen 29 May and in Oslo Spektrum 31 of May.

FACT: GUNS N 'ROSES
Formed in Los Angeles, California (USA) in 1985. Axl Rose (real name William Bailey) is the lead singer and undisputed boss of the group. Broke through in 1988 with the album "Appetite For Destruction", released last year. Was more or less dissolved in the period 1994-1996. The group reemerged with a new lineup in 2001.
ALBUM: "Appetite For Destruction" (1987), "GNR Lies" (1988), "Use Your Illusions I" (1991), "Use Your Illusions II" (1991), "The Spaghetti Incident?" (1993), "Chinese Democracy" (2008?)
MEMBERS:
W. Axl Rose (1985 -), vocals
Izzy Stradlin (1985-1991), guitar
Tracii Guns (1985), guitar
Rob Gardner (1985), drums
Ole Beichen (1985), bass
Slash (1985-1996), guitar
Duff McKagan (1985-1996), bass
Steven Adler (1985-1990), drums
Matt Sorum (1990-1996), drums
Dizzy Reed (1990 -), keyboards
Gilby Clarke (1991-1994), guitar
Paul Tobias (1994-2002), guitar
Tommy Stinson (1996 -), bass
Josh Freese (1996-2000), drums
Robin Finck (1996-1999, 2001-2008), guitar
Chris Pitman (1998 -), keyboards
Buckethead (2000-2004), guitar
Bryan "Brain" Manti (2000-2006), drums
Richard Fortus (2002 -), guitar
Ron Thal (2006 -), guitar
Frank Ferrer (2006 -), drums
DJ Ashba (2008 -), guitar
GREATEST HITS:
"Welcome To The Jungle" (1987)
"Paradise City" (1988)
"Patience" (1989)
"You Could Be Mine" (1991)
"Do not Cry" (1991)
"Live and Let Die" (1992)
"Knocking Wed Heaven's Door" (1992)
"Yesterdays" (1992)
"Oh My God" (1999)
"Chinese Democracy" (2008)
"Better" (2009)

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1619 on: April 02, 2012, 01:58:43 AM »

I daydream that we will go up and play "Night Rain" and "Mr. Brownstone

hihi hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: