Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 09:30:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 495793 times)
LRose
Opening Act

« Reply #1580 on: March 30, 2012, 11:02:09 PM »

I mean "technically" isn't Steve well,  braincell-les (I can't type it "anywhere else", still no disrepect but it is what it is) so that's why Bumble foot wasn't taking it seriously at all

Well, he is missing more than a few from the years and years of drug abuse.  I know almost no one takes him seriously anymore so let's hope they can all get through this in a civil manner.  If anything, this nonsense is just more reason to NEVER have a reunion, even for 1 damn song.

Well I know (in fact we ALL know lol) it's partly cause of the drugs drool

I mean this, the other former members, and Wood and Stewart coming out, so this will let you know what it'll be like for  the week of and weeks following the HOF, I bet Axl will be glad to get this over with even more know lol, smh.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #1581 on: March 30, 2012, 11:27:54 PM »

It's just funny how the old members of the band are always crying about Axl being a megalomaniac yet he is the only one who personally won't get caught up in the nonsense surrounding this. 

It is really obvious to me that he respects and cares for the current members very much.  Too bad so many on this site do not.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1582 on: March 30, 2012, 11:53:47 PM »

HOF has nothing to do with current members

just cause I want to see my favorite band of all time perform to honor the past for an award for the past takes nothing away for how much i still like this lineup of the band currently.

no idea why people think it has to be one or the other......

For Fuck's sake the current band.. well at least DJ thinks he should play.

So everyone trying to do whatever it is they are doing should just stop cause it isn't disrespecting the current lineup at all. I am positive they understand.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #1583 on: March 30, 2012, 11:58:01 PM »

Sure I at one point wouldn't mind seeing the original guys play one more time, but not with this bullshit aggravation that is going along with it anymore, cry me a fucking river D, and or others if you didn't get to see the band back then oh well, I seriously can care less, move on move forward!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1584 on: March 31, 2012, 12:04:29 AM »

Just saying.. who cares about the turmoil... people act like they are members of the band's family or like they know them personally or some shit.

Fan is short for fanatic.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #1585 on: March 31, 2012, 12:52:05 AM »

Steven was probably all geeked up on the hard stuff when he was making those comments... Then he woke up the next morning sober like, "OMG What did I do"  rofl

They should take back his invite before he fucks the whole thing up
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 01:03:41 AM by Jeramy » Logged

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1586 on: March 31, 2012, 01:30:55 AM »

I wonder if Steven's apology was his idea or if it was merely suggested to him that he should retract his statement.  I'm sure he probably got slammed on twitter and facebook by some angry GNR fans.  He probably received some support too.  Maybe he didn't realize the comments would get such a strong reaction.  His retraction was much more well constructed.  If he had said THAT originally, it would've been no big deal.  He should probably stop and think before he speaks, but he doesn't seem like that kind of guy.

I also wonder if he had to go back and make some major amendments to his acceptance speech after this firestorm.  Back to the drawing board.  If they don't play together, his speech just might be the highlight of the night for the GNR portion of the event.  God knows what he'll say.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #1587 on: March 31, 2012, 02:30:04 AM »

Didn't Matt say that they were all going to sit at the same table?  awkward

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #1588 on: March 31, 2012, 03:36:38 AM »

It's just funny how the old members of the band are always crying about Axl being a megalomaniac yet he is the only one who personally won't get caught up in the nonsense surrounding this. 

Duff? Izzy? It's only Slash, Steven and Matt who have said/done anything stupid (Matt offered to "give the goods" on the Hall Of Fame if he gets 50,000 Twitter followers... we all know he has nothing to give). And Steven's apologised. If that apology's good enough for Ron, it should be good enough for us (after all, he didn't call us hacks).
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1589 on: March 31, 2012, 05:20:09 AM »

It doesn't really matter if they play or not... I would rather have them all sit together and accept the award up on stage.  Everyone has to remember that it's 2012 and not 1987.  What's done is done the alumni can be honored that night, Guns N' Roses has a tour to get ready for otherwise.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #1590 on: March 31, 2012, 05:54:01 AM »

Maybe they could just play Patience and make Steven watch them perform without him

LRose
Opening Act

« Reply #1591 on: March 31, 2012, 07:29:56 AM »

Just saying.. who cares about the turmoil... people act like they are members of the band's family or like they know them personally or some shit.

Fan is short for fanatic.

That's funny it seems EVERYONE else on the net got caught up over they years over Axl vs. Slash or Axl this or that (well mainly just to give him sh*t) and it was never any of their business like ours, nor should it have been but that's another story.
LRose
Opening Act

« Reply #1592 on: March 31, 2012, 07:33:10 AM »

It is really obvious to me that he respects and cares for the current members very much.  Too bad so many on this site do not.

Funny also, everyone else is saying the opposite, that we don't respect the former members and so forth,  (personally I think that, that itself has died down and is a bunch of hogwash now, looking by recent memory) no we're just tired of the bashing but sadly some do "have" to prove fighting back by dissing the old band in another direction.

If anything I'd think this board kinda does but then again I'm comparing it too other "fan sites" and non fan sites, I'd say they have it good here lol but that's not saying much though is it.
Birk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1593 on: March 31, 2012, 07:47:24 AM »

Classic Rock Revisited: Is this album better than "Chinese Democracy"?

Steven: Of course it is. Can you name one song off of that album? Within one day of this record coming out, you're going to know the names of every song.

I really hope i see Adler when im down in cleveland for the HOF weekend, you know he will be EVERYWHERE making a scene, im sure he will agree will all of his original comments and thats how he really feels. 
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #1594 on: March 31, 2012, 07:55:55 AM »

Haha what a golden opportunity for Axl during his speech.  He can let everyone else say their piece and then walk up to the mic and say with a smile "see... this is why I can't play with these motherfuckers anymore.  We can't even meet up for a dinner without fighting with each other beforehand.  We accomplished great things together, thank you for that, but this is the last time you'll see all of us in the same room.  Peace, I'm out bitches."

At least that's how I'd like to see it go down...
This  ok

Axl is in a good place.  He has assembled a band that works damn hard and respects that, he has also said that based on the others work post GnR, only Duff and Slash would match his expectations for putting on a show time and time again. Duff is at one with Axl, and indeed I don't think he actually was ever really out of the circle (personal level) even if he was no longer a band mate. Slash is a whole different proposition, he hurt Axl and in many ways, they (Axl and Slash) are too big ego's that in each others company just don't work, they tried but we know the out-come. Axl respects Slash's work ethic, but that's it.

Steven's out-burst, doesn't match his apology in style, it has clearly been drafted for him by, and this is an assumption, by people desperate for the re-union to remain on the radar, but I think it isn't, wasn't or even has ever been on Axl's radar, since around 1996 onwards.  Steven was sacked, before the classic era even peaked, so him assuming that he would get the gig - IF they reformed, would weigh heavily on Axl, who has said that in Steven's world, Axl holds the keys to his happiness, which he doesn't/wouldn't want to be involved with and this alone imo is enough to say it ain't gonna happen.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1595 on: March 31, 2012, 10:07:55 AM »

Just saw a promo for the HOF last night on HBO. Very cool seeing and hearing the GNR name on there. Best spot of any of the inductees. It goes like:

"... Donovan.... RedHot Chili Peppers... Beastie Boys... and GUNS N' ROSES!!"

So awesome.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1596 on: March 31, 2012, 10:39:42 AM »

Nice of Steven to realize what an ass clown he made himself look like with the comment.

But as we all know, his first comment made headlines and the second one didn't.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #1597 on: March 31, 2012, 11:54:47 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1BHI-qTsZ4

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1598 on: March 31, 2012, 01:51:30 PM »

whoever attends and is willing to play should just go for it, if some members dont want to play....so what, shouldnt stop the other willing people to perform and jam a little.

Re-Union time, baby!!
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1599 on: March 31, 2012, 02:49:30 PM »

indeed,
place at least 10-15 marshall amps on stage and an Engl just in case.
A few bassamps... at least 4-5 drum kits.
few mics for who ever wants to sing leads and backing.

and who ever attends the RnRHOF and wan't to jam only has to pick his guitar and plug it in.
all star band... what else do you want.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: