Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:25:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 495692 times)
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1560 on: March 30, 2012, 02:56:05 PM »

I swear this is truly the most disfunctional band ever. They should make music together again. Disfunction creates great music. Rock on.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #1561 on: March 30, 2012, 03:03:52 PM »

I swear this is truly the most disfunctional band ever. They should make music together again. Disfunction creates great music. Rock on.

Look at what Vesuvio's eruption has done to Pompei...

A tragedy turned into pure magic  Grin
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #1562 on: March 30, 2012, 03:04:23 PM »

Bumblefoot
‎Adler << All good bro, thanks so much Smiley We all just want to make music and make people happy - as far as all the GNR hoopla, I'd rather it be what connects us than what separates us. You and I played together in Chicago a few years ago (I was jammin' w/ Lita Ford) and you guys were *great*. I won't be at HOF, if you go please give everyone a big hello for me. Smiley Thanks, Ron >>

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
src
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1563 on: March 30, 2012, 03:08:13 PM »

@ Peter 7411             AXl & Izzy did wright most of the music............ and say what you will my point is AXl has and will always be the driving force of the band.

Izzy arguably was the driving force of the band in the 1980s. I would say from old collecting of quotes and such that he wrote probably at least half the music to Appetite. He came in with the only song that was basically complete ("Think About You"), and he had a hand in the writing of music to all songs except "Easy" and "Jungle". He was vital on most of those others too. Axl's contributions musically are far less documented, but we know for sure he wrote the majority of the vocal melodies and lyrics (with much less influence on "Easy", "Brownstone" and "Think About You" of course. Izzy also wrote much of these vocal melodies with songs he came up with. Even if the guy is highly rated, I'd still say he's underrated and probably still gets less credit than he deserves.

What I wrote above is still irrelevant since Izzy solo or a Hollywood Rose 1986 never would've made "Appetite". Besides "Think About You" and "Anything Goes", the five guys together worked out ALL the songs on Appetite when finally together from June 1985, starting with "Jungle" and then probably "Nightrain". It definitely was a band project where everyone were able to bring in something. As far as I know, Izzy was just the guy who brought the most to the table.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #1564 on: March 30, 2012, 03:13:16 PM »

Hope people gets Bumble's point. "Connect instead of separate"  ok They're all important in some level. Timo Caltia and West Arkeen too  yes

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1565 on: March 30, 2012, 03:18:58 PM »

Bumblefoot
‎Adler << All good bro, thanks so much Smiley We all just want to make music and make people happy - as far as all the GNR hoopla, I'd rather it be what connects us than what separates us. You and I played together in Chicago a few years ago (I was jammin' w/ Lita Ford) and you guys were *great*. I won't be at HOF, if you go please give everyone a big hello for me. Smiley Thanks, Ron >>

Bumblefoot is a class act!!
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #1566 on: March 30, 2012, 03:20:34 PM »

Hope people gets Bumble's point. "Connect instead of separate"  ok They're all important in some level. Timo Caltia and West Arkeen too  yes

I think we've pinpointed the real problem here.  Timo Caltia is out to destroy both new AND old GNR!!!  He must be stopped! 
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #1567 on: March 30, 2012, 03:30:55 PM »

I think we've pinpointed the real problem here.  Timo Caltia is out to destroy both new AND old GNR!!!  He must be stopped! 

No, Timo Caltia IS Guns n' Roses  rofl

.....so why isn't he inducted?

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
wadey
Legend

« Reply #1568 on: March 30, 2012, 03:34:28 PM »

Axl could play in another band and it may not have the same chemistry or magic that the originals had.

Couldn't disagree more in the case of Adler.  You could have put 50 other drummers in that room and Appetite would have been just as good.

adler in his prime was awesome and had so much style... sorum for one was too aggressive
without steven on appetite it would have been a different record altogether

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #1569 on: March 30, 2012, 04:24:08 PM »

As time goes by, Steven Adler becomes a bigger and bigger joke. You haven't done shit since 1987, except the 30+ takes it took you to get Civil War right.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #1570 on: March 30, 2012, 04:43:20 PM »

Never thought I'd hear Rod Stewart's thoughts on GN'Rs HOF induction, haha, but here it is.
Great news to hear at least one great band will be performing there.

Asked if he had any advice for fellow Rock Hall honorees Guns N' Roses, whose members appear unprepared to put aside their differences for an induction performance, Stewart replied:
"I don't know what the internal problems are. I don't know whether there are any drug problems, or whether they've all grown up a little bit now. I don't know. I think what you've got to remember is, just do it for the public, once. That's the word of advice I would give."
Wood also hopes that GN'R can pull their act together for the ceremony.
"I would say just swallow your pride and play a few songs for the people who put you there," he said.
"Then you can start your personal gripes, you know? Try and do a bit for the people, because they all love Guns N' Roses. Doesn't matter if you have little squabbles amongst yourselves. Play your gig."

http://www.cleveland.com/popmusic/index.ssf/2012/03/rod_stewart_and_ronnie_wood_lo.html
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #1571 on: March 30, 2012, 05:23:30 PM »

Never thought I'd hear Rod Stewart's thoughts on GN'Rs HOF induction, haha, but here it is.

Asked if he had any advice for fellow Rock Hall honorees Guns N' Roses, whose members appear unprepared to put aside their differences for an induction performance, Stewart replied:
"I don't know what the internal problems are. I don't know whether there are any drug problems, or whether they've all grown up a little bit now. I don't know. I think what you've got to remember is, just do it for the public, once. That's the word of advice I would give."
"I would say just swallow your pride and play a few songs for the people who put you there," he said.
"Then you can start your personal gripes, you know? Try and do a bit for the people, because they all love Guns N' Roses. Doesn't matter if you have little squabbles amongst yourselves. Play your gig."

http://www.cleveland.com/popmusic/index.ssf/2012/03/rod_stewart_and_ronnie_wood_lo.html

With all due respect to Rod, he has no idea what he is talking about. He doesn't realise there is still a band called Guns N' Roses that never broke up.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1572 on: March 30, 2012, 06:24:58 PM »

With all due respect to Rod, he has no idea what he is talking about. He doesn't realise there is still a band called Guns N' Roses that never broke up.

Actually, a lot of people out there have no idea who new GNR are-when I seen Guns n Roses in Detroit a few months back, most people asked me if it was with the original members.

libertad
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1573 on: March 30, 2012, 06:37:24 PM »

Actually, a lot of people out there have no idea who new GNR are-when I seen Guns n Roses in Detroit a few months back, most people asked me if it was with the original members.

unfortunately you are right, but that is because GN'R had done an ATROCIOUS job of promoting themselves here in the states up until the last 6 months or so.  Now the band members give interviews and are more active with social networking, so I expect that to improve over time.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 06:46:56 PM by Bodhi » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1574 on: March 30, 2012, 07:41:09 PM »

Was I the only one not surprised Adler did/said something stupid?
I mean his track record for decision making isn't the greatest.

I doubt anyone takes him seriously which is why Bumble responded how he did.

If i hear the word "Technical" one more time, I am gonna punch myself in the face.

Technical ability don't mean shit its what u are capable of writing

I'll trade Steve Vai's technical ability for Slash's compositions.

Pavarotti is a better "Technical" singer than Axl.. So u gonna go out and buy Pavarotti records instead of listening to Axl?

technical argument is ridiculous, will forever remain ridiculous.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1575 on: March 30, 2012, 07:47:09 PM »

More from Steven Adler.  Hopefully this was before the apology. hihi  To Classic Rock Revisited...

EXPECTING THE UNEXPECTED: AN INTERVIEW WITH ADLER

5 hours ago

Jeb: Last one: If Axl won?t get up and play at the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame induction, why don?t you get Slash and Duff and the three of you up there and play some tunes?

Steven Adler: That is a thought, but if that doesn?t happen, then I am going up there with just a drum set and I?m playing along with the CD. Guns N? Roses, the original band, has not performed for 22 years and we are still respected around the entire world.

I feel that when a band is put into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame then they should play. I am dedicating my award to the bands that should be in there. If it wasn?t for Kiss, UFO, Deep Purple and Journey and bands like that, then there would be no Guns N? Roses.

We owe it to the fans to play and it is just a god damned rock and roll band. All we do is play music. Why can?t we just get on stage for ten minutes and play for the fans? Are you telling me those assholes can?t get onstage and do that? We should do it for the fans.

http://www.classicrockrevisited.com/interviewadler.htm

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Birk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1576 on: March 30, 2012, 08:41:11 PM »

If the only thing we get is Adler playing Paradise City on drums i will be disgusted
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1577 on: March 30, 2012, 10:11:22 PM »

Get Sorum onstage, fuck Adler. Bet he's fucked up if he does come. Eat shit Stevie ok
LRose
Opening Act

« Reply #1578 on: March 30, 2012, 10:17:03 PM »

I mean "technically" isn't Steve well,  braincell-les (I can't type it "anywhere else", still no disrepect but it is what it is) so that's why Bumble foot wasn't taking it seriously at all
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #1579 on: March 30, 2012, 10:42:23 PM »

I mean "technically" isn't Steve well,  braincell-les (I can't type it "anywhere else", still no disrepect but it is what it is) so that's why Bumble foot wasn't taking it seriously at all

Well, he is missing more than a few from the years and years of drug abuse.  I know almost no one takes him seriously anymore so let's hope they can all get through this in a civil manner.  If anything, this nonsense is just more reason to NEVER have a reunion, even for 1 damn song.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: