Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:20:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 495676 times)
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #1540 on: March 30, 2012, 02:11:13 PM »

The more and more I hear negative comments from slash & mainly steven makes me hope Axl plays with the current line up to spite them all. Fact of the matter is AXL is guns n' roses  and will always be;and there is no denying that  the band sounds better than ever. Another FACT is Axl & Izzy started GNR well before slash and steven joined.   Steven was fired cause hes a fucking junky and slash quit well over 16 years ago.  Im sure its just a play on words cause that is what the press does but they are just digging there on grave at any attempt of a jam. If Axl asked steven to drink from his toilet bowl he would so he should just be humble already and shut the fuck up.

Axl is Guns N Roses? I've heard that before but not sure what it means. I thought Guns N' Roses was a band? Axl is a band? I thought he was the lead singer in the band Guns N Roses. I'm so confused. I guess there is denying it after all.

While we are tossing facts around, you and I never heard of Guns N' Roses until Slash joined the band. So what exactly is your point?

Axl was in Rapidfire before GN'R. Slash was in Roadcrew. Those bands didn't exactly set the world on fire. Axl and Izzy were in Hollywood Rose, but we wouldn't know about them if it weren't for the success of GN'R. Funny, when they all got together they became one of the biggest bands in the world. Since they parted ways, they are doing well for themselves, but they are all far from being on top of the mountain.
GNRMTL
Headliner

« Reply #1541 on: March 30, 2012, 02:16:29 PM »

@ Peter 7411             AXl & Izzy did wright most of the music............ and say what you will my point is AXl has and will always be the driving force of the band. I'm not talking about writing credits or discrediting members so don't mince my words. Perception is reality and the reason Guns are still around today is because of AXL. He fought for his beliefs and for  his band.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 02:20:16 PM by GNRMTL » Logged

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
4 nights at the Hammerstein
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #1542 on: March 30, 2012, 02:18:35 PM »

The more and more I hear negative comments from slash & mainly steven makes me hope Axl plays with the current line up to spite them all. Fact of the matter is AXL is guns n' roses  and will always be;and there is no denying that  the band sounds better than ever. Another FACT is Axl & Izzy started GNR well before slash and steven joined.   Steven was fired cause hes a fucking junky and slash quit well over 16 years ago.  Im sure its just a play on words cause that is what the press does but they are just digging there on grave at any attempt of a jam. If Axl asked steven to drink from his toilet bowl he would so he should just be humble already and shut the fuck up.

What an ignorant statement. Unless Axl wrote the music and the lyrics for all of there albums you cant say that Axl is Guns n'Roses. It took the perfect mix of 5 people to create Appetite. Axl could play in another band and it may not have the same chemistry or magic that the originals had. Your statement also insults the current lineup. If Axl is Guns then what are the rest of the band? Hired Guns?

Axl is Guns N' Roses...it's his band he is the founder along with Izzy and Tracii. Facts are facts.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
GNRMTL
Headliner

« Reply #1543 on: March 30, 2012, 02:19:47 PM »

correct

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #1544 on: March 30, 2012, 02:21:29 PM »

Did you have a problem with his drumming when you fell in love with Appetite for Destruction?

Not so much a problem, but it's obvious that he was the weakest musician once you learned a little bit.  Izzy is an "OK" technical guitarist, but when you learn he composed so much of the material, he becomes an amazing writer and guitarist.  Duff isn't a great bass player, but when you learn about his roots in Seattle and some of the influential bands he was a part of, you learn where that edge comes from that added a punk vibe to a hard rock band.  You learn Adler was more about drugs and pussy than anything else, there is nothing else to lean on with this dude.  He sat in a room and crafted some simple drum beats. He's unfortunately one of a gaggle of weak-minded musicians that gets caught up in the lifestyle.  Axl and Slash just simply shined on those first few albums, they had something inside of them that was unique.  I'm simply sick of hearing Adler and would never even think to discover what he has done past his time with Gn'R, you know it's going to be second rate.

I hear what you are saying, but I guess you are kind of making my point when you say" once we learned a little bit".
What's it matter what we know about their personal lives? It sounds good. I know it's human nature, and when you see the struggle that has been Stevens life, it's tough to look at him the same way as the guy in the AFD booklet that you knew nothing about, except for the fact that he was in a kick ass rock n roll band.

I don't know, it's the same with Sorum. I have no issue with his drumming on UYI, as unpopular as it seems to be on this board.
Does he seem like kind of a dink(for lack of a better word) with a high pitched feminine voice? Sure, but I thought his drumming was fine.
I feel like a little bit of it has to be revisionist history. If it wasn't, how did everyone become such huge fans of GN'R?
Did everyone say, man this band is great, too bad the drumming sucks!
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #1545 on: March 30, 2012, 02:23:01 PM »

What an ignorant statement. Unless Axl wrote the music and the lyrics for all of there albums you cant say that Axl is Guns n'Roses. It took the perfect mix of 5 people to create Appetite. Axl could play in another band and it may not have the same chemistry or magic that the originals had. Your statement also insults the current lineup. If Axl is Guns then what are the rest of the band? Hired Guns?

Axl is Guns N' Roses...it's his band he is the founder along with Izzy and Tracii. Facts are facts.

Okay I think I got it now.

Izzy + Tracci + Axl = Guns N' Roses.

Cool.
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #1546 on: March 30, 2012, 02:23:47 PM »

So kids, this is what they call "the nail in the coffin", and thank God. 

Yes this makes me very happy. Any little hope the haters had on a reunion is now at 0%  ok

axl haters?  what?

My posts all have hidden messages.  It's your job to find it.
GNRMTL
Headliner

« Reply #1547 on: March 30, 2012, 02:25:27 PM »

YAWN................ some of you are all so petty cant we all agree that steven acts like a douche...........topics mold into to topics into topics zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1548 on: March 30, 2012, 02:29:10 PM »

Steven has issued an apology.

We had a full press day yesterday and I'd like to shed some light on my comments about the current Guns N Roses lineup. Sometimes my emotions get the best of me when talking about my former band. It?s hard to see your ex in bed with somebody else. We created one of the biggest selling debut albums of all time and it?s no secret that I want to finish what we started 25 years ago and play together at the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame. The guys that Axl has put together are all great players. They?re not hacks in the sense that they can?t play, they?re all incredible musicians. I just meant that they are not the original lineup. I would like to apologize to Axl, Bumblefoot, D.J., Tommy, Dizzy, Richard, Frank, and Chris for my statement.
[/quote]
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #1549 on: March 30, 2012, 02:30:23 PM »

Steven has issued an apology.

We had a full press day yesterday and I'd like to shed some light on my comments about the current Guns N Roses lineup. Sometimes my emotions get the best of me when talking about my former band. It?s hard to see your ex in bed with somebody else. We created one of the biggest selling debut albums of all time and it?s no secret that I want to finish what we started 25 years ago and play together at the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame. The guys that Axl has put together are all great players. They?re not hacks in the sense that they can?t play, they?re all incredible musicians. I just meant that they are not the original lineup. I would like to apologize to Axl, Bumblefoot, D.J., Tommy, Dizzy, Richard, Frank, and Chris for my statement.

[/quote]

i love adler.  i wish i could meet him.  he provides me entertainment.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1550 on: March 30, 2012, 02:30:57 PM »

Cool.

I think the point that you and others missed, is that Axl has been the one with the vision to push things forward since day one in GN'R.

Others might have been happy playing club at some point, Axl wanted something bigger. Others might have been happy releasing the same kind of albums and videos at one point, Axl wanted to move ahead.

Guns N' Roses is a collaboration. Axl's always been about bringing people into the mix and creating something magical.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #1551 on: March 30, 2012, 02:32:01 PM »

At least he has  the balls to say I'm sorry  Wink
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1552 on: March 30, 2012, 02:35:32 PM »

Damn Steven really is a dumb motherfucker still. As much as shit changes they sure do stay the same.

I wonder how hard Steven got his ass kicked by Slash and Duff for making the asinine comments. Slash isn't much better but they must have freaked on him for him to have issued an apology this quick. I am just a bit annoyed at Slash for trying to sound all heroic that he would love to play all the while knowing that they won't. This wouldn't make Axl look like an asshole at all.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1553 on: March 30, 2012, 02:38:46 PM »

@ Peter 7411             AXl & Izzy did wright most of the music............ and say what you will my point is AXl has and will always be the driving force of the band. I'm not talking about writing credits or discrediting members so don't mince my words. Perception is reality and the reason Guns are still around today is because of AXL. He fought for his beliefs and for  his band.

Not mincing your words, it's what you said. That being said...I disagree when you say that the reason Guns is around today is because of Axl. It helps to have the legacy which the other 4 helped create. Appetite and the Illusion albums were huge. If those albums werent as big as they are there would be no guns.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #1554 on: March 30, 2012, 02:40:23 PM »

Cool.

I think the point that you and others missed, is that Axl has been the one with the vision to push things forward since day one in GN'R.

Others might have been happy playing club at some point, Axl wanted something bigger. Others might have been happy releasing the same kind of albums and videos at one point, Axl wanted to move ahead.

Guns N' Roses is a collaboration. Axl's always been about bringing people into the mix and creating something magical.

/jarmo

I appreciate you explaining your interpretation, but I don't think I missed anyone's point.

I don't think they had a point. I think some people truly feel Axl is Guns N' Roses, which is only true in the land of make believe.

He has been one of the greatest(best in my book) frontmen/vocalists in rock's history, and written some of my all time favorite lyrics.
I'm as big an Axl fan as the next guy, I'm just not naive enough to believe that he is a band, or that he was going to achieve the success of AFD and UYIs w/o the input of the others.

I totally agree with you. Guns N' Roses is a collaboration.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1555 on: March 30, 2012, 02:40:49 PM »

Cool.

hihi hihi hihi  I was so confused too!

In all seriousness, it drives me crazy when somebody brings Tracii Guns into these discussions. Some guy named Timo Caltia has more GNR writing credits than him. But I understand the Slash haters will grab onto anything.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 02:43:34 PM by LunsJail » Logged

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #1556 on: March 30, 2012, 02:41:15 PM »

I wonder how hard Steven got his ass kicked by Slash and Duff for making the asinine comments.
    rofl

Ron has accepted Steven's apology:

@bumblefoot twitter

Thank you @adlerrocks Smiley https://www.facebook.com/adlermusic (wrote ya back)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 02:44:42 PM by MNGS717 » Logged

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
2/23/12 Silver Spring, MD
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1557 on: March 30, 2012, 02:48:15 PM »

Tongue
I wonder how hard Steven got his ass kicked by Slash and Duff for making the asinine comments.
    rofl

Ron has accepted Steven's apology:

@bumblefoot twitter

Thank you @adlerrocks Smiley https://www.facebook.com/adlermusic (wrote ya back)
Reunion is back ON!  Tongue.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #1558 on: March 30, 2012, 02:48:53 PM »

Appetite for Reconciliation

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #1559 on: March 30, 2012, 02:49:56 PM »

damn, such drama for a  statuette....how old are these guys, already?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: