Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:24:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 495602 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1520 on: March 30, 2012, 11:27:04 AM »

To defend that statement for conversation sake,u have to remember that matt and dizzy joined when band already had made it and were huge. So i guess u have to consider the struggle,sacrifice, poverty,hunger and all they had to do to make it. So  maybe that is his thought process. Matt drummed but songs were already written. Axl wrote the keyboard parts etc. I dont necessarily agree,but i can understand that point of view.

I can understand that point of view. What is insulting is the way he said it. If he'd said something like, "personally, I think it should be the five original members that recorded Appetite and wrote most of Use Your Illusion, but the Hall have inducted Matt and Dizzy as well. I'm not sure how it works, but okay", it would've been far less insulting. But he didn't... what he said was "It should just be the five of us, but two other guys are coming" as if he doesn't even know who they are.

Steven's comments however, are just completely indefensible. Every time he opens his mouth he's setting his cause back, and he doesn't even seem to realise it. I'd actually gained a little bit of respect for him after he got clean, but that was a terrible thing to say. Especially when things were going to be awkward to begin with. I can imagine things becoming even moreso now that Slash and Steven have made these comments.
Yeah, there is no defending the shot at the new band.  It was completely unnecessary.  Whatever his issues are with Axl, they have nothing to do with the new band.  They've done nothing wrong to Steven.

Ali
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1521 on: March 30, 2012, 11:41:27 AM »

?If it was up to me, we would have been playing for the fans a long time ago,? says Adler. ?Unfortunately, I have no say in that. I?m behind it 100 percent ? 111 percent! Put it this way; if the five original GN?R guys don?t get up there and play, I?m going up there just on the drum set and playing a couple of songs from ?Appetite for Destruction.? It?s for the fans. To me it?s just a rock ?n? roll band, but it?s a rock ?n? roll band that I?ve gotten so much love and respect from all over the world.?

?He?s my brother. I know he?s up to it,? Adler says about Slash and the Rock Hall reunion. ?He wants to do it. I want to do it. Just from what I hear, Izzy [Stradlin]?s not gonna show up and Axl will probably want to play with his hack band ? his band of hacks. ?Axl and His Hacks? ? it shouldn?t even be Guns N? Roses. He?s just driving that name into the freakin? ground. ?Axl and His Hacks.?

Adler continued, ?My grandmother always said, ?Time heals all wounds.? Slash and Axl are one to each other. It?s not like one of them slept with one of them?s wives or anything ? and even that?s forgivable after a while. There is no reason to be upset.?

You knew it was coming. Cheesy  The link:

http://loudwire.com/steven-adler-calls-guns-n-roses-lineup-hacks-reaffirms-his-desire-to-reunite-at-rock-hall/

You're such a fucking idiot, Steven.  The fact is you are a fucking addict that has not done shit in years.  Your part could have been played by anyone on AFD.  Everytime I start to feel sympathy for you or start to think you will turn it around you say dumb shit like this.  Please go away and never return. 
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #1522 on: March 30, 2012, 11:51:04 AM »

Am I correct in thinking Steven was begging to join the current band for a song when they hit LA last year??
Cunt!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1523 on: March 30, 2012, 11:52:54 AM »

Name a member of Adler's Appe... I mean Adler besides Steven Adler.

Waiting.... Waiting.... Exactly.

The guys talking the most about this event are the ones who always go on and on about GN'R the most. The same two guys.

Nobody knows what Izzy thinks. Axl made comments about it on stage last year. Duff has said a few things, but the ones talking the most are the two promoting their solo careers.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #1524 on: March 30, 2012, 12:00:15 PM »

The fact is you are a fucking addict that has not done shit in years.  Your part could have been played by anyone on AFD. 

1. He's probably done more than you musically the last years

2. "Could've" can be said of many things. But it wasn't. And by anoyone? Probably not me, and probably not you....

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
wadey
Legend

« Reply #1525 on: March 30, 2012, 12:07:09 PM »

Ive always been a fan of stevens but some of these remarks are bang out of order and he really does sound bitter and desperate. The guy really doesnt do himself any favours. Its a shame he cant control himself at times especially when giving interviews etc...

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1526 on: March 30, 2012, 12:07:33 PM »

Am I correct in thinking Steven was begging to join the current band for a song when they hit LA last year??
Cunt!
Yep.  Steven would join Axl and his "hacks" in a heartbeat if he was asked.  No doubt about that.  He'd be singing a different tune then.  Simply sour grapes from Steven.  That's all this is.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1527 on: March 30, 2012, 12:31:24 PM »

Chip Z Nuff...  Although he's out now...  But yes I could remember a name from Adler's Appetite Illusion! I only know the name because I remember enuff z nuff.. 

Name a member of Adler's Appe... I mean Adler besides Steven Adler.

Waiting.... Waiting.... Exactly.

The guys talking the most about this event are the ones who always go on and on about GN'R the most. The same two guys.

Nobody knows what Izzy thinks. Axl made comments about it on stage last year. Duff has said a few things, but the ones talking the most are the two promoting their solo careers.

/jarmo

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1528 on: March 30, 2012, 12:37:08 PM »

The guys talking the most about this event are the ones who always go on and on about GN'R the most. The same two guys [...]but the ones talking the most are the two promoting their solo careers.

they mostly just are answering questions they've been asked about Guns, Axl does that aswell "if" he gets out in the open, any (ex-)GN'R member gets asked about Guns, that appears to be a fact! and if people like Slash are promoting the hell out of whatever they're up to....good chance that some answers are not too good when being written down.
the latest Slash comment wasnt that cool....but he didnt bash Axl. Axl did a poor job with referring to Slash being a guy just playing some "key riffs" not that long ago, calling him cancer in the open in 2009.....a guy he hasnt spoken or seen personally in about 15 years!

everyone makes mistakes!

Re-Union time, baby!!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1529 on: March 30, 2012, 12:37:53 PM »

Another new interview with Steven Adler on RockOverAmerica.com where he talks about the RRHOF.

In the first part of the interview he says he is dedicating his award to all the bands that are not in the RRHOF that should be.  He also says we owe it to our fans to play a few songs, that they probably won't know if they are playing until 5 minutes before, but as far as he knows they are not going to play.

He says it's a huge honor and he's very excited.

Audio: http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=172006

« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 12:57:53 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #1530 on: March 30, 2012, 12:51:51 PM »

The guys talking the most about this event are the ones who always go on and on about GN'R the most. The same two guys [...]but the ones talking the most are the two promoting their solo careers.

they mostly just are answering questions they've been asked about Guns, Axl does that aswell "if" he gets out in the open, any (ex-)GN'R member gets asked about Guns, that appears to be a fact! and if people like Slash are promoting the hell out of whatever they're up to....good chance that some answers are not too good when being written down.
the latest Slash comment wasnt that cool....but he didnt bash Axl. Axl did a poor job with referring to Slash being a guy just playing some "key riffs" not that long ago, calling him cancer in the open in 2009.....a guy he hasnt spoken or seen personally in about 15 years!

everyone makes mistakes!

Axl's statements were not a "mistake"

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Layflats
Headliner

I'm not an idiot.

« Reply #1531 on: March 30, 2012, 01:37:05 PM »

WOW! I was hoping to see something insane on the board and Steven Adler yet again delivers.  Let us dive into the simplicity of Adler's stupidity

1. Over and over and over he claims he wants to play with his old bandmates, same tired old bullshit he's been spitting forever.

2. On the cusp of possibly getting this opportunity he calls the current Guns N' Roses lineup "Axl and his Hacks", just weeks before the induction. Not a good way to butter up the boss.  Because whatever anyone feels or thinks, Axl has been and is the life-force of this band.  He's always seemed very open to the creative process with his bandmates, which makes the band very relevant today, but no one, esp. this dirtbag, is going to dictate to Mr. Rose.

So kids, this is what they call "the nail in the coffin", and thank God.  Adler was and is one of the luckiest people alive to become a millionaire off the talents of others.  Quite possibly the worst drummer to play in one of the best bands ever.  I always read about his "swing and attitude", a load of crap.  Dude fucking sucks.

Chicago 11/15/11
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1532 on: March 30, 2012, 01:50:33 PM »

It drives me crazy that Steven keeps saying they should perform "for the fans." No dumbass, it's for yourself. To validate your position in a band you were fired from 22 years ago. As for us poor fans, my world won't collapse if there's no performance on April 14th.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #1533 on: March 30, 2012, 01:50:52 PM »

So kids, this is what they call "the nail in the coffin", and thank God. 

Yes this makes me very happy. Any little hope the haters had on a reunion is now at 0%  ok

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #1534 on: March 30, 2012, 01:50:59 PM »

WOW! I was hoping to see something insane on the board and Steven Adler yet again delivers.  Let us dive into the simplicity of Adler's stupidity

1. Over and over and over he claims he wants to play with his old bandmates, same tired old bullshit he's been spitting forever.

2. On the cusp of possibly getting this opportunity he calls the current Guns N' Roses lineup "Axl and his Hacks", just weeks before the induction. Not a good way to butter up the boss.  Because whatever anyone feels or thinks, Axl has been and is the life-force of this band.  He's always seemed very open to the creative process with his bandmates, which makes the band very relevant today, but no one, esp. this dirtbag, is going to dictate to Mr. Rose.

So kids, this is what they call "the nail in the coffin", and thank God.  Adler was and is one of the luckiest people alive to become a millionaire off the talents of others.  Quite possibly the worst drummer to play in one of the best bands ever.  I always read about his "swing and attitude", a load of crap.  Dude fucking sucks.

First off, I agree, he does come off as a bit of a moron when he speaks, haha.

That said, I'm not about to disparage his musicianship.

Did you have a problem with his drumming when you fell in love with Appetite for Destruction? or is has he slowly become a hack in your mind after listening to his sob stories/problems in his personal life?

I think AFD is a near perfect album. Adler certainly pulled his wait in my opinion.
He was also around during the writing process of all of GN'Rs most successful albums.

Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not.

Izzy Stradlin would certainly disagree with you. I believe Slash has said Steven's firing was the beginning of the end, and Izzy said it played a part in his decision to leave. When he did, that was essentially the end, at least creatively of the classic era of GN'R.
GNRMTL
Headliner

« Reply #1535 on: March 30, 2012, 01:56:17 PM »

The more and more I hear negative comments from slash & mainly steven makes me hope Axl plays with the current line up to spite them all. Fact of the matter is AXL is guns n' roses  and will always be;and there is no denying that  the band sounds better than ever. Another FACT is Axl & Izzy started GNR well before slash and steven joined.   Steven was fired cause hes a fucking junky and slash quit well over 16 years ago.  Im sure its just a play on words cause that is what the press does but they are just digging there on grave at any attempt of a jam. If Axl asked steven to drink from his toilet bowl he would so he should just be humble already and shut the fuck up.

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
4 nights at the Hammerstein
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1536 on: March 30, 2012, 02:02:42 PM »

I called it a few weeks ago about Steven.  You think its bad what he said in an interview?  Just wait until he speaks his mind on stage.  Awkward!!!!

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1537 on: March 30, 2012, 02:04:35 PM »

The more and more I hear negative comments from slash & mainly steven makes me hope Axl plays with the current line up to spite them all. Fact of the matter is AXL is guns n' roses  and will always be;and there is no denying that  the band sounds better than ever. Another FACT is Axl & Izzy started GNR well before slash and steven joined.   Steven was fired cause hes a fucking junky and slash quit well over 16 years ago.  Im sure its just a play on words cause that is what the press does but they are just digging there on grave at any attempt of a jam. If Axl asked steven to drink from his toilet bowl he would so he should just be humble already and shut the fuck up.

What an ignorant statement. Unless Axl wrote the music and the lyrics for all of there albums you cant say that Axl is Guns n'Roses. It took the perfect mix of 5 people to create Appetite. Axl could play in another band and it may not have the same chemistry or magic that the originals had. Your statement also insults the current lineup. If Axl is Guns then what are the rest of the band? Hired Guns?
Layflats
Headliner

I'm not an idiot.

« Reply #1538 on: March 30, 2012, 02:04:55 PM »

Did you have a problem with his drumming when you fell in love with Appetite for Destruction?

Not so much a problem, but it's obvious that he was the weakest musician once you learned a little bit.  Izzy is an "OK" technical guitarist, but when you learn he composed so much of the material, he becomes an amazing writer and guitarist.  Duff isn't a great bass player, but when you learn about his roots in Seattle and some of the influential bands he was a part of, you learn where that edge comes from that added a punk vibe to a hard rock band.  You learn Adler was more about drugs and pussy than anything else, there is nothing else to lean on with this dude.  He sat in a room and crafted some simple drum beats. He's unfortunately one of a gaggle of weak-minded musicians that gets caught up in the lifestyle.  Axl and Slash just simply shined on those first few albums, they had something inside of them that was unique.  I'm simply sick of hearing Adler and would never even think to discover what he has done past his time with Gn'R, you know it's going to be second rate.

Chicago 11/15/11
Layflats
Headliner

I'm not an idiot.

« Reply #1539 on: March 30, 2012, 02:07:43 PM »

Axl could play in another band and it may not have the same chemistry or magic that the originals had.

Couldn't disagree more in the case of Adler.  You could have put 50 other drummers in that room and Appetite would have been just as good.

Chicago 11/15/11
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: