Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:33:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 495625 times)
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #1500 on: March 30, 2012, 06:07:56 AM »

I think the biggest insult from that comment is towards Matt. After all, they're supposed to be friends and he just spoke about him as if he doesn't even know who he is. At least Dizzy was probably expecting something like that said about him.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #1501 on: March 30, 2012, 06:28:00 AM »

Guns N'Roses is a real world of love  love

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1502 on: March 30, 2012, 06:37:36 AM »

I think the biggest insult from that comment is towards Matt. After all, they're supposed to be friends

You mean they're supposed to be partners in the same band entity.  Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1503 on: March 30, 2012, 06:42:54 AM »

it also proves that saying nothing is the more easy way out  Wink

Re-Union time, baby!!
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1504 on: March 30, 2012, 08:39:22 AM »

In the end... all will be good  Cool

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1505 on: March 30, 2012, 08:47:14 AM »

I think the biggest insult from that comment is towards Matt. After all, they're supposed to be friends

You mean they're supposed to be partners in the same band entity.  Wink

/jarmo

Indeed, I wonder to what level you can speak about 'friends' between them... the closest term is 'colleagues/partner', I assume.
When you work very closely together and come along, and also spent time together in private life...then yeah then at a certain moment in time, you can speak of friends.. Not sure if that is/was the case between Slash/Matt.

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #1506 on: March 30, 2012, 09:21:03 AM »

Yeah, I wonder if this means we can all stop pretending VR is still a band now.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1507 on: March 30, 2012, 09:22:47 AM »

To defend that statement for conversation sake,u have to remember that matt and dizzy joined when band already had made it and were huge. So i guess u have to consider the struggle,sacrifice, poverty,hunger and all they had to do to make it. So  maybe that is his thought process. Matt drummed but songs were already written. Axl wrote the keyboard parts etc. I dont necessarily agree,but i can understand that point of view.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 09:24:45 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #1508 on: March 30, 2012, 10:03:47 AM »

To defend that statement for conversation sake,u have to remember that matt and dizzy joined when band already had made it and were huge. So i guess u have to consider the struggle,sacrifice, poverty,hunger and all they had to do to make it. So  maybe that is his thought process. Matt drummed but songs were already written. Axl wrote the keyboard parts etc. I dont necessarily agree,but i can understand that point of view.

I can understand that point of view. What is insulting is the way he said it. If he'd said something like, "personally, I think it should be the five original members that recorded Appetite and wrote most of Use Your Illusion, but the Hall have inducted Matt and Dizzy as well. I'm not sure how it works, but okay", it would've been far less insulting. But he didn't... what he said was "It should just be the five of us, but two other guys are coming" as if he doesn't even know who they are.

Steven's comments however, are just completely indefensible. Every time he opens his mouth he's setting his cause back, and he doesn't even seem to realise it. I'd actually gained a little bit of respect for him after he got clean, but that was a terrible thing to say. Especially when things were going to be awkward to begin with. I can imagine things becoming even moreso now that Slash and Steven have made these comments.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 10:14:51 AM by AxlReznor » Logged
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #1509 on: March 30, 2012, 10:20:24 AM »

I would think Matt and Slash are close enough and have gone through enough shit together where comments in the media would roll off his back.
Maybe they have even talked about it, who knows. I'm sure Matt isn't curled up in the fetal position sucking his thumb and crying as he reads Slash's comments on TMZ.

Adler spouting off isn't going to change anything. Steven has been saying similar shit as long as I remember.
He will probably praise DJ in his next interview, tomorrow. I think it's safe to say Axl, Slash and co know Steven pretty well, and this stuff doesn't shock them like it does some of the people posting here.

Safe to say a performance at the hof hinders on if Axl is up to it, and if Izzy shows up.
I'd love to see it, but won't begrudge them either way. If Izzy isn't there, I'm not sure how interested I'd be.
Axl and Slash made their best music together, and it's a shame they couldn't get over their differences, but Izzy was integral to their sound, and they aren't getting inducted without his influence.

Those suggesting Axl would be inducted w/o Slash or vice versa are playing a serious game of make believe.
The proof is in the pudding. What has any of them done since '91 that would lead you to believe they would be hof worthy w/o each other?
I think we can all agree it was something pretty special what they accomplished together, and bands like that don't come along very often.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #1510 on: March 30, 2012, 10:24:22 AM »

My guess is that the people involved here isn't as easily-insulted as many of you here think. C'mon, it's not gonna be WWIII because Slash said that. Slash and Matt is probably communicating outside media, so that's not gonna be awkward at the ceremony...And well, Adler is Adler. Don't believe any of the current Guns members takes that too hard smoking

I wish everybody would recognize Guns and Guns though, '86, '91, '01 or '12. Guns all the way Steven Wink

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #1511 on: March 30, 2012, 10:26:21 AM »

C'mon, it's not gonna be WWIII because Slash said that. Slash and Matt

Matt wasn't too happy when he was credited as an "Additional Musician" in the Live Era credits, and what Slash said practically amounts to the same thing.
Judas Fuckin Priest
Headliner

« Reply #1512 on: March 30, 2012, 10:31:27 AM »

stop focusing on the hacks part of the quote!!  i think the big news is izzy's not going.  that sucks.
Why not?  It's one of the most hilariously blatant examples of ill-thought out statements I've ever seen.  He wants to reunite and yet he goes and insults Axl's bandmates.  Brilliant  ok

Ali

If Steven shot this is due to that he already knew that a reunion was rule out, why?,  according to Steve statement, it seemed that Axl wanted to perform whit his current bandmate, so how that's rejected, Axl refuse to play with original Guns (my theory).
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #1513 on: March 30, 2012, 10:38:54 AM »

stop focusing on the hacks part of the quote!!  i think the big news is izzy's not going.  that sucks.
Why not?  It's one of the most hilariously blatant examples of ill-thought out statements I've ever seen.  He wants to reunite and yet he goes and insults Axl's bandmates.  Brilliant  ok

Ali

If Steven shot this is due to that he already knew that a reunion was rule out, why?,  according to Steve statement, it seemed that Axl wanted to perform whit his current bandmate, so how that's rejected, Axl refuse to play with original Guns (my theory).

He said that Axl will "probably" want to perform with his band (or "bunch of hacks" to use his words). He wasn't saying anything about anything he'd heard behind the scenes.  For one thing members of the band have gigs booked for that night, so it wouldn't have been possible.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1514 on: March 30, 2012, 10:47:01 AM »

Matt wasn't too happy when he was credited as an "Additional Musician" in the Live Era credits, and what Slash said practically amounts to the same thing.

Live Era (notes/booklet) is an official release, the Slash comment was just a small part of an interview.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 10:49:20 AM by Limulus » Logged

Re-Union time, baby!!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1515 on: March 30, 2012, 10:50:21 AM »

I agree, I'm sure Matt isn't thrilled with Slash's comments. Some of these guys have pretty fragile egos. Furthermore, I really think the VR thing is dead at this point. Slash just seems to have no interest in it.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1516 on: March 30, 2012, 11:01:59 AM »

What's so fuckin' unbelievable is that Slash and Steven keep talking shit even when they clearly are hoping for some sort of reunion.

They are not exactly helping their cause...

To me the whole thing is a fuckin' joke...

And Adler... Just when one started to think that the man had grown up he sets himself back ten folds.

I honestly don't think Slash is all that interested in a "reunion".  He's doing what he loves right know and is the captain of his own ship, something he always seemed to strive for.  No way he wants to play second fiddle, or be on even ground with an Axl Rose or a Scott Weiland again.  Hence his complete disinterest in starting up VR again, looking at lesser known singers, working with Myles, etc. 

And Steven is Steven.  He always shoots himself in the foot.  I don't think people take him too seriously, but he certainly doesn't help his cause with comments like this.  But this is hardly the first derogatory comment he's made towards Axl/GNR.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GW2
Opening Act

« Reply #1517 on: March 30, 2012, 11:02:29 AM »

Just got to love when a true hack that couldn't even record the drums to Civil War calls the current incarnation of the band "hacks." I would rather see Frank behind the kit than any other previous GNR drummer, especially one who can't contain his jealousy or accept the fact that he blew it 20 years ago. I'd like to kick Steven Adler in the balls too.
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #1518 on: March 30, 2012, 11:07:47 AM »

It's not what you say...it's how you say it! Don't believe all you read! Not happy about Stevens comments... But I suppose he wants this very badly and may resent Axl for holding back on it. But fuck it who really knows. I think something cool can still happen on the night- really hope so.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1519 on: March 30, 2012, 11:11:21 AM »

Steven is great-this is what made the band great 20 years ago-5 crazy personalities that resulted in Appetite For Destruction.

libertad
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: