Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:27:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 495533 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1480 on: March 29, 2012, 10:48:40 PM »

oh good lord...

I can't decide who has bigger jealousy issues ... Steven n' Slash or D n' adamwolff11

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1481 on: March 29, 2012, 10:49:32 PM »

Yeah comparing Dizzy to Slash is kinda...............

SOMEBODY like Slash?

U can't be serious dude.

Without Axl, GNR aren't in the HOF but without Slash they aren't either.

I don't believe that for one second.  Every guitar player in the band has been top notch regardless of when they played in the band.  Axl is Axl.  Without his voice, it just doesn't happen.  The end.

yeah cause music is an afterthought.

U can't be serious.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #1482 on: March 29, 2012, 10:51:32 PM »

This is going off topic so let me give you a gentle reminder:  there is NO reunion!!!!  Get it?  Got it?  Good. peace

With Steven's idiotic trash talking it even jeopardizes there being civility, so thanks, junkie.
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #1483 on: March 29, 2012, 11:02:49 PM »

This is going off topic so let me give you a gentle reminder:  there is NO reunion!!!!  Get it?  Got it?  Good. peace

With Steven's idiotic trash talking it even jeopardizes there being civility, so thanks, junkie.

everybody we have a seer in the ranks!

can i give you a gentle reminder - you can't see into the future.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1484 on: March 29, 2012, 11:10:36 PM »

People forget that this band were very close to not being a success. If SCOM doesn't break big.. who knows??

Slash happened to write one of the greatest most iconic riff and solos of all time.

if Axl doesn't hear riff.. he doesn't write lyrics...

SCOM has the most common chord progression in music history. D-C-G

millions of songs use this

Slash was able to do something with that chord progression that is greater than anyone else's in music history.

so please.. stop with music doesn't matter. Jungle, PC, RQ, NR,Estranged,Coma, YCBM etc etc etc some of the greatest guitar work of all time.

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #1485 on: March 29, 2012, 11:16:59 PM »

D, he is getting into the HOF so what exactly are you complaining about and why?  He has a career past GNR as well.

I'm no soothsayer to the poster above D but I think for anyone to think there will be a performance with the original 5 is smoking some of whatever Steven still is.

Izzy doesn't want to go, Axl doesn't talk about it and Duff is just praying for civility.  Not to mention the original articles stating there was to be no performance yet The Faces performance/reunion is all over the web.  This is hardly the recipe for it to happen but I guess I must be just crazy, eh?
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1486 on: March 29, 2012, 11:18:26 PM »

..... that is greater than anyone else's in music history.

Wow.  "greater than anyone else's in music history" you say  Shocked

"in music history"!!!??

Wow.  Just ... Wow.  confused

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1487 on: March 29, 2012, 11:33:47 PM »

Yeah comparing Dizzy to Slash is kinda...............

SOMEBODY like Slash?

U can't be serious dude.

Without Axl, GNR aren't in the HOF but without Slash they aren't either.

I don't believe that for one second.  Every guitar player in the band has been top notch regardless of when they played in the band.  Axl is Axl.  Without his voice, it just doesn't happen.  The end.

uh no.

CD will be out when it's out. ....
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #1488 on: March 29, 2012, 11:44:55 PM »

slash isn't even real  smoking

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1489 on: March 30, 2012, 12:21:02 AM »

Slash and Steven aren't that really bright... too bad, they're jealous they can't be in Guns N' Roses anymore.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1490 on: March 30, 2012, 12:39:06 AM »

..... that is greater than anyone else's in music history.

Wow.  "greater than anyone else's in music history" you say  Shocked

"in music history"!!!??

Wow.  Just ... Wow.  confused

name one riff in Music history that uses the D,C,G chord progression better than SCOM

it doesn't exist. trust me

I don't care if they play anymore.. but I cannot allow people to pretend Slash is some afterthought and like he isn't just as important to old GNR's success. cause he is, Izzy is, duff is.

I have yet to hear one Acapella GNR song.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 12:41:14 AM by D » Logged

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1491 on: March 30, 2012, 01:01:47 AM »

People forget that this band were very close to not being a success. If SCOM doesn't break big.. who knows??

Slash happened to write one of the greatest most iconic riff and solos of all time.

if Axl doesn't hear riff.. he doesn't write lyrics...

SCOM has the most common chord progression in music history. D-C-G

millions of songs use this

Slash was able to do something with that chord progression that is greater than anyone else's in music history.

so please.. stop with music doesn't matter. Jungle, PC, RQ, NR,Estranged,Coma, YCBM etc etc etc some of the greatest guitar work of all time.

Jungle was what broke the band not SCOM.

Ali
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #1492 on: March 30, 2012, 01:45:36 AM »

What does it matter? SCOM was what made the band - their first and only number-one single and which made the band recognizable to most everyone.  I know what D's trying to say.  Argue how you want.  Feel how you want. But, this is happening based on AFD and who created that.  That does include more than just one person. 
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1493 on: March 30, 2012, 03:06:54 AM »

Haha what a golden opportunity for Axl during his speech.  He can let everyone else say their piece and then walk up to the mic and say with a smile "see... this is why I can't play with these motherfuckers anymore.  We can't even meet up for a dinner without fighting with each other beforehand.  We accomplished great things together, thank you for that, but this is the last time you'll see all of us in the same room.  Peace, I'm out bitches."

At least that's how I'd like to see it go down...

after adler's stupid words now ^^this is smth. i can imagine to happen. Axl would probably use some better words in his little speech/rant.
Ohhhh, what is this nonsense, Adler!! this was seriously no good. i now can see Adler giving a terrible re-union speech running to a drumset and playing some AFD tracks alone(!) before security gets him out, then he'll just get totally stoned, whines and blabbers hours and hours to the press.
Izzy not coming, Matt, Slash and Duff trying to stay civil with Dizzy in there ("well, so what? i dont care much") and Axl storming the stage at 3am "sorry, just woke up" and gives his little rant about all the pre-HOF bullshit happening the few weeks before.

hope this night is not becoming the final reason for Adler to OD!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 04:01:00 AM by Limulus » Logged

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1494 on: March 30, 2012, 03:42:19 AM »

Dizzy's been longer in the band than somebody like Slash...

/jarmo

What a stupid fucking point. Regardless of how you feel about any of the original members, they're deserving. It's not about 'this guy' was in longer than 'this guy'. That's just idiotic and fucking moronic.

I don't get it Jarmo. When people who are 'Slash fanboys' or from the 'pro slash' camp troll on threads, and there are some that do, you call them out and tell them whats up, as you should. Yet you continually do the same thing on the other side of the spectrum. Don't you think everyone already knows you don't like Slash?

I was stating a fucking fact.

Try arguing with what I said instead of trying to insult me.

I get that he doesn't like Dizzy, but to refer to him as "some other guy"? He's been in the band longer than you were!

And now Adler mouthing of.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #1495 on: March 30, 2012, 04:11:34 AM »

Thanks for the laugh, Steven. I awoke this morning still pretty pissed off that Sonisphere was cancelled yesterday and then saw this in my twitter feed.  It's hilarious, I mean can Steven really be this stupid, self-absorbed and deluded?! I guess the answer has been confirmed as yes.  hihi

Axl must be pissing himself with laughter reading all this. First of all, we have Slash insulting his erstwhile bandmate, Matt, and then Steven not engaging brain before speaking. If Axl continues to keep his head down during his affair, the media will find it pretty hard to pin the ensuing debacle on him. Although seasoned GN'R supporters know that they'll try.  Wink

Quite frankly, Izzy being a no-show wouldn't be much of a surprise given his behaviour over the years. It had crossed my mind that when it became apparent that there would be no reunion, the HOF may be getting a little desperate to hype up the induction another way.

So by way of light relief from the drama, indulge me if you will in this scenario.  HOF exec meeting: young suit sitting around the table, "How about we bung Steven a few quid to make some inflammatory remarks and stir the pot further. We're not going to get a performance on stage but by god we could create one hell of a bunfight in the hall."  Grin.  Simples!  ok And let's face it, Steven really would be to consider this a good idea. Haha

Slash and Steven aren't that really bright... too bad, they're jealous they can't be in Guns N' Roses anymore.

Hilarity aside, I think you've hit the nail on the head here, GNR4L, it's jealousy at the continuing success of GN'R. They'd both have loved Axl to fail and have to come crawling back to them. Too bad chaps, it ain't gonna happen. Grin

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #1496 on: March 30, 2012, 05:10:50 AM »

What's so fuckin' unbelievable is that Slash and Steven keep talking shit even when they clearly are hoping for some sort of reunion.

They are not exactly helping their cause...

To me the whole thing is a fuckin' joke...

And Adler... Just when one started to think that the man had grown up he sets himself back ten folds.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1497 on: March 30, 2012, 05:21:23 AM »

the "2 other guys" comment by Slash might not have been the best one (he could just have added the 2 names) but seems to be overblown here. he simply rated the original AFD line-up more important than all others. most of people would agree on this anyway.
the Steven comment was blabbering at lowest level. Axl surely took notice of all the HOF talking, copy/paste it all down so he can strengthen his no-re-union thoughts/speech. he has done similar things the times before as being stated in his own words (80.000(?) written words mostly about legal stuff with old band members, following the old members carriers, listening to VR etc.)....why giving him more fuel?? this is just stupid!

Re-Union time, baby!!
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #1498 on: March 30, 2012, 05:24:50 AM »

Hope it goes like this

Axl: Thank you, Me and 4 other guys accept this award...blah blah blah

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #1499 on: March 30, 2012, 06:02:29 AM »

Dizzy's been longer in the band than somebody like Slash...

/jarmo

What a stupid fucking point. Regardless of how you feel about any of the original members, they're deserving. It's not about 'this guy' was in longer than 'this guy'. That's just idiotic and fucking moronic.

I don't get it Jarmo. When people who are 'Slash fanboys' or from the 'pro slash' camp troll on threads, and there are some that do, you call them out and tell them whats up, as you should. Yet you continually do the same thing on the other side of the spectrum. Don't you think everyone already knows you don't like Slash?

I was stating a fucking fact.

Try arguing with what I said instead of trying to insult me.

I get that he doesn't like Dizzy, but to refer to him as "some other guy"? He's been in the band longer than you were!

And now Adler mouthing of.

/jarmo

Well you're right, but somebody could say that dizzy wasn't on AFD and the piano's parts  in UYI were mostly written and performed by Axl (and so the dizzy induction in the Slash's perspective is a little bit excessive. I think for him is like Teddy Zig Zag being inducted )

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: