Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 01:26:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 495448 times)
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1440 on: March 29, 2012, 03:34:44 PM »

Wow, I realize now why Slash doesn't like to get asked about this stuff. It does get blown up quite a bit. However, I thought the comment was....interesting. I can see him thinking it should be the original 5 but he used the term "2 other guys are coming" like the HOF had invited the road crew or something.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #1441 on: March 29, 2012, 03:58:04 PM »

Dizzy's been longer in the band than somebody like Slash...

/jarmo

Yep...Tommy and Chris also.

I hope people realize Saul Hudson's true colors one day especially the media

Tommy and Chris have been in the band a long time, but I don't think anyone could realistically feel they deserve to be inducted into the hof because of it.

I guess it's an accomplishment to be in a band a long time, especially one with as much turnover in personnel as GN'R, but in the scenario mentioned, I'd say it's just a testament to what Slash and co were able to create in his short time with the band.

Dizzy has been in the band much longer, but with only one more album than Slash to show for it. Not suggesting he has anything to do with the productivity or lack thereof , since the classic lineup disbanded, but longevity I think is just kind of icing on the cake.

I wasn't in the studio and don't know exactly who brought what to the table, and not going to downplay anyone's accomplishments.
Slash knows better than us.
Personally I thought Dizzy, maybe even Matt were borderline, but can definitely see why their being inducted, since they were there during the massively successful UYI albums, and yes, in Dizzy's case, been in the band a loooong time.

As for Slash's comment. Not sure what his thought process is for thinking it should only be the original 5.
He didn't elaborate, and wasn't asked to.
I guess it's good fodder for the drama sponges that soak this stuff up.
Guess he's got some splain'in to do to Matt!

Those suggesting he should be on his toes so he doesn't upset Axl, I don't think men their age worry about that type of stuff, haha.

Most people don't care about Slash's or Axl's "true colors".
I like the music they made, but I don't pretend to know or them personally, or care to for that matter.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1442 on: March 29, 2012, 04:08:09 PM »

Bands don't get in based on their debut album... Its based on the significance of their catalog of work

ahem...Sex Pistols.

Ugh why do they keep getting drug into this thread?  Roll Eyes

Its been discussed

Believe me, Id like to talk about the Sex Pistols as little as possible...but you said no one gets in off of their first record, the Sex Pistols did.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #1443 on: March 29, 2012, 04:21:10 PM »

Bands don't get in based on their debut album... Its based on the significance of their catalog of work

ahem...Sex Pistols.

Its been discussed

Believe me, Id like to talk about the Sex Pistols as little as possible...but you said no one gets in off of their first record, the Sex Pistols did.

So its the ONLY thing that got them in?

Image, Influence, longevity, etc, had nothing to do with it?
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #1444 on: March 29, 2012, 05:04:26 PM »

Dizzy's been longer in the band than somebody like Slash...

/jarmo

Yep...Tommy and Chris also.

I hope people realize Saul Hudson's true colors one day especially the media

Tommy and Chris have been in the band a long time, but I don't think anyone could realistically feel they deserve to be inducted into the hof because of it.

I guess it's an accomplishment to be in a band a long time, especially one with as much turnover in personnel as GN'R, but in the scenario mentioned, I'd say it's just a testament to what Slash and co were able to create in his short time with the band.

Dizzy has been in the band much longer, but with only one more album than Slash to show for it. Not suggesting he has anything to do with the productivity or lack thereof , since the classic lineup disbanded, but longevity I think is just kind of icing on the cake.

I wasn't in the studio and don't know exactly who brought what to the table, and not going to downplay anyone's accomplishments.
Slash knows better than us.
Personally I thought Dizzy, maybe even Matt were borderline, but can definitely see why their being inducted, since they were there during the massively successful UYI albums, and yes, in Dizzy's case, been in the band a loooong time.

As for Slash's comment. Not sure what his thought process is for thinking it should only be the original 5.
He didn't elaborate, and wasn't asked to.
I guess it's good fodder for the drama sponges that soak this stuff up.
Guess he's got some splain'in to do to Matt!

Those suggesting he should be on his toes so he doesn't upset Axl, I don't think men their age worry about that type of stuff, haha.

Most people don't care about Slash's or Axl's "true colors".
I like the music they made, but I don't pretend to know or them personally, or care to for that matter.

Honestly I would have no problem with the current lineup also being inducted since most of them have been in the band longer than the classic AFD lineup especially seeing Rob go in with Metallica, Hagar etc.... In a perfect world, classic lineup gets inducted and current lineup performs.

When you say Dizzy was on more ablums are you counting GH and Live Era? If so then yeah...

The comment was unacceptable and uncalled for..and by true colors I meant he's always a positive media darling. I think he gots more than some splainin' to do. I mean what do you say to Sorum after a comment like that? It's going to be an awkward night at the GNR table for many many reasons.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #1445 on: March 29, 2012, 06:50:39 PM »

i am quite bewildered there is nowhere to watch it live.  i'd be willing to dish out $50 for it, how is this opportunity passing them by?

Second, NOBODY is paying 50 bucks to see  a few shots of a band sitting at a dinner table or to watch a speech on  TV.  If GN'R was going to perform that is one thing, they aren't, so most people besides us have lost interest.

i absolutely would.  $100 for that matter.  if it's the original gnr.

My posts all have hidden messages.  It's your job to find it.
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #1446 on: March 29, 2012, 06:57:25 PM »

so adler may not be the best to ask, but i'm sure he has more info than any of us do, and he says izzy's not going.  after reading that i bet axl and izzy dont show and the other 5 accept the award.  will still be pretty cool though.

?If it was up to me, we would have been playing for the fans a long time ago,? says Adler. ?Unfortunately, I have no say in that. I?m behind it 100 percent ? 111 percent! Put it this way; if the five original GN?R guys don?t get up there and play, I?m going up there just on the drum set and playing a couple of songs from ?Appetite for Destruction.? It?s for the fans. To me it?s just a rock ?n? roll band, but it?s a rock ?n? roll band that I?ve gotten so much love and respect from all over the world.?

?He?s my brother. I know he?s up to it,? Adler says about Slash and the Rock Hall reunion. ?He wants to do it. I want to do it. Just from what I hear, Izzy [Stradlin]?s not gonna show up and Axl will probably want to play with his hack band ? his band of hacks. ?Axl and His Hacks? ? it shouldn?t even be Guns N? Roses. He?s just driving that name into the freakin? ground. ?Axl and His Hacks.?

Adler continued, ?My grandmother always said, ?Time heals all wounds.? Slash and Axl are one to each other. It?s not like one of them slept with one of them?s wives or anything ? and even that?s forgivable after a while. There is no reason to be upset.?

m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #1447 on: March 29, 2012, 07:05:30 PM »

oh my god. stfu adler you moron. you have no tact. hacks? that is the RICHEST thing I've ever heard
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #1448 on: March 29, 2012, 07:07:44 PM »

i like axl and his current band, but anything adler says makes me laugh.  there's something so endearing about the way he speaks his mind, i can picture him calling them hacks with a huge smile.

Sergott
Opening Act

« Reply #1449 on: March 29, 2012, 07:09:34 PM »

Wow...it took me forever to find my password, but after reading what Adler said, I can see a fight breaking out for old times sake.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1450 on: March 29, 2012, 07:14:33 PM »

ahem...Sex Pistols.

Its been discussed

Image and Influence is the reason why EVERY band gets put in the Hall of Fame, they achieved that with one album, something you said nobody does.

Also I don't know where you get longevity, they have 1 album, where is the longevity there?

I'd love to stop talking about the Sex Pistols now, forever.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1451 on: March 29, 2012, 07:17:55 PM »

Honestly I would have no problem with the current lineup also being inducted since most of them have been in the band longer than the classic AFD lineup especially seeing Rob go in with Metallica, Hagar etc.... In a perfect world, classic lineup gets inducted and current lineup performs.

Hagar went in because his version of Van Halen was actually more successful than Roth's, Rob is debatable, but has been in the band for over a decade and sold millions of records with Metallica.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1452 on: March 29, 2012, 07:23:31 PM »

?If it was up to me, we would have been playing for the fans a long time ago,? says Adler. ?Unfortunately, I have no say in that. I?m behind it 100 percent ? 111 percent! Put it this way; if the five original GN?R guys don?t get up there and play, I?m going up there just on the drum set and playing a couple of songs from ?Appetite for Destruction.? It?s for the fans. To me it?s just a rock ?n? roll band, but it?s a rock ?n? roll band that I?ve gotten so much love and respect from all over the world.?

?He?s my brother. I know he?s up to it,? Adler says about Slash and the Rock Hall reunion. ?He wants to do it. I want to do it. Just from what I hear, Izzy [Stradlin]?s not gonna show up and Axl will probably want to play with his hack band ? his band of hacks. ?Axl and His Hacks? ? it shouldn?t even be Guns N? Roses. He?s just driving that name into the freakin? ground. ?Axl and His Hacks.?

Adler continued, ?My grandmother always said, ?Time heals all wounds.? Slash and Axl are one to each other. It?s not like one of them slept with one of them?s wives or anything ? and even that?s forgivable after a while. There is no reason to be upset.?

You knew it was coming. Cheesy  The link:

http://loudwire.com/steven-adler-calls-guns-n-roses-lineup-hacks-reaffirms-his-desire-to-reunite-at-rock-hall/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1453 on: March 29, 2012, 07:28:12 PM »

Oh wow.....good job Steven  Roll Eyes You probably just blew this whole thing to pieces

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #1454 on: March 29, 2012, 07:41:02 PM »

Oh wow.....good job Steven  Roll Eyes You probably just blew this whole thing to pieces

Exactly, what a great choice of words.  Now he will probably be the only one to show up.

I can't even imagine all these guys sitting at the same table after this nonsense.  It's just ridiculous at this point.  Everyone else has managed to keep civil about the whole thing and then he says something stupid like this.
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #1455 on: March 29, 2012, 07:43:34 PM »

Damn Steven don't be shy tell us what you really think!  Shocked
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #1456 on: March 29, 2012, 07:54:03 PM »

ahem...Sex Pistols.

Its been discussed

Image and Influence is the reason why EVERY band gets put in the Hall of Fame, they achieved that with one album, something you said nobody does.

Also I don't know where you get longevity, they have 1 album, where is the longevity there?

I'd love to stop talking about the Sex Pistols now, forever.

Well I do stand corrected, I know so little about them, I assumed they had more than 1 album... My bad

Ok we can stop now hihi
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #1457 on: March 29, 2012, 07:54:41 PM »

Haha what a golden opportunity for Axl during his speech.  He can let everyone else say their piece and then walk up to the mic and say with a smile "see... this is why I can't play with these motherfuckers anymore.  We can't even meet up for a dinner without fighting with each other beforehand.  We accomplished great things together, thank you for that, but this is the last time you'll see all of us in the same room.  Peace, I'm out bitches."

At least that's how I'd like to see it go down...
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #1458 on: March 29, 2012, 07:54:52 PM »

I know this isn't politically correct to say, but Adler really is a fucking retard
Sergott
Opening Act

« Reply #1459 on: March 29, 2012, 07:57:13 PM »

Hagar went in because his version of Van Halen was actually more successful than Roth's, Rob is debatable, but has been in the band for over a decade and sold millions of records with Metallica.

Untrue.  Hagar's albums went number 1 where Dave's never did.  However,  Both "Van Halen" and "1984" hit the ten million mark.  "5150" is the best selling Van Hagar album at the 6 million mark, barely over "Van Halen 2".  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: