Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 01:28:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 495458 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1420 on: March 29, 2012, 12:45:24 PM »

Not really.  Ronnie wood and Sammie Hagar weren't technically eligible and they were both there representing their respective bands.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #1421 on: March 29, 2012, 12:47:26 PM »

I can see why Slash would make the comment. Only the Appetite era should be eligible by the guidelines of the RRHOF.

The HOF says 25 after the band's first album, not the members first album with the band... Slash knows this, he was @ VH's
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1422 on: March 29, 2012, 12:51:57 PM »

I dont think they shouldve gotten in either. The new guy from the Chili Peppers shouldnt be in neither should Rob Trujillo who got in with Metallica. By these standards the current version of GNR should get in ( Not that I agree with it).
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1423 on: March 29, 2012, 12:59:01 PM »

Slash's just rating the AFD members more important than any following ones, which is basically the case anyway as its all about AFD in the 1st place.

but i dont think his comment was a good move. i mean, come on, its not hard to picture that Axl is copy/pasting/saving quotes from Slash and the rest to have back ups for his own words and arguments for any possible future questions/answers about HOF and re-union talking. because there is a very good chance Axl will be blamed for whatever will or will not happen at the HOF night.

Re-Union time, baby!!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #1424 on: March 29, 2012, 01:04:01 PM »

I dont think they shouldve gotten in either. The new guy from the Chili Peppers shouldnt be in neither should Rob Trujillo who got in with Metallica. By these standards the current version of GNR should get in ( Not that I agree with it).

Its not your call it's the HOF's... Slash knows these guys well... Hell matt is one of his close chums!

Slash's just rating the AFD members more important than any following ones, which is basically the case anyway as its all about AFD in the 1st place.

AFD is not the only reason they are getting in.. UYI sealed the deal... Bands don't get in based on their debut album... Its based on the significance of their catalog of work
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 01:05:57 PM by Loaded NightraiN » Logged
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1425 on: March 29, 2012, 01:04:20 PM »

I think that the speculation about whether they will or wont perform and not knowing the inductor is kinda badass. Its so "Guns N'Roses". Every other band has played by the rules so far. GNR in typical form refuses to do so. Love it.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1426 on: March 29, 2012, 01:10:53 PM »

AFD is not the only reason they are getting in.. UYI sealed the deal... Bands don't get in based on their debut album... Its based on the significance of their catalog of work

i know, sure. but i've meant this: AFD > UYI in many aspects and thats most likely the reason why Slash would be more ok with AFD members only.

Re-Union time, baby!!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #1427 on: March 29, 2012, 01:13:11 PM »

i know, sure. but i've meant this: AFD > UYI in many aspects and thats most likely the reason why Slash would be more ok with AFD members only.

Ok... But why question the other guys like he did? If Gilby got in, and he questioned that in this manner, I would understand
LRose
Opening Act

« Reply #1428 on: March 29, 2012, 01:25:25 PM »

Sometimes I wish they'd stop asking his a** these same questions so he can keep his "I'd like to but you know whom is..../ I'm not gonna do this at all/ I dunno" behind somewhere and sit down. confused
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1429 on: March 29, 2012, 01:27:16 PM »

Dizzy's been longer in the band than somebody like Slash...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1430 on: March 29, 2012, 01:37:50 PM »

Hmmm, I do think Slash could have answered that better.  I wonder what Matt thinks of that comment?  If I were Slash or anyone else I would just say thanks for being inducted and hopefully it's a great night and maybe we can play some songs.  This just seems to make things more tense within the group, but what do I know.  Maybe they all don't care.  Either way, I hope all get along for this one night and all attend.  Then, the can go do whatever. 
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #1431 on: March 29, 2012, 01:40:08 PM »

I am pretty sure I said earlier in this thread (about 50 pages ago haha) that I would personally prefer only the 5 who recorded AFD be inducted, but I understood how the HOF could induct the others.  There is no need to rehash this argument, we seriously had it a long time ago.  

Slash certainly could have worded it more.... politely.  

By the way, the interesting thing that gets lost in all of this is how the ex-members from AFD/UYI feel about Dizzy.  They are always asked about Axl, but not him.  Has an ex-member ever been asked about Dizzy in an interview?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 01:44:55 PM by WAR41 » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1432 on: March 29, 2012, 01:55:42 PM »

Slash: "There should just be the five of us, but there are two other guys coming that were invited.  I don't know exactly how that works."

rofl

Wow, I love reading this guy's quotes

"Two other guys"... He's acting like DJ and Buckethead are coming  hihi

Oh man

Yeah, referring to Matt that way, someone who's supposedly in his current band?  If they are at the same HOF table, that could make for an awkward conversation. hihi

And it could be yet another reason they're not performing -- if Slash doesn't even think Matt should be there. Undecided

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1433 on: March 29, 2012, 02:13:38 PM »

My gut feeling on this, and Im a conspiracy theorist so bare with me.  Slash let Matt know he was going to say this, Matt is actually fine with the "going along for the ride" thing so he doesn't mind.   This is actually a calculated shot at Dizzy.  Any takers on this?
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #1434 on: March 29, 2012, 02:19:38 PM »

My gut feeling on this, and Im a conspiracy theorist so bare with me.  Slash let Matt know he was going to say this, Matt is actually fine with the "going along for the ride" thing so he doesn't mind.   This is actually a calculated shot at Dizzy.  Any takers on this?

No
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1435 on: March 29, 2012, 02:22:00 PM »

My gut feeling on this, and Im a conspiracy theorist so bare with me.  Slash let Matt know he was going to say this, Matt is actually fine with the "going along for the ride" thing so he doesn't mind.   This is actually a calculated shot at Dizzy.  Any takers on this?

No. I just think Slash made a silly comment without thinking about the repercussions. He shouldve known better.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1436 on: March 29, 2012, 02:25:13 PM »

No. I just think Slash made a silly comment without thinking about the repercussions. He shouldve known better.

I only say this because nobody can actually be that dumb to make a comment like that, but you know what, maybe he is...Also I know Slash is not found of Dizzy and it wouldnt be the first shot he took at him.  It is however the first one at Matt.

Any chance by 5 he meant Axl, Slash, Duff, Matt and Izzy with Steven and Dizzy being the 2 add ons?  hihi
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1437 on: March 29, 2012, 02:26:12 PM »

Bands don't get in based on their debut album... Its based on the significance of their catalog of work

ahem...Sex Pistols.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #1438 on: March 29, 2012, 02:35:01 PM »

Bands don't get in based on their debut album... Its based on the significance of their catalog of work

ahem...Sex Pistols.

Ugh why do they keep getting drug into this thread?  Roll Eyes

Its been discussed
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #1439 on: March 29, 2012, 03:31:42 PM »

Dizzy's been longer in the band than somebody like Slash...

/jarmo

Yep...Tommy and Chris also.

I hope people realize Saul Hudson's true colors one day especially the media

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: