Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 11:14:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 495353 times)
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1400 on: March 29, 2012, 08:19:46 AM »

I want to say something here and it has fuck all to do with whether or not they play.  All due respect to other artists over the years (and other artists being inducted this year for that matter), but considering you have GNR, RHCP and Beastie Boys (all still "relevant") this year, it should have been held in a different venue in a better city.  No offense to Cleveland, I know the schedule (I think every 3 years they have it there), I know the history of the city and of the hall, but still.  At the very least, and I think we can all agree to this, it should be broadcast live on some channel on TV (preferably) or at least on the internet.  In this day and age, what's the point broadcasting it in May on HBO, when everyone is going to watch it the next day on youtube?

Guns n Roses played in the very same venue in the late 80's, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers played a small club about 15 minutes away from the same venue opening up for Bad Brains before they hit big, but I guess they should have the ceremony at the MGM Grand in Vegas or something. Yeah.

libertad
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #1401 on: March 29, 2012, 09:22:50 AM »

i am quite bewildered there is nowhere to watch it live.  i'd be willing to dish out $50 for it, how is this opportunity passing them by?

My posts all have hidden messages.  It's your job to find it.
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #1402 on: March 29, 2012, 09:56:34 AM »

i am quite bewildered there is nowhere to watch it live.  i'd be willing to dish out $50 for it, how is this opportunity passing them by?

You can watch it live at the Rock Hall.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1403 on: March 29, 2012, 10:13:05 AM »

I think you are overestimating the whole thing.  First off, the Hall of Fame is an extremely fucking boring thing to watch.  I remember having to sit through 4 hours of nonsense just to see Metallica's thing at the end in 2009.

Second, NOBODY is paying 50 bucks to see  a few shots of a band sitting at a dinner table or to watch a speech on  TV.  If GN'R was going to perform that is one thing, they aren't, so most people besides us have lost interest.

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1404 on: March 29, 2012, 10:21:16 AM »

There are only 5 billion different awards shows on television each year in the US, most of them country music. The average person isn't paying $50 to watch another one.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #1405 on: March 29, 2012, 10:24:59 AM »

I think you are overestimating the whole thing.  First off, the Hall of Fame is an extremely fucking boring thing to watch.  I remember having to sit through 4 hours of nonsense just to see Metallica's thing at the end in 2009.

Second, NOBODY is paying 50 bucks to see  a few shots of a band sitting at a dinner table or to watch a speech on  TV.  If GN'R was going to perform that is one thing, they aren't, so most people besides us have lost interest.

Rod Stewart will be reuniting with The Faces to perform. You know there'll be a lot of interest in that.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1406 on: March 29, 2012, 10:31:28 AM »

$50? No.

$15 to $20, for a live stream of the event?  I'd do that.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #1407 on: March 29, 2012, 10:36:27 AM »

$50? No.

$15 to $20, for a live stream of the event?  I'd do that.

A live-stream would be GREAT. 15-20 or 50....whatever ok

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1408 on: March 29, 2012, 10:46:20 AM »

Rod Stewart will be reuniting with The Faces to perform. You know there'll be a lot of interest in that.

I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic with that or not.  I'm assuming yes?  I'm not trying to be a dick, I am actually asking.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 10:48:22 AM by Bodhi » Logged
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #1409 on: March 29, 2012, 10:49:23 AM »

I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic with that or not.

I'm not. The Faces are an extremely popular band. They haven't performed together for ages. There will be interest in it. Whether it will be good or not is another matter.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1410 on: March 29, 2012, 10:56:44 AM »

I'm not. The Faces are an extremely popular band. They haven't performed together for ages. There will be interest in it. Whether it will be good or not is another matter.

oh ok, well that is honestly the first time I have heard that they are playing there.  They WERE a popular band, I wouldn't say they are a popular band now.  I work in the music media, and there are 3 topics that are getting attention from the Hall of Fame this year, GN'R, Beasties, and RHCP.  I also know several people who are not even covering the Hall of Fame this year after GNR said they weren't performing, up until that point there was obviously some interest.  I really haven't heard anyone I work with mention the Faces thing, but also keep in mind we all try to go after the young audience, 12-30, teenagers have no idea who most of these bands are.  It is sad really.  Beasties and RHCP wouldn't even be considered popular right now, its all about about Lil Wayne and Deadmau5.  Remember I said popular, not good.   Smiley
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 10:59:17 AM by Bodhi » Logged
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #1411 on: March 29, 2012, 11:56:59 AM »

oh ok, well that is honestly the first time I have heard that they are playing there.  They WERE a popular band, I wouldn't say they are a popular band now.  I work in the music media, and there are 3 topics that are getting attention from the Hall of Fame this year, GN'R, Beasties, and RHCP.  I also know several people who are not even covering the Hall of Fame this year after GNR said they weren't performing, up until that point there was obviously some interest.  I really haven't heard anyone I work with mention the Faces thing, but also keep in mind we all try to go after the young audience, 12-30, teenagers have no idea who most of these bands are.  It is sad really.  Beasties and RHCP wouldn't even be considered popular right now, its all about about Lil Wayne and Deadmau5.  Remember I said popular, not good.   Smiley

Yeah I'm not sure a Faces reunion would set the world on fire, but I'd certainly be interested in seeing it.
If they weren't older than shit, and Ronnie Lane was still alive, it would be almost as exciting as the prospect of a GN'R reunion for me.
One of the best rock collections I've stumbled upon is the Faces, 5 guys walk into a bar...
I've found that there are more people than not that had no idea Rod was in the Jeff Beck Group and the Faces, and only know him (and hate him) because of Maggie May.
I'd like to buy a ticket just for the Faces, but it seems people are still holding out hope for GN'R, and tickets are still $400 plus. Couple that with the fact that I have no idea how much attention the hall with pay to the criminally underrated Faces. I don't want to drop $1,000 or whatever the trip would cost and end up seeing 1 song, which I have a feeling is the most they will get.
I always found it strange that Rod Stewarts popularity didn't generate more interest in his back catalogue, when he was truly great. I think Stay with Me is the only song I've heard on the radio. Maybe the hall will do it right. They should take advantage of the few good bands they have left. Rocks deader than shit as far as this old fart is concerned.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1412 on: March 29, 2012, 12:07:12 PM »

From Slash when asked about the seven members being inducted: Lips Sealed

Slash: "There should just be the five of us, but there are two other guys coming that were invited.  I don't know exactly how that works."

About a minute in on the interview: http://www.q1043.com/cc-common/mainheadlines2.html?feed=428240&article=9957297

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #1413 on: March 29, 2012, 12:14:09 PM »

Slash: "There should just be the five of us, but there are two other guys coming that were invited.  I don't know exactly how that works."

rofl

Wow, I love reading this guy's quotes

"Two other guys"... He's acting like DJ and Buckethead are coming  hihi

Oh man
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1414 on: March 29, 2012, 12:19:51 PM »

Baron von Storm isn't welcome?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #1415 on: March 29, 2012, 12:20:41 PM »

Baron von Storm isn't welcome?

/jarmo

Maybe this is his way of telling him he's out of VR  Grin
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1416 on: March 29, 2012, 12:27:01 PM »

I'm a little surprised that he knocked Matt & Dizzy being invited.   Undecided 

Maybe he's worried that might complicate an already complicated situation regarding a possible performance...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1417 on: March 29, 2012, 12:34:36 PM »

Maybe he's worried that might complicate an already complicated situation regarding a possible performance...
I don't know what that was about.  Why even go there?  If everyone will be sitting together that chooses to attend, why make a comment like that before hand?  It has the potential to make an already awkward situation more awkward.

Ali
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1418 on: March 29, 2012, 12:37:50 PM »

I don't know what that was about.  Why even go there?  If everyone will be sitting together that chooses to attend, why make a comment like that before hand?  It has the potential to make an already awkward situation more awkward.

Ali

Possibly.  You can bet Axl's keeping tabs on what they're all saying publicly too.
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1419 on: March 29, 2012, 12:40:07 PM »

I can see why Slash would make the comment. Only the Appetite era should be eligible by the guidelines of the RRHOF.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: