Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 11:18:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 495366 times)
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #1380 on: March 27, 2012, 04:22:39 PM »

Part of the problem the Sex Pistols had was that their "attitude" and "rebellion" which was genuine to them was packaged and sold by managers and record companies. They realized at some point that they were viewed as a product by certain people instead of a real band. The same kind of people that choose who goes into a certain Hall of Fame.

Good point, but unfortunately that is the way of the world.  When there is money to be made, then money will be made.  Can't blame anyone for trying to cash in (either in the band, the labels or managers). 
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #1381 on: March 27, 2012, 08:33:06 PM »

Wow, 70 pages and counting.  Are we all going to survive until the Hall of Fame?!?!?!   crying

Going out on a limb here, but... MY PREDICTION FOR THE HALL OF FAME:

This thread will generated more hype and excitement than ANYTHING we may see at the Hall of fame!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1382 on: March 27, 2012, 09:04:13 PM »

Sex Pistols thing to me is no different than Cobain being on Rolling Stone magazine with a T Shirt that said COrporate mags suck or whatever... U are still on the cover

Same when he changed Rape Me to Waif Me to sell more albums at Wal Mart.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1383 on: March 27, 2012, 09:09:46 PM »

Sex Pistols thing to me is no different than Cobain being on Rolling Stone magazine with a T Shirt that said COrporate mags suck or whatever... U are still on the cover

How is it the same thing?

Scenario #1: They didn't agree and didn't show up.
Scenario #2: He didn't agree, but took part in photo shoot and was on the cover

How the hell is that the same?

Sell more because more fans who live in places where the album wouldn't be sold gets to buy it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dave Jenno
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1384 on: March 27, 2012, 09:20:19 PM »

The Pistols have always stuck to their beliefs. The music establishment treated them like shit when they started, dropped by their label when there was a backlash to them, and thrown to the wolves. Johnny Rotten was skint after he quit the band. He quit because he couldn't fake it.
The butter commercial was to finance getting Public Image Ltd back together for a tour.
If the Pistols had've been inducted, it would've made a mockery of their very existence.
Birk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1385 on: March 27, 2012, 09:28:32 PM »

The more its talked about the more crazy i feel knowing i will be there  confused
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1386 on: March 27, 2012, 10:15:00 PM »

Part of the problem the Sex Pistols had was that their "attitude" and "rebellion" which was genuine to them was packaged and sold by managers and record companies. They realized at some point that they were viewed as a product by certain people instead of a real band. The same kind of people that choose who goes into a certain Hall of Fame.

Good point, but unfortunately that is the way of the world.  When there is money to be made, then money will be made.  Can't blame anyone for trying to cash in (either in the band, the labels or managers). 

Thats not entirely true.  A punk band like Pennywise has been around for 20 years and sold millions of records all while turning down every major label that has offered them a deal.  They are a band that walks the walk.

However you are right, for the most part bands will cash in because that is the way of the world.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #1387 on: March 28, 2012, 02:11:53 AM »

Sex Pistols, my ass!  If I were in a band who was invited to be inducted into the RnR HOF, I'd be completed honored.  And the HOF is what it is.  There are many artists who haven't been included who maybe should be, and that is so true.  It is what it is.  You can be honored for being there, and still recognize that some artists haven't been inducted or included.  My thought is, that if you are inducted, then it is an honor and you better do it right and make it right.  However that may be.  Van Halen route?  Metallica route?  There shouldn't be any more thought to this.  Do it and do it right.  It doesn't mean there has to be a reunion.  But you better buck up for what and who you are and why you're there...be adults, and make the best of it.           
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #1388 on: March 28, 2012, 03:14:01 AM »

Sex Pistols, my ass!  If I were in a band who was invited to be inducted into the RnR HOF, I'd be completed honored.  And the HOF is what it is.  There are many artists who haven't been included who maybe should be, and that is so true.  It is what it is.  You can be honored for being there, and still recognize that some artists haven't been inducted or included.  My thought is, that if you are inducted, then it is an honor and you better do it right and make it right.  However that may be.  Van Halen route?  Metallica route?  There shouldn't be any more thought to this.  Do it and do it right.  It doesn't mean there has to be a reunion.  But you better buck up for what and who you are and why you're there...be adults, and make the best of it.           

IMO the HOF has shown itself to be a joke by the completely arbitrary way it goes about its business. However if any of the band do show up to the induction ceremony then all I'd wish for is that they stay true to themselves and don't conform to any "middle America" expectations.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #1389 on: March 28, 2012, 08:45:29 AM »

This is exactly how things work. Artists kiss the media's big ass all the fucking time, and how does the media return the favor? By reporting negative bullshit and twisting things to suit their agendas.

/jarmo

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about". O. Wilde

In Italy we say: Whether good or bad, hopefully people will talk about it.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1390 on: March 28, 2012, 09:51:17 AM »

The Sex Pistols thing is nothing like that. They did not choose to be in the HOF and then they chose not to go to the ceremony.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #1391 on: March 28, 2012, 10:30:26 AM »

I want to say something here and it has fuck all to do with whether or not they play.  All due respect to other artists over the years (and other artists being inducted this year for that matter), but considering you have GNR, RHCP and Beastie Boys (all still "relevant") this year, it should have been held in a different venue in a better city.  No offense to Cleveland, I know the schedule (I think every 3 years they have it there), I know the history of the city and of the hall, but still.  At the very least, and I think we can all agree to this, it should be broadcast live on some channel on TV (preferably) or at least on the internet.  In this day and age, what's the point broadcasting it in May on HBO, when everyone is going to watch it the next day on youtube?

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #1392 on: March 28, 2012, 10:36:34 AM »

I want to say something here and it has fuck all to do with whether or not they play.  All due respect to other artists over the years (and other artists being inducted this year for that matter), but considering you have GNR, RHCP and Beastie Boys (all still "relevant") this year, it should have been held in a different venue in a better city.  No offense to Cleveland, I know the schedule (I think every 3 years they have it there), I know the history of the city and of the hall, but still.  At the very least, and I think we can all agree to this, it should be broadcast live on some channel on TV (preferably) or at least on the internet.  In this day and age, what's the point broadcasting it in May on HBO, when everyone is going to watch it the next day on youtube?

Don't see why you think it should not be in Cleveland. I mean that is the location of the Rock Hall! I'm really looking forward to visiting from the Uk. Looks like a great city! Makes a change from NYC.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1393 on: March 28, 2012, 11:36:51 AM »

Don't see why you think it should not be in Cleveland. I mean that is the location of the Rock Hall! I'm really looking forward to visiting from the Uk. Looks like a great city! Makes a change from NYC.

Have fun! Be careful not to trip over a hobo on your way to the ceremony.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1394 on: March 28, 2012, 12:05:53 PM »

From Steven Adler:

I would love to for the fans RT @MarthaQuinn: ?@loudwire: Slash Would 'Love to Play' w Orig Guns Lineup at Rock Hall Wow! what about you?

11:32 PM - 27 Mar 12

SLASH REVEALS HE WOULD ?LOVE TO PLAY? WITH ORIGINAL GUNS N? ROSES LINEUP AT ROCK HALL

http://loudwire.com/slash-reveals-he-would-love-to-play-with-original-guns-n-roses-lineup-at-rock-hall-induction/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #1395 on: March 28, 2012, 03:04:10 PM »

Try not to breathe the city's wonderfully clean air.

Axl is God.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1396 on: March 28, 2012, 03:18:09 PM »

Try not to breathe the city's wonderfully clean air.

All the major cities in this country are shit holes in one way or another,  its not fair to just pick on Cleveland.   Every morning that I can avoid getting pissed on by a homeless man in NYC is a good day.  There are nice sections and bad sections of every city.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1397 on: March 28, 2012, 03:19:12 PM »

Here's a nice promotional video from the Cleveland Board of Tourism:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM   Great city indeed!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1398 on: March 28, 2012, 04:43:56 PM »

Here's a nice promotional video from the Cleveland Board of Tourism:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM   Great city indeed!

Our main export is crippling depression.... hihi hihi

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #1399 on: March 29, 2012, 07:39:26 AM »

From Steven Adler:

I would love to for the fans RT @MarthaQuinn: ?@loudwire: Slash Would 'Love to Play' w Orig Guns Lineup at Rock Hall Wow! what about you?

11:32 PM - 27 Mar 12

SLASH REVEALS HE WOULD ?LOVE TO PLAY? WITH ORIGINAL GUNS N? ROSES LINEUP AT ROCK HALL

http://loudwire.com/slash-reveals-he-would-love-to-play-with-original-guns-n-roses-lineup-at-rock-hall-induction/

Unless I'm mistaken, Axl never talked about that since 1994 (the fact that he'd like to play with them) and I don't think it will happen.

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: