Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 07:25:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 495213 times)
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #1320 on: March 26, 2012, 12:15:59 PM »

This is kinda a dead topic at this point, don't y'all think? The fact that they are not performing makes the whole thing a bore, and the induction will just be routine. Will some or all of 'the guys' be there? Whatever. I'm a huge Guns fan, past and present, but the level of drama revolving around this induction has completely eroded my interest. The fact that these grown men just "can't let IT go" has made for a terrific soap opera and a trashed legacy of Spinal Tap proportions. It's not like they're the first band ruined by excesses and ego trips, but at least some of those bands still managed to pull together and keep the train a'rollin............

Sums up my feelings pretty well.  I bought tix for the ceremony, but once Schaffer tweeted that GNR wasn't playing I was no longer interested in attending and sold my tickets.  I will watch the official airing on HBO in May. 

One thing that I just thought of that would be hilarious is if Axl played 'My World' at the ceremony.  Think about it, its a 'classic era' GNR song that the original band doesn't have to perform on.  Problem solved!  peace
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #1321 on: March 26, 2012, 12:25:53 PM »

Now Slash is saying that they should play and that he would like it...listen for yourselves

http://media.waaf.com/a/53614951/slash-guns-n-roses-and-velvet-revolver.htm#.T3CO7wydOII.twitter

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #1322 on: March 26, 2012, 12:29:53 PM »

Now Slash is saying that they should play and that he would like it...listen for yourselves

http://media.waaf.com/a/53614951/slash-guns-n-roses-and-velvet-revolver.htm#.T3CO7wydOII.twitter

Im not a slash hater by any means... But damn this guy can never stop flip-flopping... I mean love or hate Axl, he's always consistent
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1323 on: March 26, 2012, 12:47:20 PM »

Im not a slash hater by any means... But damn this guy can never stop flip-flopping... I mean love or hate Axl, he's always consistent

Yes, it's better in life to stay consistent and hate someone-what is he thinking!

libertad
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #1324 on: March 26, 2012, 12:49:10 PM »

This is kinda a dead topic at this point, don't y'all think? The fact that they are not performing makes the whole thing a bore, and the induction will just be routine. Will some or all of 'the guys' be there? Whatever. I'm a huge Guns fan, past and present, but the level of drama revolving around this induction has completely eroded my interest. The fact that these grown men just "can't let IT go" has made for a terrific soap opera and a trashed legacy of Spinal Tap proportions. It's not like they're the first band ruined by excesses and ego trips, but at least some of those bands still managed to pull together and keep the train a'rollin............

Sums up my feelings pretty well.  I bought tix for the ceremony, but once Schaffer tweeted that GNR wasn't playing I was no longer interested in attending and sold my tickets.  I will watch the official airing on HBO in May. 

One thing that I just thought of that would be hilarious is if Axl played 'My World' at the ceremony.  Think about it, its a 'classic era' GNR song that the original band doesn't have to perform on.  Problem solved!  peace

Haha! You got it ok

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #1325 on: March 26, 2012, 01:10:04 PM »

When did he say he didn't want to play?
I read that they had no plans to, but not that he was against it.

Anyways, normal people do change their minds.
Staying consistent could also be described as stubborn.

Personally I don't know why any of them would bother showing up if they didn't want to play.
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #1326 on: March 26, 2012, 01:18:48 PM »

He never said he did not want to play in the first interview. He said they were not playing. Now in this interview he is simply saying he would like to play. How is that a flip flop?
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1327 on: March 26, 2012, 01:20:34 PM »

Somebody find Izzy and get him there, on time.  They're going to play, at least that's my bet.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1328 on: March 26, 2012, 01:24:41 PM »

i also diagree about a possible performance being only Axl's decision here, if Slash doesnt want to perform there it wouldnt happen aswell.

But the process starts with Axl.  Slash doesn't even get to weigh in until Axl gives his yea or nea.  So, ultimately, it starts there.

the process just started...with Slash  Wink

Uh...no.

He simply commented on it.

Which isn't remotely the same thing, obviously.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #1329 on: March 26, 2012, 01:34:16 PM »

Don't give up hope....as Slash says it would be cool!
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #1330 on: March 26, 2012, 01:56:21 PM »

Right, he never said he didn?t want to. None of them have. They all have said it would be cool, is just that last week?s comments by Slash were a total letdown and aconfirmation that they were not playing.

I might be dreaming, but I have a feeling that it might end up happening.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #1331 on: March 26, 2012, 02:11:04 PM »

Right, he never said he didn?t want to. None of them have. They all have said it would be cool, is just that last week?s comments by Slash were a total letdown and aconfirmation that they were not playing.

I might be dreaming, but I have a feeling that it might end up happening.

I don't know, it seems right in line with what I had already assumed.
I figured most of the guys would be for it, but Axl and Izzy were the wild cards.
Obviously all speculation on Axl and Izzy's part since they haven't spoken much publicly about it, but who knows if Izzy would be interested enough to show up.
The end of the Slash interview also suggests Axl not being interested, and if that's the case it's all she wrote. I'm not convinced, but if they play I'm gonna be pissed I got outbid on those ebay tickets!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #1332 on: March 26, 2012, 02:44:14 PM »

Well the fact he refused to talk about it the other day, now he is...

But my comment was in general with him.... Look at the past, its there

Yes, it's better in life to stay consistent and hate someone-what is he thinking!

Not what I meant... His stories have always remained the same
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 02:45:54 PM by Loaded NightraiN » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1333 on: March 26, 2012, 03:06:07 PM »

Here's just some of what he says. (@6:55)

WAAF: Are you going to the HOF induction thing, I know you guys aren't going to playing.

Slash: I'm definitely going. We should play, we should play. I mean I'd like it if we'd played but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

WAAF: So you'd like to play?

Slash: We have this legion of fans from the old days and a lot of new fans and so on and so forth. And it would be worth it for them to do it, you know. It's been for the longest time, ever since this first came up, it was made clear, the playing part wasn't going to happen so...

WAAF: Well I hope you do play, I think that would be great. I'm glad to hear you'd like to do it.

Slash: Yeah, no it would be cool.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #1334 on: March 26, 2012, 03:17:01 PM »

Well some of it is clearly how you are interpreting what he is saying, because he didn't "flip flop" or "refuse" anything here.
He said essentially the same thing. He said they weren't playing in the first interview, didn't get into why.
This time, when pressed, said he'd like to play, but it was made clear to him by someone else that there would be no performance.

Axl's stories may be consistent, but those stories are few and far between.
40oz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1335 on: March 26, 2012, 03:33:08 PM »

Here's just some of what he says. (@6:55)

WAAF: Are you going to the HOF induction thing, I know you guys aren't going to playing.

Slash: I'm definitely going. We should play, we should play. I mean I'd like it if we'd played but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

WAAF: So you'd like to play?

Slash: We have this legion of fans from the old days and a lot of new fans and so on and so forth. And it would be worth it for them to do it, you know. It's been for the longest time, ever since this first came up, it was made clear, the playing part wasn't going to happen so...

WAAF: Well I hope you do play, I think that would be great. I'm glad to hear you'd like to do it.

Slash: Yeah, no it would be cool.

You forgot the part just before your last Q&A that asked Slash "Who says that you aren't going to play?  Is that Axl?"  Slash replies "No, not necessarily Axl."   The interviewer then says "So Axl's people?"  Slash chooses not to respond.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1336 on: March 26, 2012, 03:37:21 PM »

You forgot the part just before your last Q&A that asked Slash "Who says that you aren't going to play?  Is that Axl?"  Slash replies "No, not necessarily Axl."   The interviewer then says "So Axl's people?"  Slash chooses not to respond.

I didn't forget it.  I said that was just some of what he said. Wink

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #1337 on: March 26, 2012, 04:13:42 PM »

slash, izzy, steven, duff, and sebastian will play. 

i'd buy that album.

My posts all have hidden messages.  It's your job to find it.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #1338 on: March 26, 2012, 04:20:09 PM »

Well some of it is clearly how you are interpreting what he is saying, because he didn't "flip flop" or "refuse" anything here.
He said essentially the same thing. He said they weren't playing in the first interview, didn't get into why.
This time, when pressed, said he'd like to play, but it was made clear to him by someone else that there would be no performance.

Yeah you're right, i may have been multi tasking while listening...

Axl's stories may be consistent, but those stories are few and far between.

That's a discussion not fit for this thread  ok
feestybaby
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1339 on: March 26, 2012, 06:03:56 PM »

Its going to be an interesting night for sure, I just hope Axl doesnt feel pressured into something that he doesnt want to do. I think it would be a great spectacle to see the original lineup perform together for one night Grin I think that the current lineup and the original band have a great musical respect and any animosity is fictional. These guys are all great musicians! I do feel that Axl is the one who will be made the scapegoat if anything doesn't go the way the media/casual fan expects it to but hey thats just my opinion. Huge respect to all past/current members of GnR beer In regards to the induction then Steven Tyler/Elton John/Jagger would be great
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: