Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 03:23:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228518 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 494989 times)
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1240 on: March 23, 2012, 12:38:08 AM »

Tons of people have confirmed that only those 7 are getting inducted. I read a Baron Von Storm interview today that confirmed it as well.

Broski
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #1241 on: March 23, 2012, 02:55:56 AM »

I disagree bridge. There are lots of political things going on. They definitely chose those 7 because they want them to perform, look at the "selected quotes" on the hall of fame website in the guns n roses section - referencing a possible performance.

Also Jarmos point about inducting klinghoffer from the chili peppers and not Navarro. Explain that with your "most successful period" argument. "I'm with you" has definetly made less of an impact then Chinese democracy, yet klinghoffer gets in and no nu gnr do? TBH I think there is no way klinghoffer should be there. But it just reveals how political the selection process and member selection is. They are trying to engineer a performance for maximum publicity. That's why klinghoffer was inducted.

Totally agree with you that there's a not very well hidden agenda behind the naming of certain individuals. I notice that Billboard include Gilby in their list too, presumably in case Izzy fails to show.  Grin

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #1242 on: March 23, 2012, 04:49:03 AM »

What a mess... I just hope they can get through it

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1243 on: March 23, 2012, 05:32:18 AM »

Maybe stupid question here, but when again is the event foreseen?

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
T-Bone
Opening Act

« Reply #1244 on: March 23, 2012, 08:49:16 AM »

Maybe stupid question here, but when again is the event foreseen?

I foresee the induction ceremony being held Saturday, April 14.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #1245 on: March 23, 2012, 09:02:28 AM »

The 7 being inducted makes sense. The hall got it right. But, yes, I'm sure they were obviously hoping classic GN'R would agree to perform.
Now that they have apparently ruled it out, I'm sure the hall wishes they had waited to induct them!
Now they will have to scramble to find a big name performer to close the show, because I don't think the world will be tuning in to watch Slash and Axl eat at the same table.
Then again people tune in to watch a lot of shit I don't understand. Anyways, the hall should have seen it coming.

The new chili peppers guitarist has no business being inducted, and the hall really loses credibility with examples like that.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1246 on: March 23, 2012, 10:18:16 AM »

Matt says they will be sitting at the same table. How I would love a spot at that table for the night.

libertad
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1247 on: March 23, 2012, 10:22:32 AM »

yeah it makes no sense, the new Chili Pepper guitarist has only been the band for 5 years(he joined in 07 during Stadium Arcadium), and toured 2 albums for them.  He has no business being in there.  Neither does Dave Navarro.  Usually the Hall gets it right, as they did by leaving Gary Cherone out when Van Halen got in.  

Also in the case of Rob Truijillo, time has proven that he does belong in there  with them.  He has been in the band for 11 years, sold millions of records with them and is viewed as an equal part of the band.  It is hard to imagine Metallica today without him, and what he has done for them over the lat 11 years.  10 years from now if Klinghoffer is still in the band and they are still selling out arenas then maybe we will think differently.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 10:25:11 AM by Bodhi » Logged
snead hearn
Rocker

LORD OF THE BARNYARD

« Reply #1248 on: March 23, 2012, 10:40:04 AM »

23 more days! Can't wait to be there!

As for an GNR inductor I'm hoping it WON'T be Sebastian Bach. An induction speech by Bach would be like allowing your annoying uncle say grace at holiday dinner after one too many scotch's.

May 9, 1988 Felt Forum, NYC
December 5, 2002 Madison Square Garden, NYC
May 17, 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #1249 on: March 23, 2012, 10:47:33 AM »

As for an GNR inductor I'm hoping it WON'T be Sebastian Bach. An induction speech by Bach would be like allowing your annoying uncle say grace at holiday dinner after one too many scotch's.

Baz would be a good inductor IMO. A man with respect in all "camps" I believe, a man who can sing a Guns song or two, and positive spirit! Let Michael Monroe join him, and we are up for a good night  Smiley Maybe Backyard Babies could be the band  ok

That said, I would love to see Lemmy and Elton John show their respect too yes

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #1250 on: March 23, 2012, 10:51:17 AM »

Baz would be a good inductor IMO. A man with respect in all "camps" I believe, a man who can sing a Guns song or two, and positive spirit! Let Michael Monroe join him, and we are up for a good night  Smiley Maybe Backyard Babies could be the band  ok

That said, I would love to see Lemmy and Elton John show their respect too yes

Sebastian is the man, but I think they could do better. If Sebastian were the guy, I like your idea of Monroe joining though.

Lemmy or Elton would be awesome.
Mick and Keith are obvious. Tyler and Perry could be cool.
Ozzy might be entertaining.

Definitely hoping they do better than Liam Gallagher.
Shouldn't be hard.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #1251 on: March 23, 2012, 11:09:41 AM »

Tyler and Perry are the most appropriate....Gnr were just a more aggressive 70's Aerosmith....a lot of similarities between the 2.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1252 on: March 23, 2012, 11:13:31 AM »

Sebastian is the man, but I think they could do better. If Sebastian were the guy, I like your idea of Monroe joining though.

Lemmy or Elton would be awesome.
Mick and Keith are obvious. Tyler and Perry could be cool.
Ozzy might be entertaining.

Definitely hoping they do better than Liam Gallagher.
Shouldn't be hard.

Dude you are aware of what a big deal Liam Gallagher is right?  He is one of if not the biggest rock star to come out of England in the last 30 years.   I would be shocked if Liam agreed to do it.

Even though they are dinosaurs at this point I think Tyler and Perry would be pretty cool, really hoping it's not Bach, that would be super lame.  It would be great to get someone with musical credibility.  I thought Metallica did a great job with Flea, he gave one of the best speeches I have ever heard at one of these things.  Maybe Lars?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 11:18:45 AM by Bodhi » Logged
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1253 on: March 23, 2012, 11:35:14 AM »

aint it "younger" ones introducing the bands normally? like Axl introduced Elton John in 1994? or is it not an standard (respect for the older generation) at all?

Re-Union time, baby!!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #1254 on: March 23, 2012, 11:39:14 AM »

In a perfect world I'd like the AFD/UYI lineups to preform, with Axl stating before a single note is played '1 night only'...

Have them play a few songs with a little respectful interaction, Goodnight, and Axl slips out the back door
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1255 on: March 23, 2012, 11:44:50 AM »

aint it "younger" ones introducing the bands normally? like Axl introduced Elton John in 1994? or is it not an standard (respect for the older generation) at all?

usually a standard, but what young artists would do it?  Avenged Sevenfold is the biggest band that GNR has directly influenced, selling millions of records topping the Billboard etc,. They toured with GNR, played live  with Slash and Duff, but they are touring Japan that week.  I'm sure that avenue was already explored.

Other than that what bands are we looking at?  Buckcherry?  Might as well get Bach.  There haven't been a bunch of successful hard rock bands to come out in the last 15 years.

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1256 on: March 23, 2012, 11:48:53 AM »

Korn maybe? not my cup of tea though....

Re-Union time, baby!!
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #1257 on: March 23, 2012, 11:52:41 AM »

usually a standard, but what young artists would do it?  Avenged Sevenfold is the biggest band that GNR has directly influenced, selling millions of records topping the Billboard etc,. They toured with GNR, played live  with Slash and Duff, but they are touring Japan that week.  I'm sure that avenue was already explored.

Other than that what bands are we looking at?  Buckcherry?  Might as well get Bach.  There haven't been a bunch of successful hard rock bands to come out in the last 15 years.

Lzzy from Halestorm, maybe? (She can perform, too... she does an awesome 'Out Ta Get Me').
Rivers from Weezer? He's a huge Guns fan.
Jonathan Davis?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1258 on: March 23, 2012, 12:08:49 PM »

Korn maybe? not my cup of tea though....

yeah they are kind of on the older side too now.  If they decide to go a little older they could go with guys  like Trent Reznor or Marilyn Manson.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 12:13:11 PM by Bodhi » Logged
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1259 on: March 23, 2012, 12:14:38 PM »

And didnt Oasis big up GnR at Rock in Rio in 2001 when they both played?

I know Oasis went on before them, I don't remember they said anything about them.  I can't imagine GNR being Liam's cup of tea, he is Stones, Beatles kind of guy.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: