Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 01:18:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228518 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 494644 times)
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1200 on: March 22, 2012, 04:46:19 AM »

"what we've got here.....is a failure to communicate"

Re-Union time, baby!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1201 on: March 22, 2012, 09:00:16 AM »

Am I the only one who thinks they actually might not sound good if they tried to play together after a near 20 year break?  You guys act like they will just jump on stage together and jam it out, there are sound checks and rehearsals and all that nonsense, it is a pretty big commitment.  

The original Guns N Roses or at least 3/5 of it went out on top in front of 70,000 fans...just leave it at that.  Don't understand the closure argument, there wasn't a better sendoff for that line up than that.

I am really not shocked at all they are not playing, I never expected them to.  If I did I would have booked a trip to Cleveland.   I didn't even expect all of them to show up, which still remains to be seen.

Bottom line, this is a great honor for the band, and shows their influence on the music business.  It is nice to see them get this type of recognition.  In 2012, GNR still has a ton of dates to play and Slash has a new record and tour...hardly a shitty time to be a fan of GNR, past present and future.
Don't see how.

Slash has been playing the songs, Duff knows them, sure Izzy didn't forget the chords etc..

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1202 on: March 22, 2012, 09:02:16 AM »

My feeling would be, if they did play, it isn't like Axl would wanna talk to Slash etc for a long duration

so few days before, Axl calls Duff, tells him he is in, get the other 4 guys together and jam these songs etc

Those 4 or however many rehearse it

Axl gets onstage, sings them, exits stage and thats that.

Axl has never been a rehearsal guy anyway right?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #1203 on: March 22, 2012, 09:03:57 AM »

?And we?re not playing. I would imagine that they asked us to play but I know that we?re not playing.?

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/03/21/rock-hall-nod-not-exciting-slash

Well, there's more confirmation here.

Saul won't be playing but Guns N' Roses might hit the stage.....

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #1204 on: March 22, 2012, 09:06:46 AM »

Am I the only one who thinks they actually might not sound good if they tried to play together after a near 20 year break?  You guys act like they will just jump on stage together and jam it out, there are sound checks and rehearsals and all that nonsense, it is a pretty big commitment.  

The original Guns N Roses or at least 3/5 of it went out on top in front of 70,000 fans...just leave it at that.  Don't understand the closure argument, there wasn't a better sendoff for that line up than that.

I am really not shocked at all they are not playing, I never expected them to.  If I did I would have booked a trip to Cleveland.   I didn't even expect all of them to show up, which still remains to be seen.

Bottom line, this is a great honor for the band, and shows their influence on the music business.  It is nice to see them get this type of recognition.  In 2012, GNR still has a ton of dates to play and Slash has a new record and tour...hardly a shitty time to be a fan of GNR, past present and future.

Thank you. My thoughts exactly.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1205 on: March 22, 2012, 09:22:38 AM »

doesnt look good for a performance right now. we also have 25 anniversary of AFD this year.....let me guess -with the exception of HOF cerenomy- that wont be celebrated in terms of some "release" or something? didnt Marc Canter talk about a killer video project from his early days-vaults he wanted the fans to see?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 09:26:00 AM by Limulus » Logged

Re-Union time, baby!!
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1206 on: March 22, 2012, 10:02:51 AM »

I think they would sound fine.  Axl has been playing the songs quite a bit this past year so he'd be ready to go.  Slash plays several songs in his live shows.  Duff can just do anything.   I saw Slash, Duff, Gilby and Matt play in New York last September and they sounded fantastic...

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1207 on: March 22, 2012, 10:05:10 AM »

My feeling would be, if they did play, it isn't like Axl would wanna talk to Slash etc for a long duration

so few days before, Axl calls Duff, tells him he is in, get the other 4 guys together and jam these songs etc

Those 4 or however many rehearse it

Axl gets onstage, sings them, exits stage and thats that.

Axl has never been a rehearsal guy anyway right?

Dude, I don't think they're playing

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #1208 on: March 22, 2012, 10:07:18 AM »

I think they would sound fine.  Axl has been playing the songs quite a bit this past year so he'd be ready to go.  Slash plays several songs in his live shows.  Duff can just do anything.   I saw Slash, Duff, Gilby and Matt play in New York last September and they sounded fantastic...

Sure, they can all play the songs. But there's a big difference between a group of people standing on the same stage playing the same song, and a band that actually sounds good together.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1209 on: March 22, 2012, 10:14:15 AM »

you dont know how good they would sound, all speculation!

Re-Union time, baby!!
Prucc
Rocker

One in a Million

« Reply #1210 on: March 22, 2012, 10:15:19 AM »

So the R&R HOF has yet to announce a presenter for GNR. Some seem to think that they are looking for a presenter who will then perform some classic GNR tunes. However, do you think Axl would honestly sit there and enjoy watching another band perform his songs?

I'm not sure if I buy this. They are just buying time. If anything... three things could happen in my opinion.

1. They accept the honor... together. Nothing more.
2. They accept the honor... together. Then surprise the entire music industry with a performance (VMA-style).
3. The entire GNR portion of the event ends in disaster.

I agree with DJ Ashba. Whatever happens, it will be exciting. Something will come out of this. I am glad I will be there to see the R&R HOF induct the band... but it will not be a dull moment. Guaranteed. And it will be a last minute ordeal.

12.03.02: Hartford
05.17.06: New York
11.08.06: Worcester
11.19.11: Hartford
04.14.12: Cleveland
07.23.16: East Rutherford
07.20.17: New York
10.11.17: New York
08.21.23: Boston
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #1211 on: March 22, 2012, 10:17:58 AM »

you dont know how good they would sound, all speculation!

It's safe to say that a band that hasn't played together for 19 years won't sound very good if they decided to just get onstage.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1212 on: March 22, 2012, 10:34:41 AM »

Can we kill the talk about the pros/cons of them playing now?  At this point all comments lead to them not playing.  This subject has been beaten to death and we still have 3 weeks to go!

More interesting now is who will induct them.  I have this feeling that there is a reason why we haven't heard confirmation on who is inducting Gn'R and that its going to continue to be a surprise until it finally leaks that Mick and Keith will do it.  It would be awesome.  They have history together, and Guns kind of took what the Stones were about and took it to the next level.  Also, with the Stones 50th anniversary it would make for a really cool event and a great honor for Gn'R. 

My other guesses if the Stones theory is wrong is they get one of the following - Brian May, Steven and Joe, or Kid Rock.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1213 on: March 22, 2012, 11:09:29 AM »

Sure you can, but what does THAT accomplish exactly?  People keep using that as an example as to why they shouldn't perform together, because it accomplishes nothing.  So what does showing up and accepting the honor accomplish?  That alone could be viewed as a huge step in the rebuilding process towards a reunion down the line. 
I don't think so. I think there is a world of difference between standing on stage, possibly not even interacting, and actually playing. Big, big difference. The money to be made from a reunion is not from the band standing awkwardly on stage together. It's from them PERFORMING ON STAGE together.

Ali
Obviously there's a huge difference.  I never said there wasn't.  But it's still a huge step in the recovery process.  Axl and Slash haven't spoken or even seen each other in 15 years.  That will change if they both show up at the Hall.  People who pine for a reunion are going to spin things in that direction regardless.  All of them showing up brings them one step closer.  If Axl didn't show up, it'd be a pretty strong statement to the contrary.

With all that being said, who the hell knows if Izzy will show up? 

It may not be nearly the step you assume it will be depending on how it goes down. If they get up on stage, but keep their distance and don't even make eye contact or if they don't speak at all that night, then there is nothing to draw on as progress, really.

Ali
It doesn't really matter how you or I view it.  The same could be said if they performed together in an unruly manner.  What if they performed but the whole time Axl was flipping Slash the bird?  Would the media view that as a sign that a reunion is nowhere closer, or go off the fact that they actually performed together?  My guess would be the latter.  Same in this situation.  The simple fact that the 2 men will be in the same building, in close proximity to each other trumps any awkwardness that may be present on that night.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1214 on: March 22, 2012, 11:28:48 AM »

Just the fact they all will be in the same room together is cool. (hopefully)

And like a few of you have mentioned, they would likely not be in top form after not playing together in about 20 years let alone the lack of chemistry between Slash and Axl at this point.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #1215 on: March 22, 2012, 11:47:38 AM »

Slash cant confirm / deny any rumours about Guns N' Roses. He can only speak for himself. If the band plays or not, its not his decision or choice.

I dont give a fuck if they dont play... i am happy and excited about the european tour that it's taking shape, and about a future release with new material.

By the way, what's the purpose of an AFD re-release or a video with images from 25 years ago? Damn, GNR is an active band, with a present and a future!

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1216 on: March 22, 2012, 12:04:32 PM »

Slash cant confirm / deny any rumours about Guns N' Roses. He can only speak for himself. If the band plays or not, its not his decision or choice.

for HOF its his decision to play or not. and as a result this will effect if the old band performs or not. the HOF induction has nothing to do with the newer members (as to be seen who is invited).

By the way, what's the purpose of an AFD re-release or a video with images from 25 years ago? Damn, GNR is an active band, with a present and a future!

unseen video of how the band started and made AFD.....unlike other big bands Marc Canter has all the material taped, recorded himself, the one and only masters. let alone this exception is very special and would be worth to be seen for the public, you dont have this for Metallica, Iron Maiden etc. this also was the reason for "Reckless Road"-book release for the 20 anniversary of AFD. as Marc spoke about a killer video project he wanted us to be seen i'd just find it logical to have it released for an anniversary like this year. i know that he also said the band members would have to agree for an release. and this is probably the "not-to-be-released"-factor, because of the "oh my god-re-union-talking, oh my god"-fear. nevertheless i'd like to see it and i'm pretty sure MANY fans would like to see it. and before this gets to a new band/old band fight with you, i would like to see ANY unseen video from GN'R officially. though the focus for me would be more for the old days as we just got 3 webcast Proshots 2011/12.

Re-Union time, baby!!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1217 on: March 22, 2012, 12:05:18 PM »

Matt Sorum is still hoping...

Guns N' Roses Have 'No Real Plans' For Rock Hall Performance

March 22, 2012

Nobody, it seems -- including current and former band members -- know whether Guns N' Roses will wind up playing at their April 12 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction in Cleveland. But they'll certainly be in close enough proximity to talk about it.

"We're all sitting at the same table, so it should be cool," former drummer Matt Sorum told Billboard.com at the red carpet premiere of "Sunset Strip," the new documentary he co-produced, at last week's South By Southwest Film Festival. "After we get a little bit of food in us, hopefully someone will get up and want to play, but I don't know. I'm not the guy to ask. I just hope it works out."

Sorum -- who replaced original GN'R drummer Steven Adler in 1989 -- spouted what's been the party line that "there's no real plans," but he added that the uncertainty is "in tradition, Guns N' Roses style." He also said he'd be "fine playing tambourine" if necessary, and even just jamming with the group Paul Shaffer is putting together for the ceremony. And, Sorum noted, getting into the Rock Hall will be more than enough for him to enjoy the evening.

"I feel great about it," he said. "I`m glad I made the cut. I don't know who that secret society is that votes you into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but I'm glad I have some friends in there, somehow. The original band got in and I got in and (keyboardist) Dizzy Reed and that's it, seven of us. It'll be a great night."

http://www.billboard.com/news/guns-n-roses-have-no-real-plans-for-rock-1006536152.story#/news/guns-n-roses-have-no-real-plans-for-rock-1006536152.story

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #1218 on: March 22, 2012, 12:09:00 PM »

I honestly can still see something cool happening. We know Slash is going, we know Steven is going, Duff is performing at HOB the night before. I'm confident Axl will be there.... I think what happens will be decided on the day!

Let's see. Can't wait.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1219 on: March 22, 2012, 12:19:04 PM »

You would actually be right if it were any other night other than April 14th, 2012.   Slash is the lead guitar player of the Guns N Roses that is being represented that night at the Hall of Fame.  If he doesn't play, then the reunion doesn't happen.  On April 15th he goes back to not having a say in the bands decisions.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: