Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 01:24:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228518 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 494666 times)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1180 on: March 21, 2012, 03:56:05 PM »

as much as it wouldn't feel complete, it'd still be really cool to see the original other 4 play without axl. 

Assuming Axl doesn't want to perform, this is exactly what I'd love to see. The 4 of them play through three or four classics, without a singer. The "Missing Man" formation.

You'd essentially have VR.

Couldn't bill themselves as GnR, though.

I don't think the matter what they would be billed as is much of a concern. People will get the point.

What would be the point of that exactly?

Entertainment. That's pretty much what the night is about, for the fans anyway. They are buying tickets to be entertained.
I'm not sure I'd be interested in watching them play w/o a singer, though.
I'd like to say all or nothing. Come together and perform, or don't.
Don't half ass it, or continue the feud in public by playing w/o Axl, or playing w/o Slash.
At the same time though, the fans, and the guys who want to play shouldn't be punished by the ones who don't.
Personally I'd like to see Slash and Izzy jam with the Faces. Seeing Rod attempt to return to his roots is almost as interesting to me as the GN'R fiasco.
I think the Faces have issues of their own though, so unfortunately it appears as though what could have been one of the most exciting evenings in RHOF history could could shape up to be a real snooze fest. Maybe Axl can front the Faces and vice versa...
Anything to keep the Beastie Boys off of the stage.

A lot of people, including me, would definitely be very entertained by Slash/Izzy/Duff/Steve performing (with Duff, Izzy singing), but at a ceremony honoring GnR?  The awkwardness of it would overwhelm any entertainment value.  Seems like that would only be done for 'fuck you' purposes and I don't think any of those 4 have that motivation. 

Yeah I agree.
That's why I mention jamming with the Faces or something that couldn't be construed as an F U.
Just entertainment.

Important For Industry $$$ // But NOT For Guns N' Roses

Bye

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1181 on: March 21, 2012, 03:58:32 PM »

Of course the honor means a lot to a lot of fans. Their favorite band is getting honored.

You don't need an university degree to figure that one out.

What some of you need to realize is that not all fans think of the old band as "the only real GN'R".

For many of us, GN'R never stopped existing. We've been there since the day we became fans and we didn't jump ship, unlike many other fans.

We've been supporting the band through everything, unlike some who jumped ship and started preaching about the reunion over a decade ago.

Now, what some people are questioning is the selection process. How come the Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame decided that none of the other guys (excluding Dizzy) are worth honoring in any way?

Apparently, the current guitar player of the Red Hot Chili Peppers is.

Did he play on the band's biggest hits or most popular album? No.

Has he been in the band as long as some of the current GN'R members? No.

It's a bit confusing to some how this works.

Also, some believe that reuniting for some kind of industry function is a bit weird. Considering GN'R always been against doing things the way others are telling them to do things....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1182 on: March 21, 2012, 05:05:46 PM »

The new guy in the chilli peppers is being honoured? What a load of shit.  rant

The whole thing to me is a made up award that doesn't mean anything. I mean, who are these people to decide who gets the award.

It would be much better if the band reunited at a random show in front of their own fans as a surprise. I don't really see what's in it for Axl except public pressure, I bet he doesn't want to go, but feels forced too.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #1183 on: March 21, 2012, 05:26:41 PM »

Legendary guitarist Slash really didn?t want to talk about the April 14 induction of the classic Guns N? Roses lineup into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame while in Toronto Wednesday, growing increasingly uncomfortable at questions about the event.

But he was willing to say, at least, it was ?an honour.?

Clearly, he has mixed emotions.

?Either it hasn?t hit me yet or maybe it?s been so long since I had anything to do with Guns N? Roses that I just don?t really get it,? the former GNR guitarist told QMI Agency on Wednesday while chatting about his second solo album, Apocalyptic Love, due May 22.

?And we?re not playing. I would imagine that they asked us to play but I know that we?re not playing.?

Still, Slash, 46, said he?s definitely attending the event in Cleveland, despite no fondness for dressing up.

?It?s a formal, I hate formals,? he said.

The guitarist also expects former GNR drummer Steven Adler, with whom he recently played with on a ballad off Adler?s new band?s upcoming album, to be there too.

?I could be positive Steven will be there. Steven wouldn?t miss it,? said Slash.

He just couldn?t speak to the attendance of the rest of the GNR classic lineup, specifically GNR lead singer Axl Rose.

?I don?t know. I would assume so but we haven?t talked about it,? he said

Slash is in Toronto for Canadian Music Week, running March 21-25, and will give an interview on Friday afternoon at the Fairmont Royal York Hotel ballroom to TV news couple John Roberts and Krya Phillips.

He?ll also perform what he?s calling the first warmup show of the year at the Phoenix on Friday night before a sold-out crowd to lead up to a May tour in the U.S. with a Canadian theatre trek expected in July.

?It?s actually a mirror of the show that we did in L.A. at the Roxy when we first started that 2010 tour,? said Slash. ?As long as we?re tight you know? We had a couple of days rehearsal.?

And finally, he?s performing the Canadian national anthem at the Monster Energy Super Cross event at the Rogers Centre on Saturday night.

?I?ve done it before,? said Slash. ?I did it here for a (Toronto) Blue Jays game in 2006 or ?07. We did both (the Canadian and American national anthems) ?cause it was the Blue Jays against Boston.?

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/03/21/rock-hall-nod-not-exciting-slash

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1184 on: March 21, 2012, 05:48:02 PM »

?And we?re not playing. I would imagine that they asked us to play but I know that we?re not playing.?

Well, there's more confirmation here.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1185 on: March 21, 2012, 06:35:44 PM »

Well, there's more confirmation here.

Well, that's a bummer. Not that my two cents is needed in a 60 page thread, but I hoped (and still do) that every member of the band (current and ex) would get a chance to play. I'm still hoping people could put the past behind for a song or two. Smiley
Birk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1186 on: March 21, 2012, 08:37:52 PM »

So would you be content with the end jam and axl comes out and sings with them? Cause thats all we might get, dont get me wrong though, they could be really cool and last minute get excited and say fuck it lets give them one song for old times.....we still dont know
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1187 on: March 21, 2012, 08:48:54 PM »

well....

if they were to play.. I'd imagine it would be a last min spontaneous decision

Could see Axl calling them at midnight night before.... Jungle,Sweet Child,PC

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #1188 on: March 21, 2012, 09:54:50 PM »

I just lost all hope. It ain?t happening, and if for some reason it does happen, I guess it?s gonna be something out of the blue, kinda like when Frank Infante asked Debbie Harry if he could play with Blondie while they were being inducted.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #1189 on: March 22, 2012, 12:07:37 AM »

Guns N' Roses won't be performing at the 2012 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
March 21, 2012 10:45 PM Filed in: 2012 Ceremony

http://www.futurerocklegends.com/blog.php#unique-entry-id-272

There has been a lot of talk in recent weeks about a potential reunion performance of the original Guns N? Roses lineup when the band gets inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on April 14th. Unfortunately, none of the discussion has been positive. Today, Slash confirmed that ?we?re not playing. I would imagine that they asked us to play but I know that we?re not playing.?

Duff McKagan had recently told Rolling Stone that he ?doubted? the band would reunite for a performance. Additionally, Paul Shaffer?s twitter account had written to us that, ?Guns n Roses will not be performing.? (Shaffer?s reps later tried to backpedal from that statement.)

So, as disappointing that news is, it?s not unexpected. Axl Rose has been holding a grudge against Slash for a long time and apparently he?s unwilling to make amends for the ultimate rock and roll honor.

Guns N? Roses is the only inductee that still doesn?t have a confirmed presenter. We would guess the Rock Hall is looking for an artist who cannot only honor the band with a speech, but also perform a couple of GNR songs in tribute. It?s tough to come up with any artist who could successfully pull off those classic Guns N? Roses songs, let alone finding one that can come to Cleveland for the ceremony. We thought there would be a nice bit of symmetry if Van Halen spinoff band, Chickenfoot*, could do the honors, since it was a Guns N? Roses spinoff band, Velvet Revolver*, who inducted Van Halen into the Rock Hall in 2007. (Chickenfoot?s drummer, Chad Smith, will already be at the ceremony since he is being inducted with the Red Hot Chili Peppers.)

* - Chickenfoot consists of former Van Halen members Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony, along with Smith and Joe Satriani. Velvet Revolver included former GNR members Slash, Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #1190 on: March 22, 2012, 12:09:37 AM »

Legendary guitarist Slash really didn?t want to talk about the April 14 induction of the classic Guns N? Roses lineup into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame while in Toronto Wednesday, growing increasingly uncomfortable at questions about the event.

But he was willing to say, at least, it was ?an honour.?

Clearly, he has mixed emotions.

?Either it hasn?t hit me yet or maybe it?s been so long since I had anything to do with Guns N? Roses that I just don?t really get it,? the former GNR guitarist told QMI Agency on Wednesday while chatting about his second solo album, Apocalyptic Love, due May 22.

Still, Slash, 46, said he?s definitely attending the event in Cleveland, despite no fondness for dressing up.

?It?s a formal, I hate formals,? he said.

The guitarist also expects former GNR drummer Steven Adler, with whom he recently played with on a ballad off Adler?s new band?s upcoming album, to be there too.

?I could be positive Steven will be there. Steven wouldn?t miss it,? said Slash.

He just couldn?t speak to the attendance of the rest of the GNR classic lineup, specifically GNR lead singer Axl Rose.

?I don?t know. I would assume so but we haven?t talked about it,? he said

Slash is in Toronto for Canadian Music Week, running March 21-25, and will give an interview on Friday afternoon at the Fairmont Royal York Hotel ballroom to TV news couple John Roberts and Krya Phillips.

He?ll also perform what he?s calling the first warmup show of the year at the Phoenix on Friday night before a sold-out crowd to lead up to a May tour in the U.S. with a Canadian theatre trek expected in July.

?It?s actually a mirror of the show that we did in L.A. at the Roxy when we first started that 2010 tour,? said Slash. ?As long as we?re tight you know? We had a couple of days rehearsal.?

And finally, he?s performing the Canadian national anthem at the Monster Energy Super Cross event at the Rogers Centre on Saturday night.

?I?ve done it before,? said Slash. ?I did it here for a (Toronto) Blue Jays game in 2006 or ?07. We did both (the Canadian and American national anthems) ?cause it was the Blue Jays against Boston.?

reading that feels like a knife through my heart.  makes me want to give up on life.

My posts all have hidden messages.  It's your job to find it.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1191 on: March 22, 2012, 12:20:19 AM »

well....

So some of the people who think that the AFD line-up playing a few songs together at the HOF would NOT add fuel to the reunion fire are the same people who, after being told straight out that they are NOT playing, are still coming up with scenarios of how they COULD play that night.  confused

reading that feels like a knife through my heart.  makes me want to give up on life.

A little melodramatic aren't we?  Roll Eyes

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1192 on: March 22, 2012, 12:33:36 AM »

Since when has Axl ever planned something in advance?

Cmon, if Axl was gonna play, he'd throw it together last minute.

I will be holding on till credits roll damn it!  rant rant rant rofl rofl rofl

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1193 on: March 22, 2012, 12:45:11 AM »

You people forgot the MTV 2001 show already? Wasnt Axl literally running down the street trying to get to the show because of the last minute nature of it?

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1194 on: March 22, 2012, 01:10:46 AM »

You people forgot the MTV 2001 show already? Wasnt Axl literally running down the street trying to get to the show because of the last minute nature of it?
It wasn't planned at the last minute, he was running late.

Ali
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1195 on: March 22, 2012, 01:20:22 AM »

well....

So some of the people who think that the AFD line-up playing a few songs together at the HOF would NOT add fuel to the reunion fire are the same people who, after being told straight out that they are NOT playing, are still coming up with scenarios of how they COULD play that night.  confused

A little melodramatic aren't we?  Roll Eyes

If I remember correctly, Axl performing with Bruce Springsteen at the Hall induction years ago almost didn't go down.  I believe legend has it that Bruce wasn't feeling up to it, but Axl went and convinced him to do it at the last minute.

So, never say never, until all is said and done.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1196 on: March 22, 2012, 01:26:11 AM »

Sure you can, but what does THAT accomplish exactly?  People keep using that as an example as to why they shouldn't perform together, because it accomplishes nothing.  So what does showing up and accepting the honor accomplish?  That alone could be viewed as a huge step in the rebuilding process towards a reunion down the line. 
I don't think so. I think there is a world of difference between standing on stage, possibly not even interacting, and actually playing. Big, big difference. The money to be made from a reunion is not from the band standing awkwardly on stage together. It's from them PERFORMING ON STAGE together.

Ali
Obviously there's a huge difference.  I never said there wasn't.  But it's still a huge step in the recovery process.  Axl and Slash haven't spoken or even seen each other in 15 years.  That will change if they both show up at the Hall.  People who pine for a reunion are going to spin things in that direction regardless.  All of them showing up brings them one step closer.  If Axl didn't show up, it'd be a pretty strong statement to the contrary.

With all that being said, who the hell knows if Izzy will show up? 

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1197 on: March 22, 2012, 01:31:08 AM »

Am I the only one who thinks they actually might not sound good if they tried to play together after a near 20 year break?  You guys act like they will just jump on stage together and jam it out, there are sound checks and rehearsals and all that nonsense, it is a pretty big commitment.  

The original Guns N Roses or at least 3/5 of it went out on top in front of 70,000 fans...just leave it at that.  Don't understand the closure argument, there wasn't a better sendoff for that line up than that.

I am really not shocked at all they are not playing, I never expected them to.  If I did I would have booked a trip to Cleveland.   I didn't even expect all of them to show up, which still remains to be seen.

Bottom line, this is a great honor for the band, and shows their influence on the music business.  It is nice to see them get this type of recognition.  In 2012, GNR still has a ton of dates to play and Slash has a new record and tour...hardly a shitty time to be a fan of GNR, past present and future.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 01:44:36 AM by Bodhi » Logged
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1198 on: March 22, 2012, 02:00:17 AM »

i also diagree about a possible performance being only Axl's decision here, if Slash doesnt want to perform there it wouldnt happen aswell.

But the process starts with Axl.  Slash doesn't even get to weigh in until Axl gives his yea or nea.  So, ultimately, it starts there.

the process just started...with Slash  Wink

Re-Union time, baby!!
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1199 on: March 22, 2012, 02:03:03 AM »

Sure you can, but what does THAT accomplish exactly?  People keep using that as an example as to why they shouldn't perform together, because it accomplishes nothing.  So what does showing up and accepting the honor accomplish?  That alone could be viewed as a huge step in the rebuilding process towards a reunion down the line. 
I don't think so. I think there is a world of difference between standing on stage, possibly not even interacting, and actually playing. Big, big difference. The money to be made from a reunion is not from the band standing awkwardly on stage together. It's from them PERFORMING ON STAGE together.

Ali
Obviously there's a huge difference.  I never said there wasn't.  But it's still a huge step in the recovery process.  Axl and Slash haven't spoken or even seen each other in 15 years.  That will change if they both show up at the Hall.  People who pine for a reunion are going to spin things in that direction regardless.  All of them showing up brings them one step closer.  If Axl didn't show up, it'd be a pretty strong statement to the contrary.

With all that being said, who the hell knows if Izzy will show up? 

It may not be nearly the step you assume it will be depending on how it goes down. If they get up on stage, but keep their distance and don't even make eye contact or if they don't speak at all that night, then there is nothing to draw on as progress, really.

Ali
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: