Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 09:22:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228518 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 494508 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1120 on: March 20, 2012, 04:27:57 PM »

What we feel about it means nothing. We agree on that.

Not just "we"....pretty much how the fans, as a group, feel.  To be clear. 

Of course I can see a scenario where Axl might object. It's the scenario I most expect.
I'm not trying to get into the head of Axl Rose. I would only expect the less than likely scenario of them performing to happen if Axl truly had a desire to do it.
I'm not inside his head. I don't want to be anywhere near the inside of his head.

Which is fine...but realize that the whole "will they/won't they" pretty much depends on him. There are those that have disagreed...but we KNOW the "VR" members will be more than happy to take the stage together. They already have.  But they can't reunite under the GnR banner without Axl.  And getting together the "classic" line up..without Axl...is basically Velvet Revolver.   Axl's the lynch pin, so you sort of have to try to understand his POV.

If I'm not mistaken, DJ said in an interview that he himself hopes the classic lineup will perform.
He's only one member, but doesn't sound like there would be a fallout there.

How the new lineup ACTUALLY feels is less relevant than how Axl thinks they MIGHT feel, or how Axl thinks it will be perceived.  In other words....even if DJ really doesn't care...if Axl thinks it MIGHT hurt his feelings, and DJ is just being gracious....Axl's going to act off of that.

But the internal fall out is less of a pain that the external fallout.

I really don't see what it changes.
People want a reunion today. They will want one tomorrow. They will want one the day after the event whether there is a performance or not.
Every  member that ever agreed to join Guns N' Roses since 1998 knew that there was a member more welcome than themselves among the Guns N' Roses fan base.
They all seem pretty gracious of the opportunity they have been given, and I don't see them leaving the band over a performance at an award ceremony.

Because now every question out of every reporters mouth, and every paragraph written about the band's performance will reflect back the HOF reunion, and opine for a return to that (even more than we already see it). 

Because every promoter is going to cajole, prompt, and prod Axl, in every negotiation about a tour with the current lineup, about the possibility of a reunion.

Because every A&R exec is going to hem and haw, and wax poetic about how wonderful an album by the classic lineup would be.

Because EVERY high level record exec is going to weigh the gobs of cash they know would be made by selling a "Classic Line up" album over what they'll make on future releases by the current line up...and decide to invest their resources accordingly.

This kind of thing has ramifications.  Ask the members of Van Halen re: DLR (who they have since kissed and made up with).  Dealing with this kind of shit is not fun.  And the more you give an indication that any sort of reunion could happen (even if it's not direct indications), the more of a shit storm you have to deal with.  And the fan outcry is only one small part.

Maybe I'm wrong about that. Who knows. It's all speculation at this point.
Kills a couple hours.

Wrong? I wouldn't say wrong.

Not thinking it all the way through.
Thank you Pilferk. You took the words right out of my mouth. The public, and in turn the music business from a concert promotion and record company perspective, will only want a reunion more if the old band plays together at the HOF. That will be a distraction moving forward.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #1121 on: March 20, 2012, 04:31:02 PM »

That's an uphill battle they will be fighting until the end.

But appearing with the original lineup makes the slope significantly steeper and more slippery.

Which is why you don't give them any more ammunition than they already have.
Yes, yes and yes. Exactly! Put perfectly!

Ali
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #1122 on: March 20, 2012, 04:57:51 PM »

all the reasons Pilferk laid out PLUS the point of why spoil the suprise of a full on reunion in the future over a half ass industry back slap party? It makes no business sense for Axl or even the others to do this. It would be nice to see them all hug, give their speeches, then go their separate ways. If they ever want to do the big moneyball, the element of suprise is still there.  ok

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1123 on: March 20, 2012, 05:34:19 PM »

'' It's already been revealed that the original GN'R (Afd-Era), won't reunite onstage to perform at the ceremony. ''

Bye Trolls

Cheesy

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #1124 on: March 20, 2012, 06:17:10 PM »

'' It's already been revealed that the original GN'R (Afd-Era), won't reunite onstage to perform at the ceremony. ''

Bye Trolls

Cheesy

Says who?? I don't think we'll know until the day! With Duff, Slash, Steven & Matt willing to do something...there is no reason for it not to happen. And why the fuck does wanting it to happen make someone a troll???
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1125 on: March 20, 2012, 08:23:15 PM »

Bye Trolls

Cheesy

Says who?? I don't think we'll know until the day! With Duff, Slash, Steven & Matt willing to do something...there is no reason for it not to happen. And why the fuck does wanting it to happen make someone a troll???

From Afd-Era ?? Uffff... Walking To The Cave !@

Cool

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #1126 on: March 20, 2012, 08:27:57 PM »

I'm still confused on the whole presenter process?  Who gets to pick who inducts the band; the HOF or the band?  If the band doesn't pick someone does the HOF pick one for them?

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1127 on: March 20, 2012, 08:51:42 PM »

First:
How is wanting to see ur all time fave band u grew up with and meant so much and helped shape your life and was the soundtrack for all the ups n downs of your life perform one more time celebrating an award FOR the past being a troll???

Please get a clue HBK

Second: If you have ever read Motley Crue's "The Dirt" U will understand, the shit u guys fear will happen if they play has been happening since probably 2002.

Wanna know why Label didn't support the album?

Wanna know why they weren't that interested in the album?

Wanna know why u prob will never see another GNR album?

Its all because the label ALREADY want a reunion and prob will no longer settle for anything less.

If u don't know what I am referencing in MOtley's book.

Basically label head called a meeting after their album with John Corabi tanked;

They sit Nikki,Tommy and Mick down, basically told them, No Vince, no support.

Now

GNR are a WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY bigger band than Motley

U don't think they operate the same way as it pertains to GNR?

Promoters ALREADY want a reunion, this changes nothing.

My point is.. if they don't reunite after HOF and take advantage of max cash grab.. maybe that shuts these people up and proves once and for all they aren't gonna reunite.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #1128 on: March 20, 2012, 08:53:27 PM »

So typical that GNR?s HOF presenter wasn?t announced. I?m guessing they are gonna be inducted by Steven Tyler and Joe Perry.

As for their performance, I had a tiny hope that their performance would come together easily and that it would be announced way before the night of the ceremony. I guess we?ll have to wait until the very last moment to find out.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1129 on: March 20, 2012, 08:55:59 PM »

Ex/Gunners Maybe Play, excelent !@

GN'R Not Play, Excelent !@

All Happys !@

smoking

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

Ali
Legend

« Reply #1130 on: March 20, 2012, 08:59:48 PM »

First:
How is wanting to see ur all time fave band u grew up with and meant so much and helped shape your life and was the soundtrack for all the ups n downs of your life perform one more time celebrating an award FOR the past being a troll???

Please get a clue HBK

Second: If you have ever read Motley Crue's "The Dirt" U will understand, the shit u guys fear will happen if they play has been happening since probably 2002.

Wanna know why Label didn't support the album?

Wanna know why they weren't that interested in the album?

Wanna know why u prob will never see another GNR album?

Its all because the label ALREADY want a reunion and prob will no longer settle for anything less.

If u don't know what I am referencing in MOtley's book.

Basically label head called a meeting after their album with John Corabi tanked;

They sit Nikki,Tommy and Mick down, basically told them, No Vince, no support.

Now

GNR are a WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY bigger band than Motley

U don't think they operate the same way as it pertains to GNR?

Promoters ALREADY want a reunion, this changes nothing.

My point is.. if they don't reunite after HOF and take advantage of max cash grab.. maybe that shuts these people up and proves once and for all they aren't gonna reunite.

No shit, people already want a reunion, but if you play even for one night together, you're giving the business side of the industry more ammo to try and force that. Basically, I think the exact opposite effect of what you think would happen.

Ali
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1131 on: March 20, 2012, 09:17:17 PM »

But u guys act like no one is trying that already and they are

remember what Axl said bout Azoff and then Doc etc...

everyone is gonna try that angle to get a reunion.

he has his own management now.. so no longer has to worry about it.

Chilis are gonna have John Frusiciante.. and after their flop of an album, u don't think their fans are goin nuts already for John to come back??

Axl and this lineup will be fine. they are gonna have to release a new album at some point though. once they do that... it will quiet everything down because Axl now has the PERFECT GNR lineup. Casual fans,non fans.. everyone will get behind this if a proper kick ass CD is released.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1132 on: March 20, 2012, 09:29:25 PM »

So your point is that they should reunite for the HOF to show everyone that they're NOT going to reunite??  Roll Eyes

never met the guy, don't wanna meet the guy...
oh great ... like Beta doesn't have enough to do ... now she has to take time out to try and console Axl.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1133 on: March 20, 2012, 09:33:52 PM »

point is.. I don't post to hopefully meet or be friends with Axl one day.

not saying some on here do....

People just acting like some one off performance is going to raise reunion cries louder when they've been at max pitch since breakup happened.

Those who want it will never shut up regardless of how many years/albums etc go by.

it isn't gonna make anyone who doesn't want one.. all of a sudden want one.

BesidesVan halen didn't perform at RRHOF and they are back together.. so it really means nothing either way.

CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1134 on: March 20, 2012, 09:56:49 PM »

Chili Peppers are gonna have John there?

Broski
Ali
Legend

« Reply #1135 on: March 20, 2012, 10:25:05 PM »

But u guys act like no one is trying that already and they are

remember what Axl said bout Azoff and then Doc etc...

everyone is gonna try that angle to get a reunion.

he has his own management now.. so no longer has to worry about it.

Chilis are gonna have John Frusiciante.. and after their flop of an album, u don't think their fans are goin nuts already for John to come back??

Axl and this lineup will be fine. they are gonna have to release a new album at some point though. once they do that... it will quiet everything down because Axl now has the PERFECT GNR lineup. Casual fans,non fans.. everyone will get behind this if a proper kick ass CD is released.

Yes, obviously people already want a reunion. But, you are giving them more ammunition in terms of an example that what they desire is possible. The expression of "giving someone an inch, and them taking a mile". By reuniting for that one night, you are giving an inch.

Another way of looking at it is that, as Gypsy pointed out, it defies any and all logic to say that the way to prove a reunion will never happen is by actually reuniting. No, the way to prove a reunion will never happen is by never reuniting. Despite what you claim, that is effectively what you're saying and it is completely illogical. Gypsy's post reflects that well.

Ali
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 12:32:50 AM by Ali » Logged
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1136 on: March 20, 2012, 10:26:54 PM »

point is.. I don't post to hopefully meet or be friends with Axl one day.

not saying some on here do....

People just acting like some one off performance is going to raise reunion cries louder when they've been at max pitch since breakup happened.

Those who want it will never shut up regardless of how many years/albums etc go by.

it isn't gonna make anyone who doesn't want one.. all of a sudden want one.

BesidesVan halen didn't perform at RRHOF and they are back together.. so it really means nothing either way.

The Best Example !@

smoking

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #1137 on: March 20, 2012, 10:37:25 PM »

Chili Peppers are gonna have John there?

Frusciante unfortunately will not be there.  I believe Chad Smith spoke about it in a recent interview - said John just didn't feel comfortable being there.  I was bummed as I will be attending the ceremonies and Frusciante is one of my favorite guitar players and unfortunately have never seen him play live.  Would have loved to see him play there.

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #1138 on: March 20, 2012, 10:39:06 PM »

You know what guys - I'll be the bigger man here and just say it already.

I will induct GNR into the Hall of Fame in April. It's fine - no one else wants to do it. I will be that guy.

Go ahead, Cotis!  Someone has to do it!  

14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1139 on: March 20, 2012, 11:07:53 PM »

I've come to the conclusion that while it would be exciting to see the original band reunite for one night, it's not worth the aggregation. Would be like fucking your ex one night. Might feel good in the moment, but you'll regret it the next day.

Btw, I am hoping to see Mick and Keith induct GnR. It's the Stones 50 year anniversary and would provide some great symmetry!

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: