Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 07:19:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228518 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 494452 times)
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #1060 on: March 19, 2012, 12:57:21 AM »

Here is my point:

Axl has reunited with pretty much everyone else.

so why not?

I still have no idea what Slash did any worse than the other guys in the band.

Duff filed same lawsuits.. said same shit pretty much when VR started....

Izzy has said far worse etc etc etc etc

So Slash wanted to go one direction, Axl another

Axl has the band,brand and everything.. he won... so once again.. i don't see the big deal.

hahahah D every post you make in this thread is almost desperate reunion begging. If it happens you deserve 100% "i told you so" credit. Don't worry,I'm on your side too!

But to be fair we really don't know the behind the scenes reasons..... so it's difficult to speculate. And from what Marc Canter has said kind of recently (2010-11) on other boards, I think Slash's book really really exacerbated stuff. So I think there's a lot of hatred there and I think it is a big deal for him. And honestly I think its a bit too soon (one month).
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1061 on: March 19, 2012, 01:13:01 AM »

Sure it will

ill wrap up old band once and for all.

Makes all parties look better that are involved

once reunion tour doesn't follow, people will truly realize it isn't happening and will allow everyone to move on

Slash will release his new album in May

hopefully this GNR lineup will start making plans to write/record

and everyone will live happily ever after.

The old band has been wrapped up for many, many years. In fact, Live Era was a farewell to that era of the band according to Axl. If you didn't heed his words and make peace with the dissolution of the old band then, that's on you.

Ali
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1062 on: March 19, 2012, 01:14:12 AM »

so why not?

Because it won't help anyone or anything.

you can't compare individual's guest appearances to this dynamic.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
uzi suicide records
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #1063 on: March 19, 2012, 02:24:13 AM »

honestly, if your not ultimately for a full reunion your not really a guns n roses fan, i like the new band as a live act fortus and ashba, axl finally has something similar to what he started with gnr, but i waited in line at midnight for the original albums, i watched gnr rock mtv and all while they were making amazing records and making the name gnr, the new band ok we lovem, but if you take axl rose out of the equasion and what do you have? none of these musicians have what it takes to be successful without rose, thats in no way an insult, its just a fact, who would show up? a few hardcore fans, but slash can show up alone and pack the electric factory, theres a reason for that and this is all fact based, i honestly doubt the dynamic of the new band has what it takes to make another gnr record, reason being they will never top the classics hours and hours of the best music ever made, ashba fortus and bumblefoot could not have written appetite for destruction, this is why i am for a reunion, will it happen? i am guessing at some point we will see a reunion just not for a few years, i mean chinese as a matter of dollars and fan appreciation failed in that respect, the day it came out i was like ok axl still hasnt figured out his voice, but its an awesome axl record, and you cant deny that you really cant, if there was a show and axl wasnt going to be there and you say youd go, it be you and like 200 people in line, the only way to capture what gnr really is would be the creative input from the axl slash dynamic, and i love the new band, but its like trent reznor is nine inch nails like it says in all his albums, well currently axl rose is guns n roses, not even slash can go play gnr covers without axl and have it be amazing, with the dynamic axl has now he can recreate gnr live like no one else, he alone owns the name and employs anyone who plays, its plain as day first there was gnr, axl owns the name and hired new musicians, dont take offense to that its true, he didnt draft legends he hired musicians, who have the best gig in the world backing axl rose in guns n roses, and honestly i think they might play at the rock hall.... just the way its being thrown around and no one seems to oppose playing, part of me thinks some of you here would be sad if gnr got back together wich is like wow to me, i grew up reading metal edge, circus..ect those were the fn days and i pray to see them again, but the new band has my full support in the meantime....thanks guys
uzi suicide records
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #1064 on: March 19, 2012, 02:38:19 AM »

Any live stream for the big night? I know there?ll be a stream through the Hall?s website, but yu have to pay and I?m poor...need a free stream  rofl

HBO is broadcasting it on May 5th. wheres the simulcast? cant you pay per view it?

Better late than never?

I also don't think they livestream the event on the net, either....at least that's what they seem to be saying in promo-ing the simulcast they're showing AT the HOF Museum.

http://rockhall.com/event/2012-induction-simulcast/
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #1065 on: March 19, 2012, 03:20:22 AM »

honestly, if your not ultimately for a full reunion your not really a guns n roses fan,

Wow.  That's a little parochial judgement, don't u think Your Honor?

None of these musicians have what it takes to be successful without Axl? That only show either a lack of knowledge, or an extremely high demand of what u would call success. 100 millions record? Before we get an evidence of what these guys can create together, in form of a new album, all we have is their live-performance, and songs from various solo-records/bands....And they are pretty fuckin' great. All though I didn't have the luck of being old enough to see them live under the UYI-tour, I consider last years live-show at LA Forum better than both the Tokyo-show from '92, and the Ritz-show from '88. And have u heard the catalog of Bumblefoot? A lot of gems there man....

But of course, the original members are figures we (at least I) love. But so is the current members. And whatever goes down at the HoF induction, let's hope it's something worth to remember. An "original-reunion" is not necessarily that.....Whatever happens WILL be used against Axl by a large part of media unfortunately.....

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Axlspants
Rocker

« Reply #1066 on: March 19, 2012, 03:50:11 AM »

honestly, if your not ultimately for a full reunion your not really a guns n roses fan, i like the new band as a live act fortus and ashba, axl finally has something similar to what he started with gnr, but i waited in line at midnight for the original albums, i watched gnr rock mtv and all while they were making amazing records and making the name gnr, the new band ok we lovem, but if you take axl rose out of the equasion and what do you have? none of these musicians have what it takes to be successful without rose, thats in no way an insult, its just a fact, who would show up? a few hardcore fans, but slash can show up alone and pack the electric factory, theres a reason for that and this is all fact based, i honestly doubt the dynamic of the new band has what it takes to make another gnr record, reason being they will never top the classics hours and hours of the best music ever made, ashba fortus and bumblefoot could not have written appetite for destruction, this is why i am for a reunion, will it happen? i am guessing at some point we will see a reunion just not for a few years, i mean chinese as a matter of dollars and fan appreciation failed in that respect, the day it came out i was like ok axl still hasnt figured out his voice, but its an awesome axl record, and you cant deny that you really cant, if there was a show and axl wasnt going to be there and you say youd go, it be you and like 200 people in line, the only way to capture what gnr really is would be the creative input from the axl slash dynamic, and i love the new band, but its like trent reznor is nine inch nails like it says in all his albums, well currently axl rose is guns n roses, not even slash can go play gnr covers without axl and have it be amazing, with the dynamic axl has now he can recreate gnr live like no one else, he alone owns the name and employs anyone who plays, its plain as day first there was gnr, axl owns the name and hired new musicians, dont take offense to that its true, he didnt draft legends he hired musicians, who have the best gig in the world backing axl rose in guns n roses, and honestly i think they might play at the rock hall.... just the way its being thrown around and no one seems to oppose playing, part of me thinks some of you here would be sad if gnr got back together wich is like wow to me, i grew up reading metal edge, circus..ect those were the fn days and i pray to see them again, but the new band has my full support in the meantime....thanks guys

I just don't know if the original band reforming will be as good as you expect it will. It might be best to let by gones be by gones and move on with the new guys. I remember GnR back in the day they were young and dangerous and they wrote amazing music but if they reformed now, it wouldn't be the same. Personally I would rather have my old band memories and enjoy the now. The new band could NOT remake AFD but Axl didn't want to do that with the old guys so why would he with the new band?

I really hope that this band gets into the studio, if they do, and they bring a new album out I would be very happy. Personally I would prefer this to a reunion. I'll watch my Tokyo DVDs if I want that.
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #1067 on: March 19, 2012, 04:03:06 AM »

If they play it will be to draw a line under the matter with some kind of pronouncement to say that this is the last time ever you'll hear this line-up live. Or more likely, not play at all even though everybody will be in the same room. with some kind of statement saying "that was then, we've all moved on since we all went our seperate ways...." and Adler will look heart broken.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #1068 on: March 19, 2012, 09:45:58 AM »

honestly, if your not ultimately for a full reunion your not really a guns n roses fan

That's the biggest horse shit I ever read anywhere in my whole life.
I still find it quite silly people pushing for an inferior lineup over the monstrosity we have now.  hihi

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1069 on: March 19, 2012, 09:50:49 AM »

Any live stream for the big night? I know there?ll be a stream through the Hall?s website, but yu have to pay and I?m poor...need a free stream  rofl

HBO is broadcasting it on May 5th.

Better late than never?

I also don't think they livestream the event on the net, either....at least that's what they seem to be saying in promo-ing the simulcast they're showing AT the HOF Museum.

http://rockhall.com/event/2012-induction-simulcast/
wheres the simulcast? cant you pay per view it?

Simulcast is only AT the actual Museum.   You'd have to be physically on the premises to watch it. 

No PPV...at least not that they've announced.  In fact, promoing the event at the Museum, they're advertising that's the ONLY way to see it, night of, if you're not actually attending the induction.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #1070 on: March 19, 2012, 10:01:24 AM »

I just don't know if the original band reforming will be as good as you expect it will. It might be best to let by gones be by gones and move on with the new guys. I remember GnR back in the day they were young and dangerous and they wrote amazing music but if they reformed now, it wouldn't be the same. Personally I would rather have my old band memories and enjoy the now. The new band could NOT remake AFD but Axl didn't want to do that with the old guys so why would he with the new band?

I really hope that this band gets into the studio, if they do, and they bring a new album out I would be very happy. Personally I would prefer this to a reunion. I'll watch my Tokyo DVDs if I want that.

Totally agree with this and it's a point I've been trying to get across to some people on this thread with little success. Even if you were to have the five original band members playing together, there's no way that they would be able to recreate the energy, attitude and edge that they had back then. Those days have gone and people need to accept that and move on.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1071 on: March 19, 2012, 10:16:24 AM »

honestly, if your not ultimately for a full reunion your not really a guns n roses fan,

I, too, call bullshit.

Look, I'm a HUGE GnR fan.  I've seen every incarnation of this band, from the Orange County Fairgrounds in NY in '88, to Roseland in '12, and everywhere in between.  I've listened to every piece of music released by this band, pretty much in it's contemporary era.

I love all of it.  It's wildly different.  AFD is wildly different from the UYI era stuff, which is wildly different than the CD stuff.  While AFD is probably my favorite ALBUM, as a whole....I wouldn't say those tracks rank 1 thru 12 in terms of my favorite GnR material.  There would certainly be some UYI and CD material in that top 10.

Having said all that: I'm not jumping up and down over the prospect of a full reunion.  That time...that incarnation...they made their mark.  We have (and will always have) that material.  That's done.  I don't need more from them...I think, in terms of those guys working together, we've GOT their best stuff.  And I think throwing them together could very well be like throwing gasoline on a fire.  The last time this band "blew up"....it went on hiatus for the better part of 7 years and had no released "new" material for the better part of 15 years.  I don't think THAT'S good for anyone involved.

I don't NEED them to share a stage to appreciate their contributions, or the material they made together.  I can just pop in a CD, or click a folder on my mp3 player.    I think Axl is happy where, and with who, he's playing now.  I think, above all else, THAT'S what's good for GnR.  I think forcing him to interact with the original lineup.....well, I don't think that would go so well.  Short term, it might be OK and a nice nostalgic moment.  Long term, I think it would blow up.  I think those personalities are too strong, and clash too much, to have MOST of them be happy and satisfied.  

The problem is:  I think a short term "one shot" at the HOF would lead to calls for a long term reunion/tour.  I don't think Axl wants any part in dealing with that, and I REALLY think HE would think it was a slap in the face to the current line-up.  

Put succinctly:  I'm in the "don't need a reunion" camp...and I don't think you'd have a shot in hell in convincing ANYONE I'm not a "real" GnR fan.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 01:48:38 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #1072 on: March 19, 2012, 11:05:04 AM »

Totally agree with this and it's a point I've been trying to get across to some people on this thread with little success. Even if you were to have the five original band members playing together, there's no way that they would be able to recreate the energy, attitude and edge that they had back then. Those days have gone and people need to accept that and move on.

I'm not questioning anyone's fan hood, and I agree with you that it's not realistic to think they could all get together and put on a show like they did when they were in the prime of their careers and their bodies were 20 years younger.

That said, if their hearts were in it, there is no reason to think they couldn't put on a hell of a show.
To think the guys responsible for the songs existing in the first place couldn't play their own songs with as much passion as musicians with no emotional attachment to them seems a silly notion to me.

Even if it were true, more fans than not would rather see the creators try, than to watch musicians they couldn't pick out of a lineup playing them to a T.

I've seen Izzy, Slash, Duff and Matt play GN'R songs in relatively recent years, and technical ability really just shouldn't be a concern.

If you're talking purely on a chemistry level. and you're worried that they are just going through the motions and mailing it in, I would agree.
Not worried about that either, though. Pretty sure that's not who they are. If they end up choosing to play, it will be for the right reasons.
uzi suicide records
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #1073 on: March 19, 2012, 11:35:53 AM »

i agree, the current lineup is fun to see, but theres not the same presence as if the creators were all ther a. and  b. theyll never make nother gnr album that can matchup to even the creators on a bad day,

I'm not questioning anyone's fan hood, and I agree with you that it's not realistic to think they could all get together and put on a show like they did when they were in the prime of their careers and their bodies were 20 years younger.

That said, if their hearts were in it, there is no reason to think they couldn't put on a hell of a show.
To think the guys responsible for the songs existing in the first place couldn't play their own songs with as much passion as musicians with no emotional attachment to them seems a silly notion to me.

Even if it were true, more fans than not would rather see the creators try, than to watch musicians they couldn't pick out of a lineup playing them to a T.

I've seen Izzy, Slash, Duff and Matt play GN'R songs in relatively recent years, and technical ability really just shouldn't be a concern.

If you're talking purely on a chemistry level. and you're worried that they are just going through the motions and mailing it in, I would agree.
Not worried about that either, though. Pretty sure that's not who they are. If they end up choosing to play, it will be for the right reasons.
uzi suicide records
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #1074 on: March 19, 2012, 12:14:21 PM »

Wow.  That's a little parochial judgement, don't u think Your Honor? you definetly  took that wrong, no, what i said was none of the current lineup can be guns n roses without axl, when dizzy reed, who is doing a solo show, and tommy stinson do solo shows they play places that hold maybe 1000 people and never sell out, thats a fact, the other fact is they cant be guns n roses without axl, slash can and does, and plays and does just as well as gnr, that part is all fact based, this is having to do with gnr its a gnr site, im sure some of the musicians would be successful in other bands and gigs as musician, as dj and tommy are already successful, do i think we'd ever see bumblefoot on the cover of rolling stone without axl,...absolutely not, are bands gonna be beating down franks door to hire him for a fully promoted project? absolutely not, was 6am anywhere near gnr in any respect? absolutely not,....so im not saying they wouldnt be successful, im sure they would on some level, but not on this level, these guys are here because of 1 man, then theres the age old debate about them being in it longer then the creators, well if they were anywhere near the musicians the creators were there would be alot more invites to the rock n roll HOF, when i hear a new record ill be lookin for the next badass single, but in addition to what we were talking about on the current project in the making the new gnr record even ashba said "axl has alot of good stuff up his sleeve" none of us can expect amazing songs from the amazing dynamic of axl and slash without slash" axl is the boss and employs these guys, he writes the music, and basis for concept, no axl, no band...that is a fact............................

None of these musicians have what it takes to be successful without Axl? That only show either a lack of knowledge, or an extremely high demand of what u would call success. 100 millions record? Before we get an evidence of what these guys can create together, in form of a new album, all we have is their live-performance, and songs from various solo-records/bands....And they are pretty fuckin' great. All though I didn't have the luck of being old enough to see them live under the UYI-tour, I consider last years live-show at LA Forum better than both the Tokyo-show from '92, and the Ritz-show from '88. And have u heard the catalog of Bumblefoot? A lot of gems there man....

But of course, the original members are figures we (at least I) love. But so is the current members. And whatever goes down at the HoF induction, let's hope it's something worth to remember. An "original-reunion" is not necessarily that.....Whatever happens WILL be used against Axl by a large part of media unfortunately.....
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #1075 on: March 19, 2012, 01:09:49 PM »

you definetly  took that wrong, no, what i said was none of the current lineup can be guns n roses without axl, when dizzy reed, who is doing a solo show, and tommy stinson do solo shows they play places that hold maybe 1000 people and never sell out, thats a fact

No. I'm sure you said "honestly, if your not ultimately for a full reunion your not really a guns n roses fan". And that's not really up to you, or what?

Of course none of the current members can be Gn'R without Axl. In fact, no one can be Gn'R without Axl Rose. But Axl Rose can be Gn'R without Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven. In fact, he is.

And you are totally wrong when you claim that Slash can be Gn'R without Axl. I bet even Slash agree on that....

When you are talkin' about Bumblefoot not being able to front Rolling Stone without Axl, 1) that's not a goal of success in itself 2) So wouldn't (probably) Duff or Slash or Izzy, if they didn't play in Guns, in other words without Axl.

And why would Axl include the current members in Guns? Because they are the best people for Guns. They are talented musicians, and if you look at the credits on Chinese Democracy, other people than Axl have contributed to the songs. And then it's really a matter of subjective opinion if you like CD or not, but in my opinion it stands as tall as any other Guns n' Roses album.

For the record, Ashba is also eager to work on stuff he has come up with. And Axl (DJ's words) like some of it.

That said, we all know the reason Gn'R are inducted (heydays). But Gn'R is Gn'R, what it was and what it is. Lets hope HOF is a positive happening, both for fans of the old, and fans of the "new", and not at least, for us who love both.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #1076 on: March 19, 2012, 05:09:33 PM »

So what would be a full reunion? Adler on drums? Or as a "real" GnR fan would you be okay with Sorum...or anyone, as long as Slash is playing guitar? That's what i'm hearing. As far as i'm concerned (and i'm a pretty fuckin' hardcore fan--i was 20 when Appetite came out, living on Mad Dog and cocaine at the time, and GnR instantly became and will always be my favorite band.), the band began evolving a long time ago. Adler was canned, and Sorum was brought in (who as a replacement drummer was certainly not a "legend"). I was never a big Sorum fan, but whatever. But when Izzy left, that to me is when GnR started to become something else as a band. (I personally think Izzy leaving was a bigger blow to the band than no Slash.) Remember the "Illusion" tours when it included Gilby (again, as a replacement he was no "legend"), Matt, backup singers, a horn section... wasn't that live lineup still Guns n' Roses? I saw them a few times and it was certainly a far cry from what i saw on stage in '88, but it was still Guns n' Roses and i loved what it added to the sound of the band. Let's face it, when a lot of people talk "reunion", they really mean they want Slash back. Sure, Duff will be there, but most of the people demanding a reunion (you know--the real fans Roll Eyes), will still be happy if Gilby and Matt are there. I really have no desire to see a "reunion" featuring Matt and Gilby. I think Axl even said something along the lines of "what's the point?" Personally, i think any kind of "reunion" would be nothing more than a nostalgia trip for the fans, and a step back musically for Axl. It might be different if Axl hadn't continued on with the GnR name, but he did. The current lineup IS Guns n' Roses. Deal with it. These guys fucking rock and do the name proud. Axl is obviously proud of what he's put together and if he does any kind of reunion with Slash it would totally destroy any chance of casual fans accepting the new guys.

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1077 on: March 19, 2012, 05:50:56 PM »

please remember we're talking a one-night-off here (most of the time at least). they're inducted for what the AFD/UYI line-up created, so next to see them standing together 1 more time after all these years and accepting the award, off course a performance or little jam from both line-ups that night would be the icing on the cake. this night is all about the old line-ups. the recent line-up(s) has plenty of time left to get, receive and perform on any upcoming awards shows. though my tipp would be creating much better songs than on CD, creating a real KILLER record!! next to a constant line-up this would be the real step for getting worldwide acception IMO.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 05:54:28 PM by Limulus » Logged

Re-Union time, baby!!
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #1078 on: March 19, 2012, 06:12:14 PM »

Personally, as a longtime fan, i would love to see the "Appetite" lineup jam on a few songs. I think it could be a lot of fun, IF the guys all look like they are having fun. But, i am a big fan of the current lineup, and I could move on from the nostalgia trip and look forward to what the new guys do in the future. Unfortunately, the reality is that if there was a reunion of even just a few songs, most people would disregard anything the current lineup does from that point forward. It would throw gas on the fire of "they aren't the real Guns n' Roses". I'm sure a lot of people would prefer a reunion even if it meant it would be far less spectacular musically. I read a review of a recent show and the reporter said something along the lines of how it's really a shame that people are so hung up on the "it's not really GnR" thing that they are missing one hell of a fucking show. Even if Axl took the stage at the HOF with the new lineup and absolutely killed it and showed how these guys play the fuck out of the older stuff, there would still be people who wouldn't admit how awesome the band is now and would rather see a less awesome reunion. I still say it's kind of a lose-lose situation for Axl.

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1079 on: March 19, 2012, 06:18:34 PM »

well, maybe thats part of the price for keeping the name?

Re-Union time, baby!!
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: