Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 05:34:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228518 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 494417 times)
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #1020 on: March 14, 2012, 10:22:46 PM »

if they arent gonna play together, at least some ridiculous steven quotes will make it memorable!  i'm all for it.

My posts all have hidden messages.  It's your job to find it.
Birk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1021 on: March 15, 2012, 08:44:54 AM »

So im going down to the ceremony, i have a decent size GNR tatt on my back and hoping to get a member or 2 to sign my back the question is, is i see Adler do i have him sign my back, if he is the only person i get to sign my back to i really only want Adler signed on my back?  He just has turned his life into this crazy world, and dont really know my feelings towards him, hes just a mess.
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1022 on: March 15, 2012, 09:16:50 AM »

So im going down to the ceremony, i have a decent size GNR tatt on my back and hoping to get a member or 2 to sign my back the question is, is i see Adler do i have him sign my back, if he is the only person i get to sign my back to i really only want Adler signed on my back?  He just has turned his life into this crazy world, and dont really know my feelings towards him, hes just a mess.

get him to sign it. if you decide that you dont want to get it tattood, then just was it off.
Birk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1023 on: March 15, 2012, 09:41:24 AM »

get him to sign it. if you decide that you dont want to get it tattood, then just was it off.

true, and if i can get him and say Duff i would do both, i think Duff may be walking around, he seems cool like that, and adler will be a media whore im sure.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #1024 on: March 15, 2012, 10:07:47 AM »

I was thinking about how this is all going to go down and realized that if Steven gets the chance to speak, his unfiltered mouth may start yapping away at how the band should reunite.  That won't go too well with the rest of the guys and can make for some especially awkward moments!

Hahahaha, you are SO right. They better not let him NEAR a mic.

absolutely, Steven has no shame or dignity, he has the potential to really turn this into an embarrassing/pathetic disaster...hopefully someone who gets paid a lot of money to deal with these types of things talks him down before the event and tells him to play it cool.

This is a night honoring the not so safe/unfiltered version of GN'R, so I think they should say whatever they want. Especially whereas they probably aren't performing, if they are gonna all of a sudden start watching what they say, could be a real snoozer of an event. They might as well all stay home. 
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1025 on: March 15, 2012, 10:27:05 AM »

I was thinking about how this is all going to go down and realized that if Steven gets the chance to speak, his unfiltered mouth may start yapping away at how the band should reunite.  That won't go too well with the rest of the guys and can make for some especially awkward moments!

absolutely, Steven has no shame or dignity, he has the potential to really turn this into an embarrassing/pathetic disaster...hopefully someone who gets paid a lot of money to deal with these types of things talks him down before the event and tells him to play it cool.

This is a night honoring the not so safe/unfiltered version of GN'R, so I think they should say whatever they want. Especially whereas they probably aren't performing, if they are gonna all of a sudden start watching what they say, could be a real snoozer of an event. They might as well all stay home. 

I agree everyone should be able to say whatever they want...except Steven.  Watching him beg for a reunion will top the Blondie meltdown.  Being unsafe/unpredictable is one thing, getting on your knees and begging Axl for a reunion is another...and don't think Steven won't because he totally will...He has NOTHING going on and is the only ex GNR alumni who has not moved on in some way.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 10:29:31 AM by Bodhi » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1026 on: March 15, 2012, 10:27:25 AM »

steven, matt, duff, and dizzy have all said they will be there.  axl and slash have hinted at it without outright saying it.  izzy, well, who knows.

Probably not even izzy, for sure.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 10:29:02 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #1027 on: March 15, 2012, 12:27:47 PM »

steven, matt, duff, and dizzy have all said they will be there.  axl and slash have hinted at it without outright saying it.  izzy, well, who knows.

Probably not even izzy, for sure.

All depends if he has a dune buggy race that day Tongue
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #1028 on: March 15, 2012, 01:31:11 PM »

I agree everyone should be able to say whatever they want...except Steven.  Watching him beg for a reunion will top the Blondie meltdown.  Being unsafe/unpredictable is one thing, getting on your knees and begging Axl for a reunion is another...and don't think Steven won't because he totally will...He has NOTHING going on and is the only ex GNR alumni who has not moved on in some way.

haha, you may be right, but for entertainment purposes, I'd prefer a meltdown over fake smiles and cliche peppered speeches.
A meltdown would be fitting, harkening back to their time together. Maybe storm off stage and start a riot. Smash a mic, or guitar, something.
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #1029 on: March 15, 2012, 10:52:57 PM »

There?s one thing that puzzles me about the induction ceremony and the chances of a reunion performance. Axl, Slash and Duff have all been kinda open to the possibility but have said they don?t know what?s gonna happen. They could either be part of a conspiracy to surprise the hell of us all or they really don?t have a clue.

If they are clueless and are going to the ceremony without knowing what?s gonna go down, they might not be taking any instruments with them, and if there?s no instruments, there?s no performance...plus they would have to rehearse and I honestly don?t picture them rehearsing at all.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
Birk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1030 on: March 15, 2012, 10:55:47 PM »

Slash will have a guitar for the ending jam for sure, the rest can be thrown together quick
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #1031 on: March 16, 2012, 11:34:57 AM »

i dreamt last night that the 5 of them reunited on stage for an abbreviated paradise city and then the whole sweet child. 

it was funny cause, usually full of smiles, adler didn't smile the whole performance.  i was interpreting it in my dream as him trying so hard not to screw up.  he was so focused.  best moment of my life, too bad it was while i was sleeping.

My posts all have hidden messages.  It's your job to find it.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1032 on: March 16, 2012, 11:39:19 AM »

There?s one thing that puzzles me about the induction ceremony and the chances of a reunion performance. Axl, Slash and Duff have all been kinda open to the possibility but have said they don?t know what?s gonna happen. They could either be part of a conspiracy to surprise the hell of us all or they really don?t have a clue.

If they are clueless and are going to the ceremony without knowing what?s gonna go down, they might not be taking any instruments with them, and if there?s no instruments, there?s no performance...plus they would have to rehearse and I honestly don?t picture them rehearsing at all.

I'm not sure Axl ever made any comments indicating he was kinda open to the possibility. He did say he didn't know what was going to happen which....ok it's not denying there will be a performance, but I wouldn't jump to conclusions.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #1033 on: March 16, 2012, 12:12:17 PM »

I think it's just one of the few (if not the last one) relevant & "official" causes (not made for the purpose of earning or charity both;D)  to see the old line up playin' togheter.

A free will total reunion won't just happen.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #1034 on: March 17, 2012, 12:48:37 AM »

When is this supposed to be?

Fuck 'Em All.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1035 on: March 17, 2012, 01:01:55 AM »

Odds Slash and Axl neither one even know why they are mad at the the other anymore?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1036 on: March 17, 2012, 10:59:34 AM »

Insert Quote
Odds Slash and Axl neither one even know why they are mad at the the other anymore?

Seriously it has been so many years already and they have all moved on. I can't imagine why they can't bury the hatchet and call it a day. Obviously even if they do, no one expects them to be best friends. I would like to see that they make amends, just as a human being seeing people getting along and being civil and forgiving each other for shit that happened almost 20 years ago when they were kids. Why would anyone of you wish they remain enemies. That is pretty fucked up, twisted and selfish to say the least. Trust me the fact that Axl and Slash become friends again is not going to make Axl break up GnR. He has made it clear he is committed to this line up.

Also it is pretty clear that they have all moved on and are busy with their own projects. It is clear there will not be a reunion. People have been speculating for years about a reunion and will continue to do so until the end of time. Even if they never reunite the debate will live on.

Although many fans here  may oppose a one time performance even at the awards ceremony, shows how insecure and selfish you are as a person. You are already enjoying GnR in its current state just as I have and will continue to do. Why can't you let the other half of the fans have one fucking night to witness and enjoy the the inductees of their favorite band perform on stage for the first time together after over 15 years. Why? Because the media will talk shit about a reunion? You know its not going to happen because of Axl's commitment with the band and everyone else's current projects. The media is going to talk shit anyways. So who gives a fuck about the media they have always talked shit about GnR and will continue to do so. Fuck them. Besides they are going to talk even more shit if they dont perform.

In the end GnR has always done shit on their own terms and will continue to do so. So let them perform and don't be so judgmental and just enjoy the moment.
MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #1037 on: March 17, 2012, 12:37:47 PM »

Insert Quote
Although many fans here  may oppose a one time performance even at the awards ceremony, shows how insecure and selfish you are as a person.

No, it just shows that we are capable of moving on.  Some people would roll over laughing if you told them they were being "selfish" or "insecure" about anything!  It makes me laugh just to read it.  By now even casual fans know what they are getting, and are very happy with whatever that is.  Some still complain anyway but it can be gotten over.  You are the one to say they are "enemies".  No matter what happens no one is ever gonna hear the end of it and what kind of award would that be?  Enough to even bother showing up?

The good news is that Axl has said nothing negative about Slash recently, and neither has Slash.  In fact Slash even wished both Duff and Axl a happy birthday last month on Twitter.  That was a surprise and something that Slash didn't have to do but he did anyway and it was cool that he did.

If anything I could see an acoustic jam happening, a cover song or two would help cut down on the re-unionist brigade, and be very cool at the same time, maybe Steven could get a tambourine.

Or in a perfect world each would pick one song:
Steven would pick Rocket Queen
Duff would pick It's So Easy
Izzy would pick a Stones song you never heard of
Slash would pick Sweet Child
and Axl would pick Paradise City that way he could tell everyone to have a good fucking night!!

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
2/23/12 Silver Spring, MD
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1038 on: March 17, 2012, 01:06:08 PM »

Insert Quote
Although many fans here  may oppose a one time performance even at the awards ceremony, shows how insecure and selfish you are as a person.

No, it just shows that we are capable of moving on.  Some people would roll over laughing if you told them they were being "selfish" or "insecure" about anything!  It makes me laugh just to read it.  By now even casual fans know what they are getting, and are very happy with whatever that is.  Some still complain anyway but it can be gotten over.  You are the one to say they are "enemies".  No matter what happens no one is ever gonna hear the end of it and what kind of award would that be?  Enough to even bother showing up?

The good news is that Axl has said nothing negative about Slash recently, and neither has Slash.  In fact Slash even wished both Duff and Axl a happy birthday last month on Twitter.  That was a surprise and something that Slash didn't have to do but he did anyway and it was cool that he did.

If anything I could see an acoustic jam happening, a cover song or two would help cut down on the re-unionist brigade, and be very cool at the same time, maybe Steven could get a tambourine.

Or in a perfect world each would pick one song:
Steven would pick Rocket Queen
Duff would pick It's So Easy
Izzy would pick a Stones song you never heard of
Slash would pick Sweet Child
and Axl would pick Paradise City that way he could tell everyone to have a good fucking night!!

Funny Moment

rofl

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1039 on: March 17, 2012, 03:45:46 PM »

Matt Sorum says Guns N Roses will sit together at @rock_hall induction. No plans to play but he's hoping. -@GraffonMusic #Music #Baktan

8:01 PM - 16 Mar 12 via ifttt

http://twitter.com/zbooo/status/180821115516624896

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: