Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 03:28:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228517 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 494359 times)
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #1000 on: March 13, 2012, 09:51:34 AM »

Oh no!!-he played with Robin and Brain last night, this is going to fuel reunion talk with the early 2000's lineup, and stop and momentum Axl has built up Roll Eyes   It should only be about the future!!!!..lol

Ugh, the media speculation is going to be out of control.  We won't be able to turn on MTV, VH1, the interweb or anything else without being reminded about it!  It was JUST a jam people!  This is not a full fledged reunion. 
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1001 on: March 13, 2012, 09:55:16 AM »

Gents, I get the sarcasm, but do you really think that's even remotely the same thing? 
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #1002 on: March 13, 2012, 10:02:02 AM »

Gents, I get the sarcasm, but do you really think that's even remotely the same thing? 

Of course not, but let's be honest, do we still hear calls for a reunion after Axl performed with Izzy and Duff how many times?  Not to mention his impromptu jam with Gilby back in... gosh, how long ago was that now? 

It's fun to talk about with other fans and I think it makes us all happy to know that although those guys (Izzy, Duff, Gilby, Robin, Brain) aren't in the band anymore that Axl is still friendly with them and willing to make amends. 

By the way, I edited this to say that Axl jammed with Gilby back in June of 2000!!  Good lord, I remember that like it was yesterday.  That was the summer after my freshman year in college.  1) I feel old and 2) Time flies!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 10:19:15 AM by WAR41 » Logged
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1003 on: March 13, 2012, 10:18:06 AM »

I have yet to read anything in the mainstream media about a reunion for a full tour or album-just an occasional mention about who will show up.

libertad
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1004 on: March 13, 2012, 10:19:13 AM »

Look, the problem is 99% of the music fans out there don't do their research, they just know GNR as the original line up, the thought that any of those guys can be replaced just doesn't register in their brains...I'm telling you it doesn't.

Do you think the casual music fan is following all the line up changes over the years and going to all the shows like we are?  No, they haven't been doing any of that over the last 20 years.  They just know "Sweet Child", "Jungle" etc....and they know Slash played on those songs, therefore to them Slash is in Guns N Roses (along with the other original guys).  

There is no fighting public perception because most of them will only pay attention to the band when  reunion talk is taking place, they aren't paying attention to what the band is actually doing and has been doing for the last 20 years.  Most casual fans I know don't think the current line up is here to stay, they all feel that reunion is inevitable because of the amount of money, press etc...that the band would get.   And lets face it, most bands do reunite, so you can't blame them for thinking that.  They just don't know GN'R.

It is an uphill battle that is totally not worth fighting, just enjoy the music and shows like most of us on the board here have been doing for the last 10 years, whatever happens at the Hall of Fame happens,  if you are going to concern yourself with what others want and public perception you will drive yourselves nuts.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1005 on: March 13, 2012, 12:31:46 PM »

You guys worry way, way too much about what the rest of the world thinks about Guns n Roses-they could have sold 1,000 copies of CD and go back to playing clubs, I would still be a fan-I'm not really concerned what Rolling Stone mag or the New York Post says about them.

libertad
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1006 on: March 13, 2012, 12:53:03 PM »

Of course not, but let's be honest, do we still hear calls for a reunion after Axl performed with Izzy and Duff how many times?  Not to mention his impromptu jam with Gilby back in... gosh, how long ago was that now? 

It's fun to talk about with other fans and I think it makes us all happy to know that although those guys (Izzy, Duff, Gilby, Robin, Brain) aren't in the band anymore that Axl is still friendly with them and willing to make amends. 

By the way, I edited this to say that Axl jammed with Gilby back in June of 2000!!  Good lord, I remember that like it was yesterday.  That was the summer after my freshman year in college.  1) I feel old and 2) Time flies!

There is a difference between an old member playing a song or two live with the new band vs. the entire old band being on stage together and playing.  That's an important difference and I think why there weren't heightened cries for a full-fledged reunion after those guest appearances.

Ali
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #1007 on: March 13, 2012, 01:59:09 PM »

It really makes no difference that I can see.

There are GN'R fans that prefer the new lineup. There are fans that prefer the AFD-UYI lineup.
There are fans that enjoy all eras.

The majority of GN'R fans across the globe prefer the AFD-UYI era, and nothing Axl or the current lineup does will ever change that. Ever.

It's just the way it is. To the majority of fans, Guns N' Roses broke up a long time ago. I have die hard Guns N' Roses fans as friends. I don't know many people that don't like GN'R, but I honestly do not personally know a single person outside of this forum who is into the current lineup.
I convinced 10 or so friends of mine to check them out live in '07, and most enjoyed the live show, but no one exactly flocked to pick up Chinese Democracy when it hit the shelves.

I waste a good part of my life listening and talking about music, and turn my friends on to a lot of stuff they wouldn't generally hear on their own.
No one I know cares for what Axl is up to these days. It used to be maddening to me, because I enjoyed the early demos and thought CD had a lot of promise, but I finally accepted it.

Now I realize I'm just Joe Schmo from Boston, but I feel I have a finger on the pulse of GN'R at least in my neck of the woods, and there is no pulse.

I'm not saying it's justified, I think it's a damn shame. They are one of the best live acts around on their worst day.
They draw here, but I'm not naive enough to believe that many fans are scooping up tickets to see Tommy and DJ.
Some are, sure, but a large portion are there to see Axl and what to them, is probably the next best thing to AFD-UYI era GN'R.
It's their only option, really.

The only time GN'R is talked about on the radio here is when the possibility of a reunion is being discussed.
Otherwise, GN'R is a non story. Sure the publicity on the web hasn't been kind over the years, but people don't hear/read that stuff unless they are actively searching for it.
It's not on the radio or MTV.

If the AFD lineup performed for the HOF event, it couldn't possibly hurt the current's popularity.
The current lineup has a cult like following. The AFD/UYI era was the biggest band in the world.
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #1008 on: March 13, 2012, 02:39:57 PM »

new slash comments today (although, nothing really "new" i guess):

"It's definitely an honor and I have no idea what's going to happen on that day," Slash told The Associated Press in an interview. "It's more like going into it with blinders on and just see what happens."

Guns N' Roses blazed onto the rock scene in 1987 with their official debut "Appetite for Destruction." Fronted by bandana-wearing singer Axl Rose, the band also featured Slash and Izzy Stradlin on guitars, plus bassist Duff McKagan and Steven Adler on drums.

Since leaving, Slash has had success with various solo projects, such as Slash's Snakepit and the group Velvet Revolver. He's also appeared alongside artists like Michael Jackson, Rihanna and Bob Dylan.

That's not to say the 46-year-old doesn't have some fond memories of his time in Guns N' Roses: his favorite time was when they formed and recorded their debut album.

"The first tour, all that stuff, was really a great experience. I was in my early twenties and it was just a great adventure," he said. "That was all a lot of fun, and then it got crazy in the '90s and obviously (I) left the band and parted ways."

Slash was amazed at how quickly the years have flown.

"It's been 25 years since the album came out, doesn't seem like a long time ago but at the same time ... so much has happened," he said.

Another reason Slash isn't thinking about the Rock and Roll Hall ceremony right now is that he's in the U.K. to promote his new solo album, "Apocalyptic Love," which comes out May 21.

Slash claims recording this new album is the happiest he's been since the early days of Guns N' Roses.

"I had a really good time, the whole process, from the inception of the record, you know the creating, the writing and so on all the way up through the recording," he said. "I'm really looking forward to the tour."

My posts all have hidden messages.  It's your job to find it.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1009 on: March 13, 2012, 05:10:42 PM »

All this back-and-forth bickering is so pointless. If all five guys decide they want to play together, there's no good reason they shouldn't. It's not going to make the new band anymore irrelevant than they currently are.

Nu-GNR and Slash's band both have tour dates booked all throughout the summer. I'd imagine Slash will play more US dates in the Fall after he tours Europe, so he'll be out for a long time. By the time they're all off tour, any post-HOF reunion talk will have died down considerably.

Really, GNR playing together at the HOF would be a win-win situation for everyone.

Nu-GNR ??

What Is ?? 1 New Band Of Adler ??

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #1010 on: March 13, 2012, 09:10:11 PM »

Any live stream for the big night? I know there?ll be a stream through the Hall?s website, but yu have to pay and I?m poor...need a free stream  rofl

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
Birk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1011 on: March 13, 2012, 09:40:17 PM »

http://www.cleveland.com/popmusic/index.ssf/2012/03/incoming_rock_and_roll_hall_of.html

this says Sorum and Adler will be there, i thought i read something that Sorum wasnt going, i could be wrong
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1012 on: March 14, 2012, 01:53:37 PM »

Any live stream for the big night? I know there?ll be a stream through the Hall?s website, but yu have to pay and I?m poor...need a free stream  rofl

HBO is broadcasting it on May 5th.

Better late than never?

I also don't think they livestream the event on the net, either....at least that's what they seem to be saying in promo-ing the simulcast they're showing AT the HOF Museum.

http://rockhall.com/event/2012-induction-simulcast/
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 01:56:24 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1013 on: March 14, 2012, 02:42:09 PM »

i thought i read something that Sorum wasnt going, i could be wrong

Matt has said in quite a few interviews that he will be there.  He's planning on going with Steven Adler, he said.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1014 on: March 14, 2012, 03:37:09 PM »

I was thinking about how this is all going to go down and realized that if Steven gets the chance to speak, his unfiltered mouth may start yapping away at how the band should reunite.  That won't go too well with the rest of the guys and can make for some especially awkward moments!

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #1015 on: March 14, 2012, 03:40:25 PM »

I was thinking about how this is all going to go down and realized that if Steven gets the chance to speak, his unfiltered mouth may start yapping away at how the band should reunite.  That won't go too well with the rest of the guys and can make for some especially awkward moments!

Hahahaha, you are SO right. They better not let him NEAR a mic.

Axl is God.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #1016 on: March 14, 2012, 07:21:07 PM »

whoops - forgot to book my hotel. hmm, this sucks!
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #1017 on: March 14, 2012, 08:27:47 PM »

if Steven gets the chance to speak, his unfiltered mouth may start yapping away at how the band should reunite.

And you both say these things knowing damn well that Steven WILL speak when he is onstage for GNR's induction.
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #1018 on: March 14, 2012, 09:54:08 PM »

steven, matt, duff, and dizzy have all said they will be there.  axl and slash have hinted at it without outright saying it.  izzy, well, who knows.

My posts all have hidden messages.  It's your job to find it.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1019 on: March 14, 2012, 10:15:49 PM »

absolutely, Steven has no shame or dignity, he has the potential to really turn this into an embarrassing/pathetic disaster...hopefully someone who gets paid a lot of money to deal with these types of things talks him down before the event and tells him to play it cool.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: