Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 03:25:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228517 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 494351 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #980 on: March 11, 2012, 11:53:09 PM »

Axl is Guns N Roses.. anything posted under Guns N Roses should be authorized by him right?

I don't think so...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
40oz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #981 on: March 11, 2012, 11:56:11 PM »

So whos going? Just reserved my car rental, and have my hotel booked for saturday night...CANT WAIT FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!

Driving up from Charlotte.  Can't wait. 

Looks like we can rule out a performance by the current lineup since Tommy is playing Harrisburg, PA on the same night.

Cool, what section are you in? Im in 54

Section 26.     Should be an interesting evening, even without a GnR performance.  Any idea who they will choose to induct the band? 
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #982 on: March 11, 2012, 11:57:57 PM »

Well whoever certainly cares about reviews/articles written etc.

Axl genuinely seemed to care on TMS interview. 

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #983 on: March 12, 2012, 12:35:23 AM »

Axl is Guns N Roses.. anything posted under Guns N Roses should be authorized by him right?

Seriously sick and tired of all the crap that lingers on and on and on. Low-life e-bayers who slime around shows begging for autographs to sling merch, prob knock-offs, rippin off fans. Lazy-ass bloggers and so called writers, media horrors (being nice here) that cut and paste other idiot's crap like 2nd graders misleading people and misrepresenting. Lethargic whiny lil bitches who will probably never ever get it cause their heads are decades into the last century and buried up someone's ass. Luckily, for sanity's sake, there are good people who have a life and put in an honest day's work (or in this case night's). We found this review and obviously like it but more importantly respect it and what it represents. Go ahead share this and follow these guys cause they seem to get it. Thanks to ARTISTdirect and @RickFlorino for keepin it real.

https://www.facebook.com/gunsnroses
Authorized is one thing, which may not be true anyway. Written, though, is yet another. If he was going to update and use the official band Twitter/FB, what would be the point in him having his own Twitter account? None I can see.

Ali
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #984 on: March 12, 2012, 01:22:45 AM »

One could sit and argue over who was the most important facctor in GNR's success til the end of the world. The only fact remains that old Guns was more than just the sum of its parts and since they split, some members have achieved success on their own, but none and I mean NONE of them have matched the success the classic GNR lineup had. Nevertheless, at this time things are the way they are and I'd rather enjoy what I can get now rather than keep longing for something long since gone.

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #985 on: March 12, 2012, 02:30:18 AM »

Wow this thread is never going to end. Until someone develops a post hall of fame thread.

Lot of people with lots of opinions. Frankly the only opinions that matter are between Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven, Matt and Dizzy.

Guess what? They're not sharing them.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #986 on: March 12, 2012, 03:30:57 AM »

the chance is there that they can get more away from the bad stuff, all about proper and fair communication, they are grown men, often people just need to meet again to be able to sort out their differences a little. and if that helps Axl to get more happy not being that bittered person he often appears to be....i'd welcome it!

I disagree with your last sentence. In all the recent video footage I've watched I'd say that I've never seen Axl looking so happy and relaxed. He appears to be having a whale of a time performing with the current line-up and, as far as it's possible to tell from the limited insight we get into his off-stage life, appears very content with where his life is right now.

Another possible scenario is receiving the award together. I find THIS to be the smartest, logical and most likely, what will eventually happen. The band's been induced to the HOF and every member who contributed should be there receiving the award. A little speech by Axl (the only original member left) followed by Slash's, should be the way to go. I'm pretty sure both would probably say something along the lines of "this is for our fans, you helped us and supported us all these years...this is for you". Something short and sweet. To the point. Anything else that could lead to possible misinterpretations (hug between Axl and Slash, talks about reunion or past 15 years...) will not take place.

Good post, Ignatius - and welcome back, nice to see you posting again.  Smiley

After reading the blurb on the HOF site regarding eligibility etc, I agree that everyone who contributed to the success and longevity of GN'R should be given the opportunity to be recognised. As you say, it's the band (on the site, referred to as the artist) known as Guns N' Roses which is being inducted in the Performer category. I interpret this to include all the musicians who have played on-stage as part of GN'R over the years, and whom the public have paid to see as GN'R. So, as an edit to my earlier comment where I said I'd have no quibble with the so-called original five getting on-stage to receive the award, I'd like to amend that because I now feel that it should include everyone who has performed as part of GN'R. Not sure whether HOF has enough of the trinkets that I presume they hand out for this available, so they'd better up the production pretty quickly.   Wink

Worst-case scenario will definitely occur if Axl doesn't show up. I do not see this happening though. Axl is not a fool and realizes this is a major achievement for the band. His absence could tarnish GNR's image and legacy. After all, he's the only original member left. The fans want him to be there, so If this is really for the fans as he already mentioned a few months back, he definitely needs to be there.

This is where we disagree because I don't see this as the worst-case scenario at all. Perhaps I have a more vivid imagination!  Grin. In fact I had rather hoped that Axl would choose not to be there but would send a video of the band and himself from the stage of wherever they happened to be performing that night, just saying thanks to the industry for recognising the achievement and thanks to the fans for their continued support, and sorry but couldn't be there due to highly successful current tour. I know this won't happen because Axl will try to do what he thinks the majority of fans want and that is to see him attend. And if this is what makes him happy too then great, but if not, then I'd prefer him to put his own needs first and do what is right for him and sod the rest of the world's expectations.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #987 on: March 12, 2012, 03:42:10 AM »

Wow this thread is never going to end. Until someone develops a post hall of fame thread.

Lot of people with lots of opinions. Frankly the only opinions that matter are between Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven, Matt and Dizzy.

Duff gave his opinion only the other day. Steven's been writing his speech since last Dec, so I'm sure that if you do a quick search there'll be a comment out there somewhere.  hihi

As for Matt, does anyone give a toss?!   Shocked

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #988 on: March 12, 2012, 06:23:08 AM »

I dunno, I support GNR 1000 %. My feeling is GNR is who they are today, that being said, I know if not for the original line up I would never have gotten to love or know the great music that was created, as a fan from the beginning. I think let happen what will happen. It isn't up to us . Sure as fans, we want, what we think is best. I got over the changes and member roster changes over the yrs. And IMO it hasn't diminished what the band is today or yesterday. The guys inducted deserve the honor , how they choose to deal with it is their business. They all are adults went thru a lot of things. However they choose to deal with the honor I believe will be tasteful and done respectfully. 

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #989 on: March 12, 2012, 06:48:36 AM »

So let's close this forum, which is build up on people's opinions (like every other forum in the web)  Wink  hihi

ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #990 on: March 12, 2012, 07:04:24 AM »

All this back-and-forth bickering is so pointless. If all five guys decide they want to play together, there's no good reason they shouldn't. It's not going to make the new band anymore irrelevant than they currently are.

Nu-GNR and Slash's band both have tour dates booked all throughout the summer. I'd imagine Slash will play more US dates in the Fall after he tours Europe, so he'll be out for a long time. By the time they're all off tour, any post-HOF reunion talk will have died down considerably.

Really, GNR playing together at the HOF would be a win-win situation for everyone.
paddysback
Opening Act

« Reply #991 on: March 13, 2012, 02:32:00 AM »

Was browsing the net for Rock Hall inductees shirts to buy and came across this...bad news? its whatever,, GUNS FOREVER either way.
http://www.antimusic.com/news/12/March/ts09No_Guns_N_Roses_Hall_of_Fame_Jam.shtml
jazjme
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #992 on: March 13, 2012, 02:51:14 AM »

old news and for all intent and purpose has been denied that it was legit tweet. Who knows.

11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #993 on: March 13, 2012, 05:47:01 AM »

People don't Google. They read something in the Metro and that's the only truth they get. So often articles are written to be misleading. Imagine the headlines about GN'R reuniting. And then further down it says it was only a one off.

Where's the focus?

the focus wouldnt be the media, press and people who dont like Axl, the real focus are the fans!
they got him into HOF and most of them would like to see them (performing) together on stage for that cerenomy!
if set-up properly for a one-off (press statements, live talking, interviews etc.) the bad mouthing media will loose anyhow, as the members go into their own projects after the cerenomy as proven by the official tourdates etc.
and why caring about those who write shit in media/press anyway? i mean....why should Axl rate their intentions more high than the fans' ones for his actions? makes not much sense to me.

also if it isnt goin to happen i wouldnt like to hear "too short in time for a proper set-up" or similar excuses. they've had and still do have time to handle this some fair and cool. just someone has to start the communication!

Re-Union time, baby!!
jazjme
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #994 on: March 13, 2012, 05:50:25 AM »

People don't Google. They read something in the Metro and that's the only truth they get. So often articles are written to be misleading. Imagine the headlines about GN'R reuniting. And then further down it says it was only a one off.

Where's the focus?

the focus wouldnt be the media, press and people who dont like Axl, the real focus are the fans!
they got him into HOF and most of them would like to see them (performing) together on stage for that cerenomy!
if set-up properly for a one-off (press statements, live talking, interviews etc.) the bad mouthing media will loose anyhow, as the members go into their own projects after the cerenomy as proven by the official tourdates etc.
and why caring about those who write shit in media/press anyway? i mean....why should Axl rate their intentions more high than the fans' ones for his actions? makes not much sense to me.

also if it isnt goin to happen i wouldnt like to hear "too short in time for a proper set-up" or similar excuses. they've had and still do have time to handle this some fair and cool. just someone has to start the communication!

With due respect Limulus but at the show going on right now, Axl had Brain and Robin Finck playing, and Axl said yeah he likes a reunion.. I think its pretty clear where he stands on Guns N roses today.

11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #995 on: March 13, 2012, 06:09:20 AM »

dont get your reply....you say that Axl just said he likes a reunion? was this just meant to be with CD members? or just sarcasm?
anyhow, i'd agree he is in for the new band these days....but what concerns people in here in this discussion is: the fear of more re-union talking if he shares the stage with Slash only 1 more time. and i dont see the point of Axl being afraid of those people and their talking, he is used to it for long. why should he let them dictate his behaviour when he is in for the fans? its 1 night only, all will be back to their own band activities after that night.

as a conclusion i really dont think the fear of the re-union talking is the only factor or even the main factor in here.

Re-Union time, baby!!
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #996 on: March 13, 2012, 06:15:37 AM »

Worst-case scenario will definitely occur if Axl doesn't show up. I do not see this happening though. Axl is not a fool and realizes this is a major achievement for the band. His absence could tarnish GNR's image and legacy. After all, he's the only original member left. The fans want him to be there, so If this is really for the fans as he already mentioned a few months back, he definitely needs to be there.

This is where we disagree because I don't see this as the worst-case scenario at all. Perhaps I have a more vivid imagination!  Grin. In fact I had rather hoped that Axl would choose not to be there but would send a video of the band and himself from the stage of wherever they happened to be performing that night, just saying thanks to the industry for recognising the achievement and thanks to the fans for their continued support, and sorry but couldn't be there due to highly successful current tour. I know this won't happen because Axl will try to do what he thinks the majority of fans want and that is to see him attend. And if this is what makes him happy too then great, but if not, then I'd prefer him to put his own needs first and do what is right for him and sod the rest of the world's expectations.

Hey Cyllan, long time fan of your posts Smiley...however...

This is the HOF we are talking about. If this was some other yearly award ceremony, I'd understand your point. This is a lifetime achievement. This is one ceremony no artists like to miss (with the exepction of Van Halen of course). In GNR's case this whole thing is very unique though. The band's past is quite different from the band's present (and who knows what will happen in the future). Axl is GNR. He's the only member left. He needs to take care of the band's image. Even if the situation he's going to deal with will be very tricky from his perspective, I'm sure he cares about what the band represents now and what represented then.

That's why he will put his differences aside from one evening. I'm sure there won't be a performance by the old line up. In my opinion, eventhough I wouldn't mind seeing Axl and Slash play together again (especially for us veteran fans who have seen them performed together in the early 90's), it could very well lead to misinterpretations about who is who in GNR nowadays.

Having said that, whatever happens, will make Axl look like a foe to the eyes of the media and casual fans. Unfortunately, it's a lose-lose situation for him, regardless the outcome.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #997 on: March 13, 2012, 09:09:53 AM »

This is the HOF we are talking about. If this was some other yearly award ceremony, I'd understand your point. This is a lifetime achievement. This is one ceremony no artists like to miss (with the exepction of Van Halen of course). In GNR's case this whole thing is very unique though. The band's past is quite different from the band's present (and who knows what will happen in the future). Axl is GNR. He's the only member left. He needs to take care of the band's image. Even if the situation he's going to deal with will be very tricky from his perspective, I'm sure he cares about what the band represents now and what represented then.

I'm still not convinced about the international significance of the HOF, although I do appreciate that it's probably a big deal in the US.  I agree that Axl is GN'R in that he's provided the continuity from the early days to the present, and I'd go so far as to say that this fact alone qualifies him as the individual best placed to receive the award on behalf of GN'R.

That's why he will put his differences aside from one evening. I'm sure there won't be a performance by the old line up. In my opinion, eventhough I wouldn't mind seeing Axl and Slash play together again (especially for us veteran fans who have seen them performed together in the early 90's), it could very well lead to misinterpretations about who is who in GNR nowadays.

Having said that, whatever happens, will make Axl look like a foe to the eyes of the media and casual fans. Unfortunately, it's a lose-lose situation for him, regardless the outcome.

Again, I agree with you that Axl is on a hiding to nothing with this one, however I still hope that he may surprise us yet and pull the proverbial rabbit from the hat!

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #998 on: March 13, 2012, 09:17:25 AM »

Oh no!!-he played with Robin and Brain last night, this is going to fuel reunion talk with the early 2000's lineup, and stop and momentum Axl has built up Roll Eyes   It should only be about the future!!!!..lol

libertad
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #999 on: March 13, 2012, 09:31:34 AM »

Oh no!!-he played with Robin and Brain last night, this is going to fuel reunion talk with the early 2000's lineup, and stop and momentum Axl has built up Roll Eyes   It should only be about the future!!!!..lol

OMG FERRER & ASHBA ARE OUT

Grin Grin

Next step...Buckethead  ok
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: