Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 12:07:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228517 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 494240 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #960 on: March 11, 2012, 05:29:31 PM »

Why do you think a performance would help Axl's image in any way?

People would be wondering why the old band can't to a tour and/or album together if they did... And who'll get the blame?

/jarmo

to show the world that he can be NOT full of bitterness and hatred towards an old friend for 1 night, a person with whom he is considered to be one of the few frontman/guitar-duos of all time and with whom he wrote all the hits! it could easily be seen as a touch of strong personality issue to celebrate that 1 night together.

The guy who co-wrote the hits? Izzy?  Cheesy

But isn't is also a strong personality character to be true to your beliefs and not do what others think you should?

It goes both ways....

regarding a performance, or no performance or any re-union talking before/after, surely Axl will be the one being blamed most, no matter what he does. in the end he constantly has been the only one NOT willing to do it.

Exactly. So you think there'd be less reunion talk if the old band was to perform together?

/jarmo

I do. cause everyone would expect a full blown reunion. Once it didn't happen, people would then know 100 percent for sure, its never gonna happen.  people would also get their closure and lasting image of the past and could move forward and be more accepting of everything in general.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #961 on: March 11, 2012, 06:16:32 PM »

SCOM beginning riff and solo, Jungle riff, November Rain solo etc.? Wink

A riff and/or solo doesn't make a hit. Wink

i agree, it goes both ways, but thats part of the paradox artist/fans. and if he truely beliefs that he still doesnt want to deal with Slash anymore and doesnt do what others (fans, general public) think he should do that night, then its an easy thing for him: he doesnt attend the cerenomy!

That's one option.

depends on HOW they handle it. re-union talking will always be there, it surely will grow if they'd perform, but they could calm down that some easy in advance with no reunion-touring press release, talking in the acceptance speech, interviews etc. how could a press seriously talk about reunion tours when the band clearly said NO @HOF on live tv and its allover youtube?

You have a high opinion of the media.

These are the same people who write what they want. Facts? What facts?

They could ignore everything said at the ceremony.

The media is so biased against Axl and GN'R that it's not even funny. Reviews are basically written before the first note has been played or in the case of Chinese Democracy, before the albums were mastered for release.

I do. cause everyone would expect a full blown reunion. Once it didn't happen, people would then know 100 percent for sure, its never gonna happen.  people would also get their closure and lasting image of the past and could move forward and be more accepting of everything in general.

I still think it would be the case of giving somebody a finger...

Why would anybody accept the present if they witnessed a reunion?

"Hell yeah! I got to see my reunion of the Appetite line up! Now I can support Axl and GN'R again, and stop working against the current band!"

It seems like these days bands do two things. Reunite with some old line up and/or play some old album in full on tour.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #962 on: March 11, 2012, 06:40:26 PM »

well yeah, i mean no doubt for some it would def be the finger thing.

Media wise though, I think if they one offed it and didn't reunite.. that would send a very very clear message that it will never happen.

You are always gonna have those that will bitch if they don't reunite and then would be the same bitching if they did reunite.

Those people, u just can't worry about or even argue/have a conversation with.

Axl shouldn't do it to appease anyone, but he will get the brunt of the backlash if he doesn't.  Hell, it could be Slash no wanting to do it and it prob still wouldn't matter.

He is in the ultimate catch 22.

IF they keep playing the shows they are playing though and THEN drop an amazing new album, I think that would shut pretty much everyone up regardless.

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #963 on: March 11, 2012, 07:07:35 PM »

SCOM beginning riff and solo, Jungle riff, November Rain solo etc.? Wink

these ones do  Wink
add that he was involved a lot in the songs, not only in "some riffs" as Axl said recently.

i agree, it goes both ways, but thats part of the paradox artist/fans. and if he truely beliefs that he still doesnt want to deal with Slash anymore and doesnt do what others (fans, general public) think he should do that night, then its an easy thing for him: he doesnt attend the cerenomy!

That's one option.

actually it'd be the ONLY option if Axl wouldnt care about others (fans) and still avoids meeting Slash.

depends on HOW they handle it. re-union talking will always be there, it surely will grow if they'd perform, but they could calm down that some easy in advance with no reunion-touring press release, talking in the acceptance speech, interviews etc. how could a press seriously talk about reunion tours when the band clearly said NO @HOF on live tv and its allover youtube?

You have a high opinion of the media.
These are the same people who write what they want. Facts? What facts?
They could ignore everything said at the ceremony.
The media is so biased against Axl and GN'R that it's not even funny. Reviews are basically written before the first note has been played or in the case of Chinese Democracy, before the albums were mastered for release.

but people EASILY would google the press statements (no re-union to happen), watch the accepting speech (no re-union to happen) on youtube, interviews (no re-union to happen) etc.  hell, this night will be sooo huge, that there are millions and millions re-watching the videos.
in this case the press would be on very very thin ice!

and jarmo, you repeately said you'd follow Axl's curse. what if he'd really re-unite with old Guns?

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #964 on: March 11, 2012, 07:47:34 PM »

but people EASILY would google the press statements (no re-union to happen), watch the accepting speech (no re-union to happen) on youtube, interviews (no re-union to happen) etc.  hell, this night will be sooo huge, that there are millions and millions re-watching the videos.
in this case the press would be on very very thin ice!

People don't Google.

They read something in the Metro and that's the only truth they get.

So often articles are written to be misleading. Imagine the headlines about GN'R reuniting. And then further down it says it was only a one off.

Where's the focus?

and jarmo, you repeately said you'd follow Axl's curse. what if he'd really re-unite with old Guns?

Curse? Wow. Pretty harsh...  Wink

If Axl chose to reunite with the old band, then I'd support it.

But until that happens, I live in the now. Smiley

Guns N' Roses got a show tonight in L.A. Nothing to do with the old band.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #965 on: March 11, 2012, 08:03:59 PM »

/jarmo

But can make a hit an immortal one.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #966 on: March 11, 2012, 08:31:30 PM »

yeah SCOM riff def makes it a hit. If Slash doesn't write that riff... Izzy doesn't do chords behind it.. Axl doesn't hear it..SCOM never gets written

without SCOM breaking big.. who knows where this band would've ended up.

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #967 on: March 11, 2012, 08:50:32 PM »

yeah SCOM riff def makes it a hit. If Slash doesn't write that riff... Izzy doesn't do chords behind it.. Axl doesn't hear it..SCOM never gets written

without SCOM breaking big.. who knows where this band would've ended up.

Of course the SCOM riffs, intro and solo is a remarkable achievement and makes the song extra special. But that doesn't mean Axl wouldn't have "made it" without those factors or without even that song itself. What about Duff and Steven, what they brought to the early songs is also something that was special and unmatched, but the strongest of all these factors were Axl's powerful and soulfull vocals.

Guitars, Bass and Drums can only carry a song so far. Do they help?, you bet they do, but the vocals is something that always defines a song, and either makes it a hit or a miss.

And just for the record, in SCOM's case.....if your talking about it making GN'R, and securing their success worldwide. It's a good job Axl ignored Slash's opinion about it being cheesy, and too much of a soft song for Appetite. Cause let's face it, if Axl listened to Slash and not played the song live at all, Guns N' Roses might not have become who they are today........right.  hihi
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #968 on: March 11, 2012, 09:15:08 PM »

Wrong Wrong Wrong dude

If Axl were singing over Bullet Boy riffs... I'm not sure he is in the Hall of Fame today.

Granted he is one of the greatest frontmen/vocalists of all time but it takes a lot more than that to make classic all time great songs.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 09:29:45 PM by D » Logged

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #969 on: March 11, 2012, 09:34:35 PM »

Wrong Wrong Wrong dude

If Axl were singing over Bullet Boy riffs... I'm not sure he is in the Hall of Fame today.

Granted he is one of the greatest frontmen/vocalists of all time but it takes a lot more than that to make classic all time great songs.

And that's exactly what I said...

All of those factors helped Axl, and that is why Guns N' Roses are getting inducted into the Hall Of Fame. I just think that the vocals and songwriting, are the most important factor in any band situation. The vocals are unique and can't be imitated, and Axl's songwriting abilities speak for themselves. November Rain, Don't Cry, Prostitute, There Was A Time, Estranged etc.....The vocals and lyrics are the most important essence of any song, period.  Cheesy

Slash wouldn't be in the Hall Of Fame, if he was playing riffs over Fergies' vocals either  rofl
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 09:36:20 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #970 on: March 11, 2012, 09:41:51 PM »

Wrong Wrong Wrong dude

And that's exactly what I said...

All of those factors helped Axl, and that is why Guns N' Roses are getting inducted into the Hall Of Fame. I just think that the vocals and songwriting, are the most important factor in any band situation. The vocals are unique and can't be imitated, and Axl's songwriting abilities speak for themselves. November Rain, Don't Cry, Prostitute, There Was A Time, Estranged etc.....The vocals and lyrics are the most important essence of any song, period.  Cheesy

Slash wouldn't be in the Hall Of Fame, if he was playing riffs over Fergies' vocals either  rofl

to whom?
i think Slash's guitar work in SCOM and NR are the best parts of the song.

14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #971 on: March 11, 2012, 09:43:55 PM »

I think the best and most simple way to put this to bed would be for Axl to acknowledge during his acceptance speech that he understands fans would like to see the originals plays a few songs together that night but he that feels it would be disrespectful to the current line-up and what he's worked so hard to build after all of these years that it wouldn't be appropriate.  As long as its done is a professional way (no blame game or victimization stuff), Axl maintains his and Gn'R's integrity and should keep the negative criticism about not playing together to a minimum.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #972 on: March 11, 2012, 10:12:04 PM »

As long as its done is a professional way (no blame game or victimization stuff), Axl maintains his and Gn'R's integrity and should keep the negative criticism about not playing together to a minimum.

"maintains his and Gn'R's integrity" ??  confused

I really don't think Axl gives a rat's ass about negative criticism for whatever he chooses to do or not do on that particular day (nor should he IMO).

And he's probably having a good laugh reading all this drama ... especially the parts about questioning "integrity" or "being adult" or "maturity" like this ceremony has any relevance to any of those things.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #973 on: March 11, 2012, 10:17:54 PM »

I think he cares very much.

14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #974 on: March 11, 2012, 10:35:23 PM »

I think he absolutely cares and has pretty much admitted as much in interviews, most recently on TMS.  Look at Scraped.  Now clearly he doesn't make decisions based on popularity, but negative criticism affects him, probably too much.  He may come off as the I don't give a fuck attitude, but he cares deeply.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Birk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #975 on: March 11, 2012, 10:37:15 PM »

So whos going? Just reserved my car rental, and have my hotel booked for saturday night...CANT WAIT FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!

Driving up from Charlotte.  Can't wait. 

Looks like we can rule out a performance by the current lineup since Tommy is playing Harrisburg, PA on the same night.

Cool, what section are you in? Im in 54
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #976 on: March 11, 2012, 10:47:41 PM »

I think he absolutely cares and has pretty much admitted as much in interviews, most recently on TMS.  Look at Scraped.  Now clearly he doesn't make decisions based on popularity, but negative criticism affects him, probably too much.  He may come off as the I don't give a fuck attitude, but he cares deeply.

Exactly. look at one of those new FB posts. he cares deeply.

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #977 on: March 11, 2012, 10:55:55 PM »

How do you know that's him?

Ali
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #978 on: March 11, 2012, 11:09:49 PM »

What FB posts?

Unless it's on Axl's Twitter, chances are it's not him.

And people wonder why I think anything Axl does regarding this honor will be twisted and turned...

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #979 on: March 11, 2012, 11:51:55 PM »

Axl is Guns N Roses.. anything posted under Guns N Roses should be authorized by him right?

Seriously sick and tired of all the crap that lingers on and on and on. Low-life e-bayers who slime around shows begging for autographs to sling merch, prob knock-offs, rippin off fans. Lazy-ass bloggers and so called writers, media horrors (being nice here) that cut and paste other idiot's crap like 2nd graders misleading people and misrepresenting. Lethargic whiny lil bitches who will probably never ever get it cause their heads are decades into the last century and buried up someone's ass. Luckily, for sanity's sake, there are good people who have a life and put in an honest day's work (or in this case night's). We found this review and obviously like it but more importantly respect it and what it represents. Go ahead share this and follow these guys cause they seem to get it. Thanks to ARTISTdirect and @RickFlorino for keepin it real.

https://www.facebook.com/gunsnroses

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: