Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 26, 2024, 07:15:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228515 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 493599 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #880 on: March 09, 2012, 11:54:08 AM »

This whole thing is one of those "can't win" situations. No matter what Axl does, it'll be criticized in one way or another.
/jarmo

So, to me, playin' a song or two with the old line up is the best thing he could  do, because the majority of the fans really want it to happen. Long time fans are just more numerous than the "new ones" and the "old ones not caring about the past line up anymore" put togheter.
A one-night reunion would cause more happiness than disappointment, i think it's so obvious.  Wink.

Would you go back to something from your past if you were asked to? Just saying...

Personally I think the best thing to do is to do what feels right.

As a fan, I don't feel like those guys owe me anything. Especially to perform together if it doesn't feel right.

You make it sound like nothing bad would come out of the performance.

I can think of a number of things. Imagine the first shows after the event. And you got upset "fans" saying they thought it would be the old band... For example.

When Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin performed together, both performances were followed by rumors of reunion tours. It was like adding fuel to the fire of people who were already waiting for that reunion. I bet the same thing would happen with GN'R.

Many of the people who want the reunion the most are the ones who have been wanting Axl and the current band to fail. Just so they can get their reunion...

Think about it...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #881 on: March 09, 2012, 12:11:03 PM »

This whole thing is one of those "can't win" situations. No matter what Axl does, it'll be criticized in one way or another.
/jarmo

So, to me, playin' a song or two with the old line up is the best thing he could  do, because the majority of the fans really want it to happen. Long time fans are just more numerous than the "new ones" and the "old ones not caring about the past line up anymore" put togheter.
A one-night reunion would cause more happiness than disappointment, i think it's so obvious.  Wink.

Would you go back to something from your past if you were asked to? Just saying...

As a fan, I don't feel like those guys owe me anything. Especially to perform together if it doesn't feel right.

I can think of a number of things. Imagine the first shows after the event. And you got upset "fans" saying they thought it would be the old band... For example.

When Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin performed together, both performances were followed by rumors of reunion tours. It was like adding fuel to the fire of people who were already waiting for that reunion. I bet the same thing would happen with GN'R.

Many of the people who want the reunion the most are the ones who have been wanting Axl and the current band to fail. Just so they can get their reunion...

Think about it...

/jarmo

I agree with most of what you said, except for the "wanting the current band to fail".
I don't think it's that big of a conspiracy. Many people consider them two entirely different bands, or at least eras.
That's how I personally look at it. AFD/UYI Guns N' Roses is one of my all time favorite bands, The band I grew up listening to.
The current lineup is great in it's own right, but it's not the band I grew up on. I've seen many incarnations live over the years, and have never been disappointed, but
a lot of people, myself included would love to see that AFD/UYI lineup take the stage again on this one night, assuming they were truly able to put aside their differences(big "if").
I would never wish for a band to fail, well maybe Nickelback, but you get the point.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #882 on: March 09, 2012, 12:14:30 PM »

It's not a conspiracy.

Some people are just negative so they can get what they want. Nothing to do with conspiracies. Just human nature and some people being that selfish.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #883 on: March 09, 2012, 12:25:34 PM »

I'm sure that some would find a way to complain regardless.

What will be, will be - accept it and enjoy the evening for what it is;  A celebration of the achievements and legacy of GN'R - any performance or a lack thereof makes no difference to this.  I'm proud to be a fan of a band that has accomplished this  ok
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #884 on: March 09, 2012, 12:39:42 PM »

I don't care if they do. If they do... cool. If they don't cool. Life will go on. I will still be proud of them for making ALL alive and well for 25 years +.

I'm not upset or worried about it. I'm sure Axl isn't loosing sleep over it.

They don't owe anyone a damn thing. I'd rather have no reunion than a half-assed attempt by bitter people pretending to like each other.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #885 on: March 09, 2012, 12:46:24 PM »

/jarmo

Think about it...

/jarmo

I didn't mean that. But as you said before: "whatever Axl will do he will be criticized" then, if he has to choose (and obviously only if he feels right to bury the hatchet just for some hour), choosin' to play is way better than choosin' to not play. I think he don't have to care about all the media speculations, the whinings etc.., but if he feels right to do that, just do that. It would be a step forward in terms of "ok this is the old band, back in the days it was great and tonight we want to honour it. End of the story".
I think the new line up could play too, payin' tribute to the old one,  finally showing itself to the world as a band wich can play the old stuff in a proper way (or even in a better way)

icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #886 on: March 09, 2012, 02:12:03 PM »

I love the current line up. I saw the 2006 line up and the current lineup twice. BUT I would like to see the AFD/UYI lineup play a song or two. They are being inducted so embrace it. They can all say it during their speech that there WILL NOT be a reunion. They can give a little speech about the closure and official end to that era. There will always be reunion rumors and people will never accept the new band but this is once in a lifetime achievement for something that happened years ago. If I made millions of people happy then I would share the stage with an enemey for a few hours. But that is just me. I like to make people happy. At the end of he night they will most likely be in different parts of the country never to see each other again. That is my view.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #887 on: March 09, 2012, 02:16:13 PM »

choosin' to play is way better than choosin' to not play.

How is choosing to play better than not?

Maybe it's better for you. You don't know if it's better for Axl. Or Duff, Izzy and so on....

We don't even know what Izzy thinks of the whole thing..

I stand by what I said. Just because something is "the best option" in your opinion, doesn't automatically make it the best for all those involved. I hope you can respect that.

Seems like a lot of people can't.

/jarmo

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #888 on: March 09, 2012, 02:20:11 PM »

It will still be very cool to see them all accept the award -- hopefully that's still the plan. Smiley

Duff is already in town the night before.

Thanks.  With everyone on Twitter, except Izzy, hopefully we'll know in advance who's attending.  yes

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #889 on: March 09, 2012, 02:28:05 PM »

Classic lineup playing at the HOF is destined to be one huge clusterfuck for everyone involved. It will not happen.
I mean they would HAVE to rehearse....Guns N' Roses (the real one) are currently on tour and have no time for that BS.

MAYBE just MAYBE some of the alumni will play a song with Guns N' Roses (the real one)

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #890 on: March 09, 2012, 03:19:46 PM »

I'd love to see the old lineup play, but only if it felt right for all involved.  Nothing would be worse than if they played and there was a 'hostage at gunpoint' vibe about it.  And given the Axl-Slash bad blood, I don't see how it could possibly feel right for them.   
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #891 on: March 09, 2012, 03:20:07 PM »

unfortunately it really is a lose-lose situation for Axl.  I think the lesser of 2 evils (and what I would personally prefer) is to perform, however.  My tickets are going up on Stub Hub tonight though.  
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #892 on: March 09, 2012, 03:29:17 PM »

I mean they would HAVE to rehearse.

Are you serious?  Shocked Shocked
wadey
Legend

« Reply #893 on: March 09, 2012, 03:37:23 PM »

Regardless who shows, if they play, if they dont play etc etc etc
i doesnt really matter to me, im just happy that my favorite band has got the recognition they deserve  beer

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #894 on: March 09, 2012, 03:38:08 PM »

The only band which has the right to be on that stage is the original line up.

If Axl want to play with both the old band & the new one sounds cool to me, but performing only with the new line up doesn't make any sense.

They have been inducted because of AFD, wich was made by the originale line up, like it or not.

If Axl doesn't want to play with Slash i think he's right and he got all the reasons to don't perform at all... But playin' without Slash would be very unappropriate and even a kind of lack of respect in terms of acknowledgement of the importance of Slash's work

Who gives a shit? They decided to quit it's their problem. Guns N' Roses is better than ever without them in 2012.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
wadey
Legend

« Reply #895 on: March 09, 2012, 03:45:25 PM »

you know what he meant, your just editing the quote to make him sound stupid

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #896 on: March 09, 2012, 03:54:02 PM »

First: I do and say what i want
Second: I didn't want to make him sound stupid
Third: do you really think that long time musicians need to reahearse their own songs, wich they still play in their own band? This is why I asked him if he was serious...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #897 on: March 09, 2012, 04:08:01 PM »

Third: do you really think that long time musicians need to reahearse their own songs, wich they still play in their own band? This is why I asked him if he was serious...

Yes. Bands rehearse.

/jarmo

wadey
Legend

« Reply #898 on: March 09, 2012, 04:09:19 PM »

First: I do and say what i want
Second: I didn't want to make him sound stupid

answered your own comment !!
musicians who play their own songs in their own band?
volcano62 was talking about the classic lineup playing together again! they havnt played together since 93' so of course they will have to rehearse
and even if it was the current guys playing they would still have to rehearse due to the venue and size of stage etc etc

ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #899 on: March 09, 2012, 04:26:48 PM »

Yes. Bands rehearse.

/jarmo

Are they a band? They have to show up to play 1 or 2 songs to give people some fun and good memories. It's really the last one of a lot of "problems".
Tell me...People who jumped on stage and play with guns (ex: zakk wylde, duff, izzy...) had  reahersed with the band? They sucked on stage?

C'mon... we are talking about people who have to play some music, and it looks like you're talking about people who have to climb the fuckin' K2 with no oxygen in order to escape from the nazis   confused confused Take it easy!!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 04:29:06 PM by ITARocker » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: