Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2024, 03:26:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228506 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 492800 times)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #760 on: February 14, 2012, 10:19:54 PM »

How will it be done?  Will Slash be on one side and then Axl and Dizzy on another, and when Slash gets done with whatever comments he wants to make, will Axl speak?  Who will actually speak?  Everyone?  Just one or two people?
The one question you left out, the big question, is who will perform.
There are a lot of different scenarios. Smiley

I don't think Axl will perform with the old band, so I felt no need to ask who would perform  ok

I didn't think they would all be on stage together accepting the award...but they are.  The one thing Axl isn't...is predictable. ok

Simply...

Ex.Gunners Left // Guns N' Roses Right

smoking

pd. AXL In MALIBU Eat Burguer King

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #761 on: February 14, 2012, 11:17:13 PM »

If this is really true, this would be great!!

"All Guns N? Roses Original Members to Attend Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Ceremony"

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/all-guns-n-roses-original-members-to-attend-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-ceremony/

Who Says ??

Dizzy Reed

libertad
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #762 on: February 14, 2012, 11:43:06 PM »

If this is really true, this would be great!!

"All Guns N? Roses Original Members to Attend Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Ceremony"

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/all-guns-n-roses-original-members-to-attend-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-ceremony/

Who Says ??

Dizzy Reed

Dizzy Confirmed ?? Where ??

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #763 on: February 14, 2012, 11:43:49 PM »

Whos going? I bought 1 ticket and already got my hotel paid for, and im driving from Chicago by myself.
I'll be there to see whatever might or might not happen.  Can't wait.  It's about a 10 hour drive for me, so I'm making it in 2 days.  The friend I'm going with lives at about the midway point, so it works out pretty good.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #764 on: February 15, 2012, 12:41:49 AM »

That's pretty cool they're all gonna show up.  It will be a special evening.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #765 on: February 15, 2012, 12:56:34 AM »

How will it be done?  Will Slash be on one side and then Axl and Dizzy on another, and when Slash gets done with whatever comments he wants to make, will Axl speak?  Who will actually speak?  Everyone?  Just one or two people?

I don't think Axl will perform with the old band, so I felt no need to ask who would perform  ok

I didn't think they would all be on stage together accepting the award...but they are.  The one thing Axl isn't...is predictable. ok

Simply...

Ex.Gunners Left // Guns N' Roses Right

smoking

That's right HBK, you tell 'em.

SOLD OUT
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #766 on: February 15, 2012, 01:42:22 AM »

Whos going? I bought 1 ticket and already got my hotel paid for, and im driving from Chicago by myself.
I'll be there to see whatever might or might not happen.  Can't wait.  It's about a 10 hour drive for me, so I'm making it in 2 days.  The friend I'm going with lives at about the midway point, so it works out pretty good.

I'll be there too! 
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #767 on: February 15, 2012, 06:06:07 AM »

I'll be there coming from UK. Gonna be class. Going to be there for a few days.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #768 on: February 15, 2012, 06:29:27 AM »

i really wish i could be there!

It would be amazing if all the original members attended!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
tippasaurus
Rocker

You must be the change you wish to see

« Reply #769 on: February 15, 2012, 07:42:43 AM »

Not trying to be pessimistic here, but I'll believe it when I see it.  A lot can change between now and the induction ceremony.  Funny thing is, I'd actually be more surprised if Izzy showed up to this thing than if Axl did.  That said, it'd be wonderful to see everyone back up on stage, even in a non-performing capacity.

"we are here to learn how to choose and to choose how to learn"
-michael
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #770 on: February 15, 2012, 08:05:15 AM »

I don't think they will perform together but I am just hoping for a cordial acceptance.  I think everyone will show up because regardless of what has happened over the years, this is a great honor.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #771 on: February 15, 2012, 08:22:39 AM »

holy shit.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #772 on: February 15, 2012, 08:26:15 AM »

My feeling is if they all do show up - They will play. Axl, Duff & Izzy are cool. Steven will be the most excited person in the world & I honestly think Slash will just get on with it... Won't know until 14th April. But here is hoping!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #773 on: February 15, 2012, 08:54:45 AM »

From business perspective reunion is to big risk for Axl and GNR.Ok,Duff and Slash are still ok and can play long tours.But do you think Steven (man who can problem with drugs in last 30 years)can play long tour.Do you think Izzy want to play stadiums now,and do you think Axl will believe in him.HOF is great place to see the best band ever together again,and that's all.New Gnr are real tresaure and I'm sure Axl don't want to loosse them.

Tickets would sell like hot cakes for a reunion tour, I'm sure.

And by the end of the tour (if it made it that far), someone would either be dead, in psychiatric rehab, or both.  I don't think they (Axl/Slash/Duff) could manage an entire tour and stay sane and healthy.  Too much old baggage, too many hurt feelings, too much personality conflict.  And I suspect Axl, at least, feels the same way.

And honestly....Izzy is best doing what Izzy has done recently:  Showing up, when he's got a hankering to play some GnR tunes, and doing a few shows...then fading away for awhile to do whatever next strikes his fancy.  I think he's happier that way, Axl's happier that way....everybody wins. 

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #774 on: February 15, 2012, 08:56:55 AM »

Damn straight Ali.  Nor should he feel required to.
The ol' band minus Slash?  I think he'd give it a go.
With Slash?  No.  (and I am more than cool with that)

Exactly.

I can envision Axl playing with Duff and Izzy for a one off....we've basically seen this already.  Steven is questionable...there's still SOME bad blood and ill will/feelings there.  I think Slash is a very, very, very long shot.  I would be really surprised to see that.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #775 on: February 15, 2012, 08:59:51 AM »

One In A Million - Your love for Axl circa 2002 is a bit misguided.  Its pretty obvious that Axl is personally is a much better space now than he was then.  The fact that Axl agreed to show at the HOF ceremony, because as he said, he doesn't want to ruin in for anyone, is a big step. Its not that much of a reach to think that its possible he'd play a few songs.  I think the biggest reservation Axl would have now is how playing a few songs would lead the media to speculate about a full on reunion and how that would overshadow what he's trying to do with the new band.  The only way around this would be for Axl to explain in no uncertain terms that it would be a one-off.  Even so, the media would still speculate, but its a shot.

I think that's a large part of it, too.

I think Axl would view playing with "the old guys" at the HOF as both leading people on (not to mention just making the rallying cries for a full fledged reunion that much louder) AND as being "disrespectful" to the new guys.

And I suspect he wants no part of being on stage with Slash, performing....still. 

But I guess we'll see in a couple months.

Together again,
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #776 on: February 15, 2012, 09:30:55 AM »

I don't think they will perform together but I am just hoping for a cordial acceptance.  I think everyone will show up because regardless of what has happened over the years, this is a great honor.

I agree with this -- I guess I'm just saying at this point, anything can happen.  Doesn't someone have to perform.

What does that mean? Cheesy

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #777 on: February 15, 2012, 12:31:29 PM »

He does seem to be unpredictable.  But, performing with the old band is an entirely different thing with a different set of consequences.

Ali
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #778 on: February 15, 2012, 12:38:17 PM »

He does seem to be unpredictable.  But, performing with the old band is an entirely different thing with a different set of consequences.

Ali

It's a tough decision for Axl, in terms of playing with the original lineup.  On the one hand, the buzz would be electric and everyone would be talking about Guns N' Roses.  On the other hand, people would be clamoring for a reunion more than ever once they see that they were civil enough to play at the HOF induction. 

As we can tell by the current GNR's summer tour dates as well as future album plans, that clearly is not on Axl's agenda...Yet is something he'll have to deal with.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #779 on: February 15, 2012, 01:38:37 PM »

But, performing with the old band is an entirely different thing with a different set of consequences.

I agree, look what happened when Duff joined him on stage in London.  That was just one member and that's all the media talked about for months.

It's a tough decision for Axl, in terms of playing with the original lineup.  On the one hand, the buzz would be electric and everyone would be talking about Guns N' Roses.  On the other hand, people would be clamoring for a reunion more than ever once they see that they were civil enough to play at the HOF induction. 

As we can tell by the current GNR's summer tour dates as well as future album plans, that clearly is not on Axl's agenda...Yet is something he'll have to deal with.

It is a tough decision, for all the reasons you list.  He does want (the Eddie Trunk interview), the focus to be on the current band and tour.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: