Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2024, 03:19:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228506 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 492786 times)
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #740 on: February 14, 2012, 04:20:48 PM »

i would only pay big bucks if they performed, lol.  never thought of the after parties, but i must say, cleveland is lame for parties, the city closes down too early, plus i don't think just anyone can get into that stuff either. 
We may not have "cool" clubs like New York city, but we'll take compliments, like the one Axl gave us, saying we were his favorite concert on the 2002 tour-I'll be watching GNR inducted in Cleveland, you can have paying expensive drinks in "hip" clubs with pretty people.
:facepalm:

Broski
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #741 on: February 14, 2012, 04:54:45 PM »

How will it be done?  Will Slash be on one side and then Axl and Dizzy on another, and when Slash gets done with whatever comments he wants to make, will Axl speak?  Who will actually speak?  Everyone?  Just one or two people?

The one question you left out, the big question, is who will perform.

There are a lot of different scenarios. Smiley

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #742 on: February 14, 2012, 05:11:55 PM »

All due respect to Dizzy, I'd like to hear/see official confirmation from Axl. 

Well, Dizzy must know something.  I don't think he's going without Axl. Wink

That's not all I meant, which is why I added the second comment.  Yes, I'd like to hear from Axl for certainty, but not just if he'll go.  How will it be done?  Will Slash be on one side and then Axl and Dizzy on another, and when Slash gets done with whatever comments he wants to make, will Axl speak?  Who will actually speak?  Everyone?  Just one or two people?

Ali
Usually everyone being inducted makes an acceptance speech I believe.

Broski
Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #743 on: February 14, 2012, 05:20:40 PM »

I think a performance would be short of a miracle.  It's already a miracle that they've all agreed to appear on the same stage - let's not think lightning will strike twice by them agreeing to play together.

At this point in time, I don't know what I want.  I LOVE the new band.  I wouldn't want any of the guys to not be in the band.  They sound incredible, they're having fun, and Axl is having fun.  On the same note - when I saw Slash last year and he played a few GNR songs, I realized that while I don't miss him being in the band per se, I do really miss his guitar tone.  I suppose time will only tell what happens at the HoF induction, and beyond - and I'll continue to support Guns N' Roses in whatever incarnation exists.

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #744 on: February 14, 2012, 05:33:50 PM »

Personally I don't really care what happens at the HOF but either way it will be interesting to watch. However I beleive that whatever happens it will just be a one off. GNR already has tour dates in Europe after the HOF so I don't think a full scale reunion would happen.

Broski
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #745 on: February 14, 2012, 06:16:17 PM »

I really don't care about a performance of the old line up (it woud be very cool of course but..you know). To me it would be enough watching axl n slash shaking hands n bury the hatchet forever  Smiley
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #746 on: February 14, 2012, 06:23:11 PM »

I have mixed feelings about this.....

On one hand, I'm happy and emotional about the prospect of the original band at least being on the same stage together. Whether this means performing, or just making amends, and maybe talking for a while about old times.

But on the other hand, I miss the Nu GN'R feeling of screwing the old band. I miss the Nu era of GN'R, in which Axl would do just about anything to go against the grain of original GN'R, and to get one up on his old bandmates. I miss the 2002 GN'R and Axl, in which he would have no problem in speaking his mind about Slash, and saying phrases like "He's in my ass, that's where Slash is".  hihi

So while I'm excited for what this ceromony may bring, I still miss the cavilier attitude of 2002 GN'R. Where it was them against the world, and they did everything they could to rewrite history by creating Nu GN'R, and forcing "old" GN'R off the map.

Just my true feelings on the subject.....

Old GNR will NEVER be forced off the map. Stop being silly.   If a GNR fan isn't happy about this.. i can just shake my head in disbelief.

Its healthy for Axl and everyone involved to bury the hatchet, give fans a proper goodbye and everyone move on with what they are doing.

Guarantee HBO shows this shit LIVE now. no way they tape delay this.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #747 on: February 14, 2012, 06:47:45 PM »

On one hand, I'm happy and emotional about the prospect of the original band at least being on the same stage together. Whether this means performing, or just making amends, and maybe talking for a while about old times.

But on the other hand, I miss the Nu GN'R feeling of screwing the old band. I miss the Nu era of GN'R, in which Axl would do just about anything to go against the grain of original GN'R, and to get one up on his old bandmates. I miss the 2002 GN'R and Axl, in which he would have no problem in speaking his mind about Slash, and saying phrases like "He's in my ass, that's where Slash is".  hihi

So while I'm excited for what this ceromony may bring, I still miss the cavilier attitude of 2002 GN'R. Where it was them against the world, and they did everything they could to rewrite history by creating Nu GN'R, and forcing "old" GN'R off the map.

Old GNR will NEVER be forced off the map. Stop being silly.   If a GNR fan isn't happy about this.. i can just shake my head in disbelief.

Its healthy for Axl and everyone involved to bury the hatchet, give fans a proper goodbye and everyone move on with what they are doing.

Where did I say I wasn't happy about this, I explained in my first sentance that I feel happy and emotional about original GN'R being all together again. But what you've gotta understand D, is that the era of GN'R post 1999 (Nu GN'R) means more to some people, and I came to love the Nu era GN'R better than the old.

And what was part of that bands make-up was going against the grain set by the old band, in all senses of the word. Music, look, attitude, personalities and the whole sense of creating something new. So although I'm stoked that this reunion thing might be happening......I still stand by my view that the whole 2002-2006, Chinese Democracy, Nu GN'R, version of GN'R is where my heart is, and always will be........because Axl showed he could create a GN'R that lived up to and surpass the legendary status left by the old band.

So while this is cool and all, I don't feel the same "joy" as someone who has been longing for this day since 1997.... Tongue
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 06:51:13 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #748 on: February 14, 2012, 06:54:15 PM »

Where did I say I wasn't happy about this, I explained in my first sentance that I feel happy and emotional about original GN'R being all together again. But what you've gotta understand D, is that the era of GN'R post 1999 (Nu GN'R) means more to some people, and I came to love the Nu era GN'R better than the old.

And what was part of that bands make-up was going against the grain set by the old band, in all senses of the word. Music, look, attitude, personalities and the whole sense of creating something new. So although I'm stoked that this reunion thing might be happening......I still stand by my view that the whole 2002-2006, Chinese Democracy, Nu GN'R, version of GN'R is where my heart is, and always will be........because Axl showed he could create a GN'R that lived up to and surpass the legenadary status left by the old band.

So while this is cool and all, I don't feel the same "joy" as someone who has been longing for this day since 1997.... Tongue

All I've been longing for is GNR, with anybody willing to play with Axl, since the 90's.  While I love the current lineup, and Chinese Democracy is a great album - it cannot touch, nor ever even be compared to Appetite for Destruction.  That would be like comparing apples to pine trees.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #749 on: February 14, 2012, 07:03:53 PM »

And what was part of that bands make-up was going against the grain set by the old band, in all senses of the word. Music, look, attitude, personalities and the whole sense of creating something new. So although I'm stoked that this reunion thing might be happening......I still stand by my view that the whole 2002-2006, Chinese Democracy, Nu GN'R, version of GN'R is where my heart is, and always will be........because Axl showed he could create a GN'R that lived up to and surpass the legendary status left by the old band.

BUT u wouldn't have new band without the old. NEVER forget that.

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #750 on: February 14, 2012, 07:06:50 PM »

And what was part of that bands make-up was going against the grain set by the old band, in all senses of the word. Music, look, attitude, personalities and the whole sense of creating something new. So although I'm stoked that this reunion thing might be happening......I still stand by my view that the whole 2002-2006, Chinese Democracy, Nu GN'R, version of GN'R is where my heart is, and always will be........because Axl showed he could create a GN'R that lived up to and surpass the legenadary status left by the old band.

All I've been longing for is GNR, with anybody willing to play with Axl, since the 90's.  While I love the current lineup, and Chinese Democracy is a great album - it cannot touch, nor ever even be compared to Appetite for Destruction.  That would be like comparing apples to pine trees.

That's cool, but that is your opinion.....

Just like someone will say the same thing comparing Chinese Democracy to Appetite, or the Nu GN'R compared to original GN'R.....I know it's hard to comprehend for all of those reunionists, but a large section of the GN'R fanbase, prefer the current band as apposed to the old one.

It's just opinions... Cheesy
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #751 on: February 14, 2012, 07:10:27 PM »

From business perspective reunion is to big risk for Axl and GNR.Ok,Duff and Slash are still ok and can play long tours.But do you think Steven (man who can problem with drugs in last 30 years)can play long tour.Do you think Izzy want to play stadiums now,and do you think Axl will believe in him.HOF is great place to see the best band ever together again,and that's all.New Gnr are real tresaure and I'm sure Axl don't want to loosse them.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #752 on: February 14, 2012, 07:40:41 PM »

How will it be done?  Will Slash be on one side and then Axl and Dizzy on another, and when Slash gets done with whatever comments he wants to make, will Axl speak?  Who will actually speak?  Everyone?  Just one or two people?

I don't think Axl will perform with the old band, so I felt no need to ask who would perform  ok

Ali
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #753 on: February 14, 2012, 07:50:42 PM »

I don't think Axl will perform with the old band, so I felt no need to ask who would perform  ok

Ali

Damn straight Ali.  Nor should he feel required to.
The ol' band minus Slash?  I think he'd give it a go.
With Slash?  No.  (and I am more than cool with that)

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #754 on: February 14, 2012, 08:33:36 PM »

One In A Million - Your love for Axl circa 2002 is a bit misguided.  Its pretty obvious that Axl is personally is a much better space now than he was then.  The fact that Axl agreed to show at the HOF ceremony, because as he said, he doesn't want to ruin in for anyone, is a big step. Its not that much of a reach to think that its possible he'd play a few songs.  I think the biggest reservation Axl would have now is how playing a few songs would lead the media to speculate about a full on reunion and how that would overshadow what he's trying to do with the new band.  The only way around this would be for Axl to explain in no uncertain terms that it would be a one-off.  Even so, the media would still speculate, but its a shot.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #755 on: February 14, 2012, 08:34:58 PM »

Sounds silly but i hope they do a big reunion tour just so i can laugh at fans like One in a million. smoking

Birk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #756 on: February 14, 2012, 08:49:33 PM »

Whos going? I bought 1 ticket and already got my hotel paid for, and im driving from Chicago by myself.
Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #757 on: February 14, 2012, 08:51:11 PM »

Sounds silly but i hope they do a big reunion tour just so i can laugh at fans like One in a million. smoking

As long as the band doesn't implode upon itself, I'm down for that too.  As Ive stated before - if Axl is on stage, the backing band doesn't matter much to me.

I don't know that Axl/Slash/Duff/Whoever else went with could work for a whole tour, and they certainly couldn't work right now from a writing aspect.  

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #758 on: February 14, 2012, 09:48:29 PM »

If this is really true, this would be great!!

"All Guns N? Roses Original Members to Attend Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Ceremony"

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/all-guns-n-roses-original-members-to-attend-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-ceremony/

Who Says ??

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #759 on: February 14, 2012, 10:05:33 PM »

I didn't think they would all be on stage together accepting the award...but they are.  The one thing Axl isn't...is predictable. ok

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: