Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2024, 01:18:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228506 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 492715 times)
Birk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #720 on: February 06, 2012, 08:03:45 AM »

well, i wish they would announce something.  i need to know if i should start to seriously look for tickets.  seeing how cleveland is only like a 3 hour drive for me, i have to go if there is in fact going to be an afd line up performance.

I dont think they will perform..... i would be happy if they all show up

Regardless if they perform or not to witness them all be there on the same stage will be amazing, and just imagine the after parties, its gonna be fucking nuts.  And just imagine if they do perform, and for the tickets that are $500 now, if they announce GNR is gonna perform 2 songs, expect to be paying about $2000.
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #721 on: February 11, 2012, 09:36:38 PM »

i would only pay big bucks if they performed, lol.  never thought of the after parties, but i must say, cleveland is lame for parties, the city closes down too early, plus i don't think just anyone can get into that stuff either. 
schnoogans37
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #722 on: February 14, 2012, 11:30:19 AM »

Sharing this news around....

"I know that all the original band is going to be there," keyboardist Dizzy Reed, the longest-standing member of the current GNR and an inductee that night, tells Billboard.com. "I don't know exactly what's going to go down. It's one of those things I'm sure will all come together and be really cool. I'm just going to go in with a good attitude and a clear head and a grateful heart."

http://www.billboard.com/news/all-original-guns-n-roses-members-will-be-1006185362.story#/news/all-original-guns-n-roses-members-will-be-1006185362.story
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #723 on: February 14, 2012, 11:51:01 AM »

"I know that all the original band is going to be there," keyboardist Dizzy Reed, the longest-standing member of the current GNR and an inductee that night, tells Billboard.com. "I don't know exactly what's going to go down. It's one of those things I'm sure will all come together and be really cool. I'm just going to go in with a good attitude and a clear head and a grateful heart."

http://www.billboard.com/news/all-original-guns-n-roses-members-will-be-1006185362.story#/news/all-original-guns-n-roses-members-will-be-1006185362.story

GUNS N' ROSES keyboardist Dizzy Reed has told Billboard.com that the band's entire original lineup ? including guitarist Slash and vocalist Axl Rose ? will attend the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction ceremony on April 14 in Cleveland. "I know that all the original band is going to be there," Reed said. "I don't know exactly what's going to go down. It's one of those things I'm sure will all come together and be really cool. I'm just going to go in with a good attitude and a clear head and a grateful heart."

When asked if there is a possibility that the musicians ? Rose, guitarists Slash, Izzy Stradlin and Gilby Clarke, bassist Duff McKagan and drummers Steven Adler and Matt Sorum ? will put aside well-publicized differences at the ceremony and pick up their instruments together, Reed told Billboard.com, "Honestly, we haven't spoken about it. I don't know when or why or how to bring it up. It's not an every day sort of thing. So we haven't really talked about it ? but I'm sure we'll have to at some point."

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=169754

Shocked

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #724 on: February 14, 2012, 11:56:57 AM »

very cool that they are all attending.  I would have hated to see Axl  or Slash not go because of any personal differences.  It is an honor for all who have been inducted, and each has a right to be on that stage.  Very cool.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #725 on: February 14, 2012, 12:08:44 PM »

Its very big of Axl to put aside his differences and show up.  Our Axl is growing into such a fine young man  yes

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #726 on: February 14, 2012, 12:20:38 PM »

GUNS N' ROSES keyboardist Dizzy Reed has told Billboard.com that the band's entire original lineup ? including guitarist Slash and vocalist Axl Rose ? will attend the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction ceremony on April 14 in Cleveland. "I know that all the original band is going to be there," Reed said. "I don't know exactly what's going to go down. It's one of those things I'm sure will all come together and be really cool. I'm just going to go in with a good attitude and a clear head and a grateful heart."

When asked if there is a possibility that the musicians ? Rose, guitarists Slash, Izzy Stradlin and Gilby Clarke, bassist Duff McKagan and drummers Steven Adler and Matt Sorum ? will put aside well-publicized differences at the ceremony and pick up their instruments together, Reed told Billboard.com, "Honestly, we haven't spoken about it. I don't know when or why or how to bring it up. It's not an every day sort of thing. So we haven't really talked about it ? but I'm sure we'll have to at some point."

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=169754

Shocked

All due respect to Dizzy, I'd like to hear/see official confirmation from Axl.  This could go down like the Blondie induction depending on how it's approached and done.

Ali
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #727 on: February 14, 2012, 12:44:13 PM »

All due respect to Dizzy, I'd like to hear/see official confirmation from Axl. 

Well, Dizzy must know something.  I don't think he's going without Axl. Wink

14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #728 on: February 14, 2012, 01:11:34 PM »

Since Duff talks to everyone, he should take it upon himself to coordinate how they are going to handle things, so that there is no embarrassing Blondie moments!

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #729 on: February 14, 2012, 02:00:40 PM »

All due respect to Dizzy, I'd like to hear/see official confirmation from Axl.  This could go down like the Blondie induction depending on how it's approached and done.

Ali

I suspect they'll all be there, in the building.  And they may all walk up on stage (and by all, I mean every member in attendance, including the new members) together to get "honored".

I'd be surprised if we see them all on stage, together, playing.....or, rather, I'd be surprised to see Slash and Axl on stage together, playing.  I'm not saying it can't/won't happen...just that it would be VERY surprising.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Ali
Legend

« Reply #730 on: February 14, 2012, 02:32:46 PM »

All due respect to Dizzy, I'd like to hear/see official confirmation from Axl. 

Well, Dizzy must know something.  I don't think he's going without Axl. Wink

That's not all I meant, which is why I added the second comment.  Yes, I'd like to hear from Axl for certainty, but not just if he'll go.  How will it be done?  Will Slash be on one side and then Axl and Dizzy on another, and when Slash gets done with whatever comments he wants to make, will Axl speak?  Who will actually speak?  Everyone?  Just one or two people?

Ali
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #731 on: February 14, 2012, 02:51:58 PM »

Yes, I'd like to hear from Axl for certainty, but not just if he'll go.  How will it be done?  Will Slash be on one side and then Axl and Dizzy on another, and when Slash gets done with whatever comments he wants to make, will Axl speak?  Who will actually speak?  Everyone?  Just one or two people?

I think you're going to have to wait until April 14th to get the answer to all of those questions. Smiley

Ali
Legend

« Reply #732 on: February 14, 2012, 02:52:39 PM »

Yes, I'd like to hear from Axl for certainty, but not just if he'll go.  How will it be done?  Will Slash be on one side and then Axl and Dizzy on another, and when Slash gets done with whatever comments he wants to make, will Axl speak?  Who will actually speak?  Everyone?  Just one or two people?

I think you're going to have to wait until April 14th to get the answer to all of those questions. Smiley

Yeah, you're probably right  ok

Ali
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #733 on: February 14, 2012, 03:05:18 PM »

2 months.

I'll probably get HBO to watch this. I haven't watched the HOF induction ceremony since Metallica were put in. Back then it was aired on Fuse.

Broski
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #734 on: February 14, 2012, 03:09:00 PM »

I have mixed feelings about this.....

On one hand, I'm happy and emotional about the prospect of the original band at least being on the same stage together. Whether this means performing, or just making amends, and maybe talking for a while about old times.

But on the other hand, I miss the Nu GN'R feeling of screwing the old band. I miss the Nu era of GN'R, in which Axl would do just about anything to go against the grain of original GN'R, and to get one up on his old bandmates. I miss the 2002 GN'R and Axl, in which he would have no problem in speaking his mind about Slash, and saying phrases like "He's in my ass, that's where Slash is".  hihi

So while I'm excited for what this ceromony may bring, I still miss the cavilier attitude of 2002 GN'R. Where it was them against the world, and they did everything they could to rewrite history by creating Nu GN'R, and forcing "old" GN'R off the map.

Just my true feelings on the subject.....
Annie
« Reply #735 on: February 14, 2012, 03:20:14 PM »

I'm just happy for Axl! ok I am glad that he is going to be attending because he truly deserves it. He is the last man standing and he has kept GNR alive.
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #736 on: February 14, 2012, 03:27:12 PM »

I'm just happy for Axl! ok I am glad that he is going to be attending because he truly deserves it. He is the last man standing and he has kept GNR alive.
Completely agree, even though he was joking the other night when he said he "didn't have much to show for it but he`d been in guns n roses for half his life" i think he should be proud and happy to have made it and look forward to good things to come he really deserves this award and i hope nothing and no one try`s to ruin it for him peace
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #737 on: February 14, 2012, 03:32:56 PM »

I have mixed feelings about this.....

On one hand, I'm happy and emotional about the prospect of the original band at least being on the same stage together. Whether this means performing, or just making amends, and maybe talking for a while about old times.

But on the other hand, I miss the Nu GN'R feeling of screwing the old band. I miss the Nu era of GN'R, in which Axl would do just about anything to go against the grain of original GN'R, and to get one up on his old bandmates. I miss the 2002 GN'R and Axl, in which he would have no problem in speaking his mind about Slash, and saying phrases like "He's in my ass, that's where Slash is".  hihi

So while I'm excited for what this ceromony may bring, I still miss the cavilier attitude of 2002 GN'R. Where it was them against the world, and they did everything they could to rewrite history by creating Nu GN'R, and forcing "old" GN'R off the map.

Just my true feelings on the subject.....

Wow-it's going to torture you to see this.

libertad
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #738 on: February 14, 2012, 03:43:09 PM »

i would only pay big bucks if they performed, lol.  never thought of the after parties, but i must say, cleveland is lame for parties, the city closes down too early, plus i don't think just anyone can get into that stuff either. 
We may not have "cool" clubs like New York city, but we'll take compliments, like the one Axl gave us, saying we were his favorite concert on the 2002 tour-I'll be watching GNR inducted in Cleveland, you can have paying expensive drinks in "hip" clubs with pretty people.

libertad
nats
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #739 on: February 14, 2012, 04:12:02 PM »

If this is really true, this would be great!!

"All Guns N? Roses Original Members to Attend Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Ceremony"

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/all-guns-n-roses-original-members-to-attend-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-ceremony/
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: