Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2024, 01:24:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228506 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 492730 times)
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #700 on: January 24, 2012, 03:40:35 AM »

Adler couldnt handle lots of the parts Matt put on those records, just remember the trouble he had with playing "Civil War" properly where they had to copy/paste sessions from like 40(?) takes - as being said repeatedly by band members.

According to the book, It's so easy (and other Lies) by Duff, they (the tech's) cut and spliced (that's physically cut and glued together) the sections you mentioned, which in old school money, in terms of difficulty, is like the difference between beating, straightening, welding and fettling a car panel against bolting on a replacement one. The gulf in skills to achieve the same results is massive.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Alfie Bones
Rocker

I'm on the nightrain.

« Reply #701 on: January 24, 2012, 08:41:50 AM »

Every member since Izzy left was luckiest man in the world.So here is the list of the luckiest men:Guilby,Matt,Dizzy,Tommy,Robin,Buckethead,Richard,Frank,Brian,Ron,DJ Ashaba

Except that Dizzy joined before Adler was fired, which was before Izzy quit.
TokyoRose
Headliner

« Reply #702 on: January 25, 2012, 04:07:57 AM »

You have to remember that some of those songs had been around awhile before UYI.  Dont Cry, November Rain, and You Could Be Mine come to mind.
Steven had already played them, and most likely had a part in their creation with the rest of the band.
On the other side I bet Matt did add a lot of orginal flavor to a good deal of songs on UYI.  It was probably a mixed bag.

As far as the HOF night I hope Axl is respectful to all parties.  He wouldn't be where he is today without the original members.
They've all said that it took those personalities to make up the band the way it happened.  On the same token he needs
to respect the current line up which is a solid band.  I think if he goes there, gives love to the guys that got him where he is today,
plays a few songs, thanks them, he's done his part.  Heal some wounds, which will only help your case, and the future of the current line up.

richwoman
VIP

« Reply #703 on: January 25, 2012, 04:22:31 AM »

You have to remember that some of those songs had been around awhile before UYI.  Dont Cry, November Rain, and You Could Be Mine come to mind.
Steven had already played them, and most likely had a part in their creation with the rest of the band.
On the other side I bet Matt did add a lot of orginal flavor to a good deal of songs on UYI.  It was probably a mixed bag.

As far as the HOF night I hope Axl is respectful to all parties.  He wouldn't be where he is today without the original members.
They've all said that it took those personalities to make up the band the way it happened.  On the same token he needs
to respect the current line up which is a solid band.  I think if he goes there, gives love to the guys that got him where he is today,
plays a few songs, thanks them, he's done his part.  Heal some wounds, which will only help your case, and the future of the current line up.

sorry can`t help myself getting back into this argument just want to point out that former members should equally respect Axl and this form of G`N`R works both ways, whatever he chooses to do people will always criticize him.
TokyoRose
Headliner

« Reply #704 on: January 25, 2012, 05:31:30 AM »

I agree Richwoman.  It's not all on Axl.  Every original band member has to grow up, and be civil.
I think it's a good time for healing.  It seems like everyone is in the best they've been since the problems of UYI.

It seems the new band members have respect for the past members, and I wouldn't think the old members have a problem with the new guys either.
I hope that all members step up to the plate and celebrate Guns 'n Roses at the HOF.    If old wounds are healed then it only means more success for the
current line up imo.

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #705 on: January 25, 2012, 05:55:16 AM »

No matter how much some of you try to rewrite history, Matt Sorum isn't an original member.

He joined the band at a time when the band's popularity was growing. Did he contribute to the band's success? He played on the albums and on the tour. So yeah, he had a part in it.
But did he write the hits? Did he come up with the videos and so on that propelled the band from being huge to be the biggest band in the world?

He's not the only drummer in the band's history. He's possibly the luckiest one though.

/jarmo

Don't get why would he be the luckiest one, but Matt Sorum is certainly the best drummer GNR has ever had!

Oh My God i cant deny this...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #706 on: January 25, 2012, 08:24:46 AM »

no....
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 10:17:18 AM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #707 on: January 25, 2012, 09:49:31 AM »

I'm still lost as to what everyone is arguing about here. The guys being inducted has been set so argue all you want. Matt and Steven are in.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #708 on: January 25, 2012, 10:31:16 AM »

I'm still lost as to what everyone is arguing about here. The guys being inducted has been set so argue all you want. Matt and Steven are in.

that's what I've been saying.  It is the overwhelmingly popular opinion that "Appetite For Destruction" would have gotten the band in by itself, and Matt and Dizzy both stepped in shit in a way, because that band was going to the Hall of Fame with or without their help.  That does not mean I am downplaying either of their contributions, especially Dizzy who has contributed more than Matt due to his songwriting.

Leave it up to Guns N Roses fans to take a great moment in the bands history and turn it into the same old bullshit.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #709 on: January 25, 2012, 10:51:24 PM »

especially Dizzy who has contributed more than Matt due to his songwriting.

Do you mean then or now?  Maybe Dizzy contributed on Chinese Democracy, but he played on only 11 of the 30 Use Your Illusion songs, and he certainly didn't contribute to the songwriting.  Sorum was much more involved than Reed was during the band's heydey, which is the era for which GNR is being inducted.

You said it best right here....

Matt and Dizzy both stepped in shit in a way, because that band was going to the Hall of Fame with or without their help

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #710 on: January 25, 2012, 11:46:50 PM »

When is the Rock N Roll HOF televised ? its on HBO right ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #711 on: January 26, 2012, 05:04:12 AM »

I think they said May. And yes it was HBO

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #712 on: January 30, 2012, 10:24:34 PM »

ok, lmfao, i'm disappointed, i was hoping to see some official word on if they are even performing or attending the induction ceremony, and after reading 20 or so pages, i still don't know!!!!!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #713 on: January 31, 2012, 11:16:37 AM »

ok, lmfao, i'm disappointed, i was hoping to see some official word on if they are even performing or attending the induction ceremony, and after reading 20 or so pages, i still don't know!!!!!

There has been nothing announced or even decided about performances or appearances.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Birk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #714 on: January 31, 2012, 08:37:14 PM »

I just paid $500 for 1 ticket off ebay, decent seats compared to the prices and seats on stubhub
section 54 Row L
im driving there from Chicago
Also heard the bands hang out at the Ritz Carlton Hotel there and the HOB, maybe a surprise HOB show with original members?
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #715 on: February 01, 2012, 10:45:35 AM »

Ahahaha your funny birk  Grin

That was a good one!

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Birk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #716 on: February 01, 2012, 10:48:43 AM »

Ahahaha your funny birk  Grin

That was a good one!

wishful thinking LMFAO
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #717 on: February 04, 2012, 04:52:40 PM »

The ceremony is 14th april? any news? any  new interview?
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #718 on: February 04, 2012, 09:05:57 PM »

well, i wish they would announce something.  i need to know if i should start to seriously look for tickets.  seeing how cleveland is only like a 3 hour drive for me, i have to go if there is in fact going to be an afd line up performance.
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #719 on: February 06, 2012, 03:42:00 AM »

well, i wish they would announce something.  i need to know if i should start to seriously look for tickets.  seeing how cleveland is only like a 3 hour drive for me, i have to go if there is in fact going to be an afd line up performance.

I dont think they will perform..... i would be happy if they all show up
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: