Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2024, 07:24:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228505 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 492506 times)
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #600 on: January 19, 2012, 10:15:01 AM »

If ever Slash is there then Tracii should also....I mean he put the Guns in Guns N' Roses
I'm still expecting the current lineup to blow everyone away and maybe have some of the alumni play a few songs with them.

I don't think many people are clamoring to see Tracii on stage with GN'R.
I think it's safe to say that most people don't know he was ever a part of the band.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #601 on: January 19, 2012, 10:15:57 AM »

Tracii Guns:

"I could see a conversation where we decided to do a little show and not tell anybody," Guns admitted. "I see that much more than being in the studio. I'm not interested in that. But if Guns N' Roses gets inducted into the Hall of Fame, then I guess we'll play on stage together then."

http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/weekender/music/music-hall-of-fame-inductees-announced/article_f781c7ae-6a8c-5f62-9e46-d8a0661983a8.html

A mute point seeing as isn't one of the members inducted.

What Members Inducted ??

Guns N' Roses the band (you know them they just finished a tour) decides who gets inducted.

Pretty sure it's the Hall that decides, not the band.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #602 on: January 19, 2012, 10:29:29 AM »

going back a page or so to "who should induct them".........isn't it usually someone who came after the inductee and was influenced by them?
i like the idea of Brian May & Rodger Taylor or Elton John not only does Axl really respect them but they were and still are very supportive of him, also there could be a chance Rod Stewart & Ronnie Wood could do it as the Faces are being inducted  Wink

They probably won't get older guys to induct GNR. I still say it's Kid Rock.

yeah I really don't want to see these old dinosaurs inducting the band.  I would be much more interested if one of their peers did it, like Flea did with Metallica.
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #603 on: January 19, 2012, 10:30:14 AM »

Tracii Guns:

"I could see a conversation where we decided to do a little show and not tell anybody," Guns admitted. "I see that much more than being in the studio. I'm not interested in that. But if Guns N' Roses gets inducted into the Hall of Fame, then I guess we'll play on stage together then."

http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/weekender/music/music-hall-of-fame-inductees-announced/article_f781c7ae-6a8c-5f62-9e46-d8a0661983a8.html

A mute point seeing as isn't one of the members inducted.

What Members Inducted ??

Guns N' Roses the band (you know them they just finished a tour) decides who gets inducted.

Pretty sure it's the Hall that decides, not the band.

I thought it was UYI line-up + Steven.  But that may have been an unconfirmed thing...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #604 on: January 19, 2012, 11:22:10 AM »

nothing is confirmed and i'm pretty sure the band decides. Metallica made the decision to induct Rob.

What are you guys talking about?  It was confirmed a month ago that Axl, Slash, Duff, Steven, Izzy, Matt and Dizzy were the ones getting inducted.  Has something changed since the Rock Hall confirmed that report on Eddie Trunk's show?
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #605 on: January 19, 2012, 11:34:17 AM »

nothing is confirmed and i'm pretty sure the band decides. Metallica made the decision to induct Rob.

What are you guys talking about?  It was confirmed a month ago that Axl, Slash, Duff, Steven, Izzy, Matt and Dizzy were the ones getting inducted.  Has something changed since the Rock Hall confirmed that report on Eddie Trunk's show?

That must have been where I heard it then!  looks like UYI line-up + Steven to me  Wink
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #606 on: January 19, 2012, 12:49:26 PM »

I think every member would be inducted personally,so....Dj to inducted Slash,Tommy to inducted Duff,Richard to inducted Izzy,Chris to inducted Dizzy,Frank to inducted Matt and Steven,and Obama to inducted Axl
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #607 on: January 19, 2012, 01:06:41 PM »

Guns N' Roses is being inducted.

GNR = Axl, BBF, DJ, Fortus, Tommy, Dizzy, Pitman, Frank

I'm sure the alumni will be involved as well. Hell Adler is already camping outside the building with Slash hihi

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #608 on: January 19, 2012, 01:14:35 PM »

I'm sure the alumni will be involved as well. Hell Adler is already camping outside the building with Slash hihi

True, BBF, DJ, Fortus, Tommy, Dizzy, Pitman, Frank are part of Guns N' Roses today, but they aren't being inducted to the Hall because they did nothing to warrant it at this point.
Maybe down the road.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #609 on: January 19, 2012, 01:43:14 PM »

This.

We already know who's being inducted in the Hall of Fame as Guns N' Roses. And no, it's not at all up the artist who gets inducted.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #610 on: January 19, 2012, 01:43:27 PM »

Bullshit, Slash is recording music, that's a pumpkin and pillows in a sleeping bag next to Adlers tent...

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #611 on: January 19, 2012, 02:07:40 PM »

Honestly, I don't see why Matt is getting inducted. He has no song writing credits under the Guns N Roses name and was a contractual, hired employee.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #612 on: January 19, 2012, 02:14:17 PM »

Honestly, I don't see why Matt is getting inducted. He has no song writing credits under the Guns N Roses name and was a contractual, hired employee.

Axl referred to him as a band member in the early 90's, so to call him a hired employee in 2012 is a pretty convenient thing to do.

Bottom line, Matt Sorum played drums on 2 of the greatest hard rock records of all time, which sold 14 million copies just here in the states.  Was it right place right time for him?? Maybe.  But he stepped up for the band when Steven wasn't able to cut it anymore.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #613 on: January 19, 2012, 02:22:39 PM »

Bodhi, Matt has no song writing credits and received no royalties from sales of the UYI albums because he was not a member of the band legally...not a party to the recording agreement. He was a contracted employee. Facts are facts.

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #614 on: January 19, 2012, 02:23:32 PM »

Axl in 8/1990 (MTV Famous Last Words): "He (Matt) saved the band!"

Re-Union time, baby!!
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #615 on: January 19, 2012, 02:24:53 PM »

So did Paul Tobias (Axl at Rock and Rio 2001)....is he getting in?  Roll Eyes

At least Tobias has songwriting credits on Gnr songs....and good ones I might add.  ok
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 02:28:36 PM by sky dog » Logged

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #616 on: January 19, 2012, 02:52:20 PM »

Rock Hall CEO confirms Guns N? Roses induction lineup

December 20, 2011

There?s been some question amongst fans about which members of Guns N? Roses are actually being invited to the band?s Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame induction next April.

We now have the answer.

?Who will be invited, obviously, is the original five [that made ?Appetite For Destruction?] and [keyboardist] Dizzy [Reed] and [drummer] Matt [Sorum],? said Joel Peresman, President and CEO of the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Foundation, during an interview Monday on Sirius/XM?s Eddie Trunk Live.

The five GNR members from the Appetite lineup are Axl Rose, Slash, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagan and Steven Adler.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #617 on: January 19, 2012, 03:07:41 PM »

December 20, 2011

There?s been some question amongst fans about which members of Guns N? Roses are actually being invited to the band?s Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame induction next April.

We now have the answer.

?Who will be invited, obviously, is the original five [that made ?Appetite For Destruction?] and [keyboardist] Dizzy [Reed] and [drummer] Matt [Sorum],? said Joel Peresman, President and CEO of the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Foundation, during an interview Monday on Sirius/XM?s Eddie Trunk Live.

The five GNR members from the Appetite lineup are Axl Rose, Slash, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagan and Steven Adler.

That's who "they" invited.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #618 on: January 19, 2012, 03:20:45 PM »

I actually think it would be cool if the new band inducted the old band.  peace

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #619 on: January 19, 2012, 03:25:55 PM »

December 20, 2011

We now have the answer.

That's who "they" invited.

Yeah, that's who the Hall Of Fame has invited to be inducted.  Will anyone else be there in at the ceremony?  I haven't seen anyone else mentioned so far.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: